• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rip wordpad

Years
  • so for those that have not heard the news, after 28 years, microsoft has decided to kill wordpad - a basic word processor included with windows since windows 95

a few years ago, microsoft tried to kill paint as well, but later reversed course.

do you think that wordpad is dead for sure, or do you think it could stay?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I do kinda wonder if they'll just add some basic formatting functionality into notepad instead. They already updated it for the first time in years recently to give it tabs, so maybe that's a sign of more to come.

It's kinda sad to see Wordpad go but also I don't know anyone who's even thought about it in like past like 20 years so I don't think it will really be too terribly missed.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • I think Wordpad is dead for sure. Updating Notepad to have basic functionality is very unlikely because MS Office, why Microsoft would turn Notepad into free alternative for their own product.

Back