• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    im trying to train a gallade but i have two obstacles in my way

1: i had no idea that Will O Wisp was a move the ralts could learn through breeding. So now i can't decide whether to keep either Confuse Ray or Will O Wisp
    2: What evs should i give him?

Although Gallade could be viable with Will-O-Wisp or Confuse Ray, it's counterpart, Gardevoir is better suited for that sort of thing. Gallade is more of an attacker. I'd personally use the SD set.

@ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Shadow Sneak/Night Slash
    - Stone Edge/Ice Punch
    Gives perfect coverage with Close Combat and Shadow Sneak. The last slot for you would be whatever threatens your team the most.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Although Gallade could be viable with Will-O-Wisp or Confuse Ray, it's counterpart, Gardevoir is better suited for that sort of thing. Gallade is more of an attacker. I'd personally use the SD set.

@ Life Orb
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge/Ice Punch
    Gives perfect coverage with Close Combat and Shadow Sneak. The last slot for you would be whatever threatens your team the most.

You meant to say Jolly nature.

Anyways I'm beggining to battle NU. What Pokemon are good for an NU Stall team?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Anyways I'm beggining to battle NU. What Pokemon are good for an NU Stall team?

Dusclops is pretty good in NU I know that D_A runs it pretty well. Also Sandslash, Roselia, Skuntank, and then of course there's always Walrein in hail which is just a monster. I've seen a Hitmonchan Rapid Spin set as well, but I'm not too sure on how effective that is. Slowking makes an effective bulky water along with I guess Politoed and also maybe Gastrodon, but HP Grass is more common in NU which can cause issues for Gastro. Bastiodon is also around but Magneton can give it issues, same story with Probopass. Porygon2 is also around, and so is Quagsire.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    No, I meant Adamant nature.
    Snadow Sneak means you won't need Jolly. Only use the Speed boosting nature if you don't have a priority move.

I've tried SD Gallade with that exact set and both nautres. You mainly outspeed Adamant/Modest Lucario and fellow Gallade running Adamant if you choose Jolly. Luacrio (Specs/CM or any Special-based Lucario in particular) will believe they can outspeed you with Shadow Ball and they get a CC to the face instead. Or Adamant Gallade will go second with their Shadow Sneak (meaning you kill first).

Adamant isn't a bad nature it just boils down to the good ol' power vs. speed thing.

Another option is a bulky set:
    Gallade @ Leftovers / Big Root
    Calm nature
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk or Speed/252 SpD
    -Bulk Up
    -Drain Punch
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Stone Edge / Ice Punch

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Dusclops is pretty good in NU I know that D_A runs it pretty well. Also Sandslash, Roselia, Skuntank, and then of course there's always Walrein in hail which is just a monster. I've seen a Hitmonchan Rapid Spin set as well, but I'm not too sure on how effective that is. Slowking makes an effective bulky water along with I guess Politoed and also maybe Gastrodon, but HP Grass is more common in NU which can cause issues for Gastro. Bastiodon is also around but Magneton can give it issues, same story with Probopass. Porygon2 is also around, and so is Quagsire.

^

To add onto this.

Wish Lickilicky is prolly the best Wisher in the tier.

Slash is the best spinner.

The best and only Spikers are Glalie (Taunt + Superfang + Boom etc), Roselia (Natural-Rest, Powders, T-Spikes, Synthesis, absorbs T-Spikes and has cool resistances and decent S.Def and great s.att etc), Pineco (Spin, Pain Split and all 3 hazards) and Omanyte (Celebi's def stat and good sp.att and all 3 hazards).

Best anti spins are Clops and Sableye imo.

Weather stall is easiest to pull off through SS and Hail basically. Mainly because CroDilly and Stallrein are virtually unstoppable in their respective weathers.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    How does this look for a Gardevior set for either UU/NU, I've been trying it in UU on my Team Nazi, but it didn't fit, so i replaced it with Umbreon, but it felt like it had potential:

Gardevior @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252HP/252Def/4SpD
    Ability: Trace

~Light Screen
    ~Reflect
    ~Psychic
    ~Pain Split / Wil-O-Wisp / Toxic

I'm not sure what to put in the last spot, it doesn't have a very reliable heal outside of Pain Split or Rest, I guess GameFreak hates it and was "lolnoRecover" whatever, not my call. So yeah, I need, basically, its idea is to come in on stuff like Ninetails, Poliwrath or stuff with similar abilities, and null an attack allowing them to theoretically, switch out and let me get at least one screen up.

I know it has obvious problems being Pursuit bait and all, but I feel like if I play it right and what not, it could be quite useful. So yeah, have at it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010

@ Life Orb
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge/Ice Punch
    ahh, i see

quick question, if i wanted to keep Will O Wisp, could i use

Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Shadow Sneak
    Will O Wisp?

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    Stealth rock vs. toxic spikes

Hey guys, I was starting to build my team for wifi battling and was wondering which is better, Stealth rock, or a double toxic spikes (cloyster with high defences using it to start a battle, than exploding, something along those lines)

I feel like stealth rock is more popular but doubling toxicspikes is more effective in a 6 on 6, as any pokemon that comes in is dead after 8 turns automattically, if not less.

What do you guys think

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    Well, Stealth Rock is auto good no matter what tier its in so I highly suggest this.

Tspikes on the other hand, is good for checking unprepared teams and is generally used on stall. Tspikes isn't generally good in OU because of the abundance of steels and floating dragons. In UU, Venusaur is everywhere and other poisons that reside there so it isn't too great down there either. The only real place its good is in ubers soo ~ yeah ...

Hope I helped ? =D

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I use the Toxic Spikes personally, but I also like to use Dream Eater, and so the Spikes totally kill that strategy.

Go with Stealth Rock. It's a better move, unless you don't use moves that make your Pokemon fall asleep, paralysis, etc. Only then go for Toxic Spikes xD

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Stealth Rock guarantees that your opponent is taking damage when they switch in, regardless of the Pokemon (Although the typing of said Pokemon ranges the damage from 50% to ~3%). Toxic Spikes, on the other hand, only poison non-flying types or any Pokemon not levitating that isn't of the Steel type. Poison types also absorb the spikes when they switch in. As Thoughts has pointed out, it is usually only used in stall, where you can prevent your opponent from using Rapid spin to spin your SR and Spikes (Both regular and Toxic) away. They can be used to support sweeps, but in OU and UU, that's still a little iffy (Except they do help wear down bulky water types).

You want to guarantee that any team you make has Stealth Rock, but depending on the job you are trying to accomplish with your team, you can use Toxic Spikes and Spikes at your discretion.

PS: Cloyster can work well as a lead in UU, but it isn't that great in OU, especially with Lead Infernapes, Heatrans, etc. running around.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    If you only want to use one entry hazzard, use Stealth Rock. Its more reliable, and faster/easier to set up. It hits everything (as previosly mentioned) and is used on literally, about every team. Toxic Spikes is good, but there are lots of Steels in OU who resist it, so its kinda 50/50.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Toxic Spikes are useful for weakening counters of Pokemon like Gyarados and Suicune. They're also useful for building up residual damage on stall teams.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I could do with sets for:

Impish Azumarill
    Naughty Quagsire
    Naive Octillery
    Relaxed Wailord
    Timid Walrein
    Brave Luvdisc

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    None of those natures are very viable, at all (And the fact that Luvdisc is even mentioned is pathetic in itself =3). The Wailord can pull of a Rest Talk set okay I guess (It's already slow, so the -Spe nature isn't bad)

Wailord@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Water Veil
    252 Def/252 SpD/4 HP

• Rest
    • Sleep Talk
    • Water Spout/Surf/Hydro Pump
    • Ice Beam/HP Electric/HP Grass
    Rest+Sleep Talk are obvious. Water Spout if you feel like you will stay up at high HP (Which is tough, since Wailord has pitiful defenses), otherwise go with Surf or Hydro Pump. The last slot is kind of a toss up, Ice Beam destroys Grass types, but the HPs hit other waters, and in NU (Where this is most likely to be used), Pokemon like Quagsire and Gastrodon are all around, so HP Grass might be the best choice.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    would it be a good idea to use teach my Gallade Hidden Power? i checked what type it would be, it would be ice.

Darkhunter101

Ice Trainer
    Years
    would it be a good idea to use teach my Gallade Hidden Power? i checked what type it would be, it would be ice.

No, Gallade's special attack is terrible, and for all you know, the hidden power could have a BP of 30 or something. If you really want an ice move go for ice punch.

andersennavy

Born to be the very best
    Years
    Im thinking about having a swampert for my lead pokemon. What would be a good EV spread for it and moves. Im thinking about grass knot and stealth rock, but idk the other 2 moves to give it to

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Lead Swampert? It doesn't get Grass Knot. Anyway, use this set for lead Swampert:

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Torrent
    EV's: 252HP/4Atk/252Def
    Moveset:
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Protect/Surf/Roar

In the 4th slot, use whatever you want.

Back