• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Rocket Science - A Kanto Journey [T](OOC)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Rocket Science - A Kanto Journey [T](OOC)
    Rocket Science - A Kanto Journey

Where It All Began

Just like any other day, the sun rises up from the east over Pallet Town. But for eight future trainers, this day bears a striking difference from any other day in their young lives. This is the day they will receive their first Pokémon from Professor Oak, with a Pokédex as well, and begin their journey to collect the eight Kanto gym badges and one day hopefully become the champion of the Kanto region. Professor Oak has also given these eight trainers the task of studying and collecting information on the Pokémon that reside in the Kanto region, for reasons that have not been made clear yet.

So these trainers are going to enjoy a peaceful, danger free journey right? Yea right, that would be no fun. Many Kanto citizens have been reporting criminal activity by an organization called Team Rocket. Stealing Pokémon and wearing ugly uniforms, typical bad guy stuff.

The twist is, the sighting of Mew. Citizens have been reporting multiple sightings of Mew, but not just one, but two Mew. One being the normal pink colored, but a few sightings have also featured a blue Mew. Is there a connection between Mew and Team Rocket? Or are they two separate situations happening coincidentally at the same time? Do I like eating waffles? The answers to the questions lie beneath a large amount of Role Playing posts, and yes you have to write them.

RP Mechanics

Chapters - This will be a chaptered RP; at the beginning of the chapter I will post things such as catchable Pokémon, events, items that can be found and the description of the area. At the end of the chapter, I will level Pokémon up; assign new moves, and tasks like that. The next chapter will start once everyone is finished the current chapter. When you have finished writing for the chapter, please VM me so I can remember.

Pokémon – Levels will be a factor in the game, all starter Pokémon will be Level 5. You do not have to wait for approval to catch a new Pokémon, as long as I say it can be found in the current area.

Gym Leaders/Elite Four – When you are ready to challenge a Gym Leader/The Elite Four, message me and I will PM you the team of the Gym Leader/Elite Four.

Law Of The Land

• Follow all PC and RP Corner Rules
    • This is a T rated RP, check the RP Corner rule thread to see what that entails.
    • Reservations last for approximately 48 hours
    • Respect the GM and your fellow Role-players
    • Try your best to post twice a week at least, I understand if real life becomes an issue, it's happened to me

Starting Pokemon

Level 5 - Hardy Nature
    Moves: Bullet Seed, Harden, Bide

Level 5 - Sassy Nature
    Moves: Ember, Tail Whip, Hypnosis

Level 5 - Derpy Docile Nature
    Moves: Splash, Tackle

Level 5 - Jolly Nature
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Thunder Wave

Level 5 - Bashful Nature
    Moves: Leer, Rage, Bite

Level 5 - Serious Nature
    Moves: Psybeam, Reflect, Confuse Ray

Level 5 - Lonely Nature
    Moves: Tackle, Sharpen, Conversion

Level 5 - Quirky Nature
    Moves: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite

Pokemon Trainer License Application

Name: (First and Last, no funny business)

Appearance: (What do you look like, picture or text)

Personality: (Likes? Dislikes? Strengths? Weaknesses? Habits? Fears? Preference for Waffles?)

Goals: (What goals does your character have their eyes set upon)

Starter: (Which Pokemon do you want from the list, 1 RP'er per starter on the list)

Role-play Sample: (A post from you in another RP, or a post with the character you have made for this RP)

Other: (Any extra details?)​

Accepted Trainers

Julius Caesar as Logan Ellsbury (Magikarp)
    Lacangel as Tobi Athens (Solosis)
    Minerva as Zaira Montes (Vulpix)
    Shaymie the Shaymin as Ariadne Williams (Mareep)
    Eeveeandmew as Heather DeRuiter (Gastly)
    GastlyGibus as Marachi Lee (Seedot)
    Midorikawa as Mozilla Foxx (Porygon)
    <Challenger> as Alexander Martin (Sandile)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    @Minerva: Reserved for Vulpix!

@Shaymie: Reserved for Mareep!

My SU will be on the way

Years
    Name: Ariadne "Ari" Williams

Appearance: Actual picture on the left, chibi on the right~ :3
    Spoiler:
    Ariadne stands at almost 5'6 feet tall. She has fading bruises on her arm that she prefers to not talk about. The tips of her hair are dyed blonde.

Personality: Ariadne is nice and friendly to people that she knows or considers her friends. To strangers, however, it's a totally different story. Ari is afraid to open up to people, since she thinks that they'll call her a freak or hurt her. She's easily pushed around and will often do whatever people tell her to do if it means that she can avoid confrontations with them. She will often mumble things to herself to calm herself down. Ariadne doesn't like being in crowded places and will avoid them if she can. She doesn't think much of herself and has very low self-esteem. She hates to see anybody get hurt, but she thinks that she wouldn't be much help to them.

Goals: Ariadne wants to prove her father wrong and show that she can do things on her own.

Starter: Mareep

Role-play Sample: This is my first post from the Hoenn Diaries. :3
    Spoiler:

Other: Ariadne wears clear contacts.

Placeholder for now. I'll finish tomorrow after school. Done~

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
    If you were to reserve me for Sandile, I would love you forever ;)

Name: Alexander "Alex" Martin

Appearance:

Height: 6'3

Personality: Alex is not easily described in a few words. There are many different aspects of his personality, but the most prominent is his easy-going, fun-loving self.

Goals: Alex has one simple goal: To prove to the world that he can stand up against the best

Starter: Sandile

Role-play Sample: (A post from you in another RP, or a post with the character you have made for this RP)

Other: (Any extra details?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Name: Logan Ellsbury

Appearance:

Height: 6'5"

Personality:

Some would call Logan Ellsbury competitive, while others may call him a jerk. Either way, intense is a trait that both angles could agree on when it comes to Logan Ellsbury. Logan tries hard at everything, from making his bed, to sports, to school work to Pokemon training, Logan's main purpose in everything is to be the best. Logan doesn't take no for an answer, and is extremely persistent to wanting things his way. One could call him a spoiled brat, and he does show flashes of that, he is also a hard worker and doesn't take his opportunities for granted. Logan is overconfident and displays flashes of arrogance, placing a high amount, sometimes too much faith into his knowledge and abilities. This has led to some embarrassing blunders for him in the past, which drives him to work even harder. Logan isn't a friendly person per say, but under the right circumstances he might decide to tolerate your existence. As a Trainer, Logan studies and practices his craft, but lacks that certain caring touch with his pokemon, instead being the "demanding coach" type. Logan enjoys the outdoors, being active and long walks on the beach. Logan is not one for sitting around and doing nothing, and often looks down upon those who do. As for his opinion on Waffles, that's a secret that is much to early to tell.

Goals: Logan is driven to become the pokemon champion of Kanto (cliche I know but the persona makes sense)

Starter: Magikarp (KARP KARP)

Role-play Sample: I know how I role-play,

Other: Nope

EDIT:

@Challenger and @Lacangel: Reserved for Sandile and Solosis!

@eeveeandmew: Pending. You need to add a lot more to the Personality section, and a bit more to your appearance. I'd suggest looking at my SU, that's at least what I expect, read other people's SU's in other RP's and see what they do because you need to beef your SU up quite a bit

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    @GastlyGibus: Reserved for Seedot!

A quick question for everyone signed up, would you like to start the RP by getting your pokemon from Prof. Oak or would you like to just start on Route 1?

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016

Height: 5'8

Name: Tobi Athens

Personality: Tobi's only concern in his life is strength and power. He greatly dislikes people who he deems weak or he feels has a weak desire. He comes from a long line of very wealthy and very successful pokemon trainers. Ever since birth he has been told to show no signs of weakness and to always be strong. Being at such a young age Tobi embodied that but at the same time still did not fully understand why his parents felt that way. Tobi is nearly a genius and because of that he is always several grades ahead of what kids his age should normally be in. By time he reached his final year in school he had gone through so much bullying and been picked on so much by the older kids for being smaller and younger than them and naturally weaker than them he turned to his pokemon battling skills for protection becoming ruthless in battle and can come across as rude to weaker trainers. When Tobi does meet a person t he is very friendly in his own ways. He likes to be competitive with friends as well as a very loyal friend. Tobi does have a soft spot for people and pokemon that show a fiery passion because they remind him of himself and can be seen dropping his walls a little and becoming a caring person in his own way. When Tobi finds himself in a losing situation he often withdraws from whatever the situation is, claiming it was a waste of his time or pointless, though after sometime he reflects and is harsh on himself for not preforming up to his absurd standards. This habit comes about from Tobi's greatest fear, the fear of being weak. Deep down Tobi does have the ability to be kind and caring but it is just masked by his coping mechanisims he has developed over his past. People who know Tobi the best often are understanding of his emotions and despite his sometimes harsh attitude towards them often help him. Maybe one day Tobi can meet a friend or a rival that can teach him and help him let go of his past and to stop being angry and uptight. Tobi does love himself some blueberry waffles.

Goals: To become the greatest pokemon trainer of all time, anything less would be a disappointment.

Starter: Solosis

Role-play Sample:
    Spoiler:

Other:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    @Lacangel: Accepted! Welcome aboard. Just put your character's height in, that goes for everyone using pictures for appearances.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Finished with mine. Lemme know if more info is needed.~

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    @Minerva: Accepted! You went above and beyond, welcome aboard.

Keep 'em coming folks, and if you know someone who wants to join we need a trainer for porygon.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    @Shaymie: Accepted! Nice SU great to have you in the RP! Expect me to type Ariande multiple times lol, I'll get used to it

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
    Is it to late to join?
    Cause if it isn't, here's William Bill Parton.

Personality: Cheerful, but rather unoptimistic.
    Appearance: At 6'2" feet tall, he's rather tall for his age, and he weighs approximately 143 pounds.
    Goals: He really just likes training Pokemon, so his goal is juat to be a great Pokemon trainer (doesn't expect that to happen though).
    Starter: Porygon (named Static)

Also, can Pokemon talk in this?

Last edited:
    Back