• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I read mail attached prevents trick from being used. If this is indeed true, it would seem mail on a suicidal lead wouldn't be too bad considering it would practically ruin any trick pokemon leads. Not only would it waste that turn, but it would force a switch as most using trick have choice items and being stuck using trick over and over again is not good.

However, is there any possible lead that could make this strategy work? I had been thinking Swampert or other similar pokemon that does not have to rely on another item much more like focus sash.

Also, what worries do I have to watch out for when using an Aerodactyl lead? Typical set-up. Focus in Atk/speed, stealth rock, etc.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Charmander Moveset by breeding help

If I breed a Male Dratini that knows Extreme Speed, and Flame Thrower with a female charizard will I get a charmander with all of the moves listed as Dratini's moves?

Also how can I get Charmander counter?

Years
    Okay, for Gagagigas...how about I try a Smeargle instead of Clefable. That is the only way to have both Taunt and Follow Me on a Pokemon =/

Smeargle @ Leftovers
    Own Tempo - Jolly
    96 HP / 120 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe

-Follow Me
    -Taunt
    -Protect
    -Spore

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    looking to fill the fourth slot on my Blissey.

Blissey
    Bold Nature
    Natural Cure
    252 Defence/200 HP/48 Special Attack
    Heal Bell
    Softboiled
    Ice Beam
    _________

At first I thought of Charge Beam, but then I remembered this is a Blissey and it's not worth using the TM on. Now, I'm thinking along the lines of T-wave. Correct me if there's a better option. And DON'T ride me about Heal Bell<Aromatherapy. My teams will never have a Soundproof pokemon, so I simply don't care.

EDIT: Could Helping Hand work? Honestly, the concept behind it is great and the increased priority is even greater. i'm also not doubtful of Blissey's ability to take hits.

Juse use S-Toss and Ice Beam.

1. I know. Item Clause is in effect. Any ideas on what I should put on them?

2. I know. Is there any way to stop a Taunt, aside from another Taunt? Because only 3 lines of Pokemon use Follow Me; Sentret line, Togepi line, and Cleffa line. Using Follow Me is essential to the strategy, unless you can find another strategy to use that can counter Taunt, yet still keep Driftblim alive for many turns, like how Clefable does. Also, is Taunt even used in 4v4 matches? o.o

You could give Drifblim a berry of some desired type since it has baton pass and a fair amount of bulk i guess. idk about double battles.

I read mail attached prevents trick from being used. If this is indeed true, it would seem mail on a suicidal lead wouldn't be too bad considering it would practically ruin any trick pokemon leads. Not only would it waste that turn, but it would force a switch as most using trick have choice items and being stuck using trick over and over again is not good.

However, is there any possible lead that could make this strategy work? I had been thinking Swampert or other similar pokemon that does not have to rely on another item much more like focus sash.

Also, what worries do I have to watch out for when using an Aerodactyl lead? Typical set-up. Focus in Atk/speed, stealth rock, etc.

I don't even know if you can bring mail on a pokemon into battle, but it does prevent tricks so i know that is true.

Any slow lead it could work on, but tbh it doesn't really seem like a solid strategy since frail leads want a focus sash and bulky leads want something like lefties so they don't die from just getting attacked over and over.

There isn't much to watch out for when using Aero leads, since the only OU lead that outspeeds you is Ninjask who is made useless by Taunt, and Electrode can 2hko you at least unless it uses Taunt first in which case you just switch out. The only problem is that later in game you don't have anything to come back and absorb hits or attack really since its a suicide lead.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    When Aero is leading you need to watch out for ScarfRachi who can flinch hax you to death to stop Rocks, also H-Pump or Surf + A-Jet Lead Poleon. U-Turn Gliscor can be a pain in the ass too if it goes straight to something like Scizor when you Taunt.

JOSHIKINZ_94

The crusader
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    hey guys, back again and needing some help with a lead raticate set. here it is :

raticate @ flame orb
    guts ability
    252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
    protect
    facade
    crunch
    u-turn

basically i protect first turn to scout and get the burn up, activating guts. the i either switch with u-turn or i deal some decent damage with facade. crunch is really there for ghosts who would other wise wall this set.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I would put Sucker Punch over Crunchso you can suicide out if need be also is a Psuedo priority move.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Protect kinda sucks too imo. You dont really need it to activate guts as it wastes a coverage slot.

Use what Gamer said and Flame Wheel >> Protect or Registeel and Steelix pretty much poop all over you, Flame Wheel at least lets you do something to them it also lets you not be an inferior Swellow. Even in NU there is junk like Magneton etc which it hits.

Years
    What does/could/would/woodchuck a physical Hypno set look like?

I'm asking as I have a Drowzee egg hatch with Psycho Cut & Assist (for Drowzee; don't want Assist Hypno, yet)...

If I breed a Male Dratini that knows Extreme Speed, and Flame Thrower with a female charizard will I get a charmander with all of the moves listed as Dratini's moves?

Also how can I get Charmander counter?

^No. Charmander would get Flamthrower. Flamethrower and Dragon Dance possibly.

Counter Charmander needs Counter Rhyhorn

Field Group > Field/Monster Group > Charmander family

also known as, for an example...

Smeargle >Rhyhorn > Charmander

OR for better result, and without Smeargle...

Counter Hitmonchan > female Lucario > raise Counter Riolu > Rhyhorn > Charmander

Last edited:

Spike Kintarin

Don't run! It's just ham!
    Years
    Okay, sorry for being all "n00b-y" and such, and if I post this in the wrong place, please forgive me... ⌐⌐;

Okay, I've got a team on SS that I'm working on, and, so far, my movesets aren't the best (to my knowledge).

Typhlosion
    Ampharos
    Staryu (eventually Starmie once I get hydro pump... unless told otherwise)
    Togetic (eventually Togekiss)
    Umbreon

I know I've only got five, but I've been having trouble finding that "perfect" fit for the last slot, so I have a Dragonite from my Platinum version I was going to transfer. Not sure yet.

So, anyone have any decent ideas on movesets for these five? I can post more information if it helps.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Okay, sorry for being all "n00b-y" and such, and if I post this in the wrong place, please forgive me... ⌐⌐;

Okay, I've got a team on SS that I'm working on, and, so far, my movesets aren't the best (to my knowledge).

Typhlosion
    Ampharos
    Staryu (eventually Starmie once I get hydro pump... unless told otherwise)
    Togetic (eventually Togekiss)
    Umbreon

I know I've only got five, but I've been having trouble finding that "perfect" fit for the last slot, so I have a Dragonite from my Platinum version I was going to transfer. Not sure yet.

So, anyone have any decent ideas on movesets for these five? I can post more information if it helps.

If its in game pretty much anything works. If its not idk what to put for the last spot, maybe like a Heracross for a physical sweeper.

On Starmie, Surf is just as good as H-Pump imo, since H-Pumps accuracy is awful, but thats just me.

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
    Years
    I have a Starmie that is Timid and EVS: 172 HP / 216 Spd / 120 SAtk .
    It's HP is Grass 61.
    Moveset is:
    Rapid Spin
    Surf
    Thunderbolt
    Recover

I read in the threats list that the meta-game has changed from rapid spinner to specstar. However, should I get grass knot or HP grass, or just stay as a rapid spinner?
    Thanks

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I have a Starmie that is Timid and EVS: 172 HP / 216 Spd / 120 SAtk .
    It's HP is Grass 61.
    Moveset is:
    Rapid Spin
    Surf
    Thunderbolt
    Recover

I read in the threats list that the meta-game has changed from rapid spinner to specstar. However, should I get grass knot or HP grass, or just stay as a rapid spinner?
    Thanks

I dont like that set anymore tbh, Pursuit bait (sup im Scizor) and the general "this is not D/P anymore". That and DD LO Gyarados OHKO's it lol so it cant even counter Gyarados reliably.

If you are using that set, use max special attack and speed and slap a Life Orb on it. That ensures you nail the #1 Rapid Spin blockers aka the Rotom formes and also smash Scizor and Tar (consider H-Pump) too so they cant Pursuit you. Ice Beam works > Spin too with the LO, its just a matter of what you want it to do.

Or use this if you want a bulky Starmie that still works.

Starmie@Leftovers
    252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Speed
    Timid Nature
    Trait : Natural Cure
    - Surf
    - Reflect
    - Recover
    - Rapid Spin

Reliable Rapid Spinner and a great team supporter.

Spike Kintarin

Don't run! It's just ham!
    Years

If its in game pretty much anything works. If its not idk what to put for the last spot, maybe like a Heracross for a physical sweeper.

On Starmie, Surf is just as good as H-Pump imo, since H-Pumps accuracy is awful, but thats just me.

Yeah, I've currently got Surf on Starmie. Its current moveset is: Swift, Surf, Recover, Camouflage. It's nothing particularly exciting, but its been working for a while.

Last edited:
    Years
    Two questions, both about toxic spikes:

1. Does Gengar absorb toxic spikes?

2. Can toxic spikes and regular spikes be set up at the same time? If so, how about all three entry hazards (spikes, toxic, stealth rock)?

EDIT: Why did I put poison...

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    #1: No, only grounded poison-types absorb Toxic Spikes, meaning that those that are immune to ground-type moves like Crobat and Gengar, be it by typing or ability, are unable to absorb the toxic spikes unless Gravity is in effect (since Gravity in essence cancels out any ground-type immunity).

#2: Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock can be up at the same time, with a maximum of 3, 2, and one layer respectively, meaning that upon switching in, any grounded-non-poison/steel-type pokemon would recieve (25%+(6,25 OR 12,5%)+ 3 to 50%) depending on how weak that pokemon would be to rock-type attacks.

In other words, the max entry hazard damage tops out at 87,5% damage from switching in, assuming that it is a grounded (3 layers of spikes = 25%) 4x rock weak poke (usual damage from sr is 12,5%, which is doubled if it is rock weak, which yet again is doubled if it has a quadruple weakness to rock = 50%) that switches into one layer of toxic spikes = (one layer of toxic spikes inflict normal poison, two layers of t-spikes inflict toxic poison = 12,5%/6,25%) Stall is hence rather deadly.

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    1. No. Because it has levitate

2. All three can be on the field at the same time. So yes

Lo~li~Pop

◕‿‿◕ Happy Smiles! ◕‿‿◕
    Years
    A Good Moveset for my Growlithe, but Their is a Problem...

Okay I have an Adamant Growlithe and the moveset that I wanted to do was:
    Flare Blitz
    ExtremeSpeed
    Thunder Fang
    Iron Head

But here is the problem, my Growlithe didn't have Flare Blitz as an egg move.

So here is one question: If I wait till Growlithe turns 48 to learn Flare Blitz and then evolve him, can I go to the Move Tutor and teach him ExteremSpeed as well as Thunder Fang, or is that impossible?

I do have a plan B if I can't learn ExtremeSpeed, but I would like to hear your guys opion about what move I should replace it with.

The reason why I want to wait for Flare Blitz is because I think that Flare Blitz is the more important move because of STAB. Tell me what you guys think about that, please. ^3^

Well thank you for answering and reading.

Oh and I did check on the forums about this topic and what I found, didn't really help.

Years
    #1: No, only grounded poison-types absorb Toxic Spikes, meaning that those that are immune to ground-type moves like Crobat and Gengar, be it by typing or ability, are unable to absorb the toxic spikes unless Gravity is in effect (since Gravity in essence cancels out any ground-type immunity).

#2: Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock can be up at the same time, with a maximum of 3, 2, and one layer respectively, meaning that upon switching in, any grounded-non-poison/steel-type pokemon would recieve (25%+(6,25 OR 12,5%)+ 3 to 50%) depending on how weak that pokemon would be to rock-type attacks.

In other words, the max entry hazard damage tops out at 87,5% damage from switching in, assuming that it is a grounded (3 layers of spikes = 25%) 4x rock weak poke (usual damage from sr is 12,5%, which is doubled if it is rock weak, which yet again is doubled if it has a quadruple weakness to rock = 50%) that switches into one layer of toxic spikes = (one layer of toxic spikes inflict normal poison, two layers of t-spikes inflict toxic poison = 12,5%/6,25%) Stall is hence rather deadly.

Thanks.

Yep, I'm trying to think of a good stall team, but I'm sure it's obvious by now I've never made one before.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    @ Lol (ugh annoying name that I can't be bothered to write correctly) :
    It all comes down to how many heart scales you have. The ratio is 1 scale = 1 move relearned, so there is no such thing as a "limit" to how many times you can make a poke remember a move, barring the number of scales in your possession. As far as I know, one way to find these is by using Rock Smash on rocks. I know for a fact that you might get it from the rocks in the Ruins of Alph, though it is likely that other places will give these as well. Also, wild Luvdisc might also carry Heart Scales, so if you know where to find those you could couple it up with a Banette or something in order to see if it is holding something or not.

Back on topic w/ Growlithe, you could probably breed it with an Espeon, Morning Sun >> Iron Head would probably help out a fair bit too in order to recover from Flare Blitz recoil.

Back