• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Retyping Pokémon

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I think Altaria should be Dragon / Fairy, not just the mega evolution. When I heard they were retyping existing Pokémon it was an obvious Fairy to me, but it would be weird losing the Dragon typing.

I never understood why Altaria is even a Dragon-type. It looks like a bird with cloud/cotton wings to me. When I look at it, I would never assume that it is a dragon. I always viewed it as pure Flying-type.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I never understood why Altaria is even a Dragon-type. It looks like a bird with cloud/cotton wings to me. When I look at it, I would never assume that it is a dragon. I always viewed it as pure Flying-type.

Yeah I feel like Normal/Flying was Swablu's type because they didn't want to give us a Dragon that easily, but I would not have mentioned Altaria in this thread if it didn't change type upon evolution. Emerald was my first game and tbh I was blindsided when Winona's Altaria wasn't weak to Electric (neither was Tropius but I understood that given its obvious Grass-typing), then starting using the badass-sounding "Dragon Dance" before obliterating my team. Although to be fair I was also confused by both Vibrava's Dragon typing and its relation to Trapinch (but once you've seen Vibrava, Drake's Flygon makes sense)

Back