• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    @ Peeky Chew: Bug-types are not necessarily limited to Pinsir in UU, and bug-type moves would certainly do a fair share to both of your "special" walls. Scyther would be a menace to both of your special walls with a +2 X-Scissor or tech Bug Bite, though E-speed on Arcanine should prevent that from doing too much if you have SR up. (and what are those SpA ev's doing on Arcanine if you have no special moves AND a special attack reducing nature? Get rid of those.)

Specs Venomoth (however odd it might sound) could also do a number to your team considering tinted lens, as a +1 modest Bug Buzz 2hko's both of your special walls (with a max of 75% to Slowking assuming 252/252 and a +sdef nature), as well as Arcanine, and with SR up, (which I assume it will be, since toise must have a reason to spin after all) it 2hko's toise as well. (and it will outspeed Arcanine if you don't E-speed it with your ev's)
    Also, don't forget that bug-type moves not necessarily means bug-type attacks, as stuff like Rhyperior and Nidoking gets Megahorn, STAB EQ, and in Nidokings case Thunderbolt, which might show up and ruin your day if it hides behind a sub as you switch.

I would replace Blastoise with this;

Azumarill @ Leftovers (Please write this in one singular word, you're making me mad by looking at it)
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Huge Power
    EV's: 244 HP | 248 Attack | 16 Speed
    ~ Aqua Jet
    ~ Return
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk

This way you can easily kill the aforementioned bug-types as well as Nidoking and Rhyperior with A-jet. It also gives you a way to absorb status, as Slowking and Umbreon really hate toxic unless the latter run Heal Bell. Then, I'd add something like a Donphan as a spinner, with the following set:

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 52 HP | 252 Atk | 160 Def | 44 Speed
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Assurance
    ~ Earthquake
    (Credit D_A for the Sub idea, not me)

This way, you'll not only prevent being crippled by WoW, but you'll also be able to wall a standard walling Rotom as long as you are behind a sub, as the only attacking move that ghost carry is discharge. You'll also make other spin blockers like Mismag, Tomb, and Froslass think twice about switching in, as Assurance should 2hko both Mismag and Froslass, and Tomb would absolutely hate both being outsped and eating two EQ's from Donphan.

Continuing the pattern, (since we now have a fantastic spinner) we need effectively a spin blocker and something to set up SR/Spikes. Since Omastar can rather decently set up both, it seems like a good choice for a lead if you want to use it (and it also gives you a normal/flying resist that prevents Swellow from wrecking stuff), and since Rotom can switch into any attack aimed at it as far as I know, it would be a good choice for a spin blocker. Since you with Azu already have a sleep talker, you might as well run pain split on Rotom, making the potential sets look like this;

Omastar @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Shell Armor
    EV's: 252 HP | 176 Def | 80 SpD
    ~ Surf
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Ice Beam/Protect

As a lead, this has one singular goal, to set up SR and Spikes. Surf is there to damage stuff like Moltres and Froslass, and will do a number to other SR leads like Steelix and Rhyperior, barring Uxie. Protect allows you to scout what Ambipom and Zam will do to you, and allows you to act accordingly, as well as protect you from random Hippopotas yawns, while Ice Beam grants you more coverage. Your choice.

Rotom @ Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 252 HP | 196 Def | 60 Speed
    ~ Pain Split
    ~ Will-o-Wisp
    ~ Discharge
    ~ Substitute/Shadow Ball

Whether you run S-ball or Sub in the last slot is your choice, sub prevents if from taking too much pursuit damage, while S-ball prevents it from being walled by ground-types abusing sub. This set kills off several physical threats including Scyther, and serves as a potential Swellow-back up check just in case. Since this puts kinda a lot of cram on Umbreon with another thing it has to support with Wish, I would add Morning Sun >> Thunder Fang on Arcanine in order to give it some extended longevity (and heal up FB recoil too), and have Intimidate > Flash Fire in order to make it even better as a physical wall. Since it might be useful to wake up Azu early for it to counter specific stuff, and to give your team another way to deal with status, you could run Heal Bell > Toxic on Umbreon.

Your revamped team should then look a little like this:

SR/Spikes lead Omastar
    Morning Sun Arcanine
    Resttalk Azumarill
    Sub Donphan
    Wish + Heal Bell Umbreon
    PSplit Rotom

ugh, why did I do this? -.-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Working on an OU team, and I'm not really sure where to go from here.
    Started with a Starmie since I like it and wanted a Rapid Spinner. Looked at the Smogon page for some counters, checked those counter's counters, and came up with Swampert. Blissey's in there to wall special attacks, counter Focus Blast Gengar(?), and provide Wish support if anything on my team needs it.
    Want to use this in a small league on an unrelated forum, and there's a limit of 3 of the same item, so I can't use any more Leftover-ers.

Need some help on what to add next, and if these sets are practical. Haven't battled competitively before, save a few battles with friends composed of fairly unorganized pokemon(sets from Smogon, mostly) on the Smogon battle thing.

Spoiler:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years

Umbreon@Left Overs
    Sassy (+SpD -Spe)
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252SpD
    Toxic
    Wish
    Protect
    Payback

Standard set, no need to explain it.

I just wanted to give you a little piece of advice. There is always a need to explain your choice of pokémon. It doesn't matter if it's the most used pokémon in competitive gameplay, people need to know why you chose that particular pokémon. You could be using Gyarados or Salamence – both great pokémon – but they are of no use if it's not the right pokémon for your team.

Sorry if that didn't quite make sense, but all I'm trying to say is that there is always a need to explain your choice of pokémon and choice of set.

jirachis_best_friend

Aura Hunter
    Years
    Ehto... where to start? I have a few questions with regards to a Pokemon team. I've just started raising a team in my HG and I have a few questions. I've got a Scyther-to-be-Scizor on the way, and I'm thinking of raising a Tentacruel as well. They are as follows:

Scizor
    Jolly/ChoiceBand/Technician
    Iron Head
    U-Turn
    Brick Break
    ????? (Thinking of Night Slash)

Tentacruel
    Calm/LiquidOoze/Leftovers
    Toxic Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    SludgeBomb
    Surf

I'm no too sure of what to add. I want another wall to add in and I was thinking Metagross. I also have 2 Special Lucario Sweepers in Pearl and Platinum respectively and an Arcanine Band Sweeper as well. But that's to much sweeping. If they get outrun they're down for the count. Not to mention they're all ground weak... I need my team of Arcanine and Lucario to have something to defend them in my Platinum as well as something to back up my Tentacruel/Scizor combo. Any ideas?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Use Adamant on Scizor and Bullet Punch >> Iron Suck. Tech Bullet Punch is THE only reason to use it basically lol.

Last slot you want Pursuit or Quick Attack. Pursuit is preferable though.

jirachis_best_friend

Aura Hunter
    Years
    Grass type sets

I'm making up a mainly UU (although OU/BL/UU would be fine too) Grass-type team. I've gotten suggestions for Tangrowth Leafeon and I'm wondering what kind of Ludicolo would be good, a Sub-Seeder with Rain Dance/Dish or a Sweeper/Lead Seeder with Swift Swim/Rain Dance. Leafeon I want to be a Swords Dance passer and Tangrowth I'm not too sure of. Any other suggestions for my team? I'm not going to use ubers or legendaries (Mainly because they're Celebi and Shaymin, which I don't have) but any suggestions for EVs/Movesets or even just team memebr suggestions'll be fine ^^;; Thanks or your help~!

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
    k, so, here's a pokemon I'm sure there's a lot of requests on:

Lopunny
    Lv. 60
    Hasty/Cute Charm
    Wide Lens

Magic Coat
    Dizzy Punch
    Toxic
    Bounce

Now, I like Toxic and Dizzy Punch, and Bounce comes in handy, but, I dont know what to do in regards to Magic Coat. It seems kind of pointless in this set. What I want, is, something that will help/hinder stats to compliment the others. Safeguard isnt teachable, so....

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    On a Jolly Sharpedo is it a better idea to do Life Orb or Focus Sash? I'm not worried about him not getting in a move since his speed is great and i know that i can't even sneeze in his direction without him dying so to life orb why the hell not, but focus sash is a nice security blanket. then again, sashes are easily broken..

jirachis_best_friend

Aura Hunter
    Years
    On a Jolly Sharpedo is it a better idea to do Life Orb or Focus Sash? I'm not worried about him not getting in a move since his speed is great and i know that i can't even sneeze in his direction without him dying so to life orb why the hell not, but focus sash is a nice security blanket. then again, sashes are easily broken..

Sharpedo is a hard hitter, isn't it? If that's the case then maybe you should go for Focus Sash. That way you can manage two hits on a Pokemon. Life orb doesn't exactly double a pokemon's power so getting two hits may be better than one where a OHKO isn't guarenteed.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    k, so, here's a pokemon I'm sure there's a lot of requests on:

Lopunny
    Lv. 60
    Hasty/Cute Charm
    Wide Lens

Magic Coat
    Dizzy Punch
    Toxic
    Bounce

Now, I like Toxic and Dizzy Punch, and Bounce comes in handy, but, I dont know what to do in regards to Magic Coat. It seems kind of pointless in this set. What I want, is, something that will help/hinder stats to compliment the others. Safeguard isnt teachable, so....

Well, if its In-Game it doesn't really matter just level it up. If its for the tower or competitively then Cute Charm is kinda unreliable, Switcheroo + Klutz (its alt ability) would be better.

Lopunny @ Choice Scarf/Lagging Tail
    Ability: Klutz
    Jolly Nature
    252HP/4SpD/252Spe
    -Switcheroo
    -Toxic
    -Magic Coat/Charm
    -Fire Punch/Return/Healing Wish

The basic idea is to trick the Scarf or Tail onto the enemy preferably a wall of some kind and then use Toxic and the rest of your moves at your discression, this is nice because no matter what item you get back, you don't get any negative effects of them.

Thats Lopunny's only real use outside of Baton Passing.

You could use it as a CBer as well.

Lopunny @ Choice Band
    Ability: Cute Charm
    252Atk/252Spe/4SpD
    -Return
    -Switcheroo
    -Focus Punch/Low Kick
    -Fire Punch/Ice Punch

Use the Choice Band as much as you need to, and if a certain wall is giving you trouble, use Switcheroo to cripple it.

If its not a Lead Sharpedo, give it a Life Orb, its going to die from just about any attack anyway, and hazzards are common.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Lopunny is a better baton passer imo

Lopunny@Liechi Berry / Petaya Berry
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    Trait : Cute Charm
    ~ Return
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Encore
    ~ Agility / Substitute

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    Um... It's been awhile since i've done some breeding, and I can't figure out how to breed down Iron Head, Head Smash (yes I know I have to have HGSS for this) , and Dragon rush? (on aron) I have a male aron with body slam already, but thats it, I can't pass down the other moves...

Sorry for the below posts, my computer said to refresh the page, and I did, but it wacked out and posted 3 times...sorry...

Years
    Um... It's been awhile since i've done some breeding, and I can't figure out how to breed down Iron Head, Head Smash (yes I know I have to have HGSS for this) , and Dragon rush? (on aron) I have a male aron with body slam already, but thats it, I can't pass down the other moves...

Sorry for the below posts, my computer said to refresh the page, and I did, but it wacked out and posted 3 times...sorry...

Aron/Aggron: Head Smash, Dragon Rush, Iron Head = IMPOSSIBLE
    Aron/Aggron: Head Smash, Iron Head = POSSIBLE, Smeargle Head Smash onto Nidoran female's "Nidoran male" babies for convenience
    Aron/Aggron: Dragon Rush, Iron Head = POSSIBLE, use Dragon Rush Rhyhorn (Smeargle is easier)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Doubles Battle Duo Idea

I wanted to get my Jirachi from the event today so I thought of a quick little strategy for a duo with him since I want him to be more a doubles battler. I oviously want to know what I'm using him for before I get him to make sure I have the right stats and everything so I came for your advice.

Jirachi - Relaxed/Sassy

Thunder Wave
    Zen Headbutt
    Iron Head
    Draco Meteor/Thunder/Cosmic Power/Wish

Hold item- Kings Rock

Togekiss - Adamant

Thunder Wave/Sweet Kiss
    Air Slsh
    Roost
    Wish/Protect/Follow Me

Hold Item - Leftovers

I'm going for a paralyze flinch combo with these two and hope to really take out almost any team with the insanely high flinch rate of Jirachi and the still high one of Togekiss combined with paralysis. Whether or not I go with Thunder Wave or Sweet Kiss on Togekiss will decide whether confusion is added into the mix too or not. Anyway please give me advice and thoughts on this combo.

Last edited:

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
    Rate My Raichu

I just evolved my event pichu to a raichu so please rate it's move set.

Raichu lvl.33
    Iron Tail
    Light Screen
    Volt Tackle
    Thunder Bolt

tell me what you think of it.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    Just asking, how is smeargle easier to breed with an aggron?! They aren't in the same egg groups.

I just got the moveset sketched onto smeargle, and it can't even have eggs with the whole aron evo. line! ugh

Spike Kintarin

Don't run! It's just ham!
    Years
    Okay, so I've decided to construct a slightly different Team... with one extra (just for my own enjoyment. X3)

Typhlosion
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Lax
    Eruption
    Focus Blast
    Flamethrower
    Rollout

Venusaur
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nature: Quirky
    Leech Seed
    Toxic
    Power Whip
    _____ (need a fourth here... not sure)

Swampert
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Bashful
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Surf

Ampharos
    Ability: Static
    Nature: Bashful
    Signal Beam
    Charge
    Discharge
    Focus Blast

Umbreon
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Brave
    Confuse Ray
    Shadow Ball
    Payback
    Iron Tail

Dragonite
    (Unkown yet... working on getting it trained and such)

And my other:

Mewtwo
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Lax
    Thunder (was thinking of switching to Th Bolt for Accuracy)
    Ice Beam
    Aura Sphere
    Shadow Ball (Maybe switch to Calm Mind?)

Anyways, that's my Team (+1 for fun)... I'm lost on the whole EV training thing, and don't really know where/how/when to do that. And as far as items... what should I put on them?

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    If I breed a Male Pichu that knows Volt Tackle with a Ditto, will every Pichu offspring know Volt Tackle?

I want to breed to make an EV & IVed full evolution team, for fun.

Back