• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revolution v. PS3 v. Xbox360

The new generation

• Revolution

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Play Station 3

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Rev first, perhaps ps3

• Rev first, perhaps 360

• ps3 first, perhaps rev

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • ps3 first, perhpas 360

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 360 first, perhaps rev

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 360 first, perhaps ps3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of them cause i'm just that rich!

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    I heard the Xbox360 has gliches and stuff like that.
    (why get a system thats messed up?)
    And I don't like any of the games on it any ways. . .

the PS3 looks okay.
    Some of the games look cool but meh. . .

Now the Revolution looks schweet!!
    It has all the games I like (Super Smash Bros., Legend of Zelda, Mario, ect. . .)
    And its a game system, not "all these things in one and make the price go way high" systems.

So I vote the Revolution!!:D

EDIT: The new Revolution controller looks cool, you can move your hands apart and not have them jumbled up in one sopt.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's way too early for anybody to start predicting which next-gen system will be #1. I'll worry about which new system is the best once all of them come out and have been on the market for about 6-8 months. Then, I'll decide.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    It's really impossible to judge at this point. Only one is out.

I'll be buying a revolution, and a PS3 when they come out, if not a few days later.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
  • has anyone here played an xbox 360? i want to hear the stats from an actual person and not just websites(even though those come from people, but you get my point)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Nedrag Terces12 said:
    has anyone here played an xbox 360? i want to hear the stats from an actual person and not just websites(even though those come from people, but you get my point)
    Does playing it at Wal-Mart count? (there's a member in the Nintendo Fan Club that has played it at his cousin's house. I think it was Poke-Rev, sorry if I'm wrong).

The movie grapics are killer and I don't think the PS3 or Rev will match that. But the in game grapics are just a tad better then this gen's. Nothing to go "OMG!!!" over.

(The Rev I'm going to do different because I am a Nintendo fan, and I really don't know of another way to do it XD)

N-Revolution: Download all NES/SNES/N64 games. Play both GC and Rev game disks. Wi-Fi gaming. Free online gaming. Wireless LAN. Download Play (tied with the wireless LAN). Wireless Controller. Small size. Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Characters. The Controller itself.

Download all NES/SNES/N64 games: For a price (Nintendo has always been low on prices, so it won't cost an arm and a leg) you'll be able to download all games from the NES, SNES and N64. You pick the games you want to download, pay for them and you'll be able to download them to your Rev (or the SD Flash Cards).
    Play both GC and Rev game disks: The Rev will be able to play all your GC games. So you can put your GC away and just use the Rev to play both Rev and GC games. And since it's able to download old games you'll be able to play over 20 years of gaming from Nintendo on one game system.
    Wi-Fi gaming: The Rev will be Wi-Fi. So no more cables tying you up when you're playing games online.
    Free online gaming: As we all know Microsoft has "X-Box Live" and you got to pay for that to play games online. And I heard somewhere that Sony might also make people pay to play online. But Nintendo on the other hand will have free online gaming (if you got a game like Final Fantasy and it's online then you'll most likely have to pay, because they are using their own servers and not Nintendo's).
    Wireless LAN & Download Play: If you own a DS then you know about Download Play with it. All you got to do is have a game that's able to download play and people can battle and play off of one game card. The Revolution will be able to do the same thing. If you have 2 Revolutions but one game then it'll be able to do download play (just like the DS). Now since it has Download Play then it's got to also be wireless networking (aka Wireless LAN). What I get from this is, I can be in one room playing a game and my brother in another room with another Rev playing the same game and us battling each other. If it's like an FPS or a racing game then no split screen, we both have our own full screen TV. If you invite friends over and if you got enough TVs (and if they got Revs) then all of you can get together and have a LAN party.
    Wireless Controller: The Revolution controller is going to be fully wireless (the 360 still has wired controllers as well as wireless).
    Small size: The Rev is the smallest out of all three. Size does not equal power. The GameBoy Micro is way better then the GBA and SP, but also way smaller. The Rev will be small so you'll be able to take it with you really easy. Doesn't look like it'll be that heavy and since it's small it'll be really easy to take to a friend's house or take with you on a trip.
    Super Smash Bros: If you have the GC then what is one of the best (if not the best) games for it? I'm sure most will say SSBM, it's just a plain fact that it rules. But what would make the Rev way way way better? Duh, a Super Smash Bros game. It's going to be a starting game for the Rev (meaning if you go buy the Rev the day it comes out, you can pic up the SSB game as well). And better yet, the SSB on the Rev is going to be online. So now you can get on PC and go "Hey, want to battle me on SSB?".
    Nintendo Characters: Who else out there had Mario, Pikachu, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox McCloud, as well as lots of other games and tons of other characters. Nintendo is the only place you'll find so many big named characters just for that company. Nintendo owns the rights to more game characters then Sony and Microsoft put together.
    The Controller itself: Some of you may or may not like this. But to me it's going to be great. You'll be able to play an FPS and be able to shoot and not just move around with the control sticks. You'll be able to play an LoZ game and be able to swing the sword and fight. You'll be able to play fishing games (ok that does sound boring XD). Or how about being able to shoot a bow and arrow (it tells how far you're away from the TV so you can hold down A, draw back and let go of A to shoot). You got some music you want to mix or make, you'll be able to do that. If you like baseball you'll be able to swing the bat. How about using it as a flashlight in dark places on games (a gun mounted flashlight on a Resident Evil game would be good). Open your mind to all the things it can be able to do, from a boxing game (have one controller in one hand and another in the other) to flying a jet (using that as a control stick or tilting it up to go higher or down to go lower). Almost anything can be thought up with the controller. And at the end of the day you think "Wait, how am I going to play SSB with the controller". Well I don't think you will. I bet to play SSB on the Rev you'll use a shell for the controller. Nintendo has said they will also be making a shell for the Rev controller where it fits within the shell and the port on the bottom plugs into the shell (the shell will be something like the GC controller).

To me Nintendo's system will truely be a Revolutionary game system.
    (dang, I did it again, I ranted about the Rev again XD).

Sony PS3: The in game grapics of the PS3 look great, just the best out there (you can't find in game grapics better then that). I also got games on there I want, like Tekken 6, Final Fantasy and others. It has 7 controller ports (a lot of good 7 ports will do me) as well as USB ports, and you'll be able to plugin more wired controllers in them. It will have Blu-Ray CDs, and them holds far far more deta then DVD-ROMs. I think it'll be able to play both PS2 and PS games.

XBox 360: The movie grapics are the best, even out does the PS3 (I'm telling you they look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo real. I was shocked when I saw 360 trailers on G4, them movie grapics are so good they look real). Has a nice feel on the controller and reacts well. I love the changeable faceplates on it. And it also has games I want, DoA4 (for me it's a HAVE TO GET game), Call of Duty 2, Full Auto and others. It uses HD-DVD disks. It holds more then normal DVD disks but not as much as Blu-Ray. It'll play X-Box games, but only 200 X-Box games. So chances are, you'll still have to keep your X-Box dusted because you have to keep it down to play the games.

Over all to me the Rev is best. I'm a Nintendo fan so the Revolution is the number one pick for me. Everything about it just makes me want it so bad.
    But me and my brother will be getting all three systems (about a week ago we talked about and we said we're also getting a 360). So no game gaps for us this time around. But at the very top of my list is the Revolution.
    No I don't know how we're going to pay for all three. All of you could send me money (if every single PC member sent me a dollar then I'd be rich), or rob a bank one. XD

Years
  • If the Revolution does give players the ability to download older Nintendo titles, that'll give it a big advantage over the PS3 and Xbox 360 because everybody loves to play classics every now and then.

But off topic a bit... I feel like my opinions in game threads don't matter because of the pro-Nintendo bias.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
  • i do admit, at least 80% of us are pro-nintendo, but you can still say whatever you want

anyways, arcanine, so you say it's mostly just graphics, and the controller isn't that bad? do MANY xbox(and 360) games have games that have a cool story, puzzles, and gameplay other than totally massacring what's in front of you?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Nedrag Terces12 said:
    i do admit, at least 80% of us are pro-nintendo, but you can still say whatever you want

anyways, arcanine, so you say it's mostly just graphics, and the controller isn't that bad? do MANY xbox(and 360) games have games that have a cool story, puzzles, and gameplay other than totally massacring what's in front of you?
    If you're trying to put up Nintendo by putting down the 360 then did you read any of my post about the Revolution (it's more then 1/2 of my post)?

If you're saying to make me question my reasons on getting a 360 so I don't get one then don't try it.

If you're asking me if the X-Box and 360 has them type of games then you're asking the wrong person, I haven't touched an X-Box since it first came out (I played it in Wal-Mart and played one game), and I have only played Call of Duty 2 on the 360.

That should cover your question from all angles, take your pick the one you were asking.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • That's the problem with 'real' fanboys, they get too over-protective.

I am a Nintendo fanboy, I admit, but you have to give credit where credit's due and the graphics of the other two systems are awesome. I am actually getting the 360 first since it's out but I have no doubt in my mind that the REV will be the best. It will be way more fun than the other two IMO because of the controller. Graphics aren't everything but they sure are something. I will get all three, so there.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
  • well spoken(or typed) poke-rev. it's true that ps() and xbox(360) do have the more impressive graphics of the generations. but still

importance of gameplay and game preferance > the best graphics
    that's why people still love the NES/SNES classics.

Makoto

Years
  • ups: PS3 and X360 have better graphics, Rev has Mario and Zelda....
    to me, all the controllers for the next-gen Systems suck....
    • PS3 controller: looks like a boomerang, and hard to control
    • X360 controller: too many buttons everywhere, kinda big and blocky
    • Rev Controller: bad button layout(having to reach down from control pad to button back to control pad in a split-second)
    The PS2 and GC controllers were great.... the next-gen systems(and original Xbox)? not so much...
    But just so all those rabid Xbox fanboys out there and I are clear, i'm not dissing the Xbox. It rocks. It has Halo! It just has a bad controller...

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
  • There is a rumors, saying that the ps3 controller will be changed.

Reggie said that there will be a controller adapter so it can be like the gamecube controller. (Club nintendo year 14, no. 12, page 20)

About xbox360, it have come out.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • Those rumors are false Zero ex, Sony has said that the PS3 controller will remain as is. Also, Dylan, the 360 controller feels very good in your hands and have you actually tried the PS3 controller or Rev controller, from what I hear Sony chose to give their controller that design for a reason: it feels very comfortable(I can't imagine it does but that's what I heard). I know nothing about how the Rev controller feels so I will say nothing.

Anyways, the Rev has Zelda, Mario, Metroid Prime, SSB, and the controller so, yeah.

Ati

Staff User
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    I would say X-Box 360:)

Well i never saw ps3...

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
  • i think most of the gta's(if not all) are available for pc. i don't keep updated with it though so...just a guess.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • I quite like the 360 controllers... but the games are mediocre to say the least, and the graphics.... to tell the truth, they looked like 'Harvest moon: a wonderfull life' to me. At least, the grass, trees and water did. I was pretty disappointed.
    Quite frankly I don't think the graphics are that important. It's more the games, the speed of it loading and the controllers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back