• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
Years
  • can someone give me a summary for this et that i came up with

arcanine@the choice scarf
    intimidate
    hasty nature/rash/mild
    spe 252/atk 128/spA 128
    overheat/fire blast/flamethrower
    dragonpulse
    ironhead
    extremespeed/crunch

overheat blast or thrower for stab.dragon pulse for dragons,iron head to held agains rocks
    extreme speed for finishing of weakend scarfchomp and crunch for gengar and maybe alakasm or dusknoir.good init

i think that white herb can be used on my set but swell

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Adaptability, the extra STAB is nice and you rarely switch your special sweeper in on pokes with high SpDef stats.

Ayouki Emerald

Leavin'
    Years
  • can someone give me a summary for this et that i came up with

intimidate
    hasty nature/rash/mild
    spe 252/atk 128/spA 128
    dragonpulse
    ironhead
    extremespeed/crunch

overheat blast or thrower for stab.dragon pulse for dragons,iron head to held agains rocks
    extreme speed for finishing of weakend scarfchomp and crunch for gengar and maybe alakasm or dusknoir.good init

I don't think Overheat would cut it... after -2 stages of SpAtk, it would become useless... unless WH is their instead of CS. Flamethrower is more reliable and can to massive damage than it already is. But I suggest Flare Blitz.

Change Dragon Pulse for THunder Fang. Anti-water, bulkies would either get a 2HKO by that.

Keep Iron head.

And for the Crunch vs. Extremespeed... Go for Crunch.

which is better and why on porygon-z???
    download or adaptibility?

Honestly, it depends. But I see more Adaptability-Z's out there than there is Download... Nasty plot Sweeper, Choice specs/Scarf, Sub Salac, MSweeper often have Adaptability as their trait.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    can someone give me a summary for this et that i came up with

intimidate
    hasty nature/rash/mild
    spe 252/atk 128/spA 128
    dragonpulse
    ironhead
    extremespeed/crunch

I refuse to take anybody who says "init" seriously

Bad EV spread, mixed arcanine wants 228Att/92SpAtt/188Spd to outrun tyranitar.

Iron head is moot, and arcanine has enough trouble with coverage as it is. Switch it for HP Grass or Electric for bulky waters. Grass if swampert bothers you, electric if gyara does. Mixed arcanine also wants two STAB moves to take on walls of both sides of the spectrum. Overheat for the first slot, with flare blitz over extreme Speed (Which can brought in over dragon pulse)

I don't think Overheat would cut it... after -2 stages of SpAtk, it would become useless...

Arcanine is a sweeper, and as such switches about a lot. Arcanine is also relatively lacking in coverage, so needs the big hits to cause significantly damage. Third, this is a mixed arcanine so has physical attacks to fall back on if it for some reason cannot switch out.

unless WH is their instead of CS. Flamethrower is more reliable and can to massive damage than it already is. But I suggest Flare Blitz.

Arcanine needs both flare blitz and overheat to run an effective mixed set.

Change Dragon Pulse for THunder Fang. Anti-water, bulkies would either get a 2HKO by that.

Almost every bulky water runs maximal defence, with swampert resisting it outright. HP Grass or electric work better to abuse the less bulked SpDef stat.

Keep Iron head.

Actually don't, for reasons mentioned above.

And for the Crunch vs. Extremespeed... Go for Crunch.

Actually don't, it doesn't contribute to the set at all.

Yeah...

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Sub Salac Porygon-Z? That sounds like a horrible idea. He gets Agility, and runs an excellent Choice Scarf set (where he needs as much coverage as he can get). Why not use one of those?

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • AC, the meta set I use is very bulky and can come to serve as a good platform against some special attacks later in the game. Lead Aero has a tough time dealing with that set, and Azelf's Fire Blast won't OHKO you either except for a critical hit. It also gives you some very useful priority that can be abused.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I've been using the following team on Shoddy for about a week, and it's been working out pretty well. I'd like to start building it in my Diamond game soon, but it still has plenty of flaws.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Pressure
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Fang
    - Earthquake

Kingdra @ Leftovers
    Sniper
    Adamant
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Waterfall
    - Substitute

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Calm
    252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Flamethrower
    - Toxic

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Thick Fat
    Careful
    168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD
    - Curse
    - Body Slam
    - Fire Punch
    - Selfdestruct

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    Bold
    252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
    - Roost
    - Thunderbolt
    - Heat Wave
    - Roar

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Technician
    Adamant
    32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - X-Scissor

The main problem is it's overall weakness to fighting. I think I should replace either Blissey or Snorlax with a Dusknoir or Gengar, and maybe replace the other with something else. Thoughts?

Years
  • switch snorlax to dusknoir/gengar as you already have a special wall and selfdestruct isnt exactly effective!evrything else looks good.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • I just restarted Pokemon Emerald, and I would really like to know you guys' opinions of what the absolute best team in Emerald is (based on knowledge and evidence of course). By this, I mean Pokemon that can be found natively in Emerald, so I won't have to use adapters to import any of the Pokemon.

I really appreciate it guys.

P.S: I haven't chosen a starter Pokemon yet, so please also feel free to mention the best one in your opinions.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I just restarted Pokemon Emerald, and I would really like to know you guys' opinions of what the absolute best team in Emerald is (based on knowledge and evidence of course). By this, I mean Pokemon that can be found natively in Emerald, so I won't have to use adapters to import any of the Pokemon.

I really appreciate it guys.

P.S: I haven't chosen a starter Pokemon yet, so please also feel free to mention the best one in your opinions.
    There is no "best team" in anything. There are a lot of things that go together well, and it's just how you use them that matters. :\ And it depends on what you want to use it for.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    If there was a best team, we'd all be using it. If you're playing in-game then anything is the best team. Just play through with the pokes you like, in-game play isn't difficult at all.

Years
  • I've been using the following team on Shoddy for about a week, and it's been working out pretty well. I'd like to start building it in my Diamond game soon, but it still has plenty of flaws.

The main problem is it's overall weakness to fighting. I think I should replace either Blissey or Snorlax with a Dusknoir or Gengar, and maybe replace the other with something else. Thoughts?

No, that'd create a bigger Tyranitar weakness. It can come in on half of your team and cause havoc.
    Maybe run Restalk Machamp over Curselax? Keep in mind that Blissey could only obtain Wish via an event, so you can't get it on Diamond.

Linux

Rich Boy
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2008
    I wanted to just use and Eevee without evolving it, since I am going to breed more. But anyway here is the move set I had thought up for my Eevee:
    Shadow Ball so it can combat Ghost Type, then Mimic So it could copy a fighting type move since I have no other attack strong against fighting, then
    Trump Card since it is a good powerful normal attack. Finally I was thinking about Facade.

Is my choice move set too spread out? Is there something you guys could suggest to me? I am not evolving this Eevee because like I said I am breeding others to evolve...I wanted to try and use just an Eevee.

thanks

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    No, that'd create a bigger Tyranitar weakness. It can come in on half of your team and cause havoc.
    Maybe run Restalk Machamp over Curselax? Keep in mind that Blissey could only obtain Wish via an event, so you can't get it on Diamond.
    Ok, so if I don't use WishBliss how bout running Machamp like you said in addition to Gengar/Dusknoir over Blissey?

Years
  • I wanted to just use and Eevee without evolving it, since I am going to breed more. But anyway here is the move set I had thought up for my Eevee:
    Shadow Ball so it can combat Ghost Type, then Mimic So it could copy a fighting type move since I have no other attack strong against fighting, then
    Trump Card since it is a good powerful normal attack. Finally I was thinking about Facade.

Is my choice move set too spread out? Is there something you guys could suggest to me? I am not evolving this Eevee because like I said I am breeding others to evolve...I wanted to try and use just an Eevee.

thanks
    First of all, even if you evolve an evee, the eveelution will still breed for evee eggs.
    Secondly, evees stats are terrible. It gets an incredible power-up from evolving. See this page here: https://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/evee
    I don't reccommend keeping Evee at all. Evolve it. It's way too weak.
    But that aside, Trump Card is a pathetic move. It powers up too slowly, by that time you would have been tottalled already. Even at that point, don't expect a sweep or anything, it's a one time super powered use.
    Another thing: Mimic is unrealiable. If you want to combat Fighting types, well, you can't.
    Evee's limited moveset means that it has to evolve to be of any use. I reccomend anything except for Flareon.
    Facade is nice attack, but you won't really know when you're gonna get stataused next, though. But still a nice STAB move.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
  • First of all, even if you evolve an evee, the eveelution will still breed for evee eggs.
    Secondly, evees stats are terrible. It gets an incredible power-up from evolving. See this page here: https://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/evee
    I don't reccommend keeping Evee at all. Evolve it. It's way too weak.
    But that aside, Trump Card is a pathetic move. It powers up too slowly, by that time you would have been tottalled already. Even at that point, don't expect a sweep or anything, it's a one time super powered use.
    Another thing: Mimic is unrealiable. If you want to combat Fighting types, well, you can't.
    Evee's limited moveset means that it has to evolve to be of any use. I reccomend anything except for Flareon.
    Facade is nice attack, but you won't really know when you're gonna get stataused next, though. But still a nice STAB move.

If he wants to use Eevee just help the guy out with a movepool, tell him not to use it competitively, and move on, yeah?

Eevee *Baton Passer?*@ Leftovers
    Adapability
    Jolly
    252 HP / 252 Sp Def
    - Baton Pass
    - Wish
    - Curse
    - Yawn/Return

Well, the ability is a nice one, but that's about the only piece of candy Eevee has for you.
    Curse for some much needed Atk & Def and Baton Pass it onto a much more stable team-member.
    Return will do some sort of damage after a Curse-up, coupled with its ability.
    Too bad getting a Curse and a Return in would be almost a miracle..
    Wish is there because it wants to be.

Someone.. anyone.. be my guest at coming up with a better set.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • If he wants to use Eevee just help the guy out with a movepool, tell him not to use it competitively, and move on, yeah?

Seeing as this is a forum for competitive Pokemon, it makes sense that he would give advice on how to use it competitively. So kindly leave this sort of remarks out of your post.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back