• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Team / Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    What would be a good special wall? but can hurt your oppponet a lot, I was thinking umbreon.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    What would be a good special wall? but can hurt your oppponet a lot, I was thinking umbreon.

Umbreon has tremendous SDef, but sadly HAS to invest its EVs into Def and HP for survival purposes. It can't really strike back hard...at all. If you want a special wall that can do that, I introduce to you snorlax.

Zungie

Professor Zee
    Years
    Best and most underused Water Wall - Wailord.
    I'm training one myself.
    The only problem is the laughable Def/Sp Def.
    But with a huge ammount of HP and Rest, you can easily make good use of it.
    EDIT: Plus it has a good attack stat.
    Give it Sheer Cold(not sure if it can learn it), or blizzard, and you have one brutal wall.

Spice Curry

"...For that, your game ends."
    Years
    Best and most underused Water Wall - Wailord.
    I'm training one myself.
    The only problem is the laughable Def/Sp Def.
    But with a huge ammount of HP and Rest, you can easily make good use of it.
    EDIT: Plus it has a good attack stat.
    Give it Sheer Cold(not sure if it can learn it), or blizzard, and you have one brutal wall.

Sheer Cold is failure on any Pokemon. OHKO moves like that with trashy accuracy are both cheap, haxxy, and require zero skill to utilize. People won't take you very seriously if you use moves like that :/
    Wailord's Attack stat is usable I suppose...but you'll need to use a Choice Band.

EDIT: Blizzard? 70% accuracy and 5 PP is kinda bad, unless you're running a Hail Team (and Wailord will be taking damage Hail it anyway, so...)
    And huge HP without decent defenses kind of hamper its walling capabilities. Huge HP + Rest means nothing if he dies as soon as he's hit.

Last edited:

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    Sheer Cold is failure on any Pokemon. OHKO moves like that with trashy accuracy are both cheap, haxxy, and require zero skill to utilize. People won't take you very seriously if you use moves like that :/
    Wailord's Attack stat is usable I suppose...but you'll need to use a Choice Band.

LOL Wailord Wall would TOTALLY suck.

One more thing: Is Physical Wall Magnezone worth giving a try? Here's what I came up with:
    Explosion
    Charge Beam
    Flash Cannon
    Thunder Wave

Eh...? Or should I stick with Skarm?

That description screams Latias. And Vaporeon.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Don't say things like that. Wailord has an AMAZING max HP. It can certainly wall some things with the correct EVs, nature, etc., as long as it's in the right hands. It's bnot like you'll be going up against gengar. and Latias is uber ;/

Zungie

Professor Zee
    Years
    LOL Wailord Wall would TOTALLY suck.
    Don't underestimate it.
    It's like a Wabbufet, the wrong person just makes it look crap.

EDIT: Blizzard? 70% accuracy and 5 PP is kinda bad, unless you're running a Hail Team (and Wailord will be taking damage Hail it anyway, so...)
    And huge HP without decent defenses kind of hamper its walling capabilities. Huge HP + Rest means nothing if he dies as soon as he's hit.
    Sheer Cold I admit isn't the greatest of moves.
    OK then, Ice Beam?
    Basically, good power and get's it's weakness' good.
    That's the only reason I mentioned the ice moves.

Don't say things like that. Wailord has an AMAZING max HP. It can certainly wall some things with the correct EVs, nature, etc., as long as it's in the right hands. It's bnot like you'll be going up against gengar. and Latias is uber ;/
    At last, someone who knows how handy the Lord of Whales is.
    And if I go against a Gengar, I cry.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I figured the Curse Set was more of a Wall. But I don't know..

Wailord @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
    Trait: Water Veil
    EV's: 92 HP / 164 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake / Waterfall
    - Avalanche / Body Slam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk. Sounds more.. Tankish. 0_o

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    Fine, but beware...Wailord will likely be OHKOed in the wrong hands.

Anyway, RM Moveset?

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Ok I don't really want ubers for my team^^" (until I make a uber team I will comeback for help lol) So I will half to go with snorlax, or wailord. Which is better, and can any of them learn toxic (is it a TM^^")

PlayaFritz

Takara Tomy Hater.
    Years
    How about the standard Steelix moveset?
    I'm running:
    -Stealthrock
    -Roar
    -Earthquake
    -Thunderfang

I really dont like Tfang, it hasnt helped me at all, but I'm just looking for the standard

^Also above, Regice isnt uber...My friend has one, and it's really good

Zungie

Professor Zee
    Years
    Ok I don't really want ubers for my team^^" (until I make a uber team I will comeback for help lol) So I will half to go with snorlax, or wailord. Which is better, and can any of them learn toxic (is it a TM^^")
    Both can learn toxic.

I figured the Curse Set was more of a Wall. But I don't know..

Wailord @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
    Trait: Water Veil
    EV's: 92 HP / 164 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake / Waterfall
    - Avalanche / Body Slam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk. Sounds more.. Tankish. 0_o
    I'd say the moveset above is pretty much right, I might steals it myself! :D
    Although I like the Water Spout, and with monster HP, it's effective alot of the time.

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Hello, is this a good Walrein moveset?

Walrein
    Leftovers
    Impish
    - Ice Fang
    - Hail
    - Rest
    - Snore

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Yes & I haven't decided on the rest of my team, have you got any suggestions?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back