• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Restarting the Random Challenge

Years
    • Age 24
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    Update 1: Roark Defeated

So I started my journey by picking Piplup so that my rival (who I named Ralph. idk why) would have Turtwig to make my life slightly harder. Just cuz. From there I went and quickly grabbed my first two mons available before Jubilife - Chum the Bidoof and Coin the Starly. I then proceeded to switch train em up a bit before tossin Piplup into the box and making my way forward. Grabbed Psyduck shortly after reaching Jubilife in Ravaged Path, and I'm realizing as I type this that I left the trainers on Route 204 untouched. I just forgot about em XD But from there I took my new bud Nugget and brought him with me to fight Ralph. The fight was a bit harder than I remembered, but was still easy, and from there I made my way to Oreburgh.

After dragging Roark outta the mines, I went ahead and challenged him immediately afterwards. I did wipe on my first try cuz I was ... kind of under leveled, but I beat him on my second try. I used his Geodude and Onix to switch train Coin a bit, and then left Nugget out for his Cranidos. Water Gun was just barely not a 2-shot, so I had to bring Chum in to take some hits while I healed Nugget back up, and when Chum went down, I was able to send Nugget back in and secure the win. I think this is the first time I've actually gone against Roark with my Ace for the battle being under at least lvl 12. so that was pretty cool. Good job Nugget.

Time to polish my new badge and keep movin~

Current Team:
    054.png

Nugget the Psyduck - ♂ Lv 12
    399.png

Chum the Bidoof - ♂ Lv 10
    396.png

Coin the Starly - ♀ Lv 11

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • Age 20
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Update 2

Gyms Completed:
    Cilan
    Lenora

Current Team:
    Chili - Pansear
    Slave - Oshawott

After trying and failing to defeat N outside the Nacrene City gym, I trained Chili up a few levels by fighting the trainers in Pinwheel Forest. After successfully defeating N, I promptly challenged the gym, though it took quite a few tries to defeat Lenora. After finally defeating her, I did the thing where you fight Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest, then went through Skyarrow Bridge to get to Castelia City. There, I acquired a Fire Stone and an Eviolite. I gave Chili the Eviolite (I intend to evolve him after he's learned some stronger level-up moves), and leveled him up a bit on the trainers in the Battle Company. After that, as well as starting the part where you have to fight Team Plasma to get Bianca's Munna back, I healed up in the Pokémon Center, saved, and called it a day.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 22, 2022
    Last Update!
    Spoiler:

My Team!

primeape.png

Primeape - Level 44 - Relaxed
    Brick Break, Strength, Cross Chop, Rock Slide
    wigglytuff.png

Jigglypuff - Level 50 - Naïve
    Attract, Psychic, Shockwave, Hyper Voice
    hypno.png

Hypno - Level 47 - Naïve
    Headbutt, Dream Eater, Hypnosis, Psychic
    flareon.png

Flareon - Level 42 - Rash
    Flamethrower, Fire Spin, Bite, Quick Attack
    dodrio.png

Dodrio - Level 42 - Gentle
    Uproar, Steel Wing, Tri Attack, Fly
    golduck.png

Golduck - Level 48 - Modest
    Surf, Disable, Confusion, Ice Beam

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • Age 20
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Update 3

Gyms Completed:
    Cilan
    Lenora
    Burgh

Current Team:
    Vesperus - Gothita
    Carly - Emolga
    Cacto - Maractus
    Chili - Pansear
    Slave - Oshawott

After beating Team Plasma in the building and getting Bianca's Munna back, I went and challenged Burgh's gym, which was pretty easy using Chili. I beat Bianca and went into Route 4, beating Cheren and the other trainers on my way to the Desert Resort. There, I caught a Maractus, then left and continued my way to Nimbasa City. After beating the Team Plasma grunts and getting Strength, I went to Route 16 and caught a Gothita, then went into Lostlorn Forest and caught an Emolga. I will be training all my Pokemon to level 25 before challenging Elesa's gym.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • Age 20
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Update 4

Gyms Completed:
    Cilan
    Lenora
    Burgh
    Elesa

Current Team:
    Pierre - Ducklett
    Cacto - Maractus
    Carly - Emolga
    Vesperus - Gothita
    Chili - Pansear
    Slave - Oshawott

After fighting N and getting all my Pokémon up to level 25, I went into the Nimbasa Gym and defeated Elesa using Carly and Cacto. I went through Route 5, fighting Cheren and the other trainers, then went through Driftveil Bridge and caught a Ducklett, which I named Pierre. I went to the Driftveil Pokémon Center and saved, calling it a day.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Forum Username: Devalue
    Game Version: Crystal
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    National Dex: Yes
    Restrictions: None

Should be able to hack in any latecomers or trade evolutions (with the proper items in hand). Never messed with hacking stuff in before. Tested it out a little while ago. Seemed to work okay.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • Age 20
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Update 5

Gyms Completed:
    Cilan
    Lenora
    Burgh
    Elesa
    Clay
    Skyla

Current Team:
    Pierre - Swanna
    Cacto - Maractus
    Carly - Emolga
    Vesperus - Gothorita
    Chili - Pansear
    Slave - Oshawott

I did some training in the Cold Storage, fighting Team Plasma. I then went through the Driftveil Gym, using mainly Pierre and Cacto. After a few attempts, I managed to defeat Clay. I also acquired the HM for Fly. I went through Route 6 and reached Chargestone Cave. I did more training in there, fighting N and Team Plasma. During this, Pierre evolved into Swanna, and Vesperus evolved into Gothorita. I soon reached Mistralton City, and did some more training in Route 7 and Celestial Tower. After returning to Mistralton City, I went and fought through the Gym, which was a breeze using Carly. After defeating Skyla, I went to the Mistralton Pokemon Center and called it a day.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023
    Forum Username: DarkChibimon
    Game Version: Fire Red
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: No restrictions.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Forum Username: DarkChibimon
    Game Version: Fire Red
    Rolled:
    Porygon.gif
    Porygon
    Starmie.gif
    Starmie
    Charizard.gif
    Charizard
    Gyarados.gif
    Gyarados
    Hitmonlee.gif
    Hitmonlee
    Kabutops.gif
    Kabutops

A very Water-heavy team.

Years
    • Age 19
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    Forum Username: Obichu
    Game Version: Black

Years
    • Age 35
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Forum Username: Obichu
    Game Version: Black

Rolled:
    Beheeyem.png
    Beheeyem
    Carracosta.png
    Carracosta
    Golurk.png
    Golurk
    Hydreigon.png
    Hydreigon
    Vanilluxe.png
    Vanilluxe
    Emolga.png
    Emolga

A surprisingly diverse team. Also quite blue.

Years
    • Age 19
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    Team confirmed. I see lots of evolutions at high levels, early-midgame is going to be fun.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2022
    Forum Username: MayorOfPie
    Game Version: Crystal

Years
  • I'd like to try this one. It seems to be a nice starting point for challenges!

Forum Username: _confused_piplup_
    Game Version: Emerald

EDIT: Not sure if I needed to write that in "restrictions", but I decided to catch all my team members in PokéBalls. It's not a restriction indeed, but an additional rule that I wanted to add.

I am about to start the League and I decided that I am going to keep the HM in the Pokémon movesets. While some of those are good, some others really do nothing but occupy a place. It kinda adds some layer of difficulty, I guess.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2022
    I rolled and got those for you:

Ditto
    ditto.png

Jumpluff
    jum.png

Bellossom
    bellossom.png

Slowking
    slowking.webp

Quagsire
    queg.png

Flareon
    flareon.webp

Imo a very nice team to try!

These are all ones I haven't really used before, and been wanting to use. Ditto is my favorite pokemon of all time, and been really wanting to try out a Jumpluff lately for a playthrough so shall be fun. Confirming this team

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2022
    I'd like to try this one. It seems to be a nice starting point for challenges!

Forum Username: _confused_piplup_
    Game Version: Emerald

Here's what I rolled for you:

Swampert
    260.png

Exploud
    295.png

Camerupt
    323.png

Kecleon
    352.png

Cacturne
    332.png

Corsola
    222.png

If you want anything re rolled, just let me know

Years
  • Here's what I rolled for you:

Swampert
    260.png

Exploud
    295.png

Camerupt
    323.png

Kecleon
    352.png

Cacturne
    332.png

Corsola
    222.png

If you want anything re rolled, just let me know

hmmm I was hoping for something different from Swampert because I have always used it. I used Exploud on my last playthrough in ORAS. However the team is not bad and it has some pokemon I have never used, so I guess I'll confirm it!

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • Age 20
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Update 6

Gyms Completed:
    Cilan
    Lenora
    Burgh
    Elesa
    Clay
    Skyla
    Brycen

Current Team:
    Vesperus - Gothitelle
    Pierre - Swanna
    Carly - Emolga
    Cacto - Maractus
    Chili - Simisear
    Slave - Oshawott

I went through Route 7, fought Charon, and acquired Surf. I then went through Twist Mountain, training my Pokémon up. I made it to Icirrus City and beat Brycen mainly using Chili. I went through Dragonspiral Tower, training up on the Team Plasma members. Then, I went through Route 8, fought Bianca, then went through the Tubeline Bridge, Route 9, and Shopping Mall Nine, training my Pokémon up all the while. At one point, Chili reached Level 43 and learned Crunch, so I used a Fire Stone on him to evolve him into Simisear. At another point, Vesperus reached Level 41 and evolved into Gothitelle. When I made it to Opelucid City, I went into the Pokémon Center and called it a day.

Last edited:
    Back