• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [RMXP] ROM Hacker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

School days again...
Years
  • What will I do if this message appears:
    "No palette found for icon000.
    Please ensure that the icon only
    uses colours from just one icon palette."

Here's my problem again but I saw the icon, it has already its true colors.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    What will I do if this message appears:
    "No palette found for icon000.
    Please ensure that the icon only
    uses colours from just one icon palette."

Here's my problem again but I saw the icon, it has already its true colors.

Mind posting the icon? Try replacing the colours with the ones from a palette in the Icons folder.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Hello Wichu thanks for creating this tool for us.
    Maybe adding a good cry replacing tool since with sappy everything needs to be repointed to add dp crys maybe you could create something that we won't destroy other crys without repointing.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • I got an erra with the new version trying to insert icons
    [RMXP] ROM Hacker XP

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • Hello Wichu thanks for creating this tool for us.
    Maybe adding a good cry replacing tool since with sappy everything needs to be repointed to add dp crys maybe you could create something that we won't destroy other crys without repointing.
    that's not possible. If a cry has more samples than the original the cry in front of it will get screwed up.
    In R/S and FR to repoint cries (since repointing doesn't allways work)
    open up a hex editor find the first free space offset possible after the offset 0x800000. Write it down.
    Then select the 'goto' function of your editor (if your hex editor doesn't have this get a better one) go to the offset of your pokecry table (which for FR is 0x48C914). Now minimize the hex editor, switch to pokecry. Now find the pokecry you want to repoint.
    For example firereds bulbasaur cry is at 0x50FBC4
    Then the pointer is ........................0x08C4FB50
    see how i got that?
    the offset is 50 FB C4
    Now rewrite them flipped as you would to get a color value from VBA pallette viewer
    C4 FB 50
    then because it's a pointer, add an 08 to it. and you get 08C4FB50.
    So back to the hex editor.
    Search for the value 08C4FB50 and you will get the part in your file that says where bulbasaur's cry is at. Now get the pointer to your free space offset. and change the 08C4FB50 to 08XXXXXX
    now re-open your rom in sappy. if your using FR input the table in the correct text box. Otherwise (if you are using Ruby) pokecry will automatically fill that in. Now load your cry into pokecry. Set the value of the textbox Poke-Id to 1 (bulbasaur) and push samples. This should make the SampleOffset box set to the free space offset you had earlier. Push "encode", then push "dump" push yes to overwrite and you should hear a (lower quality, but recognizeable) version of your pokecry. It won't sound as clear as the original wav, but it won't be screaming static at you and you have kept the original pokecry, and avoided overwriteing the next one.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I got an erra with the new version trying to insert icons
    [RMXP] ROM Hacker XP
    I think your problem is that you have file extensions turned off, so your file is called icon252.png.png :P I'll fix this in the next version (it will recognise files named like that), but for now, try deleting the .png from the filename.
    This is the icon. It's on the attachment.
    The lightest shade of grey on your icon is off ;) It's hex value is BDBDBD, when it should be B8B8B8. The tool auto-corrects palettes to the nearest GBA-compatible colour. However, BDBDBD is closer to C0C0C0, so it would have assumed you meant that colour. Recolour the lightest shade of grey to the one on the palette :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    A question are you going to create a go back to menu option.
    like lets say you go to the edit icons part.
    you can't go back to menu without restarting the program...

School days again...
    Years
  • I think your problem is that you have file extensions turned off, so your file is called icon252.png.png :P I'll fix this in the next version (it will recognise files named like that), but for now, try deleting the .png from the filename.

The lightest shade of grey on your icon is off ;) It's hex value is BDBDBD, when it should be B8B8B8. The tool auto-corrects palettes to the nearest GBA-compatible colour. However, BDBDBD is closer to C0C0C0, so it would have assumed you meant that colour. Recolour the lightest shade of grey to the one on the palette :)

It's still the same. The message still appears.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    A question are you going to create a go back to menu option.
    like lets say you go to the edit icons part.
    you can't go back to menu without restarting the program...
    You should be able to press Escape to go back. I forgot to add that to the instructions; I'll also add a button for it.
    It's still the same. The message still appears.
    Hmm... Are you sure you've edited it fully? Check the colour values for each colour used; the RGB values should all be divisible by 8. I'll make it round both up and down and check if either of the rounded values matches in the next version, so if you can't get it to work now, it will definitely do so in the next version :)

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Here's something, not really an error.

In the actual Firered, try using an encounter code right after the bad egg (hex 019C), the game does not actually look at the sprites that should match up with it, it just uses the same ol' ? in a circle. I'm not sure if there is a way around that, but I am only saying, that is not how it is in game.

By the way, I would +rep you, but it is telling me I have to spread it around... Though I have to have repped someone new by now...

Years
  • Here's something, not really an error.

In the actual Firered, try using an encounter code right after the bad egg (hex 019C), the game does not actually look at the sprites that should match up with it, it just uses the same ol' ? in a circle. I'm not sure if there is a way around that, but I am only saying, that is not how it is in game.

By the way, I would +rep you, but it is telling me I have to spread it around... Though I have to have repped someone new by now...

We found a fix for that in the 65535 Pokemon thread. Look there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Everytime I try to edit a sprite, it says there's not enough free space space, aborting. What do I do?

Insert it into free space. Use HackMew's Free Space Finder to help.
    I'll try adding a feature to insert it in the next block of free space in the next version.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • for some reason paint when it asorbs the collar automatically changes the collars from blue to purple-ish can you fix my icon sprite to be with the right platelet wile staying blue
    [RMXP] ROM Hacker XP

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Icons can only have certain palettes. If your icon doesn't match one of them, you're out of luck.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2011
    Icons can only have certain palettes. If your icon doesn't match one of them, you're out of luck.
    Hi I am narutoactor using my friends account because mine is not working at the moment.
    It has the same platelets has lantern so it should work but in paint when I absorb a collar the collar changes do you think you can fix my icons

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    This program is perhaps the most difficult to operate tool available for romhacking. The interface is atrocious. Not only does it require you relocate your roms for it to find them, it has NO backwards navigation. If you want to use one feature of the program and then switch to another, you have to restart the go'ram program.

That all being said, thank you for writing it. The levitation and sprite positioning tool is the only one of its kind.

But just because you monopolize on the functions of this tool doesn't mean you have to be so lax in your interface design. Your tool is just a pain to use. If I had another choice, I would prefer anything to your tool.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    This program is perhaps the most difficult to operate tool available for romhacking. The interface is atrocious. Not only does it require you relocate your roms for it to find them, it has NO backwards navigation. If you want to use one feature of the program and then switch to another, you have to restart the go'ram program.

That all being said, thank you for writing it. The levitation and sprite positioning tool is the only one of its kind.

But just because you monopolize on the functions of this tool doesn't mean you have to be so lax in your interface design. Your tool is just a pain to use. If I had another choice, I would prefer anything to your tool.
    um....well this program has been released only about 2 weeks ago, that is why it has bad graphics because wichu has been busy programing it, also there is backwards navigation, just press the escape key...I agree, currently the program is a little rough with it's design, but if I'm correct, version 1.0 was programed in about 3 weeks no?, finally this program is updated almost 3 times a week, it's already good enough that he is working on this program for free.

Finally I would want to say one last thing, this is the only program with an icon inserter, and sprite positioning tool, so of course it will have its bugs.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    it's already good enough that he is working on this program for free.
    True enough. Beggars can't be choosers.

Finally I would want to say one last thing, this is the only program with an icon inserter, and sprite positioning tool, so of course it will have its bugs.

Why will it inevitably have bugs? So what if he doesn't have somebody else's code or design to salvage/pirate?

That's my main qualm with solo programmers. They think like programmers. They frequently overlook the mindset and needs of their users because they don't even know the mindset and needs of their users.

In my opinion, every programmer needs a commoner (or community of commoners) to tell them what's wrong with their tools. The best tools are the ones that were developed to the specifications of non-programmers.

I realize that I cannot have my way in the development of this tool unless Wichu feels a desire to give me my way, but he can't very well meet the needs of the public he releases to unless he is told the needs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back