• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Rival's name

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
Years
  • I usually called him Douche. Or Dutch insults. I was like 7 so you shouldn't really expect any better.

Nowadays I just name him Blue, his default name in the games cause I lack imagination.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Anyone ever have a playthrough as AAAAAAAA with the rival AAAAAAAA. Had a friend that started a game while falling asleep.. wouldn't stop mashing that A button I guess. I STILL make fun of him for his laziness. :P

Hahaha, one of my most recent playthroughs of Red I did this because I was soooo lazy. lol.
    But usually I just call him Blue or really unorthodox names, as I tend to do for every character by calling them either their manga counterpart or... whatever I think of at the time. hehe x'D

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I called him "Son" once, so professor Oak would say "Son?" And I was like, No that's your grandson idiot!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    I can't remember, its been so long. I remember I always tried to make it comical. I remember for Crystal, I think, I named him STD.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I named him "...uhh"
    That way anybody that mentioned him would look like they forgot his name and continued right along with what they were saying.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    The filter won't allow for my rival's four letter name

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • Now, either Green or Gary. :P When I was younger I think I gave him some other regular name if I felt like it, like Kyle, or something.

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • -Gary.
    -Blue.
    -Various swear words/phrases.
    -My younger brother would always start new games on my carts and name him "Poop" Sigh..

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I only ever played Red in Japanese, so I named him カズ, based on what I named him in FireRed, Kaz.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    Gary, Blue and then I got bored with that so started naming him rude names. I know for sure "Douche" and "Idiot" were two of them.

Years
  • I think Pokemon Yellow was the only time where I didn't give my rival the default name. Unless Gary was actually the default in Yellow instead of Blue, and if that's the case, feel free to ignore me :P

Back