• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I've got an interesting question...

What happens if my opponent has a choice item, uses an attack (so they're theoretically stuck with it), then I get off mean look and torment?

I was actually curious about this as well, and smogon has the answer:

Smogon said:
    If the target is forced to select the same move twice in a row due to Choice Band, Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, Disable, Encore, Taunt, or not having any other moves with PP remaining, the target uses Struggle every other turn.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    ?_____?

But yeah, consider Stealth Rock and / or Counter too.

Haha Dark_Azelf, thought I might get a WTF reaction. :P I just thought I could try something a little different to Jirachi as I like Miltank. :) Thanks for the advice on the EVs and moves Pokedra, but I wanted to use the moves I had already and I didn't want speed EVs as it had T-Wave. You never know, it might turn out successful, (but I doubt it.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Thanks for all your guys's help. Unfortunately I have one more question lol:

If someone uses tspikes, and I have a crobat up, can I use roost to absorb the spikes? It seems that by removing the flying type it should...but I *think* I remember trying it and it didn't work. Not entirely sure though. So yeah, can I have my crobat use roost to absorb tspikes?

Years
    No, it can't. The only ways that Flying types or Levitators can be affected by Toxic Spikes are to be switched in while Gravity is active (not 100% sure; only about 30%), holding an Iron Ball, or Baton Passed in by a Pokemon that used Ingrain.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    No, it can't. The only ways that Flying types or Levitators can be affected by Toxic Spikes are to be switched in while Gravity is active (not 100% sure; only about 30%), holding an Iron Ball, or Baton Passed in by a Pokemon that used Ingrain.
    Ah okay, so the spikes can only be absorbed upon switching in. That makes sense. Thanks!!

Hana~

Now available in surround~
    Years
    I'm currently working on a UU team, and I need some Pokémon to complete my team.
    Here are my Pokémon as of yet:

Shaymin Land Forme (nickname Cyndy) @ Choice Specs
    Modest Nature /// EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 HP

Earth Power
    Seed Flare
    Grass Knot
    Psychic

Help, please?

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    Sorry If been asked.EV'S

I want to ev train all the pokes in my sig. I wana use the power items i.e. power anklet and such, does it reduce my speed in battle only or reduce my speed stat overall? I dont want to sacrifice my speed in the long run for another stat

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Questions of this nature are best in the simple q+a thread.

~Merges~

And no they will not decrease your overall speed stat, just in battles.

Years
    Need HELP - New Team

I need a completely new team, in case my old team becomes obsolete. If someone could please help me make a SUPERIOR team, I would love it. I don't care about quick battles, all I want is a winning team. If it could be based around my Suicune, I would love it:

Suicune @ Leftovers
    -Surf
    -Hidden Power [Electric]
    -Calm Mind
    -Roar / Rest

*If rest was used, I would use a Chesto berry instead of leftovers. Roar is for Skarmory, listed below:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    -Spikes
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roost
    -Brave Bird / Roar

*I might switch to roar, as it is more useful and deals no damage to Skarmory.

If you have any changes to the following pokemon tell me!

Years
    Two questions

#1: For SMEARGLE movesets, is METAL BURST a viable replacement for COUNTER?

#2*: How do the game mechanics surrounding ASSURANCE operate (requirements and such)?

*I'm stumped by the mention of previous damage as Stealth Rocks and such...

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I want to ev train all the pokes in my sig. I wana use the power items i.e. power anklet and such, does it reduce my speed in battle only or reduce my speed stat overall? I dont want to sacrifice my speed in the long run for another stat
    It only decreases it while you hold it, when you take it off it returns to normal speed and it doesn't affect overall speed at Lv100 =]

Years
    Two questions

#1: For SMEARGLE movesets, is METAL BURST a viable replacement for COUNTER?

#2*: How do the game mechanics surrounding ASSURANCE operate (requirements and such)?

*I'm stumped by the mention of previous damage as Stealth Rocks and such...

1. Counter definitely. Metal Burst does not have negative move priority meaning that you'll have to be slow and that's pretty much sacrificing the best stat Smeargle has.

2. Basically, if the target received damage on the same turn you use the move, usually by Life Orb, Spikes, or Recoil, the damage is doubled.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I need a completely new team, in case my old team becomes obsolete. If someone could please help me make a SUPERIOR team, I would love it. I don't care about quick battles, all I want is a winning team. If it could be based around my Suicune, I would love it:

Suicune @ Leftovers
    -Surf
    -Hidden Power [Electric]
    -Calm Mind
    -Roar / Rest

*If rest was used, I would use a Chesto berry instead of leftovers. Roar is for Skarmory, listed below:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    -Spikes
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roost
    -Brave Bird / Roar

*I might switch to roar, as it is more useful and deals no damage to Skarmory.

If you have any changes to the following pokemon tell me!

This doesnt warrant its own thread.

~Merges~

Evs, natures ?

No, Skarm needs both Whirlwind/Roar AND Brave Bird or you become set up fodder fast. Pick which spiking move you want.

As for cune it wants lefties ALWAYS, its also a little lack luster defensively in D/P/Pt, offensive cune fits in better with the fast paced playing style and it can actually hurt things but w/e. If you are using Rest i highly suggest Heal Bell/Aroma support with it or the metagame goes rofl free switch in. Even then thats not the best thing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    My team is incomplete... it currently has an Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, and a Garchomp. What Pokemon (or two) do you think I need? (I know ice pokemon is one of my main weaknesses)

Years
    How does this sound?

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Poison Heal
    252 Attack / 208 Speed / 50 HP
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute
    -Stone Edge
    -Facade

With this combo, Breeloom should get about 70 HP substitutes. Now, if by chance the opponent does not have any Flying, Poison, Fire, Psychic, or Ice moves Breeloom will get the full effect of this set. Hence, this pokemon should be switched out to a ground pokemon. The key is to use Substitute, Swords Dance, then go in for the Facade. With Breeloom's 80 Base Defense against a ground pokemon, it might get up to three Swords Dances before it has to go in for a Facade. This pokemon, to me, could make an excellent sweeper if planned right.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How does this sound?

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute
    -Stone Edge
    -Facade

With this combo, Breeloom should get about 70 HP substitutes. Now, if by chance the opponent does not have any Flying, Poison, Fire, Psychic, or Ice moves Breeloom will get the full effect of this set. Hence, this pokemon should be switched out to a ground pokemon. The key is to use Substitute, Swords Dance, then go in for the Facade. With Breeloom's 80 Base Defense against a ground pokemon, it might get up to three Swords Dances before it has to go in for a Facade. This pokemon, to me, could make an excellent sweeper if planned right.

No stab move, no spore ?___?

Honestly, nearly every steel type in the game uses you as set up fodder.

Drop Sub and put on Mach Punch and consider Spore >>Facade, also consider a Life Orb.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    How does this sound?

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute
    -Stone Edge
    -Facade

1) Nobody in their right mind would let you get 3 Swords Dances.
    2) Breloom's base 80 Defense doesn't mean jack when you consider his base 60 HP.
    3) Ice Beam is one of the most popular attacks in the game. Not to mention, Hippowdon may carry Ice Fang, Swampert may carry Ice Beam and Gliscor may have Ice Fang (or even worse Aerial Ace), which will hurt Breloom badly.
    4) WHY would you even think of using Breloom without Spore, or even a Fighting STAB? He sucks without one of them, and sucks ass without either of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back