• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rockets Rising (T)

Years
    Gym Leader Jack
    Olivine City

Jack's search was turning out o be futile, he had searched up and down but found nothing. So far Olivine was looking clean, despite the garbage, Did they blow this out of proportion? Seeing the words Team Rocket upset Jack so much he didn't even consider that it may have been a joke until now. Jack was about to give up ,he was just wasting time now, until his pokegear began to ring and a familiar name came up on the caller ID his good friend and one time mentor Lance.

"Hey Lance how has it been" Jack was very close to Lance so his greeting was cheerful happy to hear from him again.

"Jack it isn't so good" Lance replied in a serious tone. The last time Jack heard Lance speak like this he found out his father had died so something had to be terribly wrong and Jack's face had tensed up as he prepared to hear the worst from him. "This line isn't secure so I'll say this one thing Chinika is an enemy of the I.A." the phone was shut off after that.

"Wait what" Jack was too late, had he heard correct Chinika, one of the few that he decided he trusted had betrayed him. No it couldn't be true but why would Lance off all people lie to him. "AHHHHHHH!!" Jack let out a loud angry scream in the middle of Olivine Town Square not caring that the people were watching him. Jack rushed off to the beach where it was more quiet and he could gather his thoughts, but the thoughts he was gathering weren't particularly happy thoughts. All he could think about was unleashing Warrior and Sandstorm on Ecruteak City the base of that traitor Chinika just to have her feel what he felt when Team Rocket killed his father. In an effort to relax and calm down Jack stomped around the beach for a while knowing that if he ever went looking for Chinika now his anger might get the better of him.

Years
    Mahogany Leader's Assistant Jewel
    Mahogany Gym, Mahogany Town

Jewel lounges around the gym, wearing her copy of Ray's coat and sunglasses. She imitates his voice, gesturing at the ceiling. "Jewel, go home! I'm off doing Leader things with my fellow Leaders. You're not here because you're not a Leader! See you later! Bye!" She walks around, ignoring the looks she gets, inspecting the Gym. "Oh look. A phone. Still here. Nothing going on here." The phone rings, and she jumps back in surprise.

She picks up, back to her normal voice. "Mahogany Gym, Leader Jewel speaking!" A man's voice, sounding confused. ... I thought Ray was in charge. "Nope! He's not here now, so I'm filling in!" O-kaaay... Listen up. This is Koga, of the ELITE FOUR! I have a message for Ray. "Okay. What is it?" It's for Ray. Just give me his contact information. "Oh, fine."

Mahogany Leader Ray
    Olivine City

Ray leans against a wall, thinking up a new plan. His phone rings, and he steps aside as he checks the ID. "Koga? Of the Elite 4? What does he want?" Ray picks up, curious and suspicious. "Leader Ray. What do you want?" Finally. Fire your assistant. "No." Fine. Leader Ray! I, KOGA, have a message for you. One of your own is a member. "What." A member of TEAM ROCKET! "What? What are you-" YES! The one known as CHINIKA is a traitor! Best be on your guard. They have infiltrated your number. "How did you find out? Uh, I mean-" We have our ways! Find her and bring her to us! KOGA OUT! *click*

Ray stares at his phone in shock. He quickly goes over the past few hours in his head, thinking of what could have gone wrong. Was it when I first arrived? When she called the meeting? No. Parents! When she left to find-! He rounds the corner, approaching Ralph. "I have to go. That call.. Something's gone wrong." He leaves without another word, quickly calling Jewel. "Jewel! Come pick me up! It'll take days to walk back! I need to be back there NOW! ... I know you can't, it- Just come get me. I'll be on the path."

Ray rushes back towards Ecruteak, his mind racing, trying to form a plan.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gym Leader Chinika
    Tohjo Falls

It was soon sunrise. Chinika had been flying for a bit on Alex but now she was on the ground with Sandra by her side again. It was more tiring than one thought to cling to a flying fire dragon.

She leaned on a tree and took some deep breaths. She wondered what she was really doing. She couldn't go back to Ecruteak. That would be the first place for people to look for her. She couldn't help Frederic...

Right! She started the mini-phone on her wrist watch and called the gym up. Frederic did answer. Chinika let out a huge breath. "Frederic!" she said. "Are you all right?"

"Chinika? What is going on? They said you were a traitor!"

"Wha... what do you mean? Don't be silly."

"They've searched the gym for clues... and I assisted them. I don't want to believe it, especially since we didn't find any proof, but they say your parents are with Team Rocket and that you are too!"

Chinika started to get mad. What was he playing at?

"Please come back here immediately, Chinika. Let us sort this out. Elite 4 member Karen is here right now and the others have spread across Johto to look for you."

Something clicked inside Chinika. He was... speaking to her. But someone else was probably standing beside him. Oh, Frederic. He was still loyal to her! He said that he had assisted them in searching the gym... that must mean that they believed his innocence and that he had... hidden the proof as they went along. And the Elite 4 is spread across the land? That was what Team Rocket had been waiting for. A chance to strike. She was starting to see her leader's plan unfold. She was the decoy.

"I'm sorry for never telling you," she said in the phone after a short silence. "But you would never have been good enough for a spot in Team Rocket anyways. I'm afraid you won't find me."

"I'm afraid... they have already traced this conversation to Tohjo Falls," Frederic replied, and only Chinika could hear the lump in his heart as he said it.

Chinika ended the conversation immediately. Darn it! She took off the wrist watch, gave it one last look... and threw it into the water some meters away. Time to run again. They wouldn't reach Tohjo Falls that quickly anyways. Now, should she go back into Kanto and hide, or should she be rash and foolish and enter Johto?

Sandra's fire was cold in the air as Chinika smiled and looked towards the falls. She was her father's child, wasn't she? She started walking towards the falls, crossing the bridge and was finally back in Johto. Where she belonged. Now, time to play.

"Luke," she said as she sent Sandra back into her pokéball and took forth the mighty Arcanine from another. He stood before her, silently, as she climbed his back. And they ran off into the soon coming morning light, towards the forests around New Bark.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Gym Leader Kelvin
    Olivine City's Harbor

"Chinika is a traitor. Deal with her immediately."

Kelvin's left hand shook the phone vigorously as if in some kind of spasm. He stared blankly and his lips trembled. "You've got to be kidding me!" he replied back after a moment's pause.

"Deal with her immediately," Lorelei's cold voice repeated. "That is all that I have to say."

She hung up on him. Kelvin was still speechless, but it all added up. He took a deep breath, calmed his left hand, and closed the phone. After stuffing it in his pocket, he pulled out a block of ice from a sealed container in his back pocket and strapped it on his head. He needed some time to think.

====

It had all started when I arrived at the dance hall…

Kelvin casually knocked twice on the wooden door of Ecruteak's dance hall. It had been some time since he had been here last. Lory was still a Snorunt and he was still a year away from becoming a gym leader. They had been recommended by Jasmine to train here and he couldn't refuse her. Even back then the thought of going against that sweet woman made him laugh. He chuckled heartily after reminiscing on the many defeats she handed him.

The door swung open after a few minutes, revealing an aged stranger who blocked any means of getting a peek inside. He did not recognize this woman at all. She did not bear any resemblance to one of the five original dancers nor any of the staff from his previous trip.

"Hello, dear?" she greeted him with an obnoxiously sweet voice. "We've been expec…" She was cut off suddenly by a soft thud from behind her. "Especially busy!"

Her voice was slightly panicked and upon closer inspection, Kelvin could notice the flaws. The woman's hair was dyed grey and a lock of blond hair stood out. Her make up was poorly done for a stage performer and her face had an odd shimmer. The woman's kimono was also not made of silk nor any other appropriate material and instead looked like something that might be bought for Halloween. There was something incredibly suspicious about this woman, but it wasn't like him to place doubt in others. Still the Team Rocket poster had been alarming.

Kelvin flashed her an awkward smile. He felt slightly ashamed for doubting someone that he had just met. "Well you must be one of the new attendants that I haven't met." He extended a hand to her.

"One of the new attendants, eh?" The woman broke character and spoke in a much heavier accent. "I mean…" Another soft thud came from behind her. "Yes, yes! I'm one of the new… err… attendants!" She moved to shake his hand. One final "soft thud" sounded off and she fell over.

Anyone's eyes could now take a look inside the prestigious building and curiosity got the best of him. The front of the dance hall was completely cleaned out, a few boxes had replaced the stage, and the floor mats had been removed. There were no other people in the dance hall besides the "old lady" and a man in black who stood partially hidden behind a door.

Kelvin gasped and fear pulsed throughout his body. That uniform… Kelvin put a hand over his mouth. He felt like he could vomit. "I'm sorry!" he shouted while backing up and running away. That uniform… it looked just like Team Rocket's and that woman and the way the dance hall was… it's… terrible. After managing to slow down, Kelvin shrugged it off. "It was just a misunderstanding," he had reassured himself.

It was because of his panic, that Kelvin arrived late to the meeting at Ecruteak City Gym. As it was his own fault for being late, he submissively agreed to everything. Yes, Team Rocket needs to be stopped. Yes, we should go to Olivine. His thoughts were also focused elsewhere. Chinika has connections to the dancehall, right? Can she really be that childish? It even bugged him during his flight to Olivine Harbor with Mitch. Why did she leave early? Can I really trust her?

Kelvin now knew that he had every right to doubt her. He scratched his left arm. It bugged him to feel so betrayed and he wondered if he could still trust the other gym leaders.

OOC: Got a bit lazy towards the end. Meh. This should cover what I missed @-@

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gym Leader Chinika
    East of New Bark Town

Luke ran swiftly and silently, although his massive paws made muffling thuds as they pounded the ground. Dawn was here and Chinika felt cold. She would need warmer clothes. They stopped for a while, in a forest clearing, to let the small woman take forth a warm poncho from her bag and put it on. Then she jumped up on the Arcanine's back again and they set off. Chinika hoped that Luke wasn't getting tired.

Judging from the map Frederic had been wise enough to pack for her, she should be nearing New Bark soon. There was no gym in New Bark. She wasn't sure of how they treated Team Rocket. She didn't really know if the news about her betrayal would reach public, or if if would be kept quiet to not worry the general population... she was silently hoping for the latter.

Soon, they did see houses further ahead. She stepped down from Luke's back and recalled him into the pokéball. Better to not have pokémon out in the open as she entered the town, maybe. She sure hoped nobody recognized her here. Trainers who had battled her didn't often come back to New Bark. Though someone lived here that she didn't really want to meet... a certain pokémon professor.

She brought up the hood on the poncho to cover her head and entered the small town. There weren't too many people out on the streets. There probably weren't many shops or inns or anything like that really. The reason she was venturing out to here was that she needed something to eat. She hadn't packed food.

Finally she found a little bar. Probably New Bark's only one... it was called New Bar. Eh. She went inside and ordered a simple meal with a low voice. The bartender looked twice at her, but left her alone after giving her the food and accepting the payment.

Sitting there in secret, eating her first meal of her first day as a hunted woman, she felt incredibly alone.

By the time she had eaten it all up, she felt different, however. She wasn't alone. She had places to go to. The gym in Cherrygrove... Kellyn's gym. She could seek refuge there. If she could get there without getting caught. If he refused to harbor her, she could keep going to Azalea. Knowing Aryll, the woman would probably laugh and feel happy when she would see Chinika weak and would help her just because it made her feel good.

Or maybe she'd better try Mahogany directly. Ray would help her. She was sure of it. She felt a sting of guilt as she thought about the meeting she had left. The others had gone to Olivine. She wondered if other gym leaders were suspected now as well, and what they would think when they heard about her. She swallowed hard and left the bar. She didn't tip the bartender with a single coin.

Wait. She had been stupid. Violet, Miharu's gym. That was the safest place to go. Miharu could probably easily hide her with her strange magical powers. And Miharu could be trusted. At least Chinika thought so... but then again, the other gym leaders had probably thought that they could trust Chinika. Aargh. Her head hurt from thinking in these circles. But she had decided what to do. No point in staying in New Bark and taking chances with the locals. She would try Cherrygrove and see if Kellyn was there. If not, she would continue to Violet.

She went to the outskirts of town, almost all the way to the edge of the forest before looking back on the small town. Wondering... what if there were Team Rocket followers there? Well, she didn't have time or energy to find out right now. Maybe some other day. She brought out Luke again and set off into the forest, west.

Unfortunately, someone saw her setting off on the Arcanine. A little kid, who was absolutely thrilled about seeing such a rare pokémon here in New Bark. He went to see his mother and tell her about it, and his mother was standing outside the laboratory at that moment, chitchatting with professor Elm, known by everyone as an avid follower of Indigo Association. Trusted as he was, he had of course heard the news about one gym leader being on the run. And he knew what pokémon the gym leaders had. He was studying pokémon after all and famous people were often subject of his research. Something in his brain now started moving when he heard the little boy excitedly speak to his mother. He rushed inside, without even saying goodbye to them.

He dialed a number on a secure line.

"I think Chinika was just spotted outside New Bark," he reported to the person on the other side of the line. "Meaning, she's back in Johto."

"Understood, thank you," the voice in the other end said and then hung up. Professor Elm swallowed and hung up as well. He was quite scared of the thought that a dangerous high ranked TR member could have been right at his doorstep.

((OOC: If your character cares about hunting Chinika down, you can now get a new call/message from an Elite 4, saying what professor Elm reported. If you care more about your own business you can of course disregard it.))

Years
    Gym Leader Jack
    Olivine City Outskirts

Jack was still trying to cool down on the beach but he was pacing frantically not knowing what his next move should Hunt down Chinika? That would be a wild goose chase. Go home and go about his gym leader duties? No way that was happening when he knew team rocket was around. So much conflicting thoughts but there was no right answer in sight. Jack's phone began to ring once again this time he hesitated to pick it up fearing the news he would get this time. He waited a couple seconds and picked up the phone realising it was Lance again.

"Jack she was spotted around New Bark Town" then the light went dead, Lance had given Jack the answer. He was going to hunt down Chinika if it was the last thing he would do, but there was a problem he only had two pokemon on hand the other two were still at the gym. He knew the Chinika left with all of her pokemon so any battle would see him being outnumbered pokemon wise. "Uh" Jack groaned, the more time he spent thinking about it the colder the trail would get, ironic since she has fire pokemon, "Focus!" he had to risk it but needed to be smart about his next move.

Jack released Sandstorm from his pokeball, he was quick but no way able to get from Olivine to New Bark in time to catch her, for the first time ever Jack had to think up a strategy, not even in battle had he done this, so why now?Cause this had personal importance to him, he jumped on Sandstorm's back and instructed him to go to Cherrygrove the next place closest to where she was spotted. He also called up three of the trainers that he mentored and instructed them to hold post in Cherrygrove City, Violet City and Goldenrod and told them to call if she was spotted.

There it was his plan laid out to try and catch Chinika, but only now had Jack began thinking about the fact that Chinika is a traitor he couldn't trust any of the others either, so he decided not to tell anyone of them his plans but just go about things on his own. As Sandstorm flew faster and faster the one thought kept going around Jack's head "Chinika I'm gonna catch you."

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Kris Kollyns
    Goldenrod City
    Lookout, all around.

-----

"Chinika is a traitor, she is part of Team Rocket." Came the voice from teh other end of the phone. A voice belonging to Lorelei of the Elite Four.

"Hm, I'm not all that surprised, really." I said as I tapped Torgen, signaling him to head back to Goldenrod City.

"She was just sighted at New Bark Town, be careful."

"Don't worry, I will be. After all, it is me your talking to." I said confidently. Well, if Chinika was just spotted outside of New Bark Town, then that meant she could get around fast. After all, she did have an Arcanine, if I was correct.

"Yes, I suppose it is. Good-bye Kristopher." She did not just call me Kristopher? Oh my god, I was going to kill her later.

"My name is not-" There was a click, signaling the call had been ended. "-Kristopher." I sighed, "Well, damn you, Lorelei. You won that time." I pocketed my phone and signaled for Torgen to use Extremespeed.

We were in Goldenrod in no time. I recalled Torgen and dropped him back off to his trainer. It was time for some... extreme measures, as one might call them.

I sprinted to the gym as fast as I could, so I was there in under a minute. "Amelia, maximize the cities security. It has been revealed that Ecruteak's gym leader, Chinika, is of Team Rocket."

Amelia turned to me, a look of confusion on her face for a moment. "A-all right." She pushed her glasses back so that they were actually on her face again, and she sped-walked out of the gym. I walked to the back of the gym and took the elevator to the roof. I walked to the lookout and watched as Amelia reported the news. In a matter of minutes, the gym trainers were running around, preparing.

"Chinika won't be getting by Goldenrod anytime soon." I said as I watched the whole town now. The gym trainers were taking up their positions all around Goldenrod's borders. There were twenty-one lookout towers in Goldenrod, including the one I was in now.

Once all of the trainers were at their lookout towers, they let out all of their Pokemon, creating a line all around the city. Some of the... braver citizens were helping out with their Pokemon. There were now also guards standing at the gates of the city, meaning there was no entry in or out of the city without secure I.D., I.D. that only belonged to citizens of Goldenrod and some more... important people, such as teh Elite Four.

"The town is now secure." I turned to see Amelia standing at the lookout's entrance.

"Good, I'm going to go to Ecruteak City. If Chinika shows up there, I'll be ready." With that, I walked out of the lookout tower and headed to Ecruteak.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Gym Leader Aryll
    Azelea Town's Slowpoke Well

Following the events of the dinner, Aryll and her bodyguard drove back to Azelea in a 2 hour span. When they got there, Aryll was back in the Slowpoke Well, along side her grunts, as they were typing into their own computers, coordinating their packaging, and their next plans. Aryll was sitting astray away from the working grunts, with a tired look on her face. She had her eye lids closed, seemingly deep in thought, but only soon she would open them again.

"Status report...?" she briefly and calmly asked towards the grunts.

"Everything is preceding smoothly, Miss Aryll!" one of the grunts replied as he continued to work. "Basically, nothing more to report."

Aryll could only yawn as she took insight of here working grunts.

"Gah...I JUST relized how boring this job is..." Aryll yawned as she then turned to another grunt. "Hey. You. Stand up."

"M-me, Miss?" one of the grunts asked.

"No. Bugs Bunny," Aryll replied, while she rolled her eyes. "YES. YOU."

"Y-yes Miss!" the grunt answered, while he got up from his chair.

"Tell me something," Aryll started to ask. "Do you know who's the stupidest character of them all?"

"Miss...?"

"Its those who live in their own exerberence."

"Um, Miss...if I may," the grunt cleared his throat. "I assume you meant exuberance?

"FOOL! I KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE THINGS!" Aryll yelled. "But, that's not the point. Those foolish IA gym leaders live in their own ego, believing in 'honesty' and 'justice'. Tch, I pity them."

"Yes Miss!" the grunt agreed. "Those IA gym leaders are fools --"

"SCIENCE!" Aryll ordered.

"Um...Miss, I believe you meant silence". one of the grunts corrected.

"Whatever; just shut up!" Aryll snapped. "In any case...I, a Team Rocket member, believe that everything and anything belongs to us, and only to us. That's why..."

"That's why...what Miss?" the grunt asked.

"Hmph, I just had a thought." Aryll said while she put on her devilish smile.

"What...what's that, Miss?" the grunt asked.

Aryll rose from her seat as she surveyed the room.

"Grunts! Stand for attention!" Aryll ordered.

"Yes Miss!" the grunts answered as they rose from their seats and stood in a straight position. They all carefully gazed onto Aryll's red, devillish eyes.

"I am going...no, we're going to do what that fool Chinika didn't have the moxie to do after all!"Aryll hollwered. She then walked in and about the well, carefully examinging her grunts. She then stopped and to put on a sinister grin.

"We are going to make Goldenrod City fall...fall to TEAM ROCKET!!"

Years
    Mahogany Leader Ray
    Ecruteak City

Ray stops to rest, out of breath. "Where is that girl? I've been walking for hours! She should have met me at the MooMoo Farm!" He starts headed to the Pokemon Center, but stops. "Wait. If Chinika was spotted in New Bark, where would she go? Only way she can go is back here. Which menas she has to either climb the mountain pass through Blackthorn, or go through Goldenrod. Why does everything point back to there?"

He turns, headed south towards the National Park. He quickly dials Jewel, who picks up on the fourth ring. Yes, sir? "Whatever you're doing, it's not picking me up, so I have new orders for you." Looking forward to them. "Disguise yourself as me. I have a feeling Red will come to Mahogany seeking aid. Convince her you're me, and keep her safe! I have something else going on right now." Of course. I'll start the preparations now. "Which means you never even left! Why do I keep depending on you?" His own voice answers him. Because I keep people guessing, and pretty much am you by this point. Go do your stuff. I have things covered. *click*

That conversaation didn't go how I thought it would. Ray continues headed to Goldenrod, thinking up a new plan.

((Red is a codeword for Chinika. Can't be namedropping wanted terrorists on an open line, after all.))

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gym Leader Chinika
    Outskirts of Cherrygrove City

It was around 10 AM in the morning. The city was already bustling with life. Chinika wasn't sure about how the town felt towards Team Rocket, so she kept to the outskirts. She wanted to reach the gym. But as she closed in on the building, hood up and pokémon stowed away into pokéballs, she started thinking. Maybe she couldn't trust Kellyn... they had never been close. Actually they had almost never met before. She should probably do things on the safe side and go straight to Violet City instead.

Yes, her cold feet got the better of her before she reached the gym, and she absent-mindedly let Luke out to give her a ride again. As she got up and looked ahead on the road, she suddenly faced a trainer standing in front of her. She didn't recognize him, but he seemed to recognize her. At his side stood a Golduck.

"Hey... aren't you Chinika the leader of Ecruteak?" he called out to her. They were about 10 meters away from each other on the road leading out of town.

"No, I'm sorry," Chinika quickly said, feeling blood rush inside her. "You must have me confused with someone else!"

"Oh yeah?" the boy took some steps forward. "Luke, here boy!"

Luke looked up before Chinika could stop him. He looked like he wanted to approach the boy and get patted behind his ears.

"I knew it! I've battled that tiger! You're Chinika! Which means... you're... a traitor?"

Chinika froze. He knew? Did that mean... that everybody knew? "What are you talking about?" she said, trying to sound casual but failing dramatically.

"It was on the news this morning. They said you were with Team Rocket. But... they were lying, weren't they? You wouldn't do something like that, would you?"

Chinika faced his eyes. They were innocent. He really hoped that the news would be fake. His Golduck, however, looked ready to fight already. What should Chinika do? Lie? Again?

No... she was with Team Rocket. And her mission, her stupid, unfair mission, was to create a diversion. She'd give them a diversion alright.

"Why wouldn't I?" she calmly asked. "Team Rocket have been treated unfairly. They aren't what everybody think they are. They are simply... a new way of doing things. The ones who have joined our ranks know."

The trainer's eyes grew wide. He was utterly shocked. Golduck hissed angrily.

"But... how!? Why? They are evil!"

"What is evil?" Chinika said, repeating the words of one of her early mentors in TR. "What is moral? Life and death is all that matters in the end. And the easiest and best way to live, is taking what you want and living as you want. Survival of the fittest is the way of nature. Say... are you strong?"

The trainer gulped and took some steps backwards.

"No, apparently not." Chinika made Luke start moving. He walked past the trainer and his pokémon, who stared at the gym leader silently. When they had just passed them, it came. What Chinika had been waiting for.

"I am strong!"

A smile grew on Chinika's hooded face. Oh, temptation.

((OOC: I will probably continue in the next post, with a battle :] no one in Cherrygrove has yet spotted Chinika, except for the trainer... or have they now?

I love Aryll's plan btw! And poor Ray, running all about the place. ))

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Gym Leader Aryll
    Azelea Town's Slowpoke Well

"I call it...operation bird strike."

Aryll with her follower grunts were carefully planning their method of attack and strike in order to fully seize Goldenrod City. They knew it wasn't going to be easy -- Goldenrod City was the largest city in Johto, so it was assumed that it was going to be swarmed with Gym Trainers, even a couple of IA Gym Leaders going for a visit. However, Aryll figured, if perhaps everyone was past Goldenrod, for example, Eckruteak City, considering on what had happened with Chinika, Aryll knew she had a pretty good chance.

"Now, listen carefully, for I'm going to be saying this once." Aryll said, with the grunts in full attention. She drawn a blueprint of Goldenrod City on a large sheet of white paper, drawn with pencil. She then taped it against a clear wall, where all the grunts, including her, can view it.

"The plan will commence...with a flying pokemon strike," Aryll started to explain. "There are two sides on which one can enter Goldenrod. The north, coming from the National Park near Goldenrod, Ecruteak, and Violet City, and the South, which connects to Ilex Forest, near here in Azelea. Do you all understand?"

"MA'AM! YES MA'AM!"

"Now, what does this mean?" Aryll began again. "It means --"

"Oh! Oh! I know! It means --"

"FOOL! THAT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION!" Aryll snapped. "Interrupt me again, and I PROMISE you will have a full course of STEEL WING TONIGHT!"

"S-sorry Miss!"

"In any case," Aryll began again. "It means one can come on in through from eaither the south, or the north. However...I suspect Ecruteak City is swarming with IA gym leaders, which means, the north route will be unaccessable for us to travel by foot or...whatever. This is where operation: bird strike comes in."

Aryll then paced herself to and from the room, with all eyes of the grunts stared upon her. She then got out another sheet of paper, with drawings of flying-type pokemon on it, seemingly flying in a peculiar formation. Aryll then stuck it on the wall beside where the blueprint of Goldenrod city was."

"...This formation will consist of 3 teams of flying type pokemon. Firstly, is the Mythias Squad. This squad will consist of Tailow, and Pidgey, all from each of you. This Squad will be led by, my Swellow, Codename: Mythias. This squad will travel through National Park, via Violet City. This Squad, incidentally, will be our support attack force. YOu see, they can perform Quick attack, and Aerial Ace as a combination, serve as a magnificant attack combination against any feeble pokemon they sent out. More so, with aerial attacks, we gain the advantage, since we can attack from anywhere we please. Do you all understand?"

"MA'AM! YES MA'AM!"

"The next squad will be called the MISS VAMPIRE squad. This squad will consist of Gligar, all led by my Gliscor, codename: Miss Vampire. This squad will also travel through National Park to Goldernrod from the north, via Violet City. Also, they will serve as our defense force. For if those IA fools decide to attack with electricity, the Gligar can block their feeble attacks and support with Sand-attack, and Screech attacks. Their efforts...will be in vain!"

"MA'AM! YES MA'AM!"

"Finally, the last squad will be the Cotton Candy squad. This squad will consist of Swablu, all led by my Altaria, codename: Cotton Candy. Now, this squad will travel to Goldenrod, with us, from the south, via Ilex Forest. They will serve as the recovery force. Meaning, the Swablu can protect us with Hazes, FeatherDances, and so on. Since we need these birds most of all, they will travel with us, for safety reasons. And now that you've heard all the squads...its time for us to commence."

"MA'AM! YES MA'AM!"

"THose foolish IA gym leaders..." Aryll sinisterly chuckled. "Before they know it...they're precious Goldenrod will fall to Team Rocket!"

"MA'AM! YES MA'AM!"

"Hehehehehe...Fufufufufufu...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

Years
    Gym Trainer Connor
    Cherrygrove City

"Cant let Jack down" Connor was pacing up and down the streets of Cherrygrove oblivious to all that was around him but thinking of how he could please his gym leader. As Connor paced along his Fraxure tugged at his shirt constantly trying to get his attention. Connor eventually realised his pokemons efforts and stopped to hear what he was going on about, Fraxure pointed towards a cloaked person atop an Arcanine facing off a young trainer with a Golduck.

"Great a battle but we should be looking for Chinika" Connor wasn't the smartest trainer ever heart and ambition was real what he was full of and it was his Fraxure that had to set him straight sometime. It grabbed his head and and tried to show Connor that the cloaked lady was Chinika. "Wait that's" Fraxure nodded and let out a sigh. He was hesitant now confused and not knowing what to do he began to panic and started breathing heavy until he felt a slap in his back from his pokemon. He snapped out of it and began fumbling for his phone trying to find Jack's number and dialing it as quickly as possible.

"Connor what is it" Jack answered the phone and was in no mood for any crap especially from one of his gym trainers who was notorious for being stupid.

"Am u-h a-" Connor was stuttering, nervous and hesitant not able to get his words out.

"What is it!!" Jack shouted waiting to hear something of use when it came to Team Rocket Jack wasn't playing and he needed all his trainers to be on the same page as him.

Connor snapped out of it now and began speaking clearly again " Chinika is in Cherrygrove" Jack hung up the phone as he heard those words and sent out a strongly worded text to everyone of his gym trainers telling them to converge on Cherrygrove with the exception of the one Trainer at the gym.

Gym Leader Jack
    A Couple Miles Away from Cherrygrove Ciity

Jack had found out where Chinika was and had to act on this information now. He tapped unto Sandstorms back signalling for him to go faster and faster hoping he could catch Chinika before she left knowing that no regular trainer would be able to defeat a gym leader of Chinika's quality. By now most of Jack's gym trainers should be closing in on Chinika and ready to strike when signaled. Jack finally arrived and landed on the highest point hoping not to be seen as he watched Chinika stare down the other trainer. "If this guy can weaken her I will take her out after" Jack was trying to keep his composure and trying to not making a stupid decision and spoil his element of surprise.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gym Leader Chinika
    Outskirts of Cherrygrove City

"Golduck, Water Gun!" the trainer shouted, and his pokémon obeyed without a blink.

Luke took a leap backwards and avoided the attack without much trouble. Chinika couldn't help feeling... excited. She had wanted a battle, after all. She knew somewhere inside that she shouldn't make herself worn out in case someone came that she really had to fight. But she couldn't help it. It was too fun.

"Luke, Extremespeed," she said into the ear of the Arcanine she was riding. The large tiger blinked once, and then he was gone from the spot. The other trainer watched in horror how his Golduck was knocked down by an almost invisible force again and again...

"Golduck, return!" he shouted and called the pokémon back into a pokéball. "Go, Houndoom!"

A dark hound came out of another pokéball and faced the tiger on the road. "Use Smog!" the trainer commanded.

A poisonous stream of smoke was sent from Houndoom's open mouth towards Chinika. So they were trying to poison them?

"Heat Wave!" Chinika said. Luke inhaled and then exhaled with an extremely hot breath. It worked. The breath from the tiger was so hot that it melted or scattered the poisonous material in the air in front of them. Chinika smiled at the trainers' frustrated face. She wanted to show him her strength. She wanted to show that she didn't need fire to be strong.

"What do you hope to achieve by fighting me?" she said. "Showing off you pathetic so called strength?"

The trainer didn't want to listen to her. "Houndoom, Flame Wheel!"

The dog took some steps forward and then curled up into a wheel, storming with fire. It rolled towards Chinika and Luke with an impressive speed.

"Agility!" Chinika commanded after half a second of thinking. The Arcanine barely avoided the flaming wheel with the Agility attack's power. He quickly moved about the battlefield without stopping. Chinika had felt the power and flaming heat from the flame wheel... but she knew she had to do something more to stop this.

The trainer was starting to shout another commando to Houndoom, but Chinika was faster. "Luke, Take Down."

He took a leap towards the rolling flame wheel and Chinika braced herself... the next moment, Luke were standing on the ground, his giant paws on top of a whimpering Houndoom, crushing it to the ground. Chinika let out a breath on his back. Her feet had been licked by the flames from the flame wheel, but her boots didn't seem badly hurt, nor her feet themselves. She looked up. The trainer was... either in awe or completely horrified.

"Re-return, Houndoom!" he said and made the pokémon go back into its pokéball.

"Now, convinced? Don't stand around here with all your weakness. Come with me instead and become strong."

The trainer blinked again. "What? But you're... no! Golduck!" he shouted and called out his first pokémon again. "Hydro Pump!"

The massive water beam came fast towards Luke and Chinika. So fast that they actually didn't have time to react. It struck them hard and blew them into a tree. The trainer laughed. "So easy! You just gotta choose the right attacks!"

Chinika crawled up against the tiger's skin. He really didn't like water and this had been a strong hit. He needed rest. "Thank you, Luke," she said and returned him to his pokéball. Then she stood up. She wasn't badly hurt, she might just have sprained an ankle.

"Two on two, then?" she said and held out another pokéball. "Jim!"

Her Monferno came out, incredibly happy to be of service... or at least to get out of the pokéball. He looked at Golduck and then up at Chinika. She nodded. "Take out that stupid duck," she commanded.

Jim cheered and leaped forward, with a crazy smile on his face. This scared the trainer a little.

"Golduck, Aqua Jet!"

"Jim, Flame Wheel!"

The two attacks struck in the middle of the battlefield and made both pokémon stumble backwards, probably with a headache. Golduck's attack seemed to have struck a little faster and harder, even.

"Mach Punch!"

"Confusion!"

The Monferno lounged forward incredibly quickly with his fist in front of him, but the Confusion attack from Golduck had time to start working. Jim barely missed the open shot thanks to that defense mechanism.

"Again!" the trainer shouted, since it had apparently worked.

"Jim, Fire Spin!" Chinika said, since it wouldn't really matter if Jim was slightly confused while making it.

Jim started blowing up what was soon a tornado of fire between the trainers. The Golduck didn't seem to be able to lock on to the Monferno when he didn't see it! Chinika shook her head. This trainer had still a lot to teach his pokémon.

"Strike!" she said, and Jim bent the tornado to suck Golduck in. They both twisted and fought inside for a while, until the fire apparently was too much for the water pokémon. The fire subsided and Jim was standing there with the Golduck in his arms. Fainted.

"Noo!" the trainer screamed.

"Don't worry, it was just one loss," Chinika said and walked up to Jim. "Even I lose at times. I have to. You can always get stronger."

"But... you're the terrorist... you're going to..."

"What, slice you up and send your kidney to your mum? Why would I do that?" Chinika asked with a curved brow. "I was going to ask you once again - to come with me."

"With you?"

"Yes. I can teach you things. To be strong. And I need someone to help me. You don't know what I'm trying to do. What we're all trying to do. But I can tell you the Indigo Association isn't all hearts and fluff like they want people to believe. They do many questionable things too, only difference is that they are trying to hide it. Team Rocket are trying to bring all that to the surface."

Some of this was lies, other things was what Chinika hoped for. Some of the reason that she had joined TR back then.

The trainer seemed to consider it. Some quiet seconds passed, during which the trainer just returned Golduck into its pokéball.

((OOC: Now things can get interesting... ))

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: Well, since no one has posted and some people are heading for Ecruteak, I'll spice this up again then. PREPARE FOR CHEESY POST! CHEEEEEZY.))

< theme, should be playing as post is read, for extra cheesyness 8D >

Right Hand Frederic
    Ecruteak City

Frederic walked onto the balcony on the front of the actually beautiful building that was the Ecruteak City Gym. His large traditional clothing was lighter than it looked like. It was almost like a dress, only more like the things monks and rich people used to wear on old times, than like the things Chinika put on when she had to look pretty. Chinika... he sighed toward the sky. How could things go so wrong? Already?

As he looked down, his heart skipped a beat and then sunk. Things had gone even more wrong. Already.

Down on the plaza in front of the gym, several people were standing guard, it seemed. They were wearing dark black robes and clothes, and caps on their heads ((OOC: their clothes haven't got a stupid "R" on them :/ )). Team Rocket, out in the open in Ecruteak City. What. The. Hell.

Frederic nearly jumped down the stairs in his hurry to get down and out. He ran out onto the plaza and grabbed the collar of the nearest grunt, no longer caring about people seeing. And some of the townsfolk were indeed standing in the corners of the plaza, staring without knowing what to think.

"What in the name of Lugia are you doing?" Frederic whispered, raging.

The grunt looked up at him and shook himself loose from the Right Hand's grip. "We're protecting the town."

"Protecting? You're ruining everything! You are supposed to be in hiding!"

The grunt, and several others around him (they were about 15 of them there) turned around to face Frederic. "No more hiding," a woman said. "This is our town and Chinika is our leader. The Indigo Association has turned on her, just because she's following her belief. Just like we are!"

People around the plaza who weren't wearing the black clothing started whispering and talking to each other. Frederic looked around. His cover was probably blown now as well. Oh, what the heck.

"They are coming. We've been spying on the routes near the city. They are sending people here to keep watch for Chinika when she comes back. And who knows what else they are going to do to the city?" the first grunt said, stepping closer to Frederic.

"You don't think we're stupid just because we're with Team Rocket, do you?" the woman said loudly. People around the plaza gasped. It was true then. TR was here, in their city. And Chinika was on their side. "It's quite the other way around. You know that, Frederic. You're with us too. All smart people should be. Everyone who really cares about not wanting to have their lives ruled by some bureaucrats far away at the Indigo Plateau. Chinika is our leader and she takes order only from the greatest of them all!"

Frederic couldn't help but thinking this was a bit... contradictory said. Team Rocket was also ruled by people far away. But it was true that the IA had lots of more rules and restrictions than TR had. And if you didn't follow them, or apparently if you didn't agree with them, you were suddenly called a criminal and shunned and hunted across the land. Just like Chinika now. He clutched his fists.

"You are right. That's why I am in Team Rocket as well." He said it loudly, so that the people around the plaza would hear. No meaning in keeping it secret anymore. This city loved Chinika. If she was with Team Rocket... they couldn't possibly hate Team Rocket. Could they? And everyone regarded him as a wise and trustworthy person. If he too had joined TR, then surely it meant something. Right?

A few dire seconds passed. Then a family suddenly stepped out onto the plaza towards Frederic and the grunts. It was a mother, two teenage children and a smaller girl.

"Disa," the grunt in front of Frederic said. Apparently, it was his wife.

"I believed in you," the mother Disa said.

"I..."

"And I still do. If you and Chinika... and Frederic, believe this is right. Then it's good enough for me. Team Rocket isn't the loose gang of criminals they were years ago. I'm sure. I've heard the rumors about what they've been doing. And I know how little I like the Indigo Association's way of doing things. And..." she looked at her children, the gym, the towers of Ecruteak and the rest of her beloved city. "Nothing bad has really happened to Ecruteak. The Team Rocket are humans and citizens just like all of us. We care about our city. We want freedom from meaningless regulations!"

She had been talking to the townsfolk, but now she turned back to her kids, who smiled at her, except for the small girl, who simply blinked. Then she turned to her husband. "If you are with Team Rocket, then we are too. So, where are our uniforms? Surely you have some stuffed away somewhere."

The grunt smiled, overwhelmed. "I always knew I did the right thing marrying you," he said and threw himself into her arms.

Frederic felt a bit uncomfortable and stepped back a bit, but the other grunts started cheering. Suddenly, some more people from the crowd joined in and took some steps forward. They were... actually supporting Team Rocket! Frederic felt his heart melt for Ecruteak City and it's citizens. What a moment.

Of course, there were those who didn't agree at all and mostly looked terrified. Maybe 30 % of the townsfolk who were here looked that way. Still a 70 % sympathy was pretty nice. Chinika had apparently done a great job with the city. And here he'd thought she was too immature and rash.

"Grunts," he said, knowing that he actually was first in command when she was gone, "please escort the non-sympathizers back to their homes and place an armed guard outside each house. If they object... hand them a Rocket suit and tell them to come help out the city instead."

The grunts carried out the orders, and some of the non-sympathizers tried to pretend that they did support Team Rocket now, but it was quite obvious what people did and did not like them.

"You do know we won't be able to find and isolate all those who oppose us?" the female grunt, who was named Gabriella, told him as people were moving away from the plaza, mostly to change into their new uniforms and return with their pokémon on hand and ready.

"I know. But we can't do more without seeming too harsh, can we?"

Gabriella smiled deviously. "The Ecruteak branch of TR seems a bit soft to me, actually..."

Frederic suddenly reached out and grabbed her wrist with a stern face. She gasped.

"Don't you worry about that. We might be soft when it comes to handling things delicately... but don't you worry," he said with a dangerously low voice.

Gabriella's respect for the Right Hand seemed to have risen again. She nodded and went to carry on her duties.

Frederic walked back into the gym. He too changed into a regular Rocket uniform. This way, he wouldn't be recognized as easily by the enemy. The enemy that was bound to come at any moment, to see if Chinika had fled back to her own territory. Which she hadn't. He silently wondered where she was, as he walked out of the gym again and took a good number of grunts with him to guard the eastern entrance to the city; the entrance facing Goldenrod and Olivine.

Years
    ((Attention everyone! The following post is long and packed with my usual antics, in order to make up for lost time. Thank you and have a safe day.))

Ray sullenly walks down the path between Goldenrod and the National Park, without a plan and his last nerve frayed. A step behind him, a girl roughly half his age excitedly rambles on, as she had been doing since he encountered her in the Park. The girl is short, with blue eyes and oddly pink hair. She wears a simple pair of blue jeans with a purple t-shirt.

"...and I know it's a little odd that I have your badge but not Goldenrod's, but I started out in Olivine and went allll the way to Blackthorne gathering badges. But after I lost to Ralph for the fifth time, I decided I should head back and get some training. When I heard about Kris in Goldenrod, I was like, 'Oh wow! I should have thought about going south!' And of course I had to..."

The headache spread from Ray's temples to his forehead, and the girl was still talking. Has she even stopped to breathe? I need a new plan. I'm at Goldenrod, and have no- "Ohmygod ohmygod OHMYGOD! Look at that! A Nidoran!" Something snaps in Ray's mind, the events of the previous few days finally taking their toll. "YES! IT'S A NIDORAN! JUST LIKE THE LAST THREE YOU HAD TO YELL ABOUT! YOU WANNA SEE SOMETHING REALLY SPECIAL?" Ray throws a Pokeball, releasing Shockwave. The girl's eyes go even wider (somehow) as she sees the Magnezone. She gasps loudly. "Oh, wow! I didn't see that before! Last time was a one-on-one, so I only saw your-" "I KNOW! I WAS THERE! SHOCKWAVE! THUNDER WAVE!" Magnezone releases a burst of electrical energy, the girl freezing in place as it washes over her. She slowly sinks to her knees as her muscles contract, latent electricity preventing her from moving.

Ray laughs loudly, happy for the silence. "Hahahahahaha! Finally! Now I can think in peace! You need to learn when to shut up, Pinkie!" "Sir!" Ray wheels around as he hears a voice behind him. Ten young trainers stand behind him, each wearing a matching outfit. They all wear white t-shirts, yellow slacks, and a black baseball cap. The uniform of Ray's Grunts. Except for the one girl, who's t-shirt exposes her midriff. Ray suddenly realises that this is the force of minions he had dispatched two days ago to keep an eye on Goldenrod.

One of the boys, a tall youth with orange hair, steps forward, looking aprehensive. "Sir, this is unexpected. I didn't expect you to come, and I certainly didn't expect... that." He points to Pinkie, still twitching occasionally as electricity surges through her. Ray glances at her, then back to his minions. "Yes, well, things have happened. *beep* just got real." He glances back at Shockwave, annoyed that the Magnezone had beeped in the middle of his sentence. "Chinika has come out of the closet, as it were, and exposed herself to the world. I'm under orders from Koga himself to track her down."

The boy is shocked, and a little awed. "What will we do when we find her, sir?" "How should I know? I've been walking since yesterday, trying to think! I have no idea what to do! You!" He points to the lone female, who snaps to attention and hurries forward. "Sir?" Ray points to the young girl, a look of disgust on his face. "Do something about her. And don't let her talk. I'm not sure how to get her to stop. Apart from the obvious method..." The girl salutes, going to collect the girl. "And put a proper shirt on! We have standards in Mahogany Town, girl!"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: well, since jackblaze didn't post and take Chinika when he had the chance, Chinika now moves on.))

Gym Leader Chinika
    Outside Violet City

The trainer had not agreed on following her. So Chinika had simply "disposed" of the trainer. Those who stood in her way would face that destiny. No, she didn't kill him. She simply, well, immobilized him with the help of Sandra the Lampent.

Now she was on the outskirts of Violet City, having flown there on Alex' back. She had to heal Luke somehow. But... she couldn't risk going into the pokémon center. Not even in Violet. She didn't trust the people in Miharu's town to stand by her side. But would she go to the gym instead then?

Carefully, she returned Alex the Charizard to his pokéball and sneaked up to the gym in the middle of the city. She knocked and hoped that someone would open. But maybe they wouldn't, if they saw that it was her through a window or something? She kept her hood up.

((OOC: well... Michaela isn't alive and kicking in the forums, so I guess I'll just pretend that Miharu is somewhere else and have instructed people in the gym to not let anybody in.))

Years
    (Posted from my phone so bere with me please)

Gym leader Jack
    Cherrygrove City

Jack had hesitated in acting why? She is a part of team rocket it should be easy for him to just attack er but he couldn't "damn!!" Jack slammed down his hand on the roof of the building in frustration he raised dragon pokemon for a living this should have been easier. Was it because she's a gym leader as well? Jack just needed a reason to justify why he didn't act. Whatever it was Jack was determined to find her again and next time. For now though she was nowhere to be found and Jack had to just wait for another one of his trainers to contact him again.

"Backup plan" Jack decided to go to Ecruteak City her own place. Jack knew that it was unlikely but if Chinika was loved her city half as much as Jack did Cianwood she was going to go back there sometime soon. Jack mounted Sandstorm and set off again towards Ecruteak hoping that the 2 hour fly there would clear his head even more than it need.

Ecruteak City Entrance
    Gym Leader Jack

Jack had only reached the entrance of the city before he had spotted the strange site. "What the" jack was confused everyone in the city was walking around in team rocket attire down to the little children who were playing in the streets. Jack became mad with rage, it was clear to him now Chinika and her entire city was corrupt with team rocket scum. What was the plan now? Burn the entire city to the ground with warriors help? Was Jack really that cold? Maybe he wasn't but that was the only thing he wanted to do. "Hey you!" A man who looked like a rocket grunt walked up behind Jack who was enraged at this point and wasn't willing to take any crap especially from a rocket member.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Miharu Mizushima
    Olivine City

Miharu, Ray, and Ralph went their separate ways. After a bit of searching in different areas, and trying to detect auras(1), Miharu had to admit that, no, there weren't any Team Rocket members in the city. She wondered how the poster had gotten there when she had gotten a call from one of her cellphones.

"'Lo?" she questioned.

"Miharu!" exclaimed a friendly voice from over the phone. Miharu relaxed. It was Cynthia, one of the people she had met on her journey throughout Sinnoh. Although she never went into the tournament, or battle the elite four and Cynthia, they still were very close. "I need to ask you a small favor..."

Miharu nodded, although she knew that Cynthia couldn't see her. "What is the favor?"

"Just get over here and I'll let you know," was Cynthia's reply.

Miharu blinked, wondering if it was a trap of some sort. "Alright," she said cautiously. "Now?"

"That would be very helpful, yes."

"Then I guess I will see Cynthia is a flash." Miharu shut the cellphone off and asked Bishamon to teleport her over to where Cynthia was.

---

Cooking, baking, that was the big favor. Apparently, Cynthia needed to show off some of her cooking skills on a Sinnoh talk show for whatever reason. Since Cynthia knew that Miharu could cook, she called her. However, anyone who knew Cynthia knew she was the worst cook ever. Some of her closest friends wondered how she survived during her journey if she couldn't even boil water. Cynthia never answered the question.

However, for the show, she needed something pre-made; which meant that she herself didn't have to cook anything. Although, this was Cynthia, she never gave up. So, she asked Miharu for a lesson in cooking. And it ended horribly.

A few houses caught on fire, some people got sick, and Miharu couldn't escape from Cynthia for awhile. By the time Miharu decided that she was just going to pre-make the thing herself, it was already a day or so.

Miharu had just teleported into Violet City when she got a call from Lorelei.

Miharu picked up the phone and was decidedly rather snappish. "What is it?"

"Chinka is a spy for Team Rocket," was Lorelei's reply, ignoring Miharu's tone.

"What does Lorelei want me to do about it? Go find her?"

"Well, yes."

"I'm sure that Lorelei has other people on the job. Is Lorelei saying that they are incompetent?"

"Er…"

"If Lorelei and the people she asked cannot catch one person, then maybe she does not deserve to be caught."

With that, Miharu hung up the phone. When she hung up, however, is when she felt Chinka's presence in the city. Miharu nearly groaned, if she didn't have such good control she would have. Coming to her city would probably link her to Team Rocket. Well, it doesn't really matter anyways. There was the attack against Goldenrod City that was supposed to happen soon. Miharu weighed the options of allowing Chinka to stay in the gym, before deciding to let her. However, she knew that Chinka probably would be cautious as to who broke her cover with the Indigo Association. However, she knew a way to get in contact with Chinka without being detected. And since Chinka was in the same city as her, she didn't need Satoshi to help amplify her powers.

Chinka. Go to the gym and gather any materials Chinka may need, or heal up Chinka's pokemon. I will not be there, nor will anyone be. We will report this to the police as a break-in after Chinka has moved far enough away. I will try to direct some people hunting Chinka away, just to give Chinka a sporting chance. Good luck.

With that, Miharu walked away from the gym and into the Pokemon Trainers' School. It was awhile since she spoke to the upcoming trainers.

(1) By "auras" I don't mean like aura like Lucario, I mean like, I guess one could say, soul.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Gym Leader Ralph
    Blackthorn City

Ralph had made his 3 hour long journey back to Blackthorn after the disappointing turn of events in Olivine. As far as he knew, the entire trip had been a waste of time, and Ralph was fed up with it. He had questions, things that didn't add up. Was there even really a secret Team Rocket thing going on between some of the leaders, was there really any trouble at all? Was the whole thing just a rouse?

Ralph didn't know, and at the moment, didn't care. He had been gone for a while, and while no one in Blackthorn knew, he still wished to make up for lost time. Besides, if they needed any help, they now had his number.

Ralph agreed to take on extra challengers, and there were a few challenges already. Ralph walked through the arena, and spoke to his assistant, who said a trainer was waiting. Ralph proceeded to the main area, and there stood a boy in his early teens, with spikey black hair. He was smiling, a number of other badges on his chest.

"I challenge you, Ralph! Let's make it a two on two battle!" Ralph smiled, and nodded.

"Alright, go Houndoom."

"Go, Raichu!" A Raichu appeared. Ralph kept on smiling. He finally felt at ease and normal again.

"Raichu, use Thundershock!" The Raichu charged forward and activated his attack.

"Houndoom, dodge right, then use Flamethrower!" The Houndoom responded, and the attack nailed the Raichu right in his chest. The Raichu back away, injured. The trainer looked worried.

"Ahh...come on Raichu, use Take Down!" Ralph responded right away at the oncoming Pokemon.

'Wait for the exact moment, Houndoom...wait for it...now, use Crunch!" The Houndoom waited until the Raichu was right next to him, and then bit his neck. The Raichu fell down, fainted. The trainer returned him, a worried look on his face.

"Uh...go Nidoqueen!" The Nidoqueen appeared.

"Use Body Slam!" The Pokemon ran at the Houndoom, and then jumped into the air with an intent to use Body Slam.

"Houndoom, hold your ground, and use Blast Burn!" The Houndoom powered up, not moving an inch as the Nidoqueen came at him. He then launched his powerful attack at the Pokemon in the air. The attack was so deadly that the Nidoqueen, even with all her weight, was never able to finish the attack, and was knocked away. The boy looked in awe as he lost the battle. Ralph smiled and looked at him.

"Good match. Better go heal your Pokemon. Come again soon." He walked away, finally feeling at home again. He was glad to be back.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Right Hand Frederic
    Ecruteak City Entrance

"Hey, you!"

A rocket grunt had called out the words in the otherwise pretty quiet Ecruteak City. Frederic just came around a corner to give instructions to the grunts at the city gate, when he heard it.

The grunt walked up to the man, who was... Frederic swallowed. It was Jack, the gym leader of Cianwood. One not on their list of allies. He saw on Jack's confused and increasingly angered face that he was surprised by all the Team Rocket uniforms around him and didn't like it one bit. It was only a matter of time before he'd act. Frederic decided to not act first, even though he knew Jack had dragon type pokémon that could be a tough match for the fire types that most of the citizens of Ecruteak used. But he wanted to try and make things go calmer...

He walked closer to the gates and Jack. "Jack," he said when he was close enough for the man to hear. "Welcome back to Ecruteak. You might think some things have changed. But they were really this way all along. Don't blame yourself for not noticing. We are simply skilled at hiding. So... were you paying a visit to Chinika? I'm afraid she hasn't come home yet."

He wasn't using a sarcastic voice, rather he was using an overly polite one that made the TR member that had first approached Jack snarl. Frederic wasn't expecting a polite answer... but he just couldn't start things out with being rude. That would not be stylish. He couldn't help feeling Chinika's absence wasn't all bad right now; she would have rushed right in and sent Alex the Charizard flying at Jack before his hands had even reached his pokéballs.

Back