• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reshiram, Zekrom, or Kyurem

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    So who out of this trio would you say is your favorite? I think my username gives my answer away Reshiram would have to be my favorite out of the three. It reminds me of one of my favorite Yugioh monsters Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Years
    I love all three equally but if I had to choose I'd probably go with Zekrom. I really love the blue electricity that shoots out of its tail and it's got a more unique basis for design. Reshiram and Kyurem are still awesome on their own.

And I think a poll would be nice for good measure.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Reshiram does remind me of Blue-Eyed Dragon indeed lol

Anyhow, I would go for Zekrom, I prefer his design over the rest... and well, stats aren't bad, but I don't really care about that at this point.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Reshiram, Zekrom, or Kyurem

But the other two are cool too.

Spoiler: copy-paste of reasoning for why I like it

Dragons are my favorite creatures; black dragons in particular look the coolest to me. They're fascinating creatures that exist in many cultures yet symbolize different things and have different appearances depending on where you are.

But Zekrom, and the Tao Trio in general, has what is to me is the most interesting concept behind their designs amongst all the legendaries. The games mainly stick to the truth and ideals, but the 3 of them represent something else as well, and I think that Game Freak executed it beautifully. While in English versions of the games Zekrom and Reshiram are the "Deep Black Pokemon" and the "Vast White Pokemon", their Japanese species names more or less translate to the "Black Yin Pokemon" and the "White Yang Pokemon". You've heard of Yin&Yang, or seen the yingyang symbol, right?
    Spoiler:

It's a beautiful mixing of two halves that form a greater whole, just as Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem were once one, even more powerful, whole (Kyurem, the "empty" shell, represents wuji, the absence of both yin and yang), and individually they represent their respective part very well. The words hot, sun, etc, fit into Reshiram's typing, for example. One thing you'll notice is that female is associated with Yin (Zekrom), and male with Yang (Reshiram), but arguably Zekrom is the more masculine looking of the two while Reshiram is arguably the more feminine looking one, not to mention that soft is with Yin and hard with Yang, despite Reshiram having the soft fur and Zekrom having the hard(?) skin. At first glance it might seem like maybe they weren't paying much attention to the details and borked it, but if you look again at the yingyang symbol you'll see that there's a little of one in the other. So it actually works out perfectly. Then there's simply the colors themselves. They picked them for a reason. The games, and many conflicts in general, deal with two opposing, black-and-white views (each represented by a dragon), but the reality is that things are rarely ever so simple, and are more shades of gray.....a fusion of the colors black and white, the fusion of the dragons. The subtley (dunno if that's spelled right), the depth, the attention to detail in the overall concept and design of the Tao Trio is beautiful.

Or I'm just fucking insane {XD}

I like how Zekrom is a major part of the story of White and had an active role in the shaping on the region of Unova and it's culture. Most boxart legendaries are kind of just a tool for the villain team. I also liked how while you obtain the Dark Stone/Light Stone earlier in the game, your dragon doesn't awaken until your final showdown with N, making you wonder if you really are the hero and not just a delusional, unworthy fool.

Also that battle theme is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Competitively speaking, Zekrom is great because it is the best physical Electric attacker in the game with those powerful Bolt Strikes coming off of base 150 Attack. Most Electric types are specially based, but Zekrom doesn't have to worry about special walls like Chansey/Blissey. It also is one of the few Pokemon in Ubers to resist Flying, and absolutely destroys Lugia, Ho-oh, Yveltal, and Primal Kyogre, all major threats in the Ubers metagame.

_GlItChY_NiNeTaLeS_

Can't Forget The Flying Eggplant
    Years
    Reshiram. I've always been a fan of the fire type, and Reshiram literally has a fire generator for a tail. It also looks so furry, and that makes me want to cuddle it.>w<

Black was also my first Gen 5 game.

Reio

Unova Lover
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    Zekrom,because Black is ma favorite color :D

Sirfetch’d

In all honesty the trio is quite generic IMO but I do like them! I prefer Kyurem the most of the three because I've used it the most but Zekrom is a close second.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Reshriam definitely

But thats tough i thought between kyruem and reshiram

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
    I love Reshiram so much, it's easily one of my favourite legendaries! Zekrom as well is super cool, it's design especially. Kyurem doesn't really stand out to me, and when it does it's more for it's hybrid form with the original two.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm not a huge fan of this trio, however one of my all-time favorite Pokemon is Black Kyurem. But this poll is for the original trio without the fusions, so picking from those three, I'm going with Reshiram. I think it has a beautiful and unique design for a Fire type. I like that it's not super obvious what type it is, other than Dragon, unless you closely examine the tail. But I like the nice white color scheme with the orange tint when its tail lights up. It's just really simple and elegant. It really works and it's a gorgeous Pokemon to look at. I'm also biased towards Fire types though.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    I prefer Zekrom simply because it has a better design and looks badass.

and cuz I played Pokemon White

not to mention he is better than both competitively.

Back