• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rockets Rising (T)

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Gym Leader Kelvin
    Ecruteak City Gym

"Um..." Kelvin tugged on Jack's sleeve. "I think this might be the gym leader." He noted her distinctive appearance and greeting.

"W-would your name happen to be Chinika?" He stuttered a little in the fear of being wrong. "Jack and I are gym leaders. Specifically from Cianwood and Olivine." He bowed politely after greeting himself. It at least seemed to the be the right thing to do.

"We come bearing b-bad news." Bad news was never a good thing to hear. He shuffled his feet slightly. I'm messing this up, aren't I?

"Sorry." This was both an apology for his uncanny behavior and for being the bearer of bad things. The former was what he hoped she wouldn't pick up on.

Kelvin hesitantly brought the advertisement to the woman's attention. "Chinika needs to see this."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gym Leader Chinika
    Ecruteak City Gym Entrance

Chinika was first a bit surprised, and then amused, at that they didn't realize that she was the gym leader. They had expected a man! Hmpf. Women did just as well as gym leaders, if not better.

"Um..." Kelvin finally tugged on Jack's sleeve. "I think this might be the gym leader."

Chinika couldn't help a smile, despite the clenched situation she was in. She hoped Ray had gotten out of the gym alright and that Miharu, Kellyn and Aryll weren't coming just yet. Because if they arrived now, there was nothing she could do about it. Or was there?

"W-would your name happen to be Chinika?" Kelvin stuttered a little in the fear of being wrong. "Jack and I are gym leaders. Specifically from Cianwood and Olivine." He bowed politely after greeting himself. It at least seemed to the be the right thing to do.

Chinika pondered for a split second if she should lie... maybe tell them that Frederic was the gym leader and get the hell out of there... but no. The trainers in the gym knew her and would blow her cover. Plus, it wouldn't help at all in the long run. She'd better just act normally. As if she wasn't with Team Rocket. She could do this. If she hadn't been good at acting, she wouldn't have been so successful so far, in TR and all.

"Yes," she said with a bubbly smile. "I am Chinika. Nice to finally meet you, Kelvin and Jack! What ever brings you all the way to Ecruteak?"

"We come bearing b-bad news," Kelvin said nervousely, shuffling his feet slightly. "Sorry."

Chinika's smile faltered slightly, but of course it was an act. She had the feeling that something she recognized was coming up. She was probably not the only Rocket member who had thought about making a move and someone was bound to have noticed something. Maybe even... their leader had started something. But, without telling them? Really?

Not letting her thoughts shine through, she nodded. "Bad news? What kind of bad news?"

Kelvin hesitantly brought an advertisement to the woman's attention. "Chinika needs to see this."

He held out a poster and Chinika took it. A jolt struck her spine but she stood still. It was an advertisement poster about joining Team Rocket. Hah... she had seen this in many places, but not in Ecruteak. Her grunts wouldn't dare doing something like that in her own city. But they might have done it in other places, to shift focus from Ecruteak... she'd have to take it up with her underlings later.

She must have stood quiet for several seconds, and suddenly realized that. She cleared her throat. "This... this is... quite disturbing," she said, making her thoughts look like pure confusion.

"Where have you found this? In your cities?" She looked up at them and waved the poster in the air. "I haven't seen them in Ecruteak, actually... Let's hope they are too much of a bunch of cowards to dare to advertise in other cities than the outer ones. Like Olivine and Cianwood. Still..." she pretended to think hard. "Have you noticed anything else suspicious in your towns?"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Miharu Mizushima, Violet City Gym

Miharu paused slightly, her head tilting as she focused. There was something in Ecruteak City's gym that was bothering her. She closed her eyes and focused as much as she could. She could sense a couple of people around the gym, but she needed auras, the people themselves. She focused a bit more and her eyes opened. Indigo Association members? If she read the auras correctly, they were Kelvin and Jack. She sighed. It seemed that they could not head to the gym for awhile.

She walked outside. "Kellyn-san, it is not yet safe to head to Ecruteak City yet. There are two IA gym leaders there."

Years
    Gym Leader Kellyn
    Violet City

"Kellyn-san, it is not yet safe to head to Ecruteak City. There are two IA Gym Leaders there." Kellyn heard the words in his mind as soon as Miharu walked out the door. He tensed up a bit, but Leviathan calmed him down. He sighed and took his hand off of Leviathan's silky-smooth scarflike appendages. He paced around a bit until he decided what he wanted to ask.

"Which ones?" He murmured, so quiet that he was sure Miharu couldn't hear him. Luckily, she was probably able to read his mind, and he didn't bother to repeat the question. He whipped out a walkie-talkie and pressed the button on the side. "Kellyn to Tomcat, Kellyn to Tomcat; do you read me, Tomcat?"

Felicity was befuddled when Kellyn's voice came from the walkie on her belt. She picked it up and pressed the button. "Go for Tomcat," she said back into it.

"What is your position, Felicity?"

"We're halfway down Route 35. Why?" She stopped her jeep and signaled for the others to follow suit. She got out and walked into the woods to the right, not even bothering to look for anyone watching.

"Stay there. Two IA Gym Leaders, Kelvin and Jack, are at Ecruteak. Hide the jeeps and yourselves and try to make your way back here!" Her boss's voice was giving way to static.

"Yes, sir!" She whispered into the walkie, and clipped it back onto her belt. She poked her head out from between the tres, a twig getting stuck under her pea-green baret. "Get the jeeps in here and start hikin' it to Violet, Grunts!" She seemed calm and confident, but on the inside she was as unsure as a little boy on the first day of school.

"Good." Kellyn hid the walkie in his pocket and brought out a Poke Ball. "Leviathan, return," he said, and she disappeared in a flash of red light. He looked at Miharu, a look of total seriousness on his face. "What should we do, Miharu?...san?" He looked puzzled at the addition of the "-san," but he thought he did a good job. He scratched his head and waited for some sort of telepathic response.

Years
    Gym Leader Jack
    Ecruteak City Gym

At this point Jack was a bit embarrassed by the fact that he couldn't recognize the behavior of a gym leader and was silent throughout the proceedings and just watched as Chinika took the poster and read it. "This... this is... quite disturbing," she said but she didn't look as surprised or shocked as Jack expected.

"Where have you found this? In your cities?" She asked as she looked up at them and waved the poster in the air. "I haven't seen them in Ecruteak, actually... Let's hope they are too much of a bunch of cowards to dare to advertise in other cities than the outer ones. Like Olivine and Cianwood. Still...Have you noticed anything else suspicious in your towns?"

"Actually Kelvin found it in Olivine it wasn't in Cianwood" replied Jack as he began to look around the area for anything suspicious. "After seeing this maybe all of us gym leaders need to get together and plan a course of attack to stem any upcoming team rocket buisness."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gym Leader Chinika

"Actually Kelvin found it in Olivine it wasn't in Cianwood" replied Jack as he began to look around the area, suspicious-looking. "After seeing this maybe all of us gym leaders need to get together and plan a course of attack to stem any upcoming team rocket buisness."

Chinika nodded quietly. This would be weird. Coordinate actions towards... herself and her colleagues? Hm. But she had to play along. Gosh.

"Olivine isn't as off as Cianwood, that's true..." she said.

Hm, if they did meet to discuss things, the TR gym leaders could listen in to what the IA leaders planned, without them knowing it! Brilliant! And maybe they could jump a IA leader if they became alone at some point... and blame TR grunts for it. Chinika liked the sound of this.

Plus, a big meeting would mean that they could arrange a nice dinner in one of the gyms, since there was a lot of space in gyms, where there would be plenty of places to be and plenty of time to, well, "confront" people. And Chinika liked food and dinners.

"Yes, we should probably arrange a big meeting. In what town? Ecruteak? I mean, since you two are already here." she suggested casually.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Kris Kollyns
    Goldenrod City Gym
    Just a normal battle...

-----

"Oh woe-is-me, i'm bored as hell." I sat back in my little chair, which was a little more like a throne, that stood on the edge of the gym's battlefield. The battlefield consisted of grass, a few ponds and trees, and a few boulders scattered around. I rubbed my temples as I tried to come up with something, anything, that would amuse me for the moment. My cries of boredom must have been heard as Farah, one of my gym trainers, entered. I immediately knew she was here to attempt to defeat me for the third time this week.

"Oh, are we bored again?" Farah smirked as she walked up to the battlefield.

"Of course. Hopefully this battle will bring some excitement to the day." I stood up and grabbed one of my pokeballs from inside of my hoodie. I threw it into the air and my Persian, Persia, appeared. Farah did the same and her Clefable, Stardust, appeared.

"You know it will. Stardust, use Belly Drum!" I watched as Farah revealed her new move of the day. Stardust started to drum on her stomache, just as the name of the move suggested.

"Interesting. I'd like to see where you're taking this, but I think I have a pretty good idea."

"I thought you would. Moonlight, then use Meteor Mash!" Stardust recovered all of her health with Moonlight, before she soared at Persia with deadly force.

"Fake Out." Persia shot towards Stardust and slammed his paws on her face, causing her to flinch and her move to fail. "Come on, you had to see that coming. Psych Up."

"Yes, and I also saw that coming. Stored Power!" As soon as Persia had copied Stardust's modified attack, Stardust had exploded with Stored Power, and thanks to Psych Up, it had insane power. Persia was sent flying across the field and he almost flew into me.

"Persia, counter with a Thunder." Persia got back to his feet and his fur began to rise as it crackled with electricity. He shot a huge blast of lightning at Stardust, who was sent flying just like Persia had a second ago.

"Focus Blast!"

"Captivate, then Hypnosis." Persia lowered Stardust's special attack with Captivate just as the orb of light left her hands. He then proceeded to stare her down, completely ignoring the orb of light hurtling towards him. Stardust's eyes began to droop, and in a second she had passed out cold. Persia was struck by the Focus Blast and was knocked out.

"Return. Come on out, Skitz."

"Come back Stardust, let's go Sugarcane!" Both pokemon disappeared in rays of scarlet light, only to be replaced by another. On my side of the field appeared a Delcatty; Skitz. On Farah's side of the field appeared a Cincinno; Sugarcane.

"Retaliate."

"Tail Slap!" Both pokemon rushed each other, and when they reached each other Sugarcane began to slap Skitz with her tail, and Skitz just full-on rammed Sugarcane. Sugarcane was sent flying into a boulder, which was smashed and sent up a cloud of dust.

"Assist." Skitz's tail began to glow and she rushed Sugarcane again. Skitz slammed her tail on Sugarcane and an explosion occured on contact; Skitz had used Dynamicpunch. Sugarcane stumbled backwards, before she collapsed and blacked out.

"Return. Come on out, Azuma! Use Slam!" Sugarcane disappeared and was replaced by a little blue pokemon, an Azurill. Azuma launched himself at Skitz, hitting her with extreme force for something so small.

"Rock Smash."

"Fake Tears!" Just as Skitz recovered and started to sprint towards Azuma, Azuma began to cry. Skitz stopped for a moment, a look of confusion crossing her face, before she saw through the trick and continued her attack.

"Muddy Water!" Right before Skitz's tail made contact with Azuma, Azuma seemed to disappear. A second later a wall of brown water materialized in front of Skitz, with Azuma riding on top. Skitz was swallowed up by the wave and was carried all the way back to me, soaking wet and completely dirty.

"Now use Soak!" Perfect. I smirked as Azuma summoned an immense amount of water and soaked Skitz even more.

"Copycat." I could see Farah's expression change to anger for a second as she realized her mistake. Skitz did exactly what Azuma had just done, transforming Azuma into a water type. "Now use Thunder." Skitz's fur began to spark, before she launched a huge bolt of lightning at Azuma. Azuma attempted to dodge, but to no avail. Azuma was knocked out on the spot.

"Return, again. Come back out, Stardust! Use Focus Blast!" Stardust appeared again, fully awake and ready for battle. She launched another orb of light that lead Skitz to the same fate as Persia. I recalled Skitz and let out my Lickitung, Salivan.

"Can you stand up to Salivan? Here, i'll be nice and knock you out in two moves, rather than one. Move one: Belly Drum."

"Don't get too full of yourself." Salivan began to drum on his stomache, "No, seriously, don't." Farah's eyes began to grow wide as she knew what was coming. "Stardust, use Metronome!" Salivan's attack maxed out as Stardust began to waggle her fingers.

"Move two: Power Whip." Salivan extended his tongue; both Farah and Stardust looked panicked. Salivan's tongue soared towards Stardust as she released a large laser from her fingers. It shot straight towards Salivan's tongue.

"Funnel maneuver." Salivan's tongue began to spin in wide rotations as it continued its assualt. The laser sailed right into the funnel as Salivan's tongue made contact with Stardust. There was a large explosion and a flash of bright light, and I knew all I could do was wait. When the light cleared, Stardust lay unconscious and Salivan had his stomache puffed out; he had eaten the laser.

"Ah, Techno Blast. Such a rare move, only belonging to Genesect. Too bad Stardust was not holding a drive, which to find even one of the four is a miracle. You have improved... since yesterday."

"Thank you. I'll see you here tommorow then?"

"I'll be here."

Years
    Oeh! This seems interesting! I think I can have time for this roleplay. Can I join, I would like to be a random sinnoh gym leader on a vacation in johto please, thank you very much

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Gym Leader Ralph
    Blackthorn City Gym

Ralph sat quietly in the dark, the only light in the room came from the desk lamp that hovered over him. He carefully examined a few documents, most were letters from people from town, but a few were of some other topic. Ralph had begun asking his fellow townsfolk to begin sending him letters with complaints, comments, and other things so that he can get a better understanding of where the city stands in terms of a few key areas.

First, he's trying to understand the mood of the town as a whole. Are they happy? Are they upset? Is they something that can be done to make them happier? Second, he wishes to get to know the persona of the citizens he leads. Most importantly, however, Ralph is trying to get their opinion of himself.

Ralph has recently become gym leader of Blackthorn City, after a journey has led him to finally discover his true passion of becoming a gym leader. But because of uncertainty with Team Rocket on the rise, many don't actually trust Ralph. It doesn't help that Ralph's natural persona appears to be cold and quiet. Ralph hoped with this new system of mail personally to him, he could earn the people's respect and trust more, and thereby strengthen their position as a town, and as a community.

Ralph has heard of all kinds of rumors from the other towns and cities of Team Rocket in control secretly, or thoughts of such being talked about. He's unsure if these rumors are true, but Ralph is unwilling to let that happen to Blackthorn. That's why he's trying to get all of the issues sorted first in his town, before he attempts to figure out sides and such in the others. So, for the moment, Blackthorn City isn't technically allied with the IA or Team Rocket. It is more of a neutral zone, and although Ralph intends to ally himself with the IA, for the moment, he wishes to make sure his own city is secure. That means he needs the citizen's trust, the protection of the city, and the knowledge that nothing sinister is happening in the shadows.

Ralph is certain he has obtain general security within the town, and he has made sure no underground Team Rocket nonsense is happening in his town, but now he needs to earn trust and respect, and Ralph has a way to do that. Besides the complaint system, Ralph will also be more active as a gym leader. He would accept almost any challenger who is willing to fight, and will be more active around town as well, lending a hand when he could.

Hopefully, they won't think he's up to something sinister. People always mistake Ralph for doing something fishy. It's just the aura he displays around him. His style of dress doesn't help much either. Ralph wears a custom suit he had personally designed for him. Made of fine material, the suit comes with a white collared shirt, a black tie, black dress slacks, and a black dress jacket. His attire makes him look somewhat like a crime boss, which is a reason some believe he is with Team Rocket. But Ralph won't change. He can only hope that, in time, he can come to some sort of relationship with all of the townspeople. And from there, make Blackthorn City great.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu Mizushima, Violet City Gym

"Which ones?" Kellyn murmured.

"Kelvin and Jack."

Kellyn called his grunts and told him about this new twist in the plan.

Throwing a monkey at the wrench. Miharu chuckled inwardly. She heard someone said that once and it was so wrong, it was hilarious.

Miharu closed her eyes and focused. She could hear snippets of the conversation.

"After seeing this maybe all of us gym leaders need to get together and plan a course of attack to stem any upcoming team rocket business," said Jack.

"Yes, we should probably arrange a big meeting. In what town? Ecruteak? I mean, since you two are already here," suggested Chinika.

Miharu opened her eyes and smirked. Smooth Chinika. Very smooth.

"Jake-san and Kelvin-san wants to talk to the gym leaders about Team Rocket putting up fliers in order to gather some more members...Did we really do this? That is probably the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Chinika-san is suggesting we meet in Ecruteak, which gives us a reason for being there as well. In fact, since I am psychic, it would not be so strange for us to appear there now. What does Kellyn-san think?"

Years
    Gym Leader Kellyn
    Violet City

"Jack-san and Kelvin-san wants to talk to the gym leaders about Team Rocket putting up fliers in order to gather some more members...Did we really do this? That is probably the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Chinika-san is suggesting we meet in Ecruteak, which gives us a reason for being there as well. In fact, since I am psychic, it would not be so strange for us to appear there now. What does Kellyn-san think?"
    Miharu looked like she had a very nice plan cooked up, and Kellyn was picking up on it.

"Kellyn-san thinks that that would be a woo-oonderful idea." He walked over to Miharu and waited. His face cracked in a smile, and he thought of something. He brought out his walkie and talked into it. "Tomcat?"

"Got for Tomcat." Her voice was static-y.

"Just wait for Miharu and I at the Pokemon Center. We'll be doing something. If her Grunts need help, HELP THEM."

"Yes, SIR!" came the static that was Felicity's voice.

Kellyn put his walkie away and said, "they haven't been to Cherrygrove, and I bet they don't even know a Gym's been established there. But it's probable they do, and I should act like I'm friendly and I should know them." He wiped his face and grunted. "This is gonna be really hard."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu raised an eyebrow. "What makes Kellyn-san think I have grunts around the neighborhood?"

She usually preferred to work on her own. She did have one top grunt that was in charge of the rest of the grunts and that grunt went to her for orders and passed them around. However, she didn't think she would need grunts today. Having a bunch of people crowd around a pokemon center, although quite normal, was not discreet. At all.

"If Kellyn-san is good enough to fool the Indigo Association that he is still a good member, then he must have some resemblance of acting skills. Lucky enough for me, I already know all of the Indigo Association gym leaders and I did not even have to put on a mask. I guess I am just charming." She had no idea why, but she was on sarcasm mode today. Perhaps it was just one of those days. "Is Kellyn-san ready to teleport?"

Years
    Gym Leader Ray
    Dance Theater, Ecruteak

Ray sits at his table, waiting for something to happen. He pulls out his phone, checking his email. Nothing new, and his minions still hadn't arrived. "What is taking so long?" One of the patrons sits next to him, earning a confused look. "Hey man! I haven't seen you here in a while!"

Ray is surprised, and leans away from the man. "Sorry, but you have me confused with someone else." The man laughs, clapping Ray on the shoulder. "No, man. We hung out here last month! You were way into that chick with the Flareon, remember? And I was like, 'You should talk to her, man.' But you said -"

Ray knocks the man's hand away. "No. It wasn't me! You unnerve me. Please leave." The man looks confused and a little dazed. "What? I thought we were friends!" "Well, you're wrong! I've never met you before, and you smell homeless! Go take a shower, you bum!"

The man staggers to his feet, obviously angry. "Hey man, you can't talk to me like that! I own this place! You leave! Get out of my bar!" The man swings at Ray, knocking him out of his chair. "This is going poorly. Calm down, let me buy you a- oof!" The man hits Ray again, drawing the attention of the other patrons. Not good! So much for low profile!

Ray runs outside, looking around. Not seeing anyone, he heads toward the Pokemon Center. "Well that failed! I'll grab the minions and hide out until things blow over. Better change disguises while I'm at it." He heads into the Center, looking for his Grunts.

Years
    Gym Leader Kellyn
    Violet City

Miharu raised an eyebrow. "What makes Kellyn-san think I have grunts around the neighborhood? If Kellyn-san is good enough to fool the Indigo Association that he is still a good member, then he must have some resemblance of acting skills. Lucky enough for me, I already know all of the Indigo Association gym leaders and I did not even have to put on a mask. I guess I am just charming. Is Kellyn-san ready to teleport?"

"Kellyn-san would absolutely love to teleport," he said with a smirk. "And in response to your question, I don't think you have Grunts around here, it's just a precautionary measure. However, if you don't want my Grunts' help around here, I could send them back to Cherrygrove..." He stuck out his tongue and bit down on it lightly with his front teeth. "I know how to play this game, Mizushima; don't you pretend I don't. My town's a mess, and I've maintained cover for...how many years? Five? Six? How many people do you know who could do that? Hmm?" He thought he had her stumped. They may both be in Team Rocket, but when it came down to it, all it was was a competition just waiting to explode. Kellyn drew Slasher's Poke Ball out of his pocket and threw it. The Kabutops appeared in a flash of white light, and he walked over, silently, to Kellyn, and stood next to him. Kellyn put his hand on Slasher's shoulder, just in case he were to be... "accidentally" left behind.

"You need immediate protection, this guy's the way to go." Slasher nodded and slashed at the air with one of his scythes. They waited for Miharu to do the teleport thing with Kellyn's heart tied in a knot. Good thing he could act...

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu Mizushima, Violet City - Ecruteak City

Miharu raised an eyebrow while rolling her eyes at the same time. "My apologies oh great master of being undercover. I am not saying that Kellyn-san does not have the skills, nor am I doubting his impressive record. Although, just because I have only been a gym leader for two years does not mean I am not as good. I was trained when I was small-" She abruptly stopped there and shook her head slightly. There was no reason to go into her training with her father.

Bishamon came out of his pokeball in a flash of light. He closed his eyes and Miharu could feel the sense of being displaced. She closed her eyes and allowed the feeling to flow until she sensed that they reached their destination, the Ecruteak City Pokemon Center. She recalled Bishamon.

Last edited:
    Years
    Gym Leader Jack

Yes, we should probably arrange a big meeting. In what town? Ecruteak? I mean, since you two are already here." suggested Chinika casually. Jack wanted to take advantage of the unfortunate situation and he was planning on learning more about the other gym leaders. "Yeah right here is fine, It's one of the most central points in the region." Jack walked past Chinika and into the gym and found something to sit on. "It's funny though" Jack suddenly started chuckling "I knew Team Rocket were stupid but putting up fliers thats just dumb" at this point his chuckling was now a full blown laugh. All Jack could do now was wait so he just sat there and waited on Chinika's next move.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gym Leader Chinika
    Ecruteak City Gym

Chinika smiled. "Great! Then I'll arrange something." Realizing she might have sounded a bit too happy, she added: "And we'll soon thwart those dark plans of Team Rocket's."

Then she bowed slightly to Kelvin and saw Jack move to one of the benches on the side of the arena to sit and wait. Chinika moved upstairs, trying to find Frederic. She wondered what had happened to Ray...

Turning around a corner, she bumped right into him. They both blinked. "Chinika," he said, bowing slightly.

"Frederic! Where is he?" she said after checking nobody was listening in on them, assuming he'd know that she referred to the gym leader of Mahogany.

"I sent him off to the Dance Theatre, as you instructed me-"

"I'd feel better if you had accompanied him there!" she interrupted him with a frown.

Frederic wavered slightly but put on an annoyed face. "I'm sorry, but I have other matters to tend to as well and can't babysit gym leaders who are perfectly capable to take care of themselves at all times."

Chinika wasn't used to Frederic acting like this. He was normally very kind to her and followed her every word. He quickly seemed to notice her thoughts though, and his face changed to a sorrowful one.

"I'm sorry, Chinika, I didn't mean... It's just, with what you're starting now and all-"

"Frederic, I understand. It's ok," she said, putting a hand on his shoulder. He was just stressed up. "I wouldn't have put you in this position if I didn't trust you to manage it well though."

He took a deep breath, calming down, and looked up at her again. "That's better," Chinika said. "Now, go send another email. Not encrypted with the... codes. Just with IA's codes. To all gym leaders but Kelvin and Jack. You can write it and sign it yourself, but have it saying that I'm arranging a meeting... and a dinner, in Ecruteak's Elaborate Hall this evening at 8 o'clock. Tell them it's about the recent suspicions about Team Rocket activities and that it's very important that they come. The Indigo Association has said earlier that a possible threat from Team Rocket is more important to handle than most other things, so they shouldn't have a hard time cancelling whatever they have scheduled tonight.

Kelvin and Jack are my guests until then. And any of the others who arrive early as well. Please have quarters in the bottom floor prepared for them, near the garden."

Frederic nodded and went to do as instructed. He scuttled off through the wooden corridors, Chinika watching him go. She took some calming breaths, put on her smile again and went down to find Kelvin and Jack.

"Gentlemen," she said when she reached them. Some more trainers were training between the cliffs of the great gym hall now, and some seemed to recognize the two out-of-town gym leaders. perhaps they had battled them before.

"The meeting will be in a large hall here in Ecruteak, near the temple. At 8 o'clock this evening. I've arranged with quarters for you here in my gym if you feel you should want to stay here and rest until then. They are in the back," she said, pointing towards a corridor leading from the big hall on the other side of the gym, "with a view of our fabulous garden."

She smiled through all this, but once again remembered that she should be worried rather than happy about TR and all. She got a grip of herself and straightened up. "I thought it best to have the meeting already today, since this might very well be the start of a crisis, if posters have been set up in more towns apart from Olivine."

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Gym Leader Aryll
    Ecruteak City

"So...is THAT it, Chinika..." Aryll mumbled as she carefully listened in. "YOU ...would dare betray the affairs of Team Rocket? Heh...I always knew...that I couldn't trust you..."

Aryll then stepped away from the gym, and threw another pokeball.

"Come, C.C!" she said as she released her Altaria again. "We shall go back to Azalea Town."

Then Aryll slowly turned back to Chinika.

"Hmph. I've always known this day would come," she whispered to herself. "Team Rocket WILL rise to glory. Starting with Goldenrod..."

She then turned to her dumbstrucked Altaria as she then had a more frustrated face upon her.

"WELL? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? MY FEET ARE TIRED!" she yelled at it. "DO YOU WANT MY LEGS TO BE RESTLESS?"

Altaria then gave a cry for forgiveness as it slowly swooped down, as Aryll then hopped on its back. A few seconds later, Altaria slowly had taken off, then with a graduating speed, it took of towards Azelea.

"...If I heard right, looks like the fools are going to have a meeting," Aryll said while they were flying. "Hm. Perhaps if the grunts got my message from Miss Vampire in time...I can round out the grunts...and take them all out at once...the IA leaders will fall...fufufu..."

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years

Kris Kollyns
    Goldenrod City to Ecruteak City
    Honey, i'm leaving!

-----

"Amelia, why do I have a sudden sense of foreboding...?" I asked my assistant, Amelia, who had her face stuffed in her laptop, one of the rare moments she was not chattering away in her bluetooth... about business, hopefully.

"Maybe because of this?" She turned her laptop around and revealed an email. It was from Chinika, Ecruteak City's Gym Leader. Something about her always felt a little off, but I never knew what. Perhaps it was just her over-bubbly personality.

I read the email. It said that Chinika would be hosting a meeting in Ecruteak's Elaborate Hall. It was set at eight this evening. The meeting was apparently about the recent suspicions about Team Rocket activities. I looked at my watch. I still had a few hours left, but it would take a little while to walk there, and it would be better to get there just a little early.

"Amelia, call Farah and Darrel. Tell them that I'll be out and somebody will need to watch the gym." I paused for a moment so that Amelia could give a nod of approval. "I'll be off then." I got up from my so-called throne and walked out of the gym. I would seriously need to start using a bird pokemon soon, but for now I didn't mind just walking. It was... nice.

I strolled down the streets of Goldenrod. People were out shopping, battling, just having a good time. The streets were filled, and everywhere I looked I could see at least one of my gym trainers, which was reassuring. I passed Farah walking to the gym, I waved to her and carried on. It was only a few minutes before I had reached the northern gate. I gave a nod to the gate clerk and walked into National Park. There was plenty of pokemon and children playing with the pokemon. It was such a nice day. Too bad it would likely be ruined by this meeting.

Crescar appeared next to me and walked beside me. It attracted a few glances and some open-mouthed kids staring, but nothing out of the ordinary. As we walked, I pulled out a jar of honey that I had stored in one of my hoodie pockets. Crescar glanced at it, multiple times, but I could see he was trying his best to avoid looking at it. I held it up to him and he paused for a moment. After a second's hesitation, he snatched the jar of honey from me, pried it open and began scooping it into his mouth. He sat down near a tree and I took a seat beside him. I leaned up against him as he shoveled as much honey as he could into his mouth. Within a minute, the jar was empty and he was licking it clean.

"Slow down honey-man. You'll get sick or something." Crescar paused mid-lick and glanced at me. Then he glanced at the jar of honey, then at me, then at the honey, and finally at me again. He dropped the honey jar and blushed as he got to his feat. I got up with him and we began walking again, with me still leaning against him.

"Well, if I'm correct Cam should be..." We turned a corner and sure enough another one of my gym trainers was in his usual spot. I walked up to him and asked, "Mind if I borrow Torgen for a bit of a flight?"

There was a very slight pause before he said, "Yeah, just don't crash or anything." He laughed and handed me a pokeball.

"Oi! That was only once, and it was my first time flying on him so..." His smile did not seem to be fading, "Whatever." I let out the Togekiss, Torgen. Torgen was very strong for a Togekiss, and would be able to lift me, but not Crescar so I recalled the giant bear.

After about an hour of flying, we were entering Ecruteak City. I landed, recalled Torgen and let Crescar back out. There were a few glances as the giant bear and I walked over to the Ecruteak City Gym. We entered, calmly and somewhat dramatically. "How do you do?" I smiled as I entered the gym and looked around.

Last edited:
    Years
    Gym Leader Jack
    Ecruteak City Gym

"I beat him, I beat him and I really beat him" Jack was showing Kelvin some of the trainers that were in the gym who had challenged him back in Cianwood but was interrupted before he could continue as Chinika had returned

"Gentlemen," Chinika said as she walked down the stairs. Some more trainers were training between the cliffs of the great gym hall now, and some seemed to recognize the two out-of-town gym leaders. Perhaps they had battled them before.

"The meeting will be in a large hall here in Ecruteak, near the temple. At 8 o'clock this evening. I've arranged with quarters for you here in my gym if you feel you should want to stay here and rest until then. They are in the back," she said, pointing towards a corridor leading from the big hall on the other side of the gym, "with a view of our fabulous garden."

Jack nodded as he listened to Chinika talk and was weirded out by her smile that was constant through the entire speech "I thought it best to have the meeting already today, since this might very well be the start of a crisis, if posters have been set up in more towns apart from Olivine." she continued. Jack started walking towards the direction of the rooms before hearing the doors of the gym open and a tall boy with long hair walked through "How do you do?" he said. "Just Kris" Jack said as he walked off to the cabin. Kris was one of the few gym leaders he actually knew so seeing him now was of no interest to him.

Back