• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    It'd be easier to suggest a flying type if you showed us the rest of your team. So far we only know of Swampert...and we can't make much of a suggestion off of that. Each pokemon serves different roles which is why we need to see it. Do you need a wall? Do you need something that isn't SR weak? Ect, ect.

So basically we just need to see the rest of your team (planned sets as well, just stating a pokemon's name is no help as a good amount of pokemon have various capabilities).

Well my team is/was
    Swampert the new EV one
    Staraptor - Need a new flying type as its not EV trained

The rest arent EV train so Im going to re do my team with different pokemon but here they are

Infernape
    Scizor
    Pikachu
    Lucario

So i had some balanced team that could take care of nearly everytype of pokemon.., I will keep my Staraptor but for in game but need a new team for in game and wifi as I explained so i do need a Flying / Fire / Electric...not sure about the other two type might think have a dragon.
    But at mo im concentrating on a flying type

Hope this has answerd your Question.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    A few Pokemon I'm considering for my Suspect team

Garchomp @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
    -Outrage
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

Manaphy @ Damp Rock
    Timid Nature
    4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    -Rain Dance
    -Rest
    -Surf
    -Energy Ball

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    -Stone Edge
    -Crunch
    -Pursuit
    -Aqua Tail

Latios @ Soul Dew
    Timid Nature
    4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    -Draco Meteor
    -Recover
    -Psycho Cut
    -Refresh

MMundy777

Aspiring Gym Leader
    Years
    I am currently building a fire team and am in the beginning of producing it...

i wish to not use legendary pokemon, but am in need of one more.

could you possibly suggest something??

my current team is

Blaziken
    Houndoom
    Magmotar
    Salamence
    Cherrim

thanks =]

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I am currently building a fire team and am in the beginning of producing it...

i wish to not use legendary pokemon, but am in need of one more.

could you possibly suggest something??

my current team is

Blaziken
    Houndoom
    Magmotar
    Salamence
    Cherrim

thanks =]
    what are the EVs , Nature , Movesets , Etc of your team ?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Well my team is/was
    Swampert the new EV one

The rest arent EV train so Im going to re do my team with different pokemon but here they are

Infernape
    Scizor
    Pikachu
    Lucario

So i had some balanced team that could take care of nearly everytype of pokemon.., I will keep my Staraptor but for in game but need a new team for in game and wifi as I explained so i do need a Flying / Fire / Electric...not sure about the other two type might think have a dragon.

based off of your teams type weaknesses, I'd suggest Salamence to help cover that up. Luke and Scizor both lose to fire, and Salamence resists. He's also immune to ground which beats up all of your pokes (bar Swampert) and resists fighting which Luke could have a problem with. ;D Hope this helps.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Well my team is/was
    Swampert the new EV one

Infernape
    Scizor
    Pikachu
    Lucario

Mence and Gyara are your Ideal Flyings

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    I got 2 questions

During the level 100 wifi battle do your pokemon BECOME lvl 100 for the battle?

Why do so many people want a Feebas?

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I got 2 questions

During the level 100 wifi battle do your pokemon BECOME lvl 100 for the battle?

Why do so many people want a Feebas?
    No I'm pretty sure they stay the level that are but I could be wrong since I haven't played W-Fi in ages @____@

Feebas is wanted because it's an achievement to find one and it evolves into Milotic which is fairly great Pokemon.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    They become level 100 for the duration of the battle, but go back to their original level after it's complete.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    based off of your teams type weaknesses, I'd suggest Salamence to help cover that up. Luke and Scizor both lose to fire, and Salamence resists. He's also immune to ground which beats up all of your pokes (bar Swampert) and resists fighting which Luke could have a problem with. ;D Hope this helps.

Well like I said the last 4 on my team I most prob change as there not EV trained or even 5 as Staraptor wont be good in WiFi battles, but if you still think Salamence is good idea what nature and moveset you reckon I should have..it should have at least one flying type move (unless you think otherwise) thanks.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    A few Pokemon I'm considering for my Suspect team

Garchomp @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
    -Outrage
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

Hmmm..looks good :]

Manaphy@Leftovers
    252 HP / 80 SpAtk / 176 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Surf
    - Tail Glow / Calm Mind
    - Ice Beam

This would honestly work better.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
    -Stone Edge
    -Crunch
    -Pursuit
    -Aqua Tail

This'll work better ;D

Latios @ Choice Specs
    Timid Nature
    4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    -Draco Meteor
    -Surf
    -Trick
    -Dragon Pulse

Soul Dew is banned =P Try Specs or LO set.
    Good luck on your suspects team :]

.Aero

Years
    Well like I said the last 4 on my team I most prob change as there not EV trained or even 5 as Staraptor wont be good in WiFi battles, but if you still think Salamence is good idea what nature and moveset you reckon I should have..it should have at least one flying type move (unless you think otherwise) thanks.

Salamence@Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Fire Fang / Stone Edge / Dragon Claw

It's a Dragon Dance Salamence. It's extremely powerful, but all you have to do is watch out for Ice Shard users (namely Mamoswine). Flying type moves aren't very useful on him when he has access to the others listed here. Fire Fang may be your best bet as steels are very prominent in OU right now.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    ok thanks, I guess with this Salamence I wouldnt need a flyinging type on my team

Swampert
    Salamence

Now need to think of the remaining 4 :S

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years

why dont you just rebreed ur un evd pokes, its not like you can never use that pokemon again

.Aero

Years
    why dont you just rebreed ur un evd pokes, its not like you can never use that pokemon again

I was just about to suggest that. xD Although I'd honestly replace Pikachu with something like Magnezone or some other electric type that doesn't suck. xD

It's not that difficult to re-breed, especially if you plan to catch other pokemon anyway.

EDIT: Don't do Magnezone, then you have a Fire weakness. Replace Pikachu with Zapdos (if you can).

.Aero

Years
    I have a Torterra with the item Big Root. His moves are Earthquake, Leech Seed, Crunch, and Solar Beam. Should I replace any of these moves with Giga Drain? If so, which one?

No, Torterra doesn't want a set like that. Try something like this:

Torterra@Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Overgrow
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
    ~ Wood Hammer
    ~ Earthquake / Stone Edge
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Stealth Rock / Protect

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    No, Torterra doesn't want a set like that. Try something like this:

Torterra@Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Trait: Overgrow
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
    ~ Wood Hammer
    ~ Earthquake / Stone Edge
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Stealth Rock / Protect

You might want that nature instead ;).

.Aero

Years
    You might want that nature instead ;).

Thanks for pointing that out. :P That was a huge mistake on my part.

Um, either way, it's still a good set for him. If you do plan to use it in-game, this thing will dominate, that's for sure. If you don't want that though, then there's really no suggestion. In-game is truly based on preference as all that matters is type match ups and your own pokemon's level.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back