• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersmashbro93

Game Lover
Years
  • whats a status absorber and how does it work... could get a moveset on a good one

whats wobbefets role on a team and to get rhyperior you have to trade rhydon right

Last edited:

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • A status absorber is a Pokémon you switch in predicted statusing moves- Hypnosis, Thunder Wave, Will-o-Wisp, etc- and that Pokémon must be able to deal with them.

An example of a defensive status absorber is Noctowl: it's immune to Hypnosis and variants due to his Insomnia trait, and doesn't really mind Thunder Wave or Will-o-Wisp. With Psycho Shift, it can transfer them to the opponent's Pokémon.

For an offensive example, we have Rest + Sleep Talk Machamp: Thunder Waves can be rested away, Sleep he wouldn't mind of course due to STalk, and Burn would just increase it's attack with Guts [or, if you're using No Guard, you could just Rest and remove it].

There are always Natural Cure Pokémon too: Starmie, Blissey, Altaria, etc. Their trait removes any status when they switch out.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Yay or nay?

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk / 216 Spd / 40 HP
    - Swords Dance
    - Ice Shard
    - Night Slash
    - Brick Break
    Gengar @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
    - Hypnosis
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Focus Blast
    Starmie @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    160 HP / 132 Sp.Atk / 216 Spd
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    - Surf
    Hariyama@Leftovers
    76 HP / 252 Def / 180 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Whirlwind
    - Force Palm
    - Stone Edge
    Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk
    - Earthquake
    - Aerial Ace
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roost
    Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252 Def / 216 Sp.Def / 40 Sp.Atk
    - Aromatherapy
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Softboiled

Am I supposed to be able to read that? Anyway, if you want a team rated, start your own thread.

hey guys, i just recieved a beauty of a chimchar in a trade, and i wanna utiliize its nasty IVs and naive nature. Im pretty much wondering if for the chim listed below, is there a better moveset than a standard mixape (include ev spreads and items)

Chimchar- Naive
    31/13/14/31/21/31

Aw, the lack of Atk really hurts. :(

THere's always fully physical/special sets, but Mixape really is the best.

whats a status absorber and how does it work... could get a moveset on a good one

whats wobbefets role on a team and to get rhyperior you have to trade rhydon right

Status absorbers absorb status and take little from it. RestTalkers can absorb status, since they can simply Rest it off.

Wobbuffet is like a revenge killer, except he doesn't need someone to die to get in. Revenge killing without the revenge, simply put.

Yes, if you trade Rhydon while it holds the Protector, it evolves to Rhyperior.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    whats a status absorber and how does it work... could get a moveset on a good one

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Careful
    Thick Fat
    252 HP, 252 SpD, 6 HP
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Body Slam
    Earthquake

Best status absorber since it doesn't need to switch out.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Kingdra@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.DEF
    Bold nature
    - Hidden power Electric / Dragon pulse / Toxic
    - Surf
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

On the topic of sleep absorbers, ive been using this as of late. Bulky Gyarados does 36% max after a DD EQ/SE. DD Life Orb Gyara has a good chance not to 2hko this. Mixape also cant ohko with a Nasty Plot Life Orb Grass Knot. The same Mixape will never 2hko this Kingdra with CC.

Ohko's and 2hkos Ape and gyara respectively. But if you already have a Gyara counter feel free to use D-Pulse or Toxic.

It only has one weakness and its respectable defenses allow it to switch into stuff to absorb sleep =D.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

IMtheMACHAMP

Im A POKEMON PHENOM
    Years
  • I have a team ive been thinkin about but i need help putting it together... i just need help gettin the actual pokes i need... i would like decent IVs and ill EV train... here is the list... if you can help just message me.. also tell me if you think team has potential.

Ninjask- Baton passer

Arcanine- Physical Sweep with spike/stealth rock support with roar... plus with flare blitz strong hard hits.. also fast with extreme speed.

Maybe Blissey

Machamp- MAIN physical sweeper... Dynamic punch with Ability no gaurd... stone edge... and maybe ice/thunder punches.

Skarmory- spikes, all that jaz.. Def wall

Starmie- Spec sweeper also maybe rapid spinner.. who knows... thunderbolt surf .. yeah

Just give me your opinion and if you can help make it happen.. thanks!

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Jolteon@Leftovers/Salac Berry/Petaya Berry
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Atk, 6 HP
    -Agility
    -Baton Pass
    -Substitute/Hidden Power Ice
    -Thunderbolt/Charge Beam

Can also pass Subs and the Charge Beam boost if you wish, otherwise HP Ice and Thunderbolt let her score some damage, Items should be obvious enough

As to where to get Salacs from, I got mine from the R/S Battle Tower using Thief, pretty much all the opponents have a pinch berry of some sort, don't know about D/P though.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Ive heard o fa new Blissey moveset with a Calm nature... would anyone mind telling me what it is?

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Blissey @ Leftovers
    252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
    Calm
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Flamethrower

If you want to use it on wi-fi, tough luck: Wish is an event-only move.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I can get a Wish Chansey that isnt the hard part but the problem is I have two different movesets for this guy now....

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Well, there's also the following set;

252 Def / 40 SpA / 216 SpD
    - Aromatherapy
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder Wave / Toxic
    - Softboiled

But I like Wishbliss better.
    Actually, I don't like Blissey at all.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Deviruchi, both of those movesets are horrible. Blissey without Seismic Toss? Absurd.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm
    252 Def/ 216 SDef/ 40 HP
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic/ Thunder Wave
    - Flamethrower/ Ice Beam/ Aromatherapy

Flamethrower with Toxic, Ice Beam with Thunder Wave, or Aromatherapy with either. Also, you can put those 40 HP EVs into SAtk.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Hey Im a male if your refering to me in this:

CMBliss, so I shouldn't even be giving out movesets for her.

read the upper corner of posts people

and Im liking the one by airconditioning better...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back