• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    I posted this yesterday but it seems to have been overlooked but...

Is there a set out there for choice scarf adamant Arcanine? Also, should I take the time to train a hardy Horsea? Its IVs are perfect for special sets, except its nature is a major letdown. Also, should I teach my Lucario HP Ice? It's power is only 62.

(Yes, I copy/pasted)

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    I posted this yesterday but it seems to have been overlooked but...

Is there a set out there for choice scarf adamant Arcanine? Also, should I take the time to train a hardy Horsea? Its IVs are perfect for special sets, except its nature is a major letdown. Also, should I teach my Lucario HP Ice? It's power is only 62.

(Yes, I copy/pasted)

wouldnt bother training horsea and wouldnt teach hp ice
    arcanine@choice scarf
    intimidate
    modest
    252sp.atk/252spe/4hp
    ~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    ~ Dragon Pulse
    ~ Hidden Power Grass / ExtremeSpeed
    ~ Overheat / ExtremeSpeed

there you go

reecestevenson

Shadows
    Years
    Water pokemon needed for my team.

My team so far is:
    Butterfree
    Pikachu
    umbreon
    Arcanine

Any help on a water pokemon that would go well with that team would be appreciated.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    My team so far is:
    Butterfree
    Pikachu
    umbreon
    Arcanine

Any help on a water pokemon that would go well with that team would be appreciated.
    First of all, never ever use Butterfree if you want to win, really SR weak, crap speed andin general crap stats. Don't use Pikachu either, it's cute and all but it's a cliche that rarely works =(

Something like Swampert would work fine as a lead for you as well as being a good switch-in for Arcanine.

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Nature : Relaxed
    EV : 240 HP / 212 Def / 52 SpAtk
    -Stealth Rock
    -Ice Beam
    -Earthquake
    -Roar

^ Gets the rocks up and is a great switch-in for Arcanine in most cases. You could try this over Butterfree. You could also replace Pikachu with something like SpecsJolteon I guess if you still want an Electric Pokemon :]

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
    Nature : Timid
    EV : 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball
    -HP Grass / HP Ice
    -Baton Pass

You could try this over Pikachu, Pikachu and Butterfree just don't work well in the current metagame, sorry =P

reecestevenson

Shadows
    Years
    New Team!! :D

ok now i've gotten rid of my butterfree and pikachu.
    so im left with:
    Umbreon: Nature: Quiet. EV's: Help! I don't know what these are. Moveset: Faint Attack, Quick attack, Last resort and Moonlight.
    Arcanine: Nature: Naive. Moveset: Takedown, Extremespeed, flamethrower, fireblast.

I like you idea of a Swampert Pokedra but I dont Have Ruby or Sapphire so I can't really get a Swampert so I was thinking maybe a:

poliwrath,
    kingler,
    seadra,
    slowking.

I need to pick out of these water type pokemon.
    Thankyou :D

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    ok now i've gotten rid of my butterfree and pikachu.
    so im left with:
    Umbreon: Nature: Quiet. EV's: Help! I don't know what these are. Moveset: Faint Attack, Quick attack, Last resort and Moonlight.
    Arcanine: Nature: Naive. Moveset: Takedown, Extremespeed, flamethrower, fireblast.

I like you idea of a Swampert Pokedra but I dont Have Ruby or Sapphire so I can't really get a Swampert so I was thinking maybe a:

poliwrath,
    kingler,
    seadra,
    slowking.

I need to pick out of these water type pokemon.
    Thankyou :D
    That's good to know =)

Well you could try Kingdra instead of Swampert is you can't get him I suppose.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
    Nature : Adamant
    EV ; 252 Atk / 24 SpAtk / 232 Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Waterfall
    -Hydro Pump

For EV's, try these guides and read all of them. They'll really help you.

That Umberon is horrible, sorry. It's meant for tanking and supporting not attacking. You probably want something like this.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Nature : Impish
    EV : 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    -Wish
    -Mean Look
    -Baton Pass
    -Payback / Taunt

^Wish support and passes Mean Look which can be really helpful =]

That Arcanine set needs work as well, you probably want CBArcanine

Arcanine @ Choice Band
    Nature : Adamant / Jolly
    EV : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extremespeed
    -Thunder Fang
    -Iron Head / Overheat

Hope that helps ^.~

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    That's good to know =)

Well you could try Kingdra instead of Swampert is you can't get him I suppose.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
    Nature : Adamant
    EV ; 252 Atk / 24 SpAtk / 232 Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Waterfall
    -Hydro Pump

For EV's, try these guides and read all of them. They'll really help you.

That Umberon is horrible, sorry. It's meant for tanking and supporting not attacking. You probably want something like this.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Nature : Impish
    EV : 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    -Wish
    -Mean Look
    -Baton Pass
    -Payback / Taunt

^Wish support and passes Mean Look which can be really helpful =]

That Arcanine set needs work as well, you probably want CBArcanine

Arcanine @ Choice Band
    EV : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extremespeed
    -Thunder Fang
    -Iron Head / Overheat

Hope that helps ^.~

Maybe Kingdra might be hard for you as you need Dragon Scale to evolve Seadra , the destructuve and easy to get water pokemon is Gyarados :

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    -Waterfall / Aqua Tail
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge / Ice Fang

after 1 DD , Gyarados will wreak havoc . just beware of Jolteon as it Wipes out Gyara with Thunderbolt >.<

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    I finished EV training my Swampert, I got a effort ribbon so I know it worked (I think)..just need to level him up now (My first Proper EV Pokemon)

As im re-doing my team..I dont know what Pokes I should have on my team, but im going to keep my previous team just for in game and have EV pokemon for in game and WiFi.

I was thiking of having a Pidgeot in my team as my Staraptor hasent been EV train so I guess it wont be good for WiFi.
    Or does anyone know another good flying type pokemon I should have on my team..suggestions please.

This is my Staraptor stats, I know its maxed out with Speed and Attack as I tried giving him Vitemins.

Staraptor Lv 50
    Nature: Adamant
    HP - 163
    Att - 151
    Def - 93
    Sp. At - 62
    Sp. De - 67
    Speed - 127

So I guess this wont be any help on WiFi so thats what im thinking of getting another flying type so please give suggestions on flying pokemon/nature/movesets..even Pidegot... Please bare in my mind I have used some TMs like Roost/U-Trun on Staraptor so I will have to get them again from a trade or so.. Thanks

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Hey guys i have a rather strange request for movesets this time. Me and my friend live quite a distance away and whenever we get together again we have a good old few battles with the squads we have been training up until that point. So far im am heavily in the lead having only ever lost once in about the 10 battles we have had so i thought i'd add more of a twist this time to make things more of a challenge. I asked my girlfriend who has little to no knowledge as far as competitive teams are concerned to pick my whole team based on ones she likes the look of etc.
    She picked as follows:

Wiggletuff
    Cherrim
    Milotic
    Gallade or Gardevoir (my preference depending on what would be more of an asset to the team)
    Umbreon
    Weavile

As you can guess i was very happy when she chose the last four in the team but i see Wiggletuff and especially Cherrim to be a bit of a challenge in a 1 on 1 battle as i have heard that Cherrim sucks and wiggletuffs stats arent anything amazing.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest some movesets for any of the above and more importantly for both Cherrim and wiggletuff. I see one moveset on Smogon for Cherrim...isnt there any more that would be viable.

Oh and just to help we dont really have any restrictions as far as tiers are concerned apart from we won't be using ubers.

Thanks guys

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Hey guys i have a rather strange request for movesets this time. Me and my friend live quite a distance away and whenever we get together again we have a good old few battles with the squads we have been training up until that point. So far im am heavily in the lead having only ever lost once in about the 10 battles we have had so i thought i'd add more of a twist this time to make things more of a challenge. I asked my girlfriend who has little to no knowledge as far as competitive teams are concerned to pick my whole team based on ones she likes the look of etc.
    She picked as follows:

Wiggletuff
    Cherrim
    Milotic
    Gallade or Gardevoir (my preference depending on what would be more of an asset to the team)
    Umbreon
    Weavile

As you can guess i was very happy when she chose the last four in the team but i see Wiggletuff and especially Cherrim to be a bit of a challenge in a 1 on 1 battle as i have heard that Cherrim sucks and wiggletuffs stats arent anything amazing.

Which is why you manipulate her and let here know that they suck, find another pokemon that she might find "adorable" and then tell her to use that instead. xD That's what I do. ;P

I was wondering if anyone could suggest some movesets for any of the above and more importantly for both Cherrim and wiggletuff. I see one moveset on Smogon for Cherrim...isnt there any more that would be viable.

Oh and just to help we dont really have any restrictions as far as tiers are concerned apart from we won't be using ubers.

Thanks guys

Wigglytuff@Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Trait: Cute Charm
    EVs: 32 HP / 224 Def / 252 SpD
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Reflect / Light Screen
    ~ Seismic Toss / Protect
    ~ Wish

A supporting Wigglytuff is pretty nice...I guess. Clefable outclasses it if you ask me. But anyway, this thing should be able to take a few hits and get SR up, then your choice of a screen. Seismic Toss provides a good set damage. Wish can be used in combination with Protect for a free heal, or the wish can just be passed to another separate pokemon.

Cherrim@Heat Rock
    Nature: Modest
    Trait: Flower Gift
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
    ~ Sunny Day
    ~ Protect / GrassWhistle
    ~ Energy Ball / SolarBeam
    ~ Hidden Power Fire

Cherrim (as you stated) can't really do much and this is possibly her best set. She has a terrible movepool and the only thing that attracts anyone to her (aside from her adorableness) is her Flower Gift ability which boosts SpA/SpD (I think...) while the sun is up. So the basic idea is to get Sunny Day up and then try your best to do something with her. xD

Milotic@Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpA
    ~ Hypnosis
    ~ Recover
    ~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam / Hidden Power Electric

Can help with the rest of your team by providing sleep while also being able to take hits and hit back moderately hard with STAB Surf. Then you get your choice of either Ice Beam or HP [Electric]. Recover will help her stay alive twice as long.

Gallade@Life Orb
    Trait: Steadfast
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Ice Punch / Stone Edge
    ~ Psycho Cut / Night Slash

Swords Dance and then start to attempt a sweep. Just be careful with the SD, as you'll probably need to switch into something that you will force a switch on, then use the move as they switch.

Umbreon@Leftovers/Chople Berry
    Nature: Careful
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpD / 164 Spe
    ~ Mean Look
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Wish
    ~ Taunt / Yawn / Protect / Toxic

Mean Look to lock in pokemon, paired with a Baton Pass can mean devastating results for the opponent. Wish can either be passed or used to help Umbreon survive for longer (wow...you've got a lot of wish support on this team. xD Seems like it'll be lasting a while out on the field). Taunt will stop anyone from setting up, Yawn will PROBABLY force a switch, Protect can be paired with Wish for the free heal, and Toxic could be used as your only option of damage as the opponent is trapped by the ML.

Weavile@Choice Band
    Nature: Jolly
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Ice Shard
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Ice Punch / Night Slash

Weavile is murdered so easily now with those STABed Bullet Punches running around, but we'll have to do. Just make sure that any steels on the opponents team are out before you put this thing in. It functions as a revenge killer anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Pursuit if you know that the enemy will be switching out, and the rest are for STAB/coverage.

gee2k8

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Wigglytuff@Leftovers
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Reflect / Light Screen
    ~ Seismic Toss / Protect
    ~ Wish

A supporting Wigglytuff is pretty nice...I guess. Clefable outclasses it if you ask me. But anyway, this thing should be able to take a few hits and get SR up, then your choice of a screen. Seismic Toss provides a good set damage. Wish can be used in combination with Protect for a free heal, or the wish can just be passed to another separate pokemon.

Cherrim@Heat Rock
    ~ Sunny Day
    ~ Protect / GrassWhistle
    ~ Hidden Power Fire

Cherrim (as you stated) can't really do much and this is possibly her best set. She has a terrible movepool and the only thing that attracts anyone to her (aside from her adorableness) is her Flower Gift ability which boosts SpA/SpD (I think...) while the sun is up. So the basic idea is to get Sunny Day up and then try your best to do something with her. xD

Milotic@Leftovers
    ~ Hypnosis
    ~ Recover
    ~ Surf

Can help with the rest of your team by providing sleep while also being able to take hits and hit back moderately hard with STAB Surf. Then you get your choice of either Ice Beam or HP [Electric]. Recover will help her stay alive twice as long.

Gallade@Life Orb
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Ice Punch / Stone Edge

Swords Dance and then start to attempt a sweep. Just be careful with the SD, as you'll probably need to switch into something that you will force a switch on, then use the move as they switch.

~ Mean Look
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Wish

Mean Look to lock in pokemon, paired with a Baton Pass can mean devastating results for the opponent. Wish can either be passed or used to help Umbreon survive for longer (wow...you've got a lot of wish support on this team. xD Seems like it'll be lasting a while out on the field). Taunt will stop anyone from setting up, Yawn will PROBABLY force a switch, Protect can be paired with Wish for the free heal, and Toxic could be used as your only option of damage as the opponent is trapped by the ML.

Weavile@Choice Band
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Ice Shard
    ~ Brick Break

Weavile is murdered so easily now with those STABed Bullet Punches running around, but we'll have to do. Just make sure that any steels on the opponents team are out before you put this thing in. It functions as a revenge killer anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Pursuit if you know that the enemy will be switching out, and the rest are for STAB/coverage.

Thanks for a very detailed and quick response!

Is it more beneficial to have wiggletuff as male or female due to cute charm?

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Wigglytuff@Leftovers
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Reflect / Light Screen
    ~ Seismic Toss / Protect
    ~ Wish

Cherrim@Heat Rock
    ~ Sunny Day
    ~ Protect / GrassWhistle
    ~ Hidden Power Fire

Milotic@Leftovers
    ~ Hypnosis
    ~ Recover
    ~ Surf

Gallade@Life Orb
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Ice Punch / Stone Edge

~ Mean Look
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Wish

Weavile@Choice Band
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Ice Shard
    ~ Brick Break

Weavile is murdered so easily now with those STABed Bullet Punches running around, but we'll have to do. Just make sure that any steels on the opponents team are out before you put this thing in. It functions as a revenge killer anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Pursuit if you know that the enemy will be switching out, and
    the rest are for STAB/coverage.
    sunny day on cherrim will weaken milotics surf, i only use sunnyday or rain dance on teams that are built around those moves

Thanks for a very detailed and quick response!

Is it more beneficial to have wiggletuff as male or female due to cute charm?

It doesnt matter

.Aero

Years
    sunny day on cherrim will weaken milotics surf, i only use sunnyday or rain dance on teams that are built around those moves

I realize that, it's just Cherrim can't do anything else. Weakening Milotic's Surf is actually minor compared to the damage Sunny Day could cause to the team. You didn't even bother to suggest a different set for Cherrim either, which just helps me solidify the fact that Cherrim isn't versatile at all.

Now that I think of it as well, Umbreon might benefit from Moonlight because of the sun. But Sand Streamers will just ruin that, and Wish is more reliable than it. Choose which you like.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I was able to get a Chimchar with a Rash nature. I know that Naive or Hasty is preferred for a Mixed set, but Rash is acceptable to me. I'm planning on running a special based mixed set with some changed EVs (since there is a Special Attack boost instead of a Speed boost). I was wondering how this would look.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Rash Nature
    240 Spe/ 76 Atk/ 192 Spa

Nasty Plot/Stone Edge
    Close Combat
    Fire Blast
    Grass Knot

I doubt that the Chimchar has a Hidden Power Ice, so I'm planning on running either Nasty Plot to up Grass Knot's and Fire Blast's power, or Stone Edge to hit Salamence and Gyarados with.

gee2k8

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Thanks for the help so far.

Im abit confused on this maybe someone can help me...

Wigglytuff@Leftovers
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Reflect / Light Screen
    ~ Seismic Toss / Protect
    ~ Wish

Why only 32hp evs and higher def and spd? i thought hp negates all kinds of damage where as spd and def only negate it depending on which attack is used.
    Im still relatively new ;)

.Aero

Years
    Thanks for the help so far.

Im abit confused on this maybe someone can help me...

Wigglytuff@Leftovers
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Reflect / Light Screen
    ~ Seismic Toss / Protect
    ~ Wish

Why only 32hp evs and higher def and spd? i thought hp negates all kinds of damage where as spd and def only negate it depending on which attack is used.
    Im still relatively new ;)

Most people are the same way about Blissey. She has amazingly high HP, so you really don't need to invest in it. Same goes for Wigglytuff, she has pretty high HP, so you really don't need to invest into its already high HP.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    Sorry for posting again but seems got overlooked..and I really want to carry on with my game lol

I finished EV training my Swampert, I got a effort ribbon so I know it worked (I think)..just need to level him up now (My first Proper EV Pokemon)

As im re-doing my team..I dont know what Pokes I should have on my team, but im going to keep my previous team just for in game and have EV pokemon for in game and WiFi.

I was thinking of having a Pidgeot in my team as my Staraptor hasent been EV train so I guess it wont be good for WiFi.
    Or does anyone know another good flying type pokemon I should have on my team..suggestions please.

This is my Staraptor stats, I know its maxed out with Speed and Attack as I tried giving him Vitemins.

Staraptor Lv 50
    HP - 163
    Att - 151
    Def - 93
    Sp. At - 62
    Sp. De - 67
    Speed - 127

So I guess this wont be any help on WiFi so thats what im thinking of getting another flying type so please give suggestions on flying pokemon..togekiss?Skarmory? a Dragon pokemon..?? I dont know lol.../nature/movesets..even Pidegot... Please bare in my mind I have used some TMs like Roost/U-Trun on Staraptor so I will have to get them again from a trade or so.. Thanks

.Aero

Years
    Sorry for posting again but seems got overlooked..and I really want to carry on with my game lol

I was thinking of having a Pidgeot in my team as my Staraptor hasent been EV train so I guess it wont be good for WiFi.

Staraptor Lv 50
    HP - 163
    Att - 151
    Def - 93
    Sp. At - 62
    Sp. De - 67
    Speed - 127

So I guess this wont be any help on WiFi so thats what im thinking of getting another flying type so please give suggestions on flying pokemon..togekiss?Skarmory? a Dragon pokemon..?? I dont know lol.../nature/movesets..even Pidegot... Please bare in my mind I have used some TMs like Roost/U-Trun on Staraptor so I will have to get them again from a trade or so.. Thanks

It'd be easier to suggest a flying type if you showed us the rest of your team. So far we only know of Swampert...and we can't make much of a suggestion off of that. Each pokemon serves different roles which is why we need to see it. Do you need a wall? Do you need something that isn't SR weak? Ect, ect.

So basically we just need to see the rest of your team (planned sets as well, just stating a pokemon's name is no help as a good amount of pokemon have various capabilities).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back