• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I was fighting my freind on shoddy today and the rules were Anything goes exept for OU and Uber

I used a Pidgeot and came up with a good set but im afraid that it goes against Evasion Clause

Pidgeot@ Figy/Wiki/Mago/Agauv/Iapapa Berry
    Nature:Bold
    Trait: Tangled Feet
    EVs: 252 Defence/252 HP/4 Speed
    -Feather Dance
    -Roost
    -Tailwind
    -U-Turn
    A Def.Tank.With the berry it restores health + confuses which boosts evasion.Roost to regain HP.Tailwind for Support.Last FeatherDance is for weakening Psyical Attackers.

I was wondering is this set Legal

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I was fighting my freind on shoddy today and the rules were Anything goes exept for OU and Uber

I used a Pidgeot and came up with a good set but im afraid that it goes against Evasion Clause

Pidgeot@ Figy/Wiki/Mago/Agauv/Iapapa Berry
    Nature:Bold
    Trait: Tangled Feet
    EVs: 252 Defence/252 HP/4 Speed
    -Feather Dance
    -Roost
    -Tailwind
    -U-Turn
    A Def.Tank.With the berry it restores health + confuses which boosts evasion.Roost to regain HP.Tailwind for Support.Last FeatherDance is for weakening Psyical Attackers.

I was wondering is this set Legal

This is actually a very interesting question. First off though, I'd say it wouldn't go against the clause. It's the pokemon's ability that is being put to use, therefore I don't think it's that big of a deal. Usually the evasion clause has to do with moves that raise evasion or reduce accuracy. I think you're safe with it. It's kind of hard to find an official definition on the clauses, therefore you can't really make an exact conclusion.

It's just most explanations of the rule state no moves that lower hit rate. They do mention items as well (such as Bright Powder) but in this case, it technically isn't the item causing the evasion boost, is it? I look at it as somewhat of a Snow Cloak type thing.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Hey I know it's not required but where's a good place to get graphics of Pokemon to stick in an RMT thread?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Manaphy @ Damp Rock
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Moves:
    -Rain Dance
    -Surf
    -Grass Knot
    -Rest

This is for Suspect not Ubers so there is no Kyogre support.
    What you think?

It's nature is Rash btw but I can't do anything to change it since I don't feel like playing Pokemon Ranger all over again.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Manaphy @ Damp Rock
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Moves:
    -Rain Dance
    -Surf
    -Grass Knot
    -Rest

This is for Suspect not Ubers so there is no Kyogre support.
    What you think?

It's nature is Rash btw but I can't do anything to change it since I don't feel like playing Pokemon Ranger all over again.

seems like a good set, i personally would pump some more evs into hp so i can survive maybe a choice banded electiver's thunder punch but its up to you

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    seems like a good set, i personally would pump some more evs into hp so i can survive maybe a choice banded electiver's thunder punch but its up to you

"Good luck"

And the sub set or LO attacker are by far its most menacing sets in suspect.

Manaphy@Leftovers
    252 HP / 80 SP.ATT / 176 SPEED
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Surf
    - Tail Glow / Calm Mind
    - Ice Beam

101 hp subs to beat bliss.

or

Manaphy@Life Orb
    80 HP / 252 SP.ATT / 176 SPEED
    Timid Nature
    - Tail Glow / Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Energy Ball

A simple yet powerful set. Energy Ball >> Grass Knot to beat other Manaphy.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    "Good luck"

And the sub set or LO attacker are by far its most menacing sets in suspect.

Manaphy@Leftovers
    252 HP / 80 SP.ATT / 176 SPEED
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Surf
    - Tail Glow / Calm Mind
    - Ice Beam

101 hp subs to beat bliss.

or

Manaphy@Life Orb
    80 HP / 252 SP.ATT / 176 SPEED
    Timid Nature
    - Tail Glow / Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Energy Ball

A simple yet powerful set. Energy Ball >> Grass Knot to beat other Manaphy.

So Manaphy's Hydration can't really be played on in Suspect?

Also torn between Tail Glow and Calm Mind? Guess Calm Mind helps with the SpD boost since my Manaphy in-game is Rash and I can't do the Ranger event again. Then I again I love Tail Glow sweeps.

Last edited:

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    Sorry for posting this again, it'sbecause no one answered it yet. I need help with the EV spread of:

Heracross@ Life orb
    Brave

Swords Dance
    MegaHorn
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge

Skarmory@ Leftovers

Impish
    Keen Eye

Brave Bird
    Roost
    Stealth Rock
    Whirlwind

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Sorry for posting this again, it'sbecause no one answered it yet. I need help with the EV spread of:

Heracross@ Life orb
    Brave

Swords Dance
    MegaHorn
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge

Skarmory@ Leftovers

Impish
    Keen Eye

Brave Bird
    Roost
    Stealth Rock
    Whirlwind

Brave on Heracross = major no-no. You want Adamant or Jolly depending on the set. But for Swords Dance, you want a Jolly Nature, 252 Attack / 6 Special Defense / 252 Speed.

252 HP / 64 Attack / 176 Defense / 16 Speed on Skarmory is the standard spread.

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    Brave on Heracross = major no-no. You want Adamant or Jolly depending on the set. But for Swords Dance, you want a Jolly Nature, 252 Attack / 6 Special Defense / 252 Speed.

252 HP / 64 Attack / 176 Defense / 16 Speed on Skarmory is the standard spread.

Ok. Thanks. I'll use that. Now onto re-breeding the heracross.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
  • I have breed a Mudkip to train again to a Swampert.
    His Nature is Adament and im trying to EV him (My first proper time to EV train so I hope im doing it right)
    I have been raising his attack at mo but cos he is such a low level I have been going against Gyarados by making him go first then switch to another Pkmn to defeat it, I know by doing this his attack doesnt go bigger and bigger like +4 +8 etc... it just sticks on +2
    So im trying to raise his Attack then Def/Speed and HP
    and the moves will be
    Earthquake/Waterfall..

then I dont if I should teach him Avalanche (like my last Swampert knew) or Ice Punch..any ideas

and what other move can I teach him?
    Thanks

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    Ummm... I'm not an expert at this, but how about:

EarthQuake
    Surf
    HP Grass
    ????

I seriously don't know what to put as the last attack...

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • I have breed a Mudkip to train again to a Swampert.
    His Nature is Adament and im trying to EV him (My first proper time to EV train so I hope im doing it right)
    I have been raising his attack at mo but cos he is such a low level I have been going against Gyarados by making him go first then switch to another Pkmn to defeat it, I know by doing this his attack doesnt go bigger and bigger like +4 +8 etc... it just sticks on +2
    So im trying to raise his Attack then Def/Speed and HP
    and the moves will be
    Earthquake/Waterfall..

then I dont if I should teach him Avalanche (like my last Swampert knew) or Ice Punch..any ideas

and what other move can I teach him?
    Thanks

just so you know, you can use the EXP share on the pokemon that ur evin, it will
    give 2 evs to both pokes, the battler and the mudkip that you are trainig when you battle gyarados
    on a choice band set give it icepunch as it does more damage to incoming pokes but on a curse set avalanch does more due to the speed drop

@above:if your goin to give swampert hidden power it needs electric to hurt gyrados but stone edge does the job pretty well aswell

Last edited:

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    Yeah. I said I wasn't good. So... How about this?

EarthQuake
    Surf
    HP Electric
    Stone Edge

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
  • get rid of stone edge for ice punch or avalanch

Ok I think about these thanks for both of your help..

But one ting why Surf over Waterfall? Doesnt Waterfall do more damage as its Physical attack and Swamperts Att is Higher than Sp.Att?
    And with Hidden Power how would I make it to Electirc or Ice As I never tried that before..

At mo my Marshtop is

Lv.25

HP 47
    Att 62
    Def 41
    Sp Att 34
    Sp Def 46
    Speed 37

So I think (Hope) Its working..I have used 120EV out of 510 so far and I still need to raise its HP/DEF/SPEED

This what I was going to do 104HP/204ATT/100DEF/100SPEED
    Unless you think I should change that.

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Ummm... I'm not an expert at this, but how about:

EarthQuake
    Surf
    HP Grass
    ????

I seriously don't know what to put as the last attack...

Adamant requires an all-physical moveset, which rules out Surf and Hidden Power.

Use Earthquake/Waterfall/Stone Edge/Ice Punch.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • Ok I think about these thanks for both of your help..

But one ting why Surf over Waterfall? Doesnt Waterfall do more damage as its Physical attack and Swamperts Att is Higher than Sp.Att?
    And with Hidden Power how would I make it to Electirc or Ice As I never tried that before..

At mo my Marshtop is

Lv.25

HP 47
    Att 62
    Def 41
    Sp Att 34
    Sp Def 46
    Speed 37

So I think (Hope) Its working..I have used 120EV out of 510 so far and I still need to raise its HP/DEF/SPEED

This what I was going to do 104HP/204ATT/100DEF/100SPEED
    Unless you think I should change that.

Thanks

hidden powers type is different for each pokemon, its typing and base power are based on your pokemons ivs here is the url to serebiis iv and hidden power calculator
    https://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml
    have waterfall over surf.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back