• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revenge

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    Are you an individual who desperately seeks for revenge when someone intentionally wrongs or hurts you? Do you desire vengeance upon certain people? (i.e people who you have a bad relationship with or people who you just dislike or loathe). Is it within your nature to hurt people back or embarrass them after repressing a bad incident/encounter with them? Or are you one to hold back, forget, and move on?

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    No, I don't like revenge, it sounds pretty odd. I'm not that kind of person, whenever I'm angry I'd like to fix the situation as soon as possible as I don't want it to get more longer, so what I do is by talking calmly to them, and that helps.

Sap Sipper

Terrified of Bad Luck.
    Years
    Not really, unless having a go at someone when they hurt one of my friends counts. I like to think of that as justice, not revenge - they haven't done anything wrong to be apart from hurting someone I like.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I don't have many bad relationships with people so typically I don't really have many thoughts of vengeance to begin with. But if I do, I remember and if the opportunity comes, I just take a small bit of revenge on them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    No I dont seek revenge, have I wanted to yes, I have, but I did not do so, because it would just make things worse and intensify the conflict.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I have a tendency to contemplate revenge on someone if they wrong me, but I don't execute that revenge because like Shiny Celebi said, it may end up making things worse.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I used to do this a lot. If my father ever did something I didn't like or annoyed me, I'd go and trash his office a little bit or take money from the little coin jar he had in his top drawer (I only ever took like 20c tops at a time, so if he ever wants to sue me for fifteen dollars he's more than welcome lol). I considered it "payment for annoying me" lmao - I was such an obnoxious little thing.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I wouldn't desperately seek revenge, I will go out of my way to serve someone a cold dish of revenge if I feel that they have wronged me enough.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Not really. To be honest, I'm more of the hold-a-grudge-until-you-apologize type.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." "In taking revenge a man is but even with his enemy, by passing it up he is superior." "An eye for an eye makes the world go blind."

Revenge is just silly... . Two rights don't make a wrong.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I plan revenge, and I'll sometimes say negative things about the people who wronged me, but that's usually about how far I'll take any revenge plot. Though some of ideas for revenge that I can come up with can be pretty nasty. I don't seek revenge for every little thing, but if someone gets me angry enough...

I do hold major grudges, and the only thing that keeps me from acting on revenge plots is that I'm too busy with other things/lazy. Otherwise, I do have this stewing anger inside me...

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years
    I don't actively seek revenge because I feel it's wasteful, but I will accept it. Or rather, if something bad or some form of poetic (or relevant) justice happens to someone who wronged me, there's the possibility that I'll take some degree of joy in it. It really depends on the nature of what happened.

When my ex-girlfriend called me one night after the guy she left me for broke her heart, the only thing on my mind was making sure she was okay and cheering her up. She was a good person and didn't really wrong me, she just made a choice that wound up hurting me. Prior to the actual call, I felt lot of spite over what happened, but that totally changed the moment I heard how much pain she was actually in. She didn't deserve it. I do draw lines.

On the other hand, one of my best friends recently got a new girlfriend, and suddenly has eyes only for her. He won't even stop swooning over her like some kid that's never touched a woman before long enough to help out one of his friends (me) who's in a potentially dangerous situation. If she dumps him and he winds up without any real friends to turn to because he kept blowing them off and ignoring them when they needed him, I will relish it like a fine, fine wine.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Not really. Generally people won't annoy me enough for me to want to get revenge. Although there have been times where they have annoyed me enough and at those times, I'm somewhat ashamed to say that I have usually got revenge in one way or another. It's usually really subtle though and nothing that can be traced back to me, but it's also sometimes horrendously malicious and I feel really bad afterwards lol. ):

Years
    I"m not one for revenge. It takes effort, and honestly I can't be bothered. They can't have wronged me that much. Besides, even if I did get it, I don't know if it'd actually make me feel any better. :/ Oh, and I try not to do bad things in general if I can absolutely help it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. Revenge and me don't particularly go all that well together, for that reason.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    The only time I used 'revenge' was on games. "My army has lost!? REVENGE! ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO ME"

So yeah, I don't actually ever go vengeful on anything serious, at all. I'm not certain about the future, though, I do not exclude the possibility to become vengeful for some strong emotional reason. That's my belief.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Yeah I'm the revengeful type when it comes to people intentionally hurting me or my loved ones, I'm not very fond of just letting others hurt what I hold dear and get away with it. Unless it was something that went back 5 to 10 years ago then I don't bother.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't desperately seek revenge. It really depends on what the person did. If you damaged something of mine, you bet your ass I'm going to retaliate. If you do something smaller (can't really think of anything), I'll just let it go. I'm really laid back and don't take many things seriously, so it usually requires someone to go out of their way to harm me for me to turn to revenge. Most of the time, the best type of revenge is mental revenge.

Back