• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reusable TMs: Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have probably taught a bajillion Pokemon Flamethrower and Shadow Ball omg I love reusable TMs, idc about price increase, just reminds me of the economy so hell yes to reusable TMs. They are lovely.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    Lol, I'm probably like the only person that is so-so about this. Of course, being able to reuse TMs over and over again is nice. But for some reason, there's just something about this that really bothers me. I don't know if I'm so used to purchasing/obtaining TMs and actually having to be careful about whom I teach the move to, or if it's just too much of a change for me. I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly, though.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    well, it is supposed to be 20 years on fro D/P/Pt, and the technology of TMs must have improved since then. Now they don't break.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Finally! One-use TM's were such an annoyance, especially the unique ones (I used Shadow Claw in a very good move... for when I used it. Now that choice feels stupid because I'd rather it on a different Pokemon now :disappoin Why they waited till now, I don't know... but I'm happy they finally did it :D.

Years
    What? Reusable TMs yes this is good this is very good. Now I can use a TM on a pokemon without thinking later that maybe I shouldn't have used it on that pokemon because it won't break. Thank you Gamefreak.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    This is one feature I find very useful. Now I can teach my strong Pokemon moves like Earthquake without asking to trade for multiple Earthquake TMs.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    The only thing I don't like about this is it takes some of the TM's special quality away. But I'm glad that they made it so you can't just use em to restore PP for free.

Years
    There was always the option of cheating for infinite TMs (which was x99, I think?)

I do really love the idea of having an unlimited amount of TMs. Just in case, me being silly, I taught a Pokemon something it could learn in the matter of levels, or if I made a clumsy mistake and wanted it for another Pokemon. I'm serious. Why didn't they think of this sooner?! Anyway, having the idea of making them harder to find... of course they'd come out with something like that. But hey! I'm sure you still get TMs from Gym Leaders and markets and such.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I like them because now, I don't have to hack them anymore. It was stupid having to trade or restart for them and it is great that they listened to us.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm prolly the only one that doesn't like the Reusable TMs. Granted they removed some of the more powerful and useful ones, I still just don't like them and so far I have yet to use a Single TM on my Black due to my dislike of them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd rather TMs be usable two or three times, for there to be more of them, or to have all of them be for sale, but that's it. I'm ultimately indifferent to the notion of infinite-use technical machines, but wouldn't have made such a decision for the games myself.

Years
    The whole idea is TOTALLY amazing and cool! Its better as TMs are now the closest equivalent to HMs, with the boring exception that TMs can't be used outfield. This time, I don't have to worry about accidentally teaching the wrong move to the wrong Pokemon.(Like what I did in DP >.<) I wouldn't care about the costs, since Black City have trainers there to battle and earn money. Actually since 3rd Gen, I've never cared about spending too much Poke on items. I've like an 8-figure in my wallet. xD

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    Guess this means AR users may not see the x99 for every TM. Maybe.
    At any rate, yes, not having to reset for Gym Leader TM's or the ones found late game is handy. As is the restriction on asking for 'em in trade threads.

Now if only berries were infinite use...

TMs can't be used outfield.

TM Rock Smash exists.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    This new method is awesome! I have always wondered why you couldn't teach a pokemon a TM more than once, it made absolutely no sense at all :/ But now I wont have to hack extra TM's or clone pokemon holding them ^.^ I can teach my pokemon some of the most strategic and powerful moves whenever I want now, who wouldn't love this new method?

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    Just heard about this and I have to say that reusable TMs are one of the best things about 5th gen. However, some TMs are only obtained through the Battle subway for 36/48 BP and weather effect TMs are 50000 poke. Not to mention hyper beam and giga impact are 90000 poke!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back