• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Team / Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentWing

クロバット
    Years
    Hey, I have a somewhat odd request. I need a set of 3 (three) Pokemon for a 3-on-3 match.

Requirements:
    -------------
    <> Team MUST have a shiny, beautiful Golden-Silver Metagross as its star player.
    <> Team MUST have at least one DRAGON-type Pokemon.
    <> Team needs to be able to cream Battle Tower pros.

Sounds good? Then go forth my enlightened friends, and make me a team that will be "T3H WIN!"

Years
    I'm a newbie here...

where can i get a trainer's card just like almost everyone here have??thank you...nwei is swalot good enough for a spot on my starting team??what move's should swalot learn to be great...??thanks everyone for the help...

ZaChAttAck101

Rukario's Biggest Fan!
    Years
    Hey is it possible that you can create me a team?? if its not much, i would like:

Weavile(F)w/ scope lens
    trait- N/A
    NAture=adamant or naughty
    EV trained with High HP, ATk, and SPD and balanced DEF SP.DEF
    MoveSet
    Night slash
    metal claw
    swords dance
    shadow claw

Metagross
    Nature=ADamant
    EV trained ATK HP DEF and SP.DEF other stats balanced
    Moveset
    Meteor mash
    thunderpunch
    earthquake
    agility

Swampert(m) w/shell bell
    Nature=HArdy
    EV trained HP SP.DEF and other stats balanced
    Moveset
    Hydro Pump
    Earthquake
    Surf
    Hammer Arm

Infernape(f)
    Nature= Lonely
    EV trained ATK HP SP. ATK SPD and Balanced DEF SP.DEF
    Moveset
    close combat
    sky uppercut
    flame thrower
    blast burn

Espeon (f) w/ leftovers
    NAture= Rash or modest
    EV trained HP SP. ATK and SPD...Other Stats Balanced please
    Moveset
    Wish
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Light Screen
    Feel free to wild out on them...just dont hack them please because im really looking forward to this team...It doesnt matter who does it as long as i get the pokemon..

ZaChAttAck101

Rukario's Biggest Fan!
    Years
    so this thread isnt for trainers to help raise the pokemon you request and then give to you once they are done training them??

Source2007

Devoted Breeder
    Years
    can i get a team. no legendaries. pkmn can be ou. (preferably ou)

i want a baton passer, a special sponge, a tank, 1-2 physical sweepers, 1-2 special sweepers.

thanks in advance

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    can i get a team. no legendaries. pkmn can be ou. (preferably ou)

i want a baton passer, a special sponge, a tank, 1-2 physical sweepers, 1-2 special sweepers.

thanks in advance

I can't really build a team, but I can give some advice:

I've always found Scizor to be one of the best Baton Passers, besides the cheap Sub-Ninjask.

Scizor
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Special Defense, 6 Defense
    - Agility
    - Baton Pass
    - Swords Dance
    - Iron Defense/Silver Wind

Special Sponge... can't go wrong with Blissey.

Blissey
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Special Defense
    - Softboiled
    - Aromatherapy/Heal Bell
    - Seismic Toss/Counter
    - Ice Beam/Counter

Tank (I assume you mean Physical Wall)... Skarmory fits the bill nice. But so does Steelix. Anyways, for Skarmory:

Skarmory
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 192 Defense, 64 Attack
    - Drill Peck/Aerial Ace/Steel Wing
    - Spikes/Stealth Rock (I think it can learn SR)
    - Roar/Whirlwind
    - Rest/Roost

Steelix doesn't do quite as well, but is still an option:

Steelix
    Impish Nature OR Adamant (with such a huge base Defense stat, it couldn't hurt to have a bit more attack points)
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Special Defense, 6 Attack
    - Stealth Rock/Toxic
    - Roar/Protect
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge/Explosion

Physical Sweeper... I use a Metagross myself, but Garchomp seems pretty popular. I'll give you the scoop on Metagross:

Metagross
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Attack, 152 HP, 104 Speed
    - Meteor Mash
    - Thunder Punch/Explosion
    - Agility/Explosion (explosion if you use Choice Band or the likes)
    - Earthquake

And I'll list one decent Special Sweeper... the notorious Gengar:

Gengar
    Timid Nature OR Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 wherever, preferably HP
    - Shadow Ball/Psychic
    - Thunderbolt
    - Energy Ball/Psychic (if you don't fear Swampert)
    - Hypnosis

Now you do have a fairly large Fire weakness, which is why I'd suggest someone like Milotic or Swampert to cover the other's butt.

Years
    Its pointless having two steel walls so remove one. (i'd say skarmory if you want to be interesting)
    Milotic @lefties
    Bold/Modest
    -Hydro Pump/surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Calm Mind/Thunderbolt
    -Rest/Recover

Keep in mind i don't have DP yet so this is a RSE set but it is fully compatable team for DP.
    TBolt is good if you want a boltbeam combo but calm mind is to deal with blisseys
    Rest is better because milotic gains a 1.5 boost in defence (now base 118) when it has a status effect.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I was giving two options for a defensive wall... didn't say to use both of them.

And:

Milotic @lefties
    Bold/Modest
    -Hydro Pump/surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Calm Mind/Thunderbolt
    -Rest/Recover

Nah... Hydro Pump is a bad move in general. Surf's accuracy more than makes up for its slight lack in power. And a Modest nature is a no go; Milotic has good Special Attack, but she really isn't sweeping anyone. She works best as a wall, and you also want to take advantage of its trait (Rest doesn't work, unless you have Sleep Talk... what's the point in a Defense boost if you can't attack?). Besides, it's silly to use Rest when you have perfectly good access to a better recovery move (unless, of course, you have Aromatherapy/Heal Bell support) Here's the usual Milotic setup:

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 84 HP, 252 Defense, 12 Speed, 106 Sp.Atk, 56 Sp.Defense
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Hypnosis
    - Recover

Milotic suffers from the Blissey syndrom... it has great Special Defence in general, but give it Bold with maxed Defence EVs, and you have a dual tank capable of taking nearly ANY kind of hit.

Surf for STAB, Ice Beam is an all round good move, Recover is a given (although it's an egg move, if I remember), and Hypnosis is a great status move, but can be replaced with something like Mirror Coat, Light Screen, or even Toxic. Mily has the tanking abilities to use each one quite well. But if you ask me, I personally suggest Hypnosis.

Oh, and about Calm Mind for taking care of Blissey... that's just silly. There are some Pokemon that are never meant to attempt to beat Blissey at her own game. Leave that to the physical sweepers. But if it works for you, hell, use it! I don't suggest it, though. Much better moves to take that place.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Can I request a team?

Can I request a team,
    My team:
    Blastoise @ Mystic Water
    Modest Nature
    Attacks:
    -Surf
    -Rain Dance
    -Ice Beam
    -Hydro Pump

Tyranitar @ Quick Claw
    Rash Nature
    Attacks:
    -Crunch
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Hyper Beam

Zapdos @ Amulet Coin
    Brave Nature
    Attacks:
    -Fly
    -Drill Peck
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunder

Articuno @ Nevermeltice
    Bold Nature
    Attacks:
    -Fly
    -Mind Reader
    -Blizzard
    -Ice Beam

Dragonite @ Dragon Scale
    Docile Nature
    Attacks:
    -Wing Attack
    -Dragon Claw
    -Outrage
    -Hyper Beam

Raikou @ Chesto Berry
    Hasty Nature
    Attacks:
    -Spark
    -Crunch
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunder

~Rene~ :t136:

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Oi, we've got some work to do!
    My suggestions in BOLD, pun intended.

Can I request a team,
    My team:
    Blastoise @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Attacks:
    -Surf
    -Mirror Coat
    -Ice Beam
    -Counter

Blastoise makes a fantastic bulky water type, so Modest may not be the best way to go with him. Calm, I think, would work better. You got it right with Surf and Ice Beam, but the other two could be better filled, especially Hydro Pump. Hydro Pump sucks in general, but the basic rule of thumb is to never have two attacking moves of the same type. Surf does the job well enough! With Calm nature, and a truly great defense, he can pull off both Counter and Mirror Coat with aplomb for a good chance of an OHKO. Maybe replace one of them with Rest, to keep him alive.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Attacks:
    -Taunt
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Dance

I'm not too fond of TTar, but hey, it's your team. Adamant makes him hit harder, and Taunt is so you can Dragon Dance up without worrying about hazers like Weezing or pseudo-hazers like Skarmory.

Zapdos @ Leftovers or Peteya Berry
    Modest OR Rash Nature
    Attacks:
    -Agility
    -Drill Peck
    -Thunderbolt
    -Substitute

Zapdos is a legendary... and I hate legendaries. But this is what I say. Fly is a terrible move to use. It goes something like this: you Fly up, I switch to Skarmory, you use Fly, Skarmory doesn't even get dented. Drill Peck serves as a STAB Flying move (use a Rash nature if you want the full power), and Thunderbolt is a great STAB electric move. Zapdos is fast, but not too fast, so Agility will ensure he can outrun nearly everyone, and Substitute is a good all-round move. If you're lucky enough to get Hidden Power Ice, put that where Drill Peck is and go with a Modest nature.

Articuno @ Leftovers OR Chesto Berry
    Calm Nature
    Attacks:
    -Rest
    -Reflect
    -Toxic
    -Ice Beam

Eh, another legendary... oh well. Let me just say to NEVER use items that boost a single type of attack, like Twisted Spoon or Nevermeltice... they are, to say the least, worthless. Mind Reader is lol, because any intelligent opponent would switch at the very sight of it. Chesto berry for a free Rest, and Toxic is a good all-round annoyer move.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    Adamant OR Lonely OR Naughty Nature
    Attacks:
    -Aerial Ace
    -Earthquake
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dragon Dance

Dragon Dancer set... effective physical sweeper, and Dragonite can pull it off quite well. Oh, and never use Hyper Beam... terrible move, especially when un-STABed. Earthquake is obvious, because any flying type with Earthquake has pwnage written all over it. The Nature is up to preference... all boost Attack, all depends which stat you want lowered. If you want to use Thunderbolt truly effectively, don't go with Adamant.

Raikou @ Leftovers OR Salac Berry
    Rash Nature
    Attacks:
    -Reflect
    -Crunch
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunderbolt

Spark is bad... Thunder has low accuracy, so Thunderbolt is best. Calm Mind and Crunch are good with him. Reflect is a personal choice of mine, because with this moveset, Dugtrio is just begging to destroy him. Crunch is the only defense against Ground this dog has, and Reflect might allow you to get an extra turn or two for a KO. Many people go with Modest nature, but I say go with Rash, so you can get the full potential of Crunch, or else any Ground type can easily switch in and pwn you, or get a free turn while you switch.

Just my two cents. Now I need to rest my fingers from typing so damn much. :)

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Thanks for the advice, Richard Steel. And I gave some TMs to some Pokemons, but I am not sure how to breed Pokemon's attacks.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    You mean like Egg Moves?

It's a complex, but really quite simple operation:

Males pass on moves (TMs and other attacks outside move tutor's attaks), and the female dictates which Pokemon will hatch (ie, a female Pikachu bred with a male whatever will hatch a Pikachu).

So if you want an EggMove on a Poke, find a male that had the move that is able to be bred with the given Poke, and breed it with a female of the Poke you want. The result is a jacked up offspring.

Sometimes you gotta cross breed, though... and that's where it gets tricky.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    You mean like Egg Moves?

It's a complex, but really quite simple operation:

Males pass on moves (TMs and other attacks outside move tutor's attaks), and the female dictates which Pokemon will hatch (ie, a female Pikachu bred with a male whatever will hatch a Pikachu).

So if you want an EggMove on a Poke, find a male that had the move that is able to be bred with the given Poke, and breed it with a female of the Poke you want. The result is a jacked up offspring.

Sometimes you gotta cross breed, though... and that's where it gets tricky.
    Okay and where can I breed Pokemon's attacks? I am now in Four Island.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back