• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Retyping Pokémon

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    In the Pokémon games, the retyping of Pokémon is rare, and occurs only after the introduction of a new type. For example, Magnemite and Magneton were originally pure Electric-types, but were retyped to Electric/Steel after the latter was introduced in Generation II. Then there was the wave of retypings for Pokémon such as the Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Marill and Ralts lines, among others, when the Fairy-type came into the scene in Generation VI.

Yet, I know that most of us have thought that a certain single-type Pokémon would be better if it had a second type, or that another type would suit a Pokémon better than the one(s) it has. My question is, what Pokémon would you retype if you could? You can add reasons for it as well, whether technical or aesthetic.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Here are some:

Charizard -> Fire / Dragon: I'm halfway convinced the only reason it's Fire / Flying is due to balance reasons. Nowadays GF / TPC's not even bothering to hide their favoritism for Charizard so might as well go all in.

Gyarados -> Water / Dragon: See above, minus favoritism.

Galarian Farfetch'd / Sirfetch'd -> Fighting / Flying: On one hand, it's cool to have birds that aren't flying, on the other hand this is a very cool type combo and I think it'd be neat

Porygon and evos -> Electric or Normal / Electric: This feels like it should have been electric given the whole "digital" schtick

Happiny and evos -> Fairy or Normal / Fairy: If anything this line is the most fairy girl aesthetic from Gen I. Like, I can't understand why this remained Normal but Wigglytuff is Normal / Fairy. Or why Gardevoir is Psychic / Fairy.

Groudon -> Fire / Ground: Primal Groudon is what Groudon's typing should have been from start. I get that it'd make it weaker to Kyogre when it's technically normal damage during sun but c'mon, Groudon was made to be Fire type.

General:
    - Make it so Kanto is less of a Grass/Poison fest
    - Make it so earlier gens had more pure Rock types instead of all the Rock/Grounds

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Until the absurd site of it flying high above cliffs in Legends: Arceus, I would have said remove Gyarados' Flying typing. But now it has even more common ground with the dragon in Shang-Chi, and actually catching one from those cliffs is one of my favourite things I've done in that game!

I always thought it would be neat if Politoed were Psychic-type. The family already get Hypnosis and it would enhance the contrast between the brawny, blue brawler and the clearly more cerebral green jumping frog. Plus it would make King's Rock a Psychic-exclusive evolution item.

Seeing as they made Emboar Fire/Fighting, ruining the potential for a first set of single-type starters since Johto, I figure Samurott could have been Water/Fighting given its Samurai theme. Or a second consecutive Water/Steel-type because of the swords. Although I'm not sure how I'd balance Serperior as its just a Grass snake.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Pretty confident that this is a well-known candidate, but my vote goes to Florges and make it grass/fairy instead of pure fairy. I mean, I can understand Flabébé and Floette still being pure fairy because they're just holding/latched onto their flowers. But, Florges? The flowers are literally growing around its head.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Any "bird" Pokémon with a Flying/Normal-type combination – Pure Flying-type. No reason exists to make them Normal-type Pokémon. Logically speaking, if you have a type that is different to Normal-type, you're no longer "normal." At least that's how I see it, for the most part. Besides, making them pure Flying-type would have them resist Fighting-type as it should.

Vulpix and Ninetales – Fire/Psychic: They have the ability to invoke mysterious mystical powers with their tails, which should make them part Psychic-type.

Psyduck and Golduck – Water/Psychic: They are literally known for their ability to use psychic powers to great effect, yet they're not part Psychic-type.

Geodude evolutionary line – Pure Rock-type: Gameplay wise, Rock and Ground are just too similar offensively and defensively. As a result, when combined, they don't really add much difference on offense in terms of coverage and defensively, Rock and Ground share many of the same weaknesses. This means that when you combine them, they most give the Pokémon a bunch of common double weaknesses. I think even Game Freak realized this because we haven't seen another Rock/Ground type since Rhyperior, which only exists because it served as a new evolution for generation I Pokémon anyway. This line would be better off as just pure Rock-type Pokémon.

Onix – Pure Rock-type: Same reasons as the Geodude line.

Elekid evolutionary line – Electric/Fighting: Elekid and its evolutionary relatives definitely deserve to be part Fighting-type. They have the build for it, big strong arms, can learn several punching moves, and they just look like fighters.

Porygon evolutionary line – Normal/Electric: While I would normally say that it makes no sense to make something part Normal-type because it's no longer "normal" if it has another type, the logic here could be that the developers programmed it to be a "normal" creature, but it is still part Electric due to being associated with the internet.

Rhyhorn evolutionary line – Either pure Rock or pure Ground-type: Same reasons as the Geodude line.

Cherubi and Cherrim – Grass/Fairy: How could something as cute as them not be part Fairy-type? They also learn a good amount of Fairy-type moves. It can definitely work.

Chimecho and Chingling – Psychic/Fairy: They just look like they're fairies. Simple as that. They could also use the new typing to give them a buff too.

Lake Guardians (Legendary Trio from Gen IV) – Psychic/Fairy: Again, they are very cute and look like fairy-like creatures.

Cresselia - Psychic/Fairy – I know that I am saying Psychic/Fairy a lot, but how am I supposed to believe that Cresselia is the Pokémon that drives Darkrai away when its typing is not only weak to it, but also completely ineffective against it on offense? Making her a Fairy-type would make perfect sense in a lore standpoint, not to mention she looks like a fairy.

Klink evolutionary family – Steel/Electric: Surely I can't be the only one that believes they should be part Electric-type too, huh? They seem to be counterparts to the Magnemite line, learn a ton of Electric-type moves, and in gen V, they are even found in Chargestone Cave, a home for many Electric-type Pokémon.

Sirfetch'd – Fighting/Flying: It should still be able to retain its ability to fly, as it is still a bird Pokémon that is based on a bird capable of flight.

Clobbopus and Grapploct – Water/Fighting: There is absolutely no way they shouldn't be Water-type, especially since they live in the water, are based on octopus, and even chase you in the water.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Good input so far, everyone! There are a lot of proposals here that I agree with; I'll list a few of them.
    -Gyarados to Water/Dragon, because it's a damn great defensive type combination and it's a shame it's limited to Kingdra (a trade evolution) and Palkia (a Legendary). Thank Shulong from Xenoverse for this great discovery, because now I understand why Gyarados should share its typing.
    -Charizard to Fire/Dragon. Actually, just make an entire regional variant line based on its Mega X form with said typing, because that one is even better than the original Charizard.
    -Psyduck line to Water/Psychic. I get they probably didn't want to do it to avoid repetition with the Staryu line, but it would be so helpful considering they already learn a lot of Psychic moves!
    -Happiny line to Normal/Fairy or pure Fairy. It's really weird that all Nurse assistant Pokémon except the original one are Fairy-type.
    -Galarian Farfetch'd line to Fighting/Flying. It was a real surprise to learn it was pure Fighting. I get that there are a lot of Flying-types already and that it would negate its Rock resistance (in addition to giving it extra weaknesses to Electric and Ice), but it makes sense from a lore standpoint.
    -Clobbopus line to Fighting/Water. Same case as above.

Now, here's another batch I want you to consider that I haven't seen mentioned:
    -Sableye to Ghost/Rock. I'm pretty sure the only reason it was made part Dark-type was as a test run for Spiritomb in Gen IV. Lore-wise, it makes a ton of sense; its body has gemstones, it also eats gemstones, and it preys on the Rock/Fairy-type Carbink. (Also, replace Stall with Sturdy in its possible Ability pool.)
    -Cinderace to Fire/Fighting. Thanks Game Freak for pooling three Fire/Fighting starters in a row, so that the one which was perfect for the Fighting-type (and could benefit from STAB on moves like Low Kick or Brick Break) didn't actually get it. -_-
    -Gastly line to pure Ghost. I know Gastly is a cloud of gas, but upon reaching the final stage, it's got basically no connection to the Poison-type, as it's a shadow. It would also help remove the pretty undesirable Psychic and Ground weaknesses.
    -Ampharos to Electric/Dragon in its normal form. Its Japanese name even contains the word for "dragon" and it actually had this typing in the G/S beta!
    -Speaking of the G/S beta, Umbreon should have absolutely been the Poison-type Eeveelution rather than Dark-type. The rings remind me a lot more of poisonous frogs than bioluminescent animals.

I might come up with more later, but I want to keep seeing your replies!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Porygon should definitely be steel- it is a robot.
    Lapras should be water/psychic- the anime calls it the psychic pokemon.
    Vulpix and Ninetales- Fire/fairy- mystical make them fairy.
    It is certainly absurd that Gastly almost doesn't have a poison move by leveling up.
    Rhyhorn seems to be rock and Rhydon ground and Rhyperior dual ground and rock.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm not a fan of changing types (except when a new type is introduced), so I'll try to keep it to a minimum.

Ninetales: Should have been the first Fire/Ghost when Ghost types were so scarce. It's based on the Nine Tails Fox (a spirit), it's said to be very vengeful, have sinister and supernatural powers and curse anyone who touches its tails. Even its level up moveset contains several Ghost moves (Spite, Grudge, Confuse Ray) and gives clear hints that this creature has anything but good intentions.

Meganium: Grass/Fairy
    It's breath and the fragance of its flowers have the power to calm down aggressiveness, and restore grass and plants life and help people relax. Plus, pure Grass is a pretty doomed typing (at least for a starter) unless they have some overpowered HA or something to compensate.

Emboar: Hmmm... just Fire???
    Honestly I don't even know why was it given Fighting type. It made sense for Torchic and Chimchar lines because it fit their themes well, and because the first gym in their regions was Rock type (so that all starters had an advantage against it)

Runerigus: Rock/Ghost
    Missed opportunity, when we already had two Ghost/Ground lines and no Ghost/Rock. Although I guess Gen 9 might finally introduce something with this typing, since it's not that hard to find a concept that fits.

There are of course other retypings that could make sense from a lore or design standpoint, but that I would not make either for gameplay reasons, or because I don't think they'd make the mon more interesting.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I figure Samurott could have been Water/Fighting given its Samurai them. Although I'm not sure how I'd balance Serperior as its just a Grass snake.

So true! Samurott is undoubtedly a true warrior! Serperior could have been Grass/Dragon due to being a reptile and its ability to learn Dragon Pulse, but I don't know. It would have been too broken. With no Fairies to check Dragons at the time, it would have been too powerful and imagine Contrary Serperior using Draco Meteor . . .

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Okay. So, I have a lot I'm thinking about. I'll do this in Pokedex order.

I'd remove the Poison type from Bulbasaur and Ivysaur since it never really made sense to me why Bulbasaur is part Poison. It can barely learn any Poison type attacks as is, so I'd just change the first two stages in the line to pure Grass.

Add Dark to Arbok. Not saying it should have been dark from the very beginning, but it'd bring life to a mostly forgotten Kanto Pokemon that hasn't been given a lot of attention. I know, "Kanto Pokemon don't need anymore love", but still.

Add Psychic type to Golduck because that's just how it always should have been.

Add Fairy to Chansey and Blissey, but not Happiny. She's a Pokemon that is known to heal, I think she should at least be given the Fairy type in some way.

Porygon line to pure Electric. This thing is literally a bunch of code, and should not be pure Normal.

Noctowl to Psychic/Flying. I never really understood why Noctowl was a Normal type.

Add Psychic to the Misdreavus line, the anime has convinced me it should be.

Lugia to Dragon/Water. It's themed after the sea. Pokemon has made other Pokemon that have wings not Flying before, like Latias who is Dragon/Psychic, so I'd completely change both of Lugia's types.

Celebi to Fairy/Grass, I still don't know why it wasn't changed to this when the Fairy type was added.

Add Dragon to Sceptile since it's weird Sceptile is the only Hoenn starter without a second type in its final evolution.

Azurill to Water/Fairy. Why is this Pokemon a normal type?

Flygon to Bug/Dragon, since it's a Dragon fly, kinda.

Retype Altaria to Dragon/Fairy since Mega Evolution is no longer a thing.

Lileep and Cradily to Water/Grass and in turn, Anorith and Armaldo to Water/Bug. Tbh, these are the fossil Pokemon that should have ditched Rock type to begin with.

Milotic to Water/Fairy. Just makes sense to me.

Banette to Ghost/Dark, that Pokemon is pretty sinister, so.

Chimecho line to Psychic/Fairy, maybe more people would use it if this were the case.

Yanmega (not Yanma) to Bug/Dragon.

The entirety of the Lake Trio to Psychic/Fairy, it's stupid that they were not retyped to Fairy.

Cresselia to part Fairy, as well.

Darkrai to part Ghost. Yes, I know that would make it have no weaknesses until Gen VI, but tbh, I think it should have been part Ghost type.

Serperior to Grass/Dragon, and Samurott to Water/Fighting.

Audino to Normal/Fairy. Since Mega Evolution is gone now, we may as well just give it the Fairy type permanently.

Gothitelle to Psychic/Dark, it's a goth Pokemon...

Klink family to Steel/Electric since they know a lot of Electric type moves and are gears.

Florges to Fairy/Grass. The flower is part of its body now, it should be part grass type.

Goodra to Dragon/Water since it evolves via the rain.

Zeraora should be Electric/Fighting it fights with its fists and it's disappointing it's pure Electric.

And that's really it. Those are the Pokemon I'd retype.

Years
    • Seen today
    I forgot to mention Lugia, whose typing never made sense to me. It's Psychic "because" and it's Flying while it's supposedly an underwater creature.

Although I don't know which typing I'd give it honestly. Water/Dragon would make more sense, but gameplay-wise it would be bad. I get that they didn't make it Water in the first place so that Lugia and Ho-Oh were neutral against each other, which is nice, and with Water/Dragon Lugia would be the clear winner.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I forgot to mention Lugia, whose typing never made sense to me. It's Psychic "because" and it's Flying while it's supposedly an underwater creature.

Although I don't know which typing I'd give it honestly. Water/Dragon would make more sense, but gameplay-wise it would be bad. I get that they didn't make it Water in the first place so that Lugia and Ho-Oh were neutral against each other, which is nice, and with Water/Dragon Lugia would be the clear winner.

Lugia is simply a giant bird that has immense psychic powers. It spends most of its time in the bottom of the ocean because its psychic powers are too strong. It is Flying-type because it's a giant bird that flies. Water/Dragon doesn't really make such sense because Lugia isn't a dragon and its only connection to the water is that prefers to dive in the ocean simply because its powers are too powerful for land. That's like saying that Mewtwo should be part Rock or Ground-type because he spends most of his time in a cave because his powers are too strong.

Going to echo Florges. I still think Flabébé and Floette would make good candidates for fairy/grass despite the flower not being a physical part of them, but Florges is easily part plant once it evolves - it would be really fitting for it to become fairy/grass on evolution.

Others:

Psyduck and Golduck: Water/Psychic
    Ninetales: Fire/Psychic
    Luxio and Luxray: Electric/Dark
    Flygon: Dragon/Bug (not complaining about its current typing though)
    Noctowl: Flying/Psychic
    Masquerain: Bug/Water (This was a unique type combo and I think it's a waste to change it on evolution)

Years
    Lots of what came to mind is already mentioned, such as Electabuzz and Electivire to Electric/Fighting, Lake Guardians to Psychic/Fairy, Clobbopus and Grapploct to Water/Fighting, Florges to Fairy/Grass, Zeraora Electric/Fighting, Luxio and Luxray: Electric/Dark.

But Additionally:
    -Skitty line: make it Normal/Fairy as it should've been (and give it a 3rd stage while at it).
    -Skiddo line: Make it Normal/Grass. simply because of Deerling/Sawsbuck. If those are Normal/Grass, why the heck is this line not?
    -Eelektross and potentially Eelektrik. Eelektross has dex entries implying that it lives in the water and comes out of it to hunt for prey. Why is this not Electric/Water?
    -Lycanroc Midnight Form should've been Rock/Dark. The Dusk Form could've been Rock/Psychic, but I don't really feel like it should've been.
    -Minior, due to it's core form has always felt more like a Rock/Psychic type than a Flying type.
    -Volbeat & Illumise could've been Bug/Flying.
    -Solosis line. There are some dex entries in this line about the liquid surrounding it being highly toxic to anything, but itself. Make it Psychic/Poison.
    -Goomy line could've been Poison/Dragon. Sliggoo has an entry on it being covered in Caustic goo. Additionally the line lends itself to it aesthetically imo.

Years
    • Seen today
    Lugia is simply a giant bird that has immense psychic powers. It spends most of its time in the bottom of the ocean because its psychic powers are too strong. It is Flying-type because it's a giant bird that flies. Water/Dragon doesn't really make such sense because Lugia isn't a dragon and its only connection to the water is that prefers to dive in the ocean simply because its powers are too powerful for land. That's like saying that Mewtwo should be part Rock or Ground-type because he spends most of his time in a cave because his powers are too strong.

Lugia was made Psychic according to Shigeki Morimoto just because Psychic was considered a symbol of being powerful back in the day: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/75111222

Funny, because Dragon has allways been (stats-wise) the most powerful type, and Water has been consistently one of the most useful, and likely the most used, type all-around (at least for the in-game, for a lot of people a Water type is a must-have).

Meanwhile, the "powerful" Psychic type has never been top tier since Gen 1...

There's no actual lore reason for Lugia to be Psychic, since its strength (just like the strength of many other super powerful Pokémon) has nothing to do with psychic powers. Dex explains that its inmense power relies on creating devastating winds and storms, using its wings.

And yeah, "it has wings" has never been a decisive factor for Game Freak to make a Pokémon Flying type, see: Beedrill, Dustox, Flygon, Mega Altaria, Garchomp, Volcarona, Hydreigon, Reshiram, Decidueye, Ribombee, Naganadel, Flapple, Frosmoth, etc.

Flying has allways been a "low priority" type. Whenever a winged Pokémon already has other two types, Flying is usually left out.

Lugia's typing is fine because it works well from a gameplay standpoint, but it's definitely not the typing that makes the most sense with its lore.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Lugia was made Psychic according to Shigeki Morimoto just because Psychic was considered a symbol of being powerful back in the day: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/75111222

Funny, because Dragon has allways been (stats-wise) the most powerful type, and Water has been consistently one of the most useful, and likely the most used, type all-around (at least for the in-game, for a lot of people a Water type is a must-have).

Meanwhile, the "powerful" Psychic type has never been top tier since Gen 1...

There's no actual lore reason for Lugia to be Psychic, since its strength (just like the strength of many other super powerful Pokémon) has nothing to do with psychic powers. Dex explains that its inmense power relies on creating devastating winds and storms, using its wings.

And yeah, "it has wings" has never been a decisive factor for Game Freak to make a Pokémon Flying type, see: Beedrill, Dustox, Flygon, Mega Altaria, Garchomp, Volcarona, Hydreigon, Reshiram, Decidueye, Ribombee, Naganadel, Flapple, Frosmoth, etc.

Flying has allways been a "low priority" type. Whenever a winged Pokémon already has other two types, Flying is usually left out.

Lugia's typing is fine because it works well from a gameplay standpoint, but it's definitely not the typing that makes the most sense with its lore.

Lugia was seen using psychic powers in both the movie and the regular series anime. Thus, it makes perfect sense for Lugia to be Psychic-type. Nothing about Lugia is dragonic. Sure, Lugia's body is covered in scales, but that doesn't make it a dragon, as many non-dragons have scales. Maybe I should have rephrased that and said that Pokémon that fly and associated with the wind element are more likely to be Flying-type, not just simply having wings. Sure, the Pokémon you named have wings and fly, but they are more heavily associated with other elements and have other characteristics rather than an association with wind. For example, Beedrill and Dustox are more bug-like and associated more with being poisonous rather than with wind. Garchomp has more dragonic characteristics and is heavily associated with the Ground despite being able to fly. Flygon literally spend all their time in the desert and even have the nickname "The Desert Spirit." Despite that, I always viewed it more as Bug/Dragon than Ground/Dragon because it looks like a giant bug. Volcarona is more bug-like and associated with fire than wind. Reshiram is definitely more (or less) dragonic, but if you ask me, I'd say it also has characteristics of white direwolves commonly found in RPGs and Game of Thrones. Either way, it's more associated with fire than wind. Decidueye is definitely more spiritual than windy. Altaria? Well, I don't know how it's Dragon or Fairy-type in its Mega form. If anything, Altaria should be pure Flying-type because it's definitely associated with the wind more than anything. You get the idea. Lugia's signature move itself is even called Aeroblast, which implies wind. Its animation even shows it being very strong gust of wind as a blast. Lugia is very much Flying-type. I'd say that Lugia makes more sense as a Dragon-type than Altaria though, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Years
    • Seen today
    ^ The anime takes creative liberties constantly so it's irrelevant. Lugia has no actual psychic powers in the context of the games' lore.

It's Psychic just because they wanted it to be perceived as a powerful creature (while actually nerfing it, because it could have been given a more OP typing). Spamming the Psychic type on legendaries in the early gens was a common thing (Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Celebi, Latias, Latios, Jirachi, Deoxys... about a third of the legendaries were Psychic)

Flying makes sense because it can fly and can create storms, even if it doesn't fly often because it doesn't seem to fancy the skies much.
    Water would also make sense because it's literally called the "Diving" Pokémon, because storms have something to do with water, and because not many Pokémon can live at the bottom of the sea and be even called "Guardian of the seas" without being Water type.
    Dragon would also make sense since Ho-Oh is based on the mythical hōō (or Fènghuáng), the chinese phoenix which is usually paired with a dragon as its counterpart.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    Lugia was seen using psychic powers in both the movie and the regular series anime. Thus, it makes perfect sense for Lugia to be Psychic-type. Nothing about Lugia is dragonic. Sure, Lugia's body is covered in scales, but that doesn't make it a dragon, as many non-dragons have scales. Maybe I should have rephrased that and said that Pokémon that fly and associated with the wind element are more likely to be Flying-type, not just simply having wings. Lugia is very much Flying-type. I'd say that Lugia makes more sense as a Dragon-type than Altaria though, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
    being honest, i could even see lugia being a fairy tipe (water/fairy) than an dragon type. Even though dragon is the most "powerful" type, i think psychic would make sense.
    ----------------------------------
    -Charizard to Fire/Dragon. Actually, just make an entire regional variant line based on its Mega X form with said typing, because that one is even better than the original Charizard.
    look, the idea is sick and all but i dont think we need a charizard regional variant xD

that being said, i think im going to retype some starters for fun(most of them being adding a second type).

Gen 1:
    Blastoise: Water/Rock
    the reason i choose this is the shell, a lot of times tortoise shells are mistaken as rocks, and are hard as a rock, decided to not go for Water/Ice because lapras already has it.

Gen 2:
    Meganium: Grass/Fairy
    suprised it dint get Fairy typing back when it was announced on gen 6, since meganium is often related to healing and a fairy type would make it more viable.

Gen 3:
    Sceptile: Grass/Dragon
    Probably the one with less reason to it, i think its because of its mega, its a good typing.

Gen 5:
    Serperior: Grass/Poison
    Kinda of missed opurtunity, i mean: its whole design is a serpent, and while there are some serpents which arent poisonous, i think it would elevate it rather than being pure grass.

Emboar: Hmmm... just Fire???
    Honestly I don't even know why was it given Fighting type. It made sense for Torchic and Chimchar lines because it fit their themes well, and because the first gym in their regions was Rock type (so that all starters had an advantage against it)

Emboar is Fire/Fighting? i literally had no idea about that, and probably would have gone my whole life without knowing it, Game freak has something to FIre/FIghting starters it seems, i can see it being more than a Fire/Dark type tbh.
    Gen 8:
    Rillaboom: Grass/FIghting
    we never had a Grass/Fighting starter, so it would be cool to introduce this typing combo.
    Inteleon: Water/Dark
    it would be a nice way to relect its spy design, and even its colors reminds of the dark typing.
    -Cinderace to Fire/Fighting. Thanks Game Freak for pooling three Fire/Fighting starters in a row, so that the one which was perfect for the Fighting-type (and could benefit from STAB on moves like Low Kick or Brick Break) didn't actually get it. -_-

while i agree on Cinderace being Fire/FIghting, you have a good point: we have too many starters with that type combination. i could see it being Fire/Eletric, mostly because of its personality, Fire/dark or even Fire/Fairy (which would be cool since there is no starter with this typing)

Not sure if i would stand by all those retypings i made, but i like them.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I'm just gonna start things off by completely disagreeing the whole Chansey should be a Fairy deal. Was Chansey or the rest of it's line described to have mythical inspirations or connections? And the logic that just because similar mons are Fairies also seems wrong. I'm not even gonna bother with examples, just because some other similar mons are like that, so all mons must be like that. That literally makes no sense.

Also, soulzzii completely forgot Chesnaught's existence… and the new Decidueye form too. Both of them are Grass/Fighting starters.

I would also disagree with Cinderace to Fire/Fighting… simply because of the one time we had three Fire/Fighting starters in a row. They really should have done anything else for Emboar.

Now as for my contributions, Golduck should have been part Psychic and I don't get why it isn't, and a previous post reminded me Masquerain should have stayed Bug/Water. Sure it flies, but still. Also Grapploct to part Water. AND Flygon I will never understand why Flygon is not part Bug.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Flygon as Bug / Dragon is definitely a shout. Ideally changed Vibrava to Bug / Ground too. But I don't know if we've had Pokémon that through their evolution gain 2 new types before?

I think Altaria should be Dragon / Fairy, not just the mega evolution. When I heard they were retyping existing Pokémon it was an obvious Fairy to me, but it would be weird losing the Dragon typing.

Back