• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Restarting the Random Challenge

Years
  • Forum Username: Sheep
    Game Version: Sapphire
    Number of Pokemon: 5
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: None

Couldn't quite get myself to go through Platinum again once BDSP came out, so I'd like to go back to older gens which I know I absolutely love and can finish. Thank you in advance. :D

Years
  • Forum Username: Sheep
    Game Version: Sapphire
    Number of Pokemon: 5
    Restrictions: None

Couldn't quite get myself to go through Platinum again once BDSP came out, so I'd like to go back to older gens which I know I absolutely love and can finish. Thank you in advance. :D
    Here you go. Let me know, if there are any problems:
    dusclops.png
    altaria.png
    dustox.png
    glalie.png
    volbeat.png

Blaiseix

... is tired
    Years
  • I deleted my previous comment because I'm messy and I hate it. I'm sorry

Forum Username: Blaiseix
    Game Version: Pokemon Sword or Shield (is this allowed?)
    Number of Pokemon: 6 for the main team + 1 fodder (explained below)
    National Dex: Yes
    Restrictions: I plan to Masuda the main 6, 1 non-shiny fodder for beating Milo because I refuse to breed without the bike. (If this is not allowed, please ignore)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 22, 2022
    I deleted my previous comment because I'm messy and I hate it. I'm sorry

Forum Username: Blaiseix
    Game Version: Pokemon Sword or Shield (is this allowed?)
    Number of Pokemon: 6 for the main team + 1 fodder (explained below)
    Restrictions: I plan to Masuda the main 6, 1 non-shiny fodder for beating Milo because I refuse to breed without the bike. (If this is not allowed, please ignore)

Hi, your roll is:
    kangaskhan.png

musharna.png

thievul.png

heliolisk.png

butterfree.png

mantine.png

Since Nickit is available before the first gym I believe, you can use that as the Fodder pokemon as well. Let me know if you need any re-rolls!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 22, 2022
    2nd update!
    Spoiler:

My Team!

primeape.png

Primeape - Level 31 - Relaxed
    Karate Chop, Fury Swipes, Seismic Toss, Rock Slide
    jigglypuff.png

Jigglypuff - Level 36 - Naïve
    Sing, Psychic, Shockwave, Body Slam
    hypno.png

Hypno - Level 35 - Naïve
    Headbutt, Dream Eater, Hypnosis, Psychic
    eevee.png

Eevee - Level 25 - Rash
    Helping Hand, Sand Attack, Growl, Quick Attack

GrassN

Formerly ElectricN
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    Update 4

Moving along in this challenge. I didnt feel like training up Farfetchd before the fighting gym, so just used Azumarill to go through it and didnt have too much trouble. I went straight to the Steel Gym as well, where I finally started to see some use for Sudowoodo, because he was the only thing that could really touch Steel-type. After that, I headed to the Lake Rage and Rocket Base and used that as the training for Farfetchd, which actually worked pretty well.

Possibly the best surprise so far is that I taught Sunflora Hidden Power, and it ended up being Fire-type, which is not only amazing (since I dont have a lot of elemental coverage on this team) but also so fitting for a sunflower pokemon. I am now forever disappointed that they didn't make Sunflora a Grass / Fire type 😅

Sudowoodo also worked pretty well against the Ice types in Pryce's gym. Im glad he's finally becoming helpful, because there was a stretch there where I almost stopped using him entirely and made him an HM carrier. Renamed my Furret to Fearret because Barker sounded too friendly for a pokemon that has expansive coverage and nearly one shots most pokemon he fights lol. Im now in the middle of the Rockets at radio tower, but once I finish that up, Ill be going to get the last member of my team with Piloswine!

Update 4.5
    Rather than make a whole new post, just quick update for now! Got through Rocket tower, which was great for leveling up, but geeeeez I do not remember getting Poisoned that much. Its like every pokemon knows sludge, and it seemd like 50% of the time it poisoned. But still got through it! Updated the team as well.

Current Team

Fearret / Furret (M) Lvl. 32
    furret.png

Slam
    Thunder Punch
    Shadow Ball
    Mud Slap

Solia / Sunkern (F) Lvl. 31
    sunflora.png

Petal Dance
    Growth
    Mega Drain
    Hidden Power (Fire (which is just amazing))

Shamrock / Sudowoodo (M) Lvl. 32
    sudowoodo.png

Rock Slide
    Fire Punch
    Dig
    Low Kick

Raiblu / Marill (M) Lvl. 33
    azumarill.png

Surf
    Ice Punch
    Bubblebeam
    Rollout

Mallardi / Farfetch'd (F) Lvl. 31
    farfetchd.png

Swords Dance
    Sand Attack
    Swift
    Fly

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 22, 2022
    3rd Update!
    Spoiler:

My Team!

primeape.png

Primeape - Level 36 - Relaxed
    Karate Chop, Fury Swipes, Cross Chop, Rock Slide
    jigglypuff.png

Jigglypuff - Level 40 - Naïve
    Sing, Psychic, Shockwave, Body Slam
    hypno.png

Hypno - Level 41 - Naïve
    Headbutt, Dream Eater, Hypnosis, Psychic
    flareon.png

Flareon - Level 31 - Rash
    Flamethrower, Sand Attack, Bite, Quick Attack
    dodrio.png

Dodrio - Level 31 - Gentle
    Pursuit, Steel Wing, Tri Attack, Fly
    golduck.png

Golduck - Level 34 - Modest
    Surf, Disable, Confusion, Screech

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • Age 20
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ooh, this looks fun!

Forum Username: AngeltheTogekiss468
    Game Version: Black
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Restrictions: No trade evolutions please!

Last edited:

GrassN

Formerly ElectricN
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    Ooh, this looks fun!

Forum Username: AngeltheTogekiss468
    Game Version: Black
    Restrictions: No trade evolutions please!

Here's your team! Let me know if you need re-rolls
    beedrill.png

gothitelle.png

simisear.png

noctowl.png

swanna.png

emolga.png

GrassN

Formerly ElectricN
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    Hey I know I said I'd confirm the team but could you reroll the team without National Dex and no trade evolutions?

Yep! I kept the 4 non-national dex ones an re-rolled the other two. This should have no trade evos as well. Let me know if this works

maractus.png

gothitelle.png

simisear.png

bouffalant.png

swanna.png

emolga.png

GrassN

Formerly ElectricN
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    Final Update
    This run was really fun, though the end for the Elite 4 was rather challenging. Getting the last gym badge was easy, as Azumarill with ice punch took care of most of the gym. And I made the intentional effort to then fight every trainer up until the Elite 4 to train. I think when I finally got there, levels ranged from 37-33. Bought all the potions and revives, took on will. And it wasnt easy, but I found some type advantage for each and made it through. Koga was simple, Sudowoodo and a Sunflora with Hidden Power Fire, and a few Growths on his first Ariados, made it a breeze. I even did okay with Bruno ... until Machamp. He one shotted everything. Every single thing. Lost and tried again. Got to Bruno, taught Farfetchd attract, and when I got to Machamp, I had a 4x Swords Dance Farfetchd, with Machamp infatuated and 3-4 sand attacks for low accuracy. I thought it was done, but NOPE. His Machamp has a never-miss move. Lost again and at this point, I was out of revives and potions and had no money to buy more. So i had to spent quite awhile just fighting Will and Koga over and over for the exp and the money. Finally, once Farfetchd got to level 38, I managed to get a successful attract and thenn one shot with Fly. Finally moving on, after saving lol, it only took two tries with Karen - Sudoowoodo was incredible, so many counters to her mons. And amazingly, I did beat lance on the first try, though I was down to Sudowoodo at like 10% health, no more revives, and just happened to be left with that right after his dragonite used hyper beam, so I got one move and it worked.

There were some fun members on this team. Furrets one Ive always wanted to use but never did cause I always just had too many others I wanted to use. Sudowoodo actually helps out alot, and kinda gave me a new respect for rock-types since I rarely use them. Sunflora, for as bad a rep as it gets, was honestly great, though Ill say that may be mostly from it getting a fire move. Farfetch'd wasnt anything particularly special, and Piloswine was difficult to use because there was no physical special split, so his ice moves never really helped. Azumarill I am mixed on. I wanted to love it, and I kinda did, but I also kept getting annoyed that a 2x effective surf at similar levels did not-great damage because its attack stats are so low. I may have to try it out in a newer game where it gets the fairy typing.

I may come back to this game at some point to do the post game stuff but gonna take a break for now and possibly start another challenge.

Team

Fearret / Furret (M) Lvl. 42
    furret.png

Slam
    Thunder Punch
    Shadow Ball
    Mud Slap

Solia / Sunkern (F) Lvl. 42
    sunflora.png

Petal Dance
    Growth
    Mega Drain
    Hidden Power (Fire)

Shamrock / Sudowoodo (M) Lvl. 44
    sudowoodo.png

Rock Slide
    Faint Attack
    Dig
    Low Kick

Raiblu / Marill (M) Lvl. 39
    azumarill.png

Surf
    Ice Punch
    Waterfall
    Rollout

Mallardi / Farfetch'd (F) Lvl. 38
    farfetchd.png

Swords Dance
    Sand Attack
    Attract
    Fly

Woolice / Piloswine (M) Lvl. 39
    piloswine.png

Earthquake
    Icy Wind
    Powder Snow
    Strength

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • Age 20
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Update 1

Gym(s) Completed:
    Cilan

Current Party:
    Chili - Pansear
    Slave - Oshawott

I chose Oshawott at the start so I would be given Pansear at the Dreamyard, which is where the run truly began. I kept Slave in my party for the purpose of HM's, as is permitted by the rules. After training Chili up to Level 12, I attempted to fight Cilan. It took a few tries, but I was eventually able to get past his Lillipup and took down his Pansage with ease. After that, I went through Route 3, getting some EXP from the trainers in the area, and saved my game in Nacrene City.

Years
    • Age 24
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    Forum Username: royalsnowangel
    Game Version: Platinum
    Restrictions: No Trade Evos, and at least one mon before Gym 1 plz~ I'm playin this on my legit cartridge

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • Age 20
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Forum Username: royalsnowangel
    Game Version: Platinum
    Restrictions: No Trade Evos, and at least one mon before Gym 1 plz~ I'm playin this on my legit cartridge

Here's your team! If you need a reroll let me know!

Staraptor

Togekiss

Golduck

Cherrim

Houndoom

Bibarel

Back