• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    I have a quick question that i want answered :P

If i have a Gallade use Sword Dance and increase it's attack, does he still have the attack boost if i switch him out and then switch him back in?

And i have the same question about Skill Swap.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Im confused with these 2 Mixmences Smogon got, which one is better ? and whats the different between Classic Mixmence and New Mixmence ?

and is Physically Bulky Mence worths using it ?

New MixMence is basically trying to take advantage of the addition of Outrage to its movepool, but both are still used for trying to break through walls. As for which is better, that's really more of an opinion question. I think Classic MixMence is still used more than the new one though.

It's worth using Physically Bulky Mence if it benefits your team, but his standard sets are used much more and are arguably more effective, since Mence doesn't usually play as a defensive pokemon.

Well what if Blaziken had a docile nature and Espeon a Gentle?

Then you're gonna want to use different natures unfortunately, since neither of those are really beneficial. Use the natures that are provided with those movesets.

I have a quick question that i want answered :P

If i have a Gallade use Sword Dance and increase it's attack, does he still have the attack boost if i switch him out and then switch him back in?

And i have the same question about Skill Swap.

No, you lose your boost if you switch him out. Same thing with Skill Swap.

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
  • Would a Registeel benefit my team? I figured the physical bulk would help out in taking hits.

I need an EV spread for this Celebi:

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Bold
    - Recover
    - Leech Seed
    - Energy Ball
    - Calm Mind

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Would a Registeel benefit my team? I figured the physical bulk would help out in taking hits.

I need an EV spread for this Celebi:

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Bold
    - Recover
    - Leech Seed
    - Energy Ball
    - Calm Mind
    Well Registeel does do pretty well as a physical wall in UU and it can setup rocks and provide paralysis support so it depends if your team needs it.

As for Celebi

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    EV : 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
    - Recover
    - Leech Seed / Reflect
    - Grass Knot
    - Thunder Wave

Something like that can work

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Could I use Energy Ball instead of Grass Knot to keep a consistent amount of damage?
    Well in general everything in OU is pretty heavy so usually you'll be doing more or equal to Energy Ball however it's still an option if you want to hit Vappy harder I guess =)

ShAdowWAlker1

wishes i could make a cool sig
    Years
  • lead lucario...

i made a team a little bit ago and im useing SDLuke as a lead. Its been workin great in the few battles ive done but want some opinions on it. im running:

Lucario @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Item: Focus Sash
    Nature: Jolly
    -Close Combat
    -Crunch
    -Extremespeed
    -Swords Dance

The focus sash has helped alot so far. Lets me get an SD in unless its broken by weather, only hail since TTar sand stream doesnt affect him, or fake out. if i expect fake out though i attack instead normaly since i wont flinch and still get some damage in.

So my tests so far ive been able to get in an SD or 2 then luke has generally taken out 1-3 pokes. pretty good id say.

so what are your opinions? should i switch anything up?

thanks for your time

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Could I use Energy Ball instead of Grass Knot to keep a consistent amount of damage?
    You lose a few KOs like you can't 2HKO max HP Tyranitar. :[ Like Pokedra said you will probably hit Vaporeon harder. Vaporeon isn't 2HKO'd by Energy Ball, so it could stall you out with Wish + Protect if it wanted to.

i made a team a little bit ago and im useing SDLuke as a lead. Its been workin great in the few battles ive done but want some opinions on it. im running:

Lucario @ Focus Sash
    -Close Combat
    -Crunch
    -Extremespeed
    -Swords Dance

The focus sash has helped alot so far. Lets me get an SD in unless its broken by weather, only hail since TTar sand stream doesnt affect him, or fake out. if i expect fake out though i attack instead normaly since i wont flinch and still get some damage in.

So my tests so far ive been able to get in an SD or 2 then luke has generally taken out 1-3 pokes. pretty good id say.

thanks for your time
    You have a low chance of sweeping since a lot of teams will have priority, but just watch out for Infernape, Hippowdon, Gliscor, etc.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • i made a team a little bit ago and im useing SDLuke as a lead. Its been workin great in the few battles ive done but want some opinions on it. im running:

Lucario @ Focus Sash
    -Close Combat
    -Crunch
    -Extremespeed
    -Swords Dance

thanks for your time

Most teams carry SD Luke Check or Counter, so even if you do manage to get a kill, you're most likely not going to get anymore. SD Luke is much better off sweeping late game, where he's been proven to be very effective.

Leading Lucario in general is a pretty bad idea, I'd go for something different.

ShAdowWAlker1

Years
  • im noy really trying to sweep with him though. his job is to hopefully prevent SR from bein set and just try to weaken the opponents team a bit. its still been working great though so ill test it some more before looking for something else. and while most teams have a counter they dont expect him that early so he can get an SD and deal some good damage to his counter before goin down, generaly its been enough that another team member can taske it out easily

the team i have has a record of 9-1 right now too so its doin better then i thought. ill make an RMT for it later

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    im noy really trying to sweep with him though. his job is to hopefully prevent SR from bein set and just try to weaken the opponents team a bit. its still been working great though so ill test it some more before looking for something else. and while most teams have a counter they dont expect him that early so he can get an SD and deal some good damage to his counter before goin down, generaly its been enough that another team member can taske it out easily

the team i have has a record of 9-1 right now too so its doin better then i thought. ill make an RMT for it later
    You're better off preventing SR with Azelf or Aerodactyl, and since you don't intend of sweeping with Lucario. Lucario will SD while they SR, or he'll attack and most likely majority of the leads today would survive a hit with either Sash or bulk, and at least get SR up without you being able to SD and sweep.

ShAdowWAlker1

Years
  • if they do get SR up though it doesnt bother me too much as most of the team resists it pretty well. so thats only his secondary job to try preventing it. his main task is to hopefully weaken the opponent a bit to help make my late game sweepers job easier

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
  • thinmking of making a staller gyara and straying away from the usual dd set, want it to be a physical wall with the help of intimidate..probaly gonna need help with the moveset and ev's alot.

gyarados @ leftovers
    impish
    252 hp/252 def/ 6 att
    ~taunt
    ~toxic
    ~rest/roar
    ~waterfall

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Just use the standard rest talker.

Gyarados@Leftovers
    248 HP / 252 DEF / 8 SPD
    Impish
    - Roar / Avalanche / Stone Edge / Toxic
    - Waterfall
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Odd hp evs round down SR damage. Second slot is up to you, Roar lets you PHaze whisle sleeping, Avalanche allows you to become a DD Mence counter and so does Stone Edge, but that hits other Gyarados and Toxic is just Toxic.

HappyEmoKid

DRAGON POKEMON FTW!!!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    Im going to get soulsilver and my future team is:

TYPHLOSION
    GYRADOS
    PIDGEOT
    AMPHAROS
    BLISSEY/LUGIA
    DRAGONITE

please give me some good natures+movesets for them please =D
    and please say which is better to have Lugia or the Blissey?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Im going to get soulsilver and my future team is:

TYPHLOSION
    GYRADOS
    PIDGEOT
    AMPHAROS
    BLISSEY/LUGIA
    DRAGONITE

please give me some good natures+movesets for them please =D
    and please say which is better to have Lugia or the Blissey?

We'd basically be building your team for you, which is very counter-productive. A lot of it is up to you and how you want to use those particular pokemon. =(

It would be more efficient if you added the movesets first. Check out Smogon for some ideas: https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

HappyEmoKid

DRAGON POKEMON FTW!!!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    We'd basically be building your team for you, which is very counter-productive. A lot of it is up to you and how you want to use those particular pokemon. =(

It would be more efficient if you added the movesets first. Check out
    Smogon for some ideas: https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

okay here it goes:

TYPHLOSION (Nature=Lonely)
    MOVESET: Eruption, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Flamethrower.

GYRADOS (Nature=Adamant/Careful)
    MOVESET: Dragon Dance, Rain Dance, Ice Fang, Aqua Tail

PIDGEOT(Nature=Adamant)
    MOVESET: Fly, Mirror Move, Tailwind, U-Turn

AMPHAROS(Nature=Modest)
    MOVESET: Discharge, Light Screen, Power Gem, Signal Beam

DRAGONITE(Nature=Lonely)
    MOVESET: Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Aqua Tail, Fire Punch
    LUGIA(Nature=Not Sure)
    MOVESET:Aeroblast,Recover,????,????

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • okay here it goes:

TYPHLOSION (Nature=Lonely)
    MOVESET: Eruption, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Flamethrower.

GYRADOS (Nature=Adamant/Careful)
    MOVESET: Dragon Dance, Rain Dance, Ice Fang, Aqua Tail

PIDGEOT(Nature=Adamant)
    MOVESET: Fly, Mirror Move, Tailwind, U-Turn

AMPHAROS(Nature=Modest)
    MOVESET: Discharge, Light Screen, Power Gem, Signal Beam

DRAGONITE(Nature=Lonely)
    MOVESET: Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Aqua Tail, Fire Punch
    LUGIA(Nature=Not Sure)
    MOVESET:Aeroblast,Recover,????,????

In-game teams don't really matter, since the Pokemon AI is not that bright (IMO). Heck, go out and catch a Ratatta and a Pidgey and beat the game with just those two pokemon.

On another side note, with the new HG/SS movesets coming out, it has inspired me to make another Sunny Day team, with a Sunflora revenge killer (LOL). I just need help with the moveset.

Sunflora @ Choice Specs
    Solar Power
    Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
    8 HP, 248 Spe, 252 SpA
    - Earth Power
    - Solar Beam/Leaf Storm
    - Hidden Power (Rock/electric/ice)
    - *insert random move here*

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Solar Beam is more effective than Leaf Storm. Hidden Power Fire should be there so it can use the power of the sunlight. Sludge Bomb can be used on the last slot but it gives bad coverage and Hidden Power Fire already hits grasses harder than Sludge Bomb, theres Sleep Talk . you're asking why? because if Sunflora was put on sleep on the switch, it can use Sleep Talk to attack while asleep. though the 3 attacks above still gives enough coverage so no worries.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • hi im usin this shaymin on my UU shoddy team

shaymin@????? (dang cant remember)
    modest
    252atk/252spe/6hp
    e-power
    s-flare
    synthesis
    aromatherapy

please rate
    and one more thing, why do you keep closing the original thread not tellin me where da new 1 is and overall, why do you hav to make anouther that is in no way improved?

Back