• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • need some pointer on My
    Gallade-Macho Brace
    Bold Nature
    reset all my Evs
    Drain Punch
    Shadow Ball
    Magical Leaf
    Night Slash

my question is should I train Attack Evs or Sp.Attack Evs I already have a Gardevoir with 252 Sp.Attack but I'm still torn on my Gallade so any advice is appreciated

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • need some pointer on My
    Gallade-Macho Brace
    Bold Nature
    reset all my Evs
    Drain Punch
    Shadow Ball
    Magical Leaf
    Night Slash

my question is should I train Attack Evs or Sp.Attack Evs I already have a Gardevoir with 252 Sp.Attack but I'm still torn on my Gallade so any advice is appreciated

My advice is to rebreed it to have an Adamant/Jolly nature have it hold a Life Orb/Expert Belt and run this moveset:

Gallade @ Life Orb/Expert Belt
    Jolly/Adamant Nature
    252Atk/252Spe

-Close Combat
    -Night Slash
    -Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunderpunch (wherever your team has weaks)
    -Swords Dance

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    Done EV'ing the ExtremSpeed Dragonite, I feel like making an army of EV'd dragonite :/

Can someone give me a few sets of nature, EV's, Moves for them?

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    Move Set For Smeargle

Hello i am training a smeargle and i dont have any good ideas of what moves to teach it. So i want to know what good moves are out there thx.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Hello i am training a smeargle and i dont have any good ideas of what moves to teach it. So i want to know what good moves are out there thx.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    252HP/252Spe
    Jolly Nature
    -Spore
    -Stealth Rocks
    -Spikes
    -Endeavor

Spore on first turn. Stealth Rock next turn, spikes until they wake up, use endeavor if they attack you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    252HP/252Spe
    Jolly Nature
    -Spore
    -Stealth Rocks
    -Spikes
    -Endeavor

Spore on first turn. Stealth Rock next turn, spikes until they wake up, use endeavor if they attack you.
    what tm is Spikes and where can i get it?

Detox

Actually you have to Sketch spikes onto it. Go into a double battle or find a wild pokemon that can use spikes and use sketch on it after it uses it.

Years
  • GAGAGIGAS

GAGAGIGAS

Introduction

Since I know I can't put this in its own thread, here is a team I made. It is a 4v4 Double Battle team, and will be used for the VCG 2010 tournament coming up. It is based off a youtuber's team from back in 2008, but I have changed most of the movesets and Pokemon. It is focused on making Regigigas a total monster, something it is very capable of doing. This follows no specific tier; this is just one hell of a team.

Team

Clefable @ Leftovers
    Magic Guard - Bold
    252 HP/168 Def/168 SDef
    Follow Me
    Protect
    Thunder Wave
    Reflect

Drifblim
    Unburden – Timid
    168 SDef/ 168 Spd /252 HP
    Stockpile
    Skill Swap
    Swagger
    BatonPass

Regigigas @ Lum Berry
    Adamant
    252 Atk/126 Spd/126 HP
    Ice Punch
    Crush Grip
    Psych Up
    Drain Punch

Blissey
    Natural Cure – Bold
    252 HP/168 Def/4 SDef/84 SAtk
    Helping Hand
    Aromatherapy
    Softboiled
    Thunder

Strategy

The strategy of this team is complicated, yet simple to use, and very effective. Yes, it is gimmicky, but aren't those kinds of teams the most fun to use?

You start off with Drifblim and Clefable. I choose Clefable over Togekiss (both of which have Follow Me), because even though Togekiss has better defenses, Clefable has better HP, it has less weakness', and it has the awesome ability of Magic Guard. Clefable will use Follow Me; taking hits while Drifblim Stockpiles, raising its Defense and Special Defense. Clefable will continue taking hits until Drifblim third Stockpile, where it usually dies. If it doesn't, the next turn I use one of its three extra moves until it dies, but that is beside the point. So, Clefable dies, and I send out Regigigas. Now the fun begins. Drifblim skill swaps with it, getting rid of Regigigas's Slow Start, and giving it Unburden. Now one of the beasts' biggest downfalls has been removed, and it can effectively use its monster stats. But that is not all. Regigigas will use Psych Up, copying the defense boosts that Drifblim got. Afterwards, Drifblim uses Swagger on Regigigas, making it confused, but also doubles its attack. Regigigas is cured of the confusion due to the Lum Berry it has. Now, remember how Regigigas got the ability Unburden. That means when the Lum Berry is used, Regigigas's speed gets doubled. So now, I have tripled defenses and special defense, doubled attack, and double speed. Like Lady Gaga would say, that boy is a monster! Not only can barely anything touch Regigigas, but it also 1HKO too many times to count. This team has been tested, and trust me, it works perfectly. So to add more awesomeness, Drifblim, which you may be surprised is usually always alive, due to the Stockpiles, Baton Passes to Blissey, and Blissey gets those defense boosts. Now I have a super wall and a super tank on the field. Awesome. To add to Regigigas's attack power, Blissey will use Helping Hand. Blissey can also heal any status problems that arise. The rest is history…

Conclusion

Yes, I know, this team may seem flawless, but I still have some problems. I don't know about the movesets of three Pokemon. For Clefable, it will always use Follow Me, no matter what, but if Drifblim has already Stockpiled three times and Clefable is still alive, I have three moves that it can use. Should I tweak those moves to different ones? Fore Regigigas, I like the moves it has there. Crush Grip is not only a signature move I like, but it has STAB, and will damage those guys that switch-in trying to defeat Regigigas. I use Drain Punch to gain back the HP lost on the first turn where Regigigas is out, and not attack, being left free for one attack, before it starts its rampage. I used to have Ice Punch over Thunder Punch, but it is predicted that many people will be using Rain Dance teams at the VCG, so Thunder Punch will give a lot of damage to those water-types. I think its great, but I want your guy's opinions. Also, all of those EVS you see there? They were made up by me, so I didn't use any proper smogon stuff like most people do. Hence, some of them can probably be changed, and please tell me where they do. Lastly, two of my Pokemon don't have items. This is due to their being the Item Clause in the VCG (or else I would have given them all Leftovers, aside from Regigigas of course). If any of you guys have ideas on what the other two Pokemon should be holding, please tell me. That is all I can think of now! Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Two quick questions..

1. Why is Heal Bell inferior to Aromatherapy on Blissey? It's not like any Soundproof Pokemon are actually worth putting on an OU team.

2. Am I the only one that realizes the sheer fun and cleverness of a Gravity team? There may be no item to prolong Gravity (damp rock, light clay, etc) but there's also no way to get rid of it.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Two quick questions..

1. Why is Heal Bell inferior to Aromatherapy on Blissey? It's not like any Soundproof Pokemon are actually worth putting on an OU team.

2. Am I the only one that realizes the sheer fun and cleverness of a Gravity team? There may be no item to prolong Gravity (damp rock, light clay, etc) but there's also no way to get rid of it.

1. In case people decide to be cute, and some people use Electrode in OU for rain dance teams.

2. No, its fun.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Lugia @ Bold nature
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Defense/4 SpD
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Aeroblast
    -Recover

Is that a good set?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Two quick questions..

well, same effect, but still, there can be a chance of encountering one ^^

well, they both have the same effect, but there still could be a chance of encountering one :3
    Gravity is a excellent move, since it gives most moves 100% accuracy o_o . i've created my own gravity team and its pretty good :3.

Years
  • You people ignored my post XD
    I worked hard on that ;-;

But about Aromatherapy. Why not use it? If it has an advantage, even if its small, why not just use it?

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • hi guys, can someone please give me a few good movesets for a physical or special attacker ho-oh? EVs would be helpful too, thank you so much

Years
  • Drifblim and Blissey don't have items.

You know your whole strategy goes to hell in a handbasket when something uses taunt?

1. I know. Item Clause is in effect. Any ideas on what I should put on them?

2. I know. Is there any way to stop a Taunt, aside from another Taunt? Because only 3 lines of Pokemon use Follow Me; Sentret line, Togepi line, and Cleffa line. Using Follow Me is essential to the strategy, unless you can find another strategy to use that can counter Taunt, yet still keep Driftblim alive for many turns, like how Clefable does. Also, is Taunt even used in 4v4 matches? o.o

hi guys, can someone please give me a few good movesets for a physical or special attacker ho-oh? EVs would be helpful too, thank you so much

Got these off Serebii, since Smogon is down.

Choice Band (Physical)

- Sacred Fire
    - Earthquake
    - Brave Bird
    - Punishment
    Item Attached: Choice Band
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Sacred Fire is amazing, and should always be used with the sun up. The 50% burn rate makes Ho-Oh really difficult to switch into, as nobody wants to take a burn. Earthquake provides great coverage with Sacred Fire, which is a great reason to use it, not to mention its high power. Brave Bird is a great STAB move with high power, although the recoil sucks. Punishment is there to handle stuff like Calm Mind Mewtwo and the Lati twins. Adamant is power, Jolly is speed. Pick your weapon.

Calm Mind (Special)

- Calm Mind
    - Flamethrower
    - Recover
    - Thunder
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

The only boost Ho-Oh really has, but it works. Calm Mind boosts Ho-Oh's already amazing Special Defence and good Special Attack, making it awesome. Flamethrower has a lot of PP and is the most accurate Fire attack. Recover is better than Roost for this set as with Roost, Ho-Oh will be hit by Earthquake. Thunder is amazing to use against Kyogre, other Ho-Oh, and stuff in general that resists Fire.

There you go :3

Last edited:

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    looking to fill the fourth slot on my Blissey.

Blissey
    Bold Nature
    Natural Cure
    252 Defence/200 HP/48 Special Attack
    Heal Bell
    Softboiled
    Ice Beam
    _________

At first I thought of Charge Beam, but then I remembered this is a Blissey and it's not worth using the TM on. Now, I'm thinking along the lines of T-wave. Correct me if there's a better option. And DON'T ride me about Heal Bell<Aromatherapy. My teams will never have a Soundproof pokemon, so I simply don't care.

EDIT: Could Helping Hand work? Honestly, the concept behind it is great and the increased priority is even greater. i'm also not doubtful of Blissey's ability to take hits.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • looking to fill the fourth slot on my Blissey.

Blissey
    Bold Nature
    Natural Cure
    252 Defence/176 SDef/ 80 Spa or HP

Heal Bell
    Softboiled
    Ice Beam
    Seismic Toss
    _________

At first I thought of Charge Beam, but then I remembered this is a Blissey and it's not worth using the TM on. Now, I'm thinking along the lines of T-wave. Correct me if there's a better option. And DON'T ride me about Heal Bell<Aromatherapy. My teams will never have a Soundproof pokemon, so I simply don't care.

EDIT: Could Helping Hand work? Honestly, the concept behind it is great and the increased priority is even greater. i'm also not doubtful of Blissey's ability to take hits.

Seismic Toss is the best so Substitute sweepers don't smack Blissey around like SubPetaya Empoleon etc. Also fixed your EVs.

Back