• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revolution v. PS3 v. Xbox360

The new generation

• Revolution

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Play Station 3

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Rev first, perhaps ps3

• Rev first, perhaps 360

• ps3 first, perhaps rev

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • ps3 first, perhpas 360

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 360 first, perhaps rev

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 360 first, perhaps ps3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of them cause i'm just that rich!

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Happy Dude said:
    Oh how sad you are....

Does anyone know how good the 360 will be i mean sony is just crap i wouldnt even waste my time.Plus the 360 has free xbox live.

Actually isn't Xbox Live like 70 bucks a year??? The premium pacakge only comes with a 30 day trial, from what I heard.

Thatrs why I like Sony/Nintendo, their online play is usually free and thats what I like ;P

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Revolution definitely #1. Xbox 360 is cool but about the only good game for it is Call of Duty 2. Revolution will get games from the Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid franchises and therefore have better games. PS3...just sucks.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Yeah, you only get X-Box live free for a little while and then you have to pay.

I will get all three systems eventually but Nintendo is the best. The controller will change everything, that's what iGN said.

Here's a link for all threee systems on why to get one:

PS3: https://ps3.ign.com/articles/668/668446p1.html
    360: https://xbox360.ign.com/articles/668/668897p1.html
    Rev: https://revolution.ign.com/articles/670/670500p1.html

The Rev one was already posted but I thought I would post it again.

Cloud_boy

FML
    Years
    I got an X-box 360 a week ago, and it sucks!
    I Sold in on E-bay for $950, so now I want the PS3.

Lord Jacek

The Greatest Superhero
    Years
    I'll probably buy PS3 then X-Box 360. I've had my PS2 for 3 1/2 years i think and i've never had a problem with it and I like all the games that come out on it. I'm just hopeing that you can play PS2 games on it.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Definetely XBox360 than others. It can play some of its xbox games and it has mp3 player, and CD/DVD player

PS3 doesn't seem to have interesting games. Or maybe its just because I have no interest in games like Final Fantasy or Tales of Symphonia and all that stuff.

And Nintendo Revolutions just plays the older games. Its nicer than the PS3, but I already threw away all my Super Nintendo games. They released that console a little bit late, don't ya think?

XBox360 actually looks nicer, and has good games just like XBox did. I mean, it has games like Conker Live and Reloaded, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Call of Duty 2, and more.

That's just my opinion. :/

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Happy Dude said:
    Plus the 360 has free xbox live.
    X-Box Live Silver is free, you'll be able to have a buddy list and might be able to play a few card games online. But X-Box Live Gold is the one that you can play games online (I think it has like a 30 day free thing with it). So before you say "free xbox live" you might want to look it up.

Greed said:
    And Nintendo Revolutions just plays the older games. Its nicer than the PS3, but I already threw away all my Super Nintendo games. They released that console a little bit late, don't ya think?
    Must not have been checking on the Rev. The Revolution lets you download old games. But what makes you think it "just plays" old games? If you still think it plays only old games then check out my post on page 2 (it's like the longest post in this thread, you can't miss it).

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    X-Box Live Silver is free Andy you just said X-box live silver is free which is still X-Box live i never said i could play online enabled games from it.

*sigh*

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    To answer your question kurosaki...

Mario The World Champion said:
    Once the PS3 comes out, it will only solidify Sony's place at the top of the video game food chain!

Xbox and Nintendo are still going to be relegated to 2nd and 3rd place. And that's all she wrote!

Then you said right after his post and quoting it too
    Kurosaki said:
    It'll most likely end up:
    1) Sony
    2) Nintendo
    3) Microsoft

Basically like it is now between PS2, GC and XBOX.
    he JUST said that once ps3 comes out it'll be first and then 2nd and 3rd will be rev/360. don't have to say the same thing twice do we now?

Greed, you are WAY off. before you say something, you should make sure it's right.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Happy Dude said:
    X-Box Live Silver is free Andy you just said X-box live silver is free which is still X-Box live i never said i could play online enabled games from it.

*sigh*

Then what is the point? The purpose of X-Box Live for the actual gamer is so you can play online not so you can download demos and videos, that's just a plus.

Nintendo wi-fi is free and you get to play games online. You will have to pay for some of the old games but not a lot.

Kurosaki

he JUST said that once ps3 comes out it'll be first and then 2nd and 3rd will be rev/360. don't have to say the same thing twice do we now?

Greed, you are WAY off. before you say something, you should make sure it's right.
    "Xbox and Nintendo are still going to be relegated to 2nd and 3rd place. And that's all she wrote!"

Yes, BUT he didn't specify which would be where in the ranks, I then gave what I thought it would turn out like. Geez.

Alex The Great Master

Zeophyte in Eternal Exile
    Years
    Well, I'm a Nintendo fanboy, so I'll buy Revolution. Actually, I've heard rumors it will cost 149 dollars (really cheap) and is a powered up X-Box, so it isn't really next-gen, except for the revolutionary controller and Wifi. My brother came up with the idea of buying XBox 360 this year, but I don't like 360 at all, because it lacks games right now.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Alex The Great Master said:
    Well, I'm a Nintendo fanboy, so I'll buy Revolution. Actually, I've heard rumors it will cost 149 dollars (really cheap) and is a powered up X-Box, so it isn't really next-gen, except for the revolutionary controller and Wifi. My brother came up with the idea of buying XBox 360 this year, but I don't like 360 at all, because it lacks games right now.
    The revoulution will lack games when it comes out to...

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Arcanine said:
    Must not have been checking on the Rev. The Revolution lets you download old games. But what makes you think it "just plays" old games? If you still think it plays only old games then check out my post on page 2 (it's like the longest post in this thread, you can't miss it).

The real problem I got with the Rev is that frigging controller. :/ Its motion sensitive and all, but I mean it progressed too fast. I mean how in the hallebait am I suppoused to control the game with a little control like that? The controller's -too- small and we already got problems with oversized controllers already. Motion sensitive is great, but it'll take me some time to get used to.

XBox260 has some kicka-ss graphics, a smaller controller, XBox Premium Live, and it has some great games coming out in the future. Such as Soul Calibur III, the next sequel to Grand Theft Auto (actually it'll go to either PS3 or the 360, depending which is more popular), and other great games. Oh, not to mention that very nice console design. <33 Besides I don't want to waste my time downloading games, I rather buy them and just play it already. :/

Its such a shame that the XBox360 is so hard to get these days. .-.; Its the first new system to come out and all these video game nerds are rushing to Best Buy to get it. lol

On Ebay bids have already gone up to $10,999,999 ._.; gee, that's a lot of money even for me :p

Last edited:

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
    Xbox 360 is crap, my cousin bought it, and it has lot of glitches, the greaphics aren't so cool, and you must pay to play online. As I see it xbox 360 will be in third place.

the rev. can play old games, but how much will it be each game. 3$, 10$, 20$? We don't know.

So far ps3 is the best, for me, though it will not have free online, but I know most of the rpgs will be there and e resident evils to.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Reply to Nercrap Torso12:: PS3 is just a console with few interesting games and its the same as the xbox360 anyway~ And besides, it looks soo cheap ;D Its basically the same as PS2 but with new games :p Get with the freakin century, darling~

Reply to Zero ex:: Apparently consoles usually have glitches when the system comes out first. :/ Then they're suppousedly better, I'm getting mine on February because by then the creators should have fixed the problems :/

..geez, am I the only freakin person with the XBox360? :/

Years
    If any of you are planning on getting an Xbox360, I think it's a good idea to wait a while and see if these glitch problems go away with a new batch of systems.

Also, if you have to pay over $10,000 for a game system... you're crazy. Hope you hit the lottery to pay for it.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    Greed said:
    Reply to Nercrap Torso12:: PS3 is just a console with few interesting games and its the same as the xbox360 anyway~ And besides, it looks soo cheap ;D Its basically the same as PS2 but with new games :p Get with the freakin century, darling~

Reply to Zero ex:: Apparently consoles usually have glitches when the system comes out first. :/ Then they're suppousedly better, I'm getting mine on February because by then the creators should have fixed the problems :/

..geez, am I the only freakin person with the XBox360? :/

LMAO!!!!! you really entertain me Greed, i never thought my name could be incorrectly spelled in such a manner, and fyi, it's Nedcrap(if you can even make your own joke right, LOL!!)another pointer, I'M NOT A SONY FAN!!!!!! ONCE AGAIN YOU HAVE VERY BAD SOURCES, MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU POST!!!!

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Nercrap Torso(I'm saying it like that because I want to~) you just make the lamest arguments.

And I wasn't saying you were a Sony fan ::gasp:: Or is that ps3? I'm so uninformed on Sony crap.

And if you're going to argue with me, then stop acting like a twelve-year old -_-; And cut it out with all your "omfg I'm smarter than ch00" crap. In my point of view, you're just a tedious n00b with 300 posts ;P nyaah~

Anyway~ moving on. I agree with Mario, its best to wait some time before buying new consoles.

The manufacturers should be releasing the good 'ol Xbox360 soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back