• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Hey,
    Been breeding, Eving, the lot, finally got me a good Ralts xD
    Why?
    So it can become a Gallade, and be THE ULTIMATE CATCHER!
    I've EVed 252 in Attack and Speed, and 4 in HP, so all Maxed out!
    My moveset is:
    False Swipe
    Mean Look
    Hypnosis

My question is, what other move?!
    I need a Physical Attack, so that it's benefited by my Attack Bonus.
    But what move?
    Feedback much appreciated! :)
    Thanks,
    Joseph Duffy
    I don't know why you'd use that set. Use this.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

Gallade @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Stone Edge/Ice Punch

That's one of the best sets for Gallade. Shadow Sneak gives priority, and with Close Combat, gives complete coverage. Ice Punch or Stone Edge relly helps with Flying Types.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I prefer using Spikes Offense as the main theme for NU teams that I use, and it works quite well. Usually I build around a core of Anti-Lead Glalie/Skuntank/Primeape. What offensive trio can work well with this combination? (preferably an offensive spinblocker like Haunter involved).

jirachis_best_friend

Aura Hunter
    Years
    Uh, does anyone here know of IV training? I need tips on mastering IV training so I can get my Hidden Powers to be right.. I read the guide on Serebii but it just confused me more @3@ Anyone know a way to simplify it? Any tips or hints? I understand the equattions for figuring out the types slightly but I don't understand how to get the correct IVs for the equations to work out to the right HP type...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Iv training doesn't exist. Only EV training does. Iv's are given randomly when you catch/meet/hatch the Pokemon. There is no way to guarantee the hidden powers unless you RNG abuse unless you breed.

@Skippy, get a Stealth Rock user and put in Haunter and something which all of its common counters are worn down by Spikes/SR. See : Relicanth etc.

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Ok so I kinda get Egg move breeding and kinda don't :c

So I want to get a Mankey with Encore Info_Here But I have an Adult with Encore Male so do I need to breed it with a Female Mankey or Primape?

Thanks for helping ^^

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Ok so I kinda get Egg move breeding and kinda don't :c

So I want to get a Mankey with Encore Info_Here But I have an Adult with Encore Male so do I need to breed it with a Female Mankey or Primape?

Thanks for helping ^^
    Encore for Mankey is a HGSS egg move. The easiest way to breed both of them is to breed a Female Mankey/Primeape with a Male Seel/Dewgong with Encore.

jirachis_best_friend

Aura Hunter
    Years
    Ohh, action replay. Ugh, yeah, I refuse to cheat. I only cheated once and that was for TMs and Master balls on my Emerald, even now I don;t do that. I have 11 Master balls by trading the leftovers from my GBA games. I guess I gotta do it the hard way =3= Thanks for the help ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    So I have 2 jirachi's I have not picked up yet from the event and I wanted to make one a flinch jirachi and the other some type of sweeper. How does this look.

Nature - Impish Item - Leftovers

Iv's (Something with good Attack + def/sp def/hp)

Ev's - 252(hp), 132(Def), 124(Sp.Def)

Moveset - Cosmic Power, Wish, Iron Head, Thunder Wave

My only question is if this was to be used in uber battles (single+double) will it have a problem using cosmic power before it dies in uber fights? If so i was thinking maybe switching it to Fire Punch, Zen Headbutt, or Psychic (+ Relaxed Nature if Psychic). I don't know if the substitute for Cosmic needs to be special to give it move coverage or not.

Any help + or advice?

"32 Spe with Impish on the support set gives considerable defenses on both sides, as well as giving 244 Speed, which outpaces Timid Magnezone and Jolly Tyranitar." - Smogon.com

Do I need to add that?

xforeverxmetalx

<insert clever title here>
    Years
    Mew moveset?

Looking for recommendations for a Mew. Obviously there's no one right answer to this, but I'm just looking for suggestions and your opinions as to why one move might be better than another.

Planning on making it mostly a defensive Mew, EVs with 252 on both defense and sp.def, 6 on HP.

I'm going to have Psychic and Metronome almost for sure, but the other two...?

Oh and this is for Firered, so no 4th generation moves.

oMikeL

Not very effective... :(
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    rate my battle tower team d/p

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
    4HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature

Outrage
    Earthquake
    Swords Dance
    Stone Edge

I can usually Swords Dance at least once before being in danger of being killed, and after a SD most pokemon will get OHKO'd by at least one of those attacks. Anytime I'm not sure I can OHKO a pokemon that knows any ice attack I switch to Starmie or Infernape depending on the opponent.

Starmie @ Life Orb
    4HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature

Surf
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic
    Ice Beam

I pretty much use Starmie for anything Garchomp can't do or after Garchomp gets killed. Pretty self-explanatory moveset.

Infernape @ Flame Plate
    4HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature

Close Combat
    Shadow Claw
    Flamethrower
    Flare Blitz

Usually use him last or vs. anything Starmie and Garchomp cant OHKO or 2HKO like Bronzong and the like.

I'm open to any changes because I'm still learning the deeper aspects of battling. Mainly I'm unsure about Infernape. I know there are better movesets, better items, probably better ev spreads and ultimately probably a better third pokemon to go with Starmie and Garchomp. But, again, I'm not against changing any pokemon or movesets.

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Is Dusclops (not Dusknoir) with the following moveset is legit?

-Seismic Toss
    -Night Shade
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Obviously it must be, Dusclops gets Night Shade by level up, and Seismic Toss as a Tutor move from FR/LG. Rest and Sleep Talk both are TM moves. So I guess it's legit.

jirachis_best_friend

Aura Hunter
    Years
    Hi, I was just wondering if this was any good or not:
    Suicune lvl 40
    Bold
    IVs:
    HP 6
    ATK 1
    DEF 28
    SpA 21
    SpD 8
    SPE 6
    It's my first time using an IV calculator... But I know it's a weak Rock-type HP x: IF it is ok can someone give me a moveset for it? I don't want to use a 'Crocune' moveset, though, because I'm not a fan of 'RestTalk'... and it has bad coverage x: At least, the one on Smogon did x:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Hi, I was just wondering if this was any good or not:
    Suicune lvl 40
    Bold
    IVs:
    HP 6
    ATK 1
    DEF 28
    SpA 21
    SpD 8
    SPE 6
    It's my first time using an IV calculator... But I know it's a weak Rock-type HP x: IF it is ok can someone give me a moveset for it? I don't want to use a 'Crocune' moveset, though, because I'm not a fan of 'RestTalk'... and it has bad coverage x: At least, the one on Smogon did x:

CroCune is old and archaic and bad anyway. Its like NP Azelf. But those IVs are pretty bad, its Speed should be higher and its HP should be as well. If you already saved then I guess you could do Offensive Cune. But Hidden Power [Rock] Doesn't really help alot.

Back