• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Rocket Science - A Kanto Journey [T](OOC)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    @Nidoking: It isn't too late to join. But with that, you are Pending. You need to add a lot more to your personality section, and add a role-play sample. If you haven't been in a RP before, write a post with the character you made for this RP.

And, @eeveandmew's reservation for Gastly has expired, it is open now

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
    @Nidoking: It isn't too late to join. But with that, you are Pending. You need to add a lot more to your personality section, and add a role-play sample. If you haven't been in a RP before, write a post with the character you made for this RP.

And, @eeveandmew's reservation for Gastly has expired, it is open now

So...could I take Eeveeandmew's?

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Updating
    Name: Heather DeRuiter

Appearance: Shoulder length bright red hair(like Misty's in color), dark brown eyes, very light skin, a few freckles, and is slightly short and thin. Thinks she looks perfect, but she does not. Favorite outfit: thin light blue shirt with jeans and purple earrings. Always brings a deep blue suitcase with wheels and backpack straps on it with her.

Personality: Heather is a very smart girl, but would rather be friendly than always prove everyone wrong. She likes having fun more than anything, but cant stand heights. If forced into a battle she may panic. When in a dangerous situation, she may break down, but will defend her friends if she has to. She likes being in a small group of no more than 4 people, otherwise she can't think straight and will mess up if pressured to much. If she meets a new pokemon, she wont battle it right away. She will sit and think about the pokemon's strengths and weaknesses and make her decisions based on facts.

Goals: Wants to find rare and cute pokemon, and wants to be the best with the pokemon she chooses, not what is the strongest.

Starter: Gastly

Role-play Sample: A girl blinks the blinding light from her eyes as a shape shakes her awake. As her father's Gallade comes into focus, she sits up in her bed, hitting her head against gallade's head. As she hops out of bed, her red hair coming out of the loose braid it was tied in, she runs to her closet, pulls out her favorite outfit, and heads downstairs for breakfast. When she gets downstairs, a calendar faces her. As she checks the date one last time, she heads to the kitchen. Grabbing a bagel, she whispers, "At least dad is not up. He always burns it." Quietly heading to the door, a voice behind her speaks. "Going so soon, Heather? The suns hardly up! Your pokemon can wait!" "Dad, I can't wait much longer. I can't wait to leave beyond the forest, to find new friends! Don't you understand?" A long pause followed. "I do, Heather. Just... just wait a little while. the pokemon can wait for you."

Other: (Any extra details?)

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
    Years
    Well... shoot...

I can honestly say I was going to have a drastically different character for this RP. But as I was writing out his sign-up, my browser crashed and I lost everything... le sigh...

Anyways, I wasn't in the best of moods today as it was, and I don't feel like writing it all over again. So instead, I'm going to take this sign-up I wrote a while back for a different RP and use it, edited to fit within the confines of this one, of course.

Name: Malachi Lee

Appearance: Malachi is around 5'10", with an average frame. He has shorter, pitch-black hair that is slightly ruffled and swept to the side, giving him a young, rebellious look; his long bangs would cover his eyes if they were not swept to the side. Malachi has smaller, brown eyes, with light skin that is slightly tanned, but only barely so. His body build is average over-all, without being over-weight or too thin. Personal looks are not important to him, being perfectly content to just run his hand through his hair, throw on a T-shirt and some loose jeans and call it a day.

On most days, Malachi wears a simple T-shirt with loose fitting jeans that drape slightly over his sneakers make up the entirety of his lower-body, with simple black and grey lace sneakers on his feet. On colder days, a black zipper-hoodie will usually be worn on top of his normal clothes.

I'm a writer, not a visual artist, dangit! :P

Personality: Malachi is a very friendly and generally nice guy, assuming you get to know him. He's rather shy and distant, preferring to keep to himself most of the time. He has only a few close friends, with most everybody else being considered only acquaintances, and as a result few people know him very well. He'd like to have more friends, but is usually too shy to really introduce himself to new people. Once someone is considered a good friend though, Malachi really opens up. To his friends, Malachi is friendly, polite, and a nice guy to just chill with. A good listener and, usually, a very relaxed person.

For better or worse, Malachi is also opinionated. He is dead set in his beliefs, morals, and goals, and it is extremely hard, if not impossible, to sway him from his views and opinions unless presented with clear and undeniable evidence showing him to be wrong/misguided. To most outsiders, this makes Malachi seem a bit arrogant, though it's just how he is. Perhaps the strangest quirk is his cynicism regarding himself. When it comes to other people, Malachi tries to encourage them and make them feel better about themselves, but regarding himself he is very cynical, hardly ever expecting a good outcome from his own actions. He's not depressed, as he can have a lot of fun with friends, just less-than-optimistic regarding important life decisions.

Goals: Malachi is looking for adventure first and foremost. While winning the pokemon league and "becoming a pokemon master" are all well and good, it's not his main goal. He wants something to break away from the monotony of "normal" life, and at the moment, a pokemon journey sounds like the perfect thing for him to really experience something new.

Starter: Seedot

Role-play Sample: Taken from the now-defunct Pirates of the Whirl Islands RP.
    Spoiler:

Other: Malachi has a strong preference for waffles. xD

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Julius Caesar said:
    @Minerva: Accepted! You went above and beyond, welcome aboard.

Honestly I wasn't aware of how long you wanted to be, so I assumed 2+ paragraphs. Plus, every detail counts, heh. xD

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
    Okay then, I'm taking Porygon. Let's rewrite my character profile, shall we?

Name: William Bill Parton.
    Appearance:
    Rocket Science - A Kanto Journey [T](OOC)

Height and weight: Roughly 6'2", weighs 143 pounds.
    Personality: Bill is cheerful, but not very relaxed. Whenever he sees or hears something scary, he freaks out. He is rather unoptimistic, yet he looks forward to the future at the same time. He isn't to smart, but in a mental sense. I. E. he never thinks things through before doing them (that includes talking). He is, however, very good at math (though if you ask me a math question, I'm grabbing a calculator and using the results as his answer).
    Starter: Porygon. He named it Static (if I can make him do that).
    Backstory: When William was 10, his father, Alexander A. Parton, was bitten by a wild Arbok. Unfortunately, he did not survive this.
    Family: His family consists of his 5-year old little sister, Wendy W. Parton, and his mother, Andry H. Parton.
    Sample: Okay, so I admit. I haven't been in any other roleplays yet. This is sorta my first go round. So, here is a sample (if I am playing this, this is my first turn)
    William B. Parton woke up that morning to make a very important decision. Today he was going to get a Pokemon. He had been denying it to long; he needed to get one at some point. Ever since his father's death, he had been... scared to get a Pokemon. They scared him. But now , he thought, I am going to get one.
    He checked his sister's bed. Wendy was not there. What? he pondered. Where is she?. Confused and somewhat annoyed, he walked downstairs. There was his sister, eating breakfast at the table with his mother. "Good morning," said Andry-his mother.
    "Mother," Bill replied, "I've decided."
    "Decided what?"
    Bill gulped. "I've decided to get a Pokemon."

That should be good enough for ya. Also, can Pokemon speak English in this?

Midorikawa

Ryuusei Trainer
    Years
    Name: Mozilla Yuri Foxx

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Mozilla has long blonde hair that reaches to about his waist, and purple/white eyes. He generally wears boots with large white t-shirts, and blue jeans. His bag is a simple brown leather ragged traveling bag,and he has a large black jacket. His back is covered in scars. He stands at 6'4''

Personality: Mozilla isn't particularly anti social as much as socially awkward. He often pauses as he speaks, however he is thoughtful and for the most part can get along with almost anyone. He loses this lag in speech when he is really into a subject or when he going off on a tangent. He is highly against the abuse of females, and often fights with a male he discovers is beating one. He oddly enough does not care about females doing the same, feeling that its retribution on the males for what they have done. He doesn't show emotions often, and seems to not have any, he is however a master at faking them. He sees men as pigs, and feels the same way about children as he does women.

Goals: Mozilla wishes to learn more as he lacked education growing up. He also wishes to gain strength to protect others.

Starter: Porygon.

Role-play Sample: This is from an RP on another site:
    Spoiler:

Other: Good thing there was no history section. His history isn't pretty.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    @eeveeandmew: Of course they can, feel free to make one up!

@GastlyGibus: Accepted! Welcome aboard.

@Nidoking: Pending. Honestly your SU is a little on the short side, and his qualities sort of cancel each other out. I'll give you a day to improve your SU, if not I gotta give it to Midorikawa.

@Midorikawa: Read the last sentence I typed to Nidoking. If he gets his SU up to par, I'll keep you in mind if a spot opens up

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
    Fine. I'll try again (and if it doesn't work this time, I'm using him for a didferent roleplay)
    Name: William Bill Parton.
    Appearance:
    Rocket Science - A Kanto Journey [T](OOC)

He is... guess I have to rewrite this part again, don't I?
    Height and weight: 6'2" feet tall, 142 pounds.
    Personality: Bill is panicky and easily scared. He is pretty shy and nervous, and in many ways, not very lax. He's unoptimistic, and is very depressed. He normally doesn't think things through before doing them. Although he isn't to smart in many areas, he is very good at math. He is very serious, and doesn't get along well with people (at least not often).
    Backstory: (enter copy and paste mode). When William was 10, his father, Alexander A. Parton, was bitten by a wild Arbok. Unfortunately, he did not survive this.
    Family: His family consists of his 5-year old little sister, Wendy W. Parton, and his mother, Andry H. Parton.
    Sample: William B. Parton woke up that morning to make a very important decision. Today he was going to get a Pokemon. He had been denying it to long; he needed to get one at some point. Ever since his father's death, he had been... scared to get a Pokemon. They scared him. But now , he thought, I am going to get one.
    He checked his sister's bed. Wendy was not there. What? he pondered. Where is she?. Confused and somewhat annoyed, he walked downstairs. There was his sister, eating breakfast at the table with his mother. "Good morning," said Andry-his mother.
    "Mother," Bill replied, "I've decided."
    "Decided what?"
    Bill gulped. "I've decided to get a Pokemon."
    Andry choked a bit, then looked at Bill. "Wh-what?" she stuttered.
    "You heard me," Bill replied.
    His mother let in a deep sigh, then said, "Bill, are you sure about this?"
    "Yes."
    "Then come."
    Andry walked out of the room, motioning Bill to follow.
    "Wendy, you stay there," Andry said.
    When Bill and Andry left the room, Andry said "Bill, I'm worried about this."
    "What do you mean?" Bill replied in a worried tone.
    "it's just that you have been terrified of Pokemon ever since..."
    "I know," Bill interrupted. "But, I just feel like I have to."
    "Okay then. You can go."
    Bill started to walk off, but then he heard his mother say "Wait. Come back here first."
    Bill followed his mother as she led him to a small closet. She opened the closet, then handed Bill a small bottle full of a purple fluid.
    Bill gulped. "Arbok antivenom," stated Bill. His mother simply smiled, then gave Bill a flashlight.
    "Yes," said Andry, "I am worried in more than just the one way." She gave a chuckle, then said, "Bill, please, be safe."
    "Yes mother," said Bill. "I will"
    He hugged his mother as a form of goodbye, then went into the kitchen to say goodbye to his little sister before starting off on his journey.
    "Wendy..." Bill started. Wendy gave Bill a hug, and said "Bye brother."
    "Goodbye," said Bill in return.
    Bill stood up and walked out the door.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've been creeping on this rp for a while and after reading some of the SUs I decided that a link to

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=116591

this would be in order. Don't feel offended cause I was recommended it when I first started out and it helped me a lot! Happy posting guys :3 (sorry Julius but I really felt like i needed to do this XD)

Don't worry if I knew this existed I would of posted it

EDIT: Now that I read through it, Heysus I could use some of this advice

@Nidoking: I think your personality section got smaller o.o anyways, I don't find it up to standards, so if you are gonna use it for a different role-play then I'll give the spot to Midorikawa.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    His name will be... Hunter. I don't care that it evolves into a Haunter. {XD} Also, how will i evolve him into a gengar?

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
    Sorry about taking so long with my SU, guys. I've been working on a big project that I should've been working on a long time ago. It's due Monday, but I should be done later today. I'll work on my SU as soon as possible! I swear!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm surprised no one asked me for advice after submitting a SUPER LONG AND EXTREMELY DETAILED SU. xD But really, I'm here if anyone is still struggling in coming up with details on their characters. I have a wide imagination, so I do go crazy when creating characters. xD

Any word on the IC?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    IC will be submitted once <Challenger> gets his SU in, and for trade evolutions no trades will happen but for those who have trade evolution pokemon I'll make up a special event for you that evolves your Pokemon.

Back