• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Could someone please help me out with a moveset for a Gastrodon. Thanks :)

Gastrodon has a good move pool, and can use various moves such as Stockpile, Recover and Counter. So I suppose a good move pool would be something like this.
    ~ Recover
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Surf/Ice Beam
    ~ Stockpile/Counter

That all depends on what sort of Gastrodon you're looking for.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Is this a good move set for a Zapdos? I have a Zapdos with HP Fighting so yeah.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Bold/Pressure
    ~ Roost
    ~ T-Bolt
    ~ HP Fighting
    ~ Filler

T-Bolt for STAB move.

HP Fighting for the likes of Lucario, Tyranitar and Heatran

Roost for healing

Filler for I don't know what this move will be.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Is there a way to alter the nature of the riolu you get from Riley?

B/c i keep getting the Sassy Nature

Years
    You need to Soft Reset before you get the Egg from Riley. Besides, breeding your own eggs allows for much more control and potential with Egg moves, IVs, and all that.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Is this a good move set for a Zapdos? I have a Zapdos with HP Fighting so yeah.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Bold/Pressure
    ~ Roost
    ~ T-Bolt
    ~ HP Fighting
    ~ Filler

T-Bolt for STAB move.

HP Fighting for the likes of Lucario, Tyranitar and Heatran

Roost for healing

Filler for I don't know what this move will be.

Heat Wave > HP fighting so you can take care of Scizor, or HP ice is a better option for type coverage.

I always liked Thunderwave in the last slot on my defensive Zapdos, but if you're not using HP Ice, HP Grass is another option, as well as Roar.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    kk i need sum help. Im thinking about making a team based around a couple of sashers. Im debating which would be the best rapid spinner to keep their sashes in tact. Im either thinking of claydol or forretress. I like claydol because it has better defenses. My plan would be to tank hits spin away spike and eventually explode on anythingi cant handle. Forretress has a better attack stat so the explosion will do more damage and t-spikes. But it lacks in the sp. def department. any advice would be helpful

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    I need a moveset for Ludicolo that doesn't include leech seed... Right now I have

Surf
    Blizzard
    Rain Dance
    Giga Drain/Grass Knot/Energy Ball

Thank you :)

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    kk i need sum help. Im thinking about making a team based around a couple of sashers. Im debating which would be the best rapid spinner to keep their sashes in tact. Im either thinking of claydol or forretress. I like claydol because it has better defenses. My plan would be to tank hits spin away spike and eventually explode on anythingi cant handle. Forretress has a better attack stat so the explosion will do more damage and t-spikes. But it lacks in the sp. def department. any advice would be helpful
    Forretress is easier to get in than Claydol due to superior Defense, and the metagame is shifting mostly on the physical side of the spectrum. It has also better typing, with only one weakness. You can also consider Tentacruel as it absorbs T-Spikes, which maybe useful, and it also walls Infernape (which is good to know lol). Starmie you can maybe consider, but now with Pursuit users everywhere is isn't a good choice (same goes for Claydol).

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    i really appreciate it. what do you think a good item to give forret would be?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    i really appreciate it. what do you think a good item to give forret would be?
    ALWAYS go for Shed Shell, because Magnezone has been gaining popularity, and it will trap you kill you. >.< Even if you opt for giving it Earthquake, all Magnezone sets with outrun you, and kill you with HP [Fire], so yeah, go for Shed Shell, but if you feel risky, you can go for Lefties.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I need a moveset for Ludicolo that doesn't include leech seed... Right now I have

Surf
    Blizzard
    Rain Dance
    Giga Drain/Grass Knot/Energy Ball

Thank you :)
    Okay, it would have to be offensive without Leech Seed, so...

Ludicolo @ Life Orb / Damp Rock
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Surf / Hydro Pump
    - Grass Knot / Energy Ball
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance / Focus Punch

You can go for Surf for late game sweeping, or Hydro Pump for normal sweeping mid game, w/e. Grass Knot 2HKOs Bulky Gyarados, and a ~60% chance of netting a OHKO on Suicune. Energy Ball is mainly for Vaporeon, which laughs at Grass Knot (she doesn't eat that much). Energy Ball also 2HKOs Bulky Gyara after Stealth Rock is factored. Ice Beam for dragons, Focus Punch is a nasty surprise for Blissey. LO is better>>Damp Rock as is ensures that Grass Knot 2HKOs Gyarados, but Damp Rock is decent.

You can slap a Specs on the first set if you want, and give him 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe EVs.

I love this set:

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Seed Bomb
    - Ice Punch

Giblie

Gible Lover
    Years
    I came back for a bit to ask for advice on a Ninetales moveset. =D I can't play my DS, ish broken. D=
    Alrighty so, I have decided to get Ninetales for my Platinum team for when I get the game for my birthday. And will be awhile till I am able to get my Ninetales anyway. But I want to know what people think of this moveset for it. I am going to name it Kyuubi. I am going to breed for mine.

Ninetales (Kyuubi) w/???
    Modest Nature
    -Energy Ball
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Heat Wave/???
    -Sunny Day/Will o' Whisp/Confuse Ray

You should already guess why I decided to give it Energy Ball, so it can best its weaknesses Water and Rock. And also Ground types. This is the first in a long while that I decided to post something about Pokemon. For the rest of my team I decided on Honchkrow, Torterra (my starter), and Lapras. Not sure for the last two though.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ninetales (Kyuubi) w/Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    -Energy Ball
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Nasty Plot
    -Hypnosis

Comments in bold.

Needs timid and 2 fire moves are very redundant. Use Hypnosis or its outclassed by Infernape.

Years
    what is UU, OU, BL, EV,IV and whatever else and what does it mean in battle?

OU, BL, and UU are the tiers that Pokemon are divided into in competitive battling (a.k.a. how strong they are).
    OU stands for Overused and indicates which Pokemon are typically the strongest and most often used.
    UU stands for Underused and typically describes most Pokemon not in OU or ubers due to their weakness.
    BL stands for Borderline and describes Pokemon too powerful to be used in UU, but not powerful enough to be a real threat in OU.

EVs and IVs are factors that determine a Pokemon's stats.

EVs, also known as Effort Values, are values gained whenever experience is. You can gain EVs in any of the 6 stats of HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed. The more EVs you have in a stat, the more powerful the stat will be. The kind and amount of EVs gained is entirely dependent on the Pokemon. Starly give 1 EV in speed when KOed, Machop give 1 in attack, Machamp give 3 in attack. You can have up to a maximum of 255 EVs in any stat and 510 total. The amount of stat points you gain in a stat is the amount of EVs in that stat divided by 4. For example: My Jigglypuff has 0 EVs in HP at lv. 100 and has 343 HP. If I give it 238 EVs in HP, that's 238/4 = 59 R2, so now its HP stat is 402. If it had 255, the maximum amount, that's 255/4 = 63 R3, so now its HP stat is 406. So that you don't waste EVs, you'll notice that 252 is used instead of 255 so there isn't that remainder of 3.

IVs, also known as Individual Values, are fixed, unchanging values that also determine a Pokemon's strength. IVs are also calculated in each of the 6 stats and are determined the moment you encounter a Pokemon. IVs range on a scale from 0-31 and add one stat point for every IV much like EVs. For example: My lv. 100 Jigglypuff with a 0 IV in HP has 403. If it had a 31 IV instead, its HP would then be 434.

These are important to keep in mind as they will maximize your Pokemon's performance. Do you need anything more explained?

Years
    Actually Borderline (BL) means something is strong enough to be out of UU, just not used enough to be in OU.

Uber is the tier above OU and all Pokemon can be used there, besides the banned Arceus.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back