• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Richard Steel's Battle Stadium

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
Years
  • You have quite the amazing team there! I could barely scratch you. I suppose I should EV train my team a bit more, and work on some different strategies. What would you recommend that I do to prevent a humiliating loss like that in the future?

AbareMax

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • You have quite the amazing team there! I could barely scratch you. I suppose I should EV train my team a bit more, and work on some different strategies. What would you recommend that I do to prevent a humiliating loss like that in the future?

AbareMax

You do have a good team, however you have a massive BoltBeamer weakness, and the only mock-special wall you had (Slaking) was completely walled by Gengar; or by any Ghost Poke, for that matter. It just took me a few turns to find out what was on him, and I predicted the last.

Your Slaking has Slack Off/Hyper Beam/Giga Impact/Focus Punch, all completely walled by any Ghost, who will see it as a free switch in. Basic rule of thumb for making any decent moveset is to not have two moves of the same attacking type (ie, Giga Impact and Hyper Beam). And Hyper Beam is a special attack! Special attacks shouldn't be anywhere NEAR a Slaking. XD He hates them with a passion. So get rid of that on Slaking, and replace it with something that would make his mother proud.

To be honest, I didn't really see most of the moves your guys had... Starmie took them out too quick (second time Starmie completely swept, actually). The only thing I could say is that most of your team was weak to Ice type moves, so you may want to put a good Steel type in there. And maybe get a few more Walls - Sweepers can serve their purpose, but Walls let Sweepers prepare. ;)

Also, for your Aerodactyl, is it a Jolly nature? If not, breed for Jolly. In my opinion, for Aero, Jolly > Adamant. Aero has such low Defenses, the best thing he can do is outrun his opponent; he might have even OHKOed Starmie with a Crunch (not sure about your choice in Thunder Fang), but Starmie outran you.

Just my 2cents!

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Hey richard would you mind an IV battle since i need to check some iv's cause im rebreeding my entire team since i realized that i screwed up ev training them

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • thank you well just tell me when your done battling pidgey.

Hey Soul, just come on WiFi and let's do it; pidgey doesn't look like he's coming on in a big hurry, so why waste time waiting? ;)

Just disconnect when you're done, or run. Whichever you prefer. Disconnecting won't affect your record, so that might be better.

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Hey Soul, just come on WiFi and let's do it; pidgey doesn't look like he's coming on in a big hurry, so why waste time waiting? ;)

Just disconnect when you're done, or run. Whichever you prefer. Disconnecting won't affect your record, so that might be better.

ok ill be right in.

i decided that im going to build up an army of pokes so that my team won be the same every single time =]

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • ok ill be right in.

i decided that im going to build up an army of pokes so that my team won be the same every single time =]

That's what I'm doing, actually! And Milotic is a VERY good choice. I have one myself, and switch between her and Starmie a lot. I luvs my Milotic. <3

Okay, I'll just sit idle and chill. Like I said, D/C when you've got all your numbers down!

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • thanks for your help richard. =]

No problemo, pal! Let me know if you need any help with Milotic's EVs, because she is so very awesome.

Oh, but be careful and save before you try to evolve her with Poffins, because if you don't do it right, a good-IV Feebas will be flushed down the toilet. At least, that's how it was in Emerald... not sure how good a job Poffins do.

EDIT:

I'm coming on now, pidgey.

EDIT II:

Metagross outrunning Gallade?
    Hmmm... I guess there's a first time for everything!

Good battle, though! Garchomp and Electivire I always look out for, and in many cases I have to sacrifice a Poke to take them out. But MY Garchomp is my personal little Electivire killer. :D

Last edited:

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Well, I am now open for battles!

Anyone want a go?

And if you win!... well, I'm not about to give you a Lugia or Tyranitar! I will, however, go on voice chat and play the piano for you. XD

Back