• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Richard Steel's Battle Stadium

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
Years
  • Ah, I know why luigi's team is good. As he is using blaziken, no1 woud wanna bring our their physical wall which is usually a steel type. Time to breed some koffings..

Infernape and Blaziken can be natural SkarmBliss killers, AS LONG AS they have a Special Fire move. Flamethrower and a strong Fighting attack. Very few can kill SkarmBliss in and of themselves (Dugtrio is a Blissey killer, while Magnezone is a Skarmory killer, but it goes only that far), but the Fire/Fighting typing is perfect. A STABed Flamethrower (mathematically) does the same damage to Skarmory as a STABed Thunderbolt.

That's why my team generally fears Fire/Fighting typings... however, Starmie's Water/Psychic typing completely cancels them out. ;)

Cakekun: A Weezing, eh? Interesting... don't see many of those around. But also, very few know of the tremendous power Weezing can hold. *nervous*

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • I won't be here tonight -_-, going away till next sunday going to an awesome camp though.

Hmmm... well, since I work at a golf course, I get off for the rain. It's already stormy here, but nothing too serious. You could always do the rain dance until I get a call that I'm either off or coming in later, and then we could battle? XD

Hey, it's worth a shot.

Luigi264

just call me Dr. Eggman
    Years
  • Hmmm... well, since I work at a golf course, I get off for the rain. It's already stormy here, but nothing too serious. You could always do the rain dance until I get a call that I'm either off or coming in later, and then we could battle? XD

Hey, it's worth a shot.

you work at a golf course!!!!!! thats cool!! how big is the course!!!!!!( yeah i like golf but i have a 90 degree slice O_o )

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • yah that is pretty awesome, and what do I do if a noob Disconnects on me? do I report him or what?

Nah, you just stew on it for a while. There's no rule against disconnecting, but it is a noob thing to do, unless it's truly a bad internet situation.

And Luigi: It's a mini golf course! I hate normal golf... I consider it an arrogant sport that takes up way too much space. I always say, how much land would we have and how many complexes could we build for the homeless if every acre mindlessly taken up by golf courses were suddenly free? We'd practically cure ourselves of the homeless syndrome.

I mean, every golf course has an average 75 acres of land (and can have as many as 150 acres!). That's a lot of space for a ball the size of a jawbreaker. Too much space.

But that's just me (sorry, going off topic in my own thread... how lame).

EDIT: (more mathematics): there's nearly 32,000 golf courses in the world, and approximately half of them are in the USA. That's 16,000 golf courses, about, we have. If you go by an average of 80 acres per golf course, that leaves us with a grand total of 128,000 acres of land that's occupied by golf courses. Am I the only one who thinks that is just ridiculous how much space is filled with people meandering around in stupid cloths, trying to get a little ball in a little hole? I mean, how much intellect is involved in hitting a ball with a crooked stick... walking after it...and hitting it again! I say, pick it up and put it in your pocket, you're lucky you found the thing! Go home, you're a winner! [/GeorgeCarlinRant].

Last edited:

Luigi264

just call me Dr. Eggman
    Years
  • Nah, you just stew on it for a while. There's no rule against disconnecting, but it is a noob thing to do, unless it's truly a bad internet situation.

And Luigi: It's a mini golf course! I hate normal golf... I consider it an arrogant sport that takes up way too much space. I always say, how much land would we have and how many complexes could we build for the homeless if every acre mindlessly taken up by golf courses were suddenly free? We'd practically cure ourselves of the homeless syndrome.

I mean, every golf course has an average 75 acres of land (and can have as many as 150 acres!). That's a lot of space for a ball the size of a jawbreaker. Too much space.

But that's just me (sorry, going off topic in my own thread... how lame).

don't worry about it. its your own opinion and i cant change that. but i think golf is fun! like i always say, don't disk it if you have not tried it, eh?

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • he's at mini golf XD, would you like to fight me instead?

That I was. :P

I was handing out clubs and scoopin' ice cream!

I always tell the owner, the best thing I do for the business is talk to people. I have a tendency to be extremely charismatic and friendly, so I've got people who come back just to see me. I'd make a perfect public relations personnel.

Anyways, despite my Taco Bell tummy ache (started with the Taco Burps, then the Taco Farts, the Taco brick, and is soon to be the Taco Poops), I'm open for a few battles!

EDIT: Sure thing, Beasty. I'll get on WiFi in a few!

Sir Beasty

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • me richard, i wanna battle you!
    :)

thanks for the battle richard!
    you knew my whole team before we started!
    haha.
    the team is working pretty well,
    m getting better and better at using it,
    it just takes so much predicting to use...
    its really hard.
    so far i have 6 wins and 2 losses.
    i love this team, i just need to get more familiar with it.
    thanks again for the battle, and thanks for helping me with the dream team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Good battle, Beasty! I never knew how truly scary Starmie is.

Also, your Gyarados had me sweating, since I wasn't completely sure if Starmie would outrun it after a Dragon Dance. Metagross is my usual Tauntrados killer, but he was gone by then. Alakazam didn't see any real action, but I think Spiritomb stole the show!

PS: If you know you're going up against a Blissey, be REALLY careful with your Gyarados and Swampert, because they're the only two who can stop Blissey from pwning your entire team by herself. She could have taken out Starmie no problem, but I wanted Spiritomb to get a bit more time on the field.

Sir Beasty

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Good battle, Beasty! I never knew how truly scary Starmie is.

Also, your Gyarados had me sweating, since I wasn't completely sure if Starmie would outrun it after a Dragon Dance. Metagross is my usual Tauntrados killer, but he was gone by then. Alakazam didn't see any real action, but I think Spiritomb stole the show!

PS: If you know you're going up against a Blissey, be REALLY careful with your Gyarados and Swampert, because they're the only two who can stop Blissey from pwning your entire team by herself. She could have taken out Starmie no problem, but I wanted Spiritomb to get a bit more time on the field.

yeah, i was really hoping gyara would outrun starmie but i guess not...
    i know you use meta to kill him (learned from our last battle :) ) so i didnt wanna send him out til meta was down.
    and that spiritomb really pissed me off!
    haha, i was never really sure if you were gonna switch gengar so instead of using surf for the switch i kept using psychic.
    haha.
    i hate predictions....
    it was a great battle though.
    even though i only killed two pokes but oh well.
    haha.

Years
  • Richard, I want to battle you and you won't answer me. I hope you know that's childish. The least you could say is no and not be a jerk about it. *hmph, jerk*.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Richard, I want to battle you and you won't answer me. I hope you know that's childish. The least you could say is no and not be a jerk about it. *hmph, jerk*.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been available much of late, because of my job. I normally did one or two battles a night, and it was whoever responded at that moment. Sorry about that, but tonight I'll be able to take a few battles, so be sure to respond when I get on!

Back