• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rockets Rising (T)

Years
    Ray sees his minions enter the Center, and casually waves. They sit down by him, acting friendly. Ray rubs the side of his face where he had been hit. "Okay, things went down. Things got real. They hit the fan, even. So. New plan. We-" His phone chirps at him, causing him to sputter angrily. "What? What now?" He quickly checks the email, seeing it's from Chinika. "Oh great. A formal dinner party. Guys, we're going home. I have to get ready. I hate this town already."

As the three head out, Ray makes a call to the Mahogany Gym. He hears his own voice answer, perfectly imitated by his lieutenant, Jewel. "Jewel, it's me. Get my electric car and meet me by Mt. Mortar. Bring my outfit and something for yourself to wear. We've been invited to a dinner."

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Chinika smiled. "Great! Then I'll arrange something." Realizing she might have sounded a bit too happy, she added: "And we'll soon thwart those dark plans of Team Rocket's."

"Ah, well I…" Kelvin mumbled inaudibly. How could he refuse her? But, of course things seemed to be progressing quite quickly. His knees shook a little. "Um… will there…" And she was gone. He had probably moved too slow.

Why can't I ever seem to spit things out fast enough? Kelvin took a deep breath and then joined Jack. There were a few trainers swarming him. "Tommy? Penny?" He could recognize a few. "What are you doing here?" Oh, right. This isn't my gym. He sported an awkward smile. This whole ordeal bothered him.
    "The meeting will be in a large hall here in Ecruteak, near the temple. At 8 o'clock this evening. I've arranged with quarters for you here in my gym if you feel you should want to stay here and rest until then. They are in the back," she said, pointing towards a corridor leading from the big hall on the other side of the gym, "with a view of our fabulous garden."

Her announcement shook him a little. Even longer in foreign territory? "I'm just worried about the troubles that Team Rocket could create in our absence. Do you think it'd be safe?"

Kris arrived just after Kelvin pitched in his two cents. His speech, however, remained unfazed. Things were proceeding faster than expected and he needed time to process things.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Gym Leader Ralph
    Blackthorn City

Ralph woke up on his desk, his arm and head a bit sore. He had fallen asleep working all night, again. He stretched a bit and looked around. The night had passed and now it was day. The bright lights of the outside filling the gym. Ralph looked over his papers on his desk before getting up and pouring himself some coffee.

On the way, his mind was on the emails he had received from citizens. For the most part, this system seemed to be working, but every once in a while, some idiots would sent death threats and such. Ralph tried not to pay it any mind. It came with the job. On his way back to the laptop, he looking outside the window at Blackthorn City. It was not home, his home, and he found himself loving it dearly. He remembered his first time in this town. It was his favorite town, and now, he was gym leader of it. Fate smiled upon him, it seemed.

Ralph went back to the laptop and refreshed his email page. There were a few complaint mails....but also something from the gym leader at Ecruteak City. Ralph had not ever spoken to the other gym leaders before. He was aware of all of them by name, but he hadn't ever really communicated with them yet. He had only been gym leader for such a short time.

The email, sent by Chinika, detailed a dinner there were to have at 8 o' clock. He looked at his watch. It was a little after 10 in the morning, so he would be able to make it. Ralph didn't like the idea of leaving his town just when he was getting more comfortable with the townsfolk, but knew this was important, and it would probably have something to do with their safety anyways.

Ralph packed what he needed quickly: food, money, etc. He couldn't help but feel a bit nervous, but you wouldn't be able to tell from looking at him. He always looked like he was pissed off or in a bad mood. Ralph didn't understand it. He usually wasn't, but apparently his facial expression gave off that look. He was working on improving it, like with an occasional smile he had been practicing, but that turned out to be even creepier.

Once he was ready to go, he called out a Pokemon from the PokeBall.

"Honchkrow!" His Honchkrow appeared from his ball. His wings expanded, as if stretching.

"Good nap? Time to spread your wings, friend. We're going to Ecruteak." Honchkrow cawed in excitement.

Ralph put up a note on the gym, saying he would be gone for a bit, leaving his assistance in charge of maintaining the gym and running the town. They were good people, especially Carl and Shawn. He had become fast friends with them, and they saw past his outwards demeanor, eventually.

Ralph took off towards Ecruteak.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: Just one thing, NAKUZAMI. Please edit your post to have Kris go by car or with the help of a pokémon. Walking between towns by foot takes a day :s ))

Gym Leader Chinika
    Ecruteak City

"I'm just worried about the troubles that Team Rocket could create in our absence," Kelvin said, slightly sharper than his usual tone. "Do you think it'd be safe?"

Chinika watched him for a second. He was really worried about his town and citizens. But he looked pretty weak. He wasn't really Rocket material... or was he? He could probably easily be won over. Chinika respected that he cared about his minions. She did too. The Team Rocket leader, their great invisible leader in Johto, didn't really care as much... he shaped the view people had on TR. But Chinika was trying to change that. TR made life simpler for people. By bringing organization while taking away unnecessary rules. Sure, it was still about survival of the fittest. But that was good for the population as a whole, in the long run.

She would try to win Kelvin over. Soon. As soon as it was time to reveal her true self.

"I understand," she said. "It's noon now. f you have some kind of means to travel quickly to Olivine and back again before the meeting, you are of course free to do so. Otherwise, I don't doubt the loyal trainers in your gym will manage to keep the town safe from pesky criminals who put up posters in the streets, for just one day... do you doubt them?"

Just then, a black haired young man was walking into the gym, saying "How do you do?"

Chinika straightened up, with a smile and a gleam in her eyes. It was him. Kris, the gym leader of Goldenrod. Her target... Or at least he had been at the start of all this. Now who knew what would happen after the talks on the meeting? Maybe some measures the IA members wanted to take would halt her own plans... we'll just see.

Jack seemed to grunt and wander off to find his quarters or something. "Welcome, Kris if I'm not wrong?" she said, stepping up to the newcomer. "Glad to see you're here so quickly."

"If you'll excuse me, I have to go take care of some matters." And with that, she bowed ever so subtle and went out of the gym, making sure to spot Frederic before she left. He would make sure those guys didn't snoop around... not that they had any reason to suspect her. Yet.

Outdoors, she breathed for a moment. Before walking seemingly mindlessly down the street, taking a long way around things and eventually ending up at the Elaborate Hall. It was a great house, situated between the two towers of Ecruteak. It was used for great feasts or important speeches or events. And now, there would be a dinner inside. She started talking to the people organizing the place about setting up the tables and cooking the food. It should be ready when she brought the gym leaders here tonight.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: I quote the first post on the first page
    Go to the OOC thread to read the rules and sign up.
    Currently no spots are open, though.
    So, no, sorry. ))

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    "I understand," she said. "It's noon now. f you have some kind of means to travel quickly to Olivine and back again before the meeting, you are of course free to do so. Otherwise, I don't doubt the loyal trainers in your gym will manage to keep the town safe from pesky criminals who put up posters in the streets, for just one day... do you doubt them?"

"That last part was a low blow," Kelvin muttered under his breath. Well, I do know of one prepared Sneasel. He chuckled a bit. "Alright. I'll stay here in Ecruteak." And of course, Chinika was gone.

Kelvin moved over towards where Jack was. Ecruteak is known for its dance hall, right?

"Hmm." He was now in thought. "I could probably use this time to get some training in." Kelvin released his Froslass from the Pokeball. "Would you happen to know where the dance hall is? This one is particularly fond of the steps."

Years
    Ray had been walking for a while, leaving Ecruteak behind him. He angrily loosens his tie, Mt. Mortar looming ahead. "Boys, remind me to burn that town down when I take over. Wait. Just the Dance Hall." His Grunts remain silent, letting him fume for awhile.

As they approach the path through the mountain, a young woman runs up to them. She has shoulder-length red hair, a black baseball cap and work boots, a white T-shirt, and yellow pants. She grins, handing a bag to Ray. "Here ya go, boss! Didja have a good time?"

Ray gives her a look, headed toward the cave. "You could have met us closer to town, Jewel. Where's the car?" Jewel follows him, pointing to the cave. "Parked just outside, by a tree." Ray changes out of his disguise and into his regular, eclectic outfit. He pulls on his welding glove and lowers his large shades over his eyes, directing his Grunts. "Men! Head back to town. Keep things running and don't call me unless something goes catastrophically wrong. Jewel, let's go to Ecruteak." "You got it, boss!"

They enter the car, and Ray sends out Thunderpunch, his Electabuzz. They hook a pair of wires from the battery to his antennas, powering the electric motor. The two drive off toward Ecruteak, arriving around 3 PM. The two Grunts resume their slow walk back to Mahogany.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: Posting in the main thread just to make sure everybody sees. Is it ok if we skip ahead in time to when the meeting (dinner) is about to begin? At 8 PM.

You can write in your next post everything you do that day that leads up to the meeting, and end the post with sitting down at the big oval table in the large room of Ecruteak's Elaborate Hall, a traditional looking building just in between the two towers. The room has got big windows on all sides that let in the late sunshine.

The guests are placed: Ray, Chinika, Miharu, Kellyn, Aryll, Kelvin, Jack, Ralph and then Kris next to Ray to close the circle. You are allowed to have one "servant" or attaché of some sort standing behind your chair if you like, but not participating in the dinner. There are waiters and waitresses (under Chinika's command) to serve you if you should need more to drink or anything else. ))

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    The flight to Ecruteak was uneventful, although a little long. Ralph pondered what he would and would not say along the way towards the meeting. No doubt, what could be said here could decide what happens for years to come around here. How they address the "problem" of Team Rocket could shape Johto completely.

Ralph passed over a few sites along the way to Ecruteak. He flew over the top of the mountain that led to the Ice Path, and through Mahogany Town. Once over Mahogany, he touched down to resupply a bit and give his Pokemon a break. Once they were both ready, they took off again. He flew over part of the Dark Cave as well. He made Honchkrow touch down right outside of Ecruteak, not wishing to come inside the city itself and making a scene. As far as he was concerned, he wanted to make as much attention to himself as possible. Ralph walked the rest of the way.

He checked his watch. The dinner was at 8. He made it to Ecruteak with limited stops around 6. He had a little time to rest, and he did, going off to a rest house and relaxing. At around 7:50, me made his way towards Ecruteak's Elaborate Hall taking his time. He'd hate to be the last to arrive, but also didn't want to be the first.

Ralph sighed, opened the door, and walked in.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gym Leader Chinika
    Ecruteak City's Elaborate Hall

The table was set. The lanterns on the walls were lightened to give a pleasant light to the big room. Candles were on the table, but not so many so that it would be difficult to see one another across the table. Food was there, covered up and would be uncovered by the waiters as soon as all the guests had settled. Chinika put her hands together and smiled. If it wasn't for the serious matter they would be discussing, this would be quite the nice evening.

She wondered if she would be the one to step up and take command. The meeting required a leader of some kind. She actually didn't want to be the one... even if they were in her land now. Hm, hadn't Jack been the one to request the meeting? Maybe it would be best to let a true IA member lead it all. Chinika decided to ask him when he arrived.

Just then, Ralph walked in through the doors. He was the first. The leader of Blackthorn, if Chinika recalled correctly. She walked up to him.

"Greetings," she said. "I'm Chinika, leader of Ecruteak City, in case you weren't aware of that before. I take it you are Ralph of Blackthorn? I have seen you before but I don't think we've spoken. Please take your seat at the table, when you wish to. There will be a dinner while we have our meeting and your names have been placed out randomly."

The last part was a lie, and the TR leaders could probably understand that when they saw that they were placed next to each other. But Ralph needed not know.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Gym Leader Ralph
    Ecruteak City, Elaborate Hall

Ralph walked in to a set table. The candles were lit and the food was in their dishes. A woman walked up to him. She had curly-like orange-red hair.

"Greetings," she said. "I'm Chinika, leader of Ecruteak City, in case you weren't aware of that before. I take it you are Ralph of Blackthorn? I have seen you before but I don't think we've spoken. Please take your seat at the table, when you wish to. There will be a dinner while we have our meeting and your names have been placed out randomly."

Ralph nodded to her and spoke.

"A pleasure to meet you, Chinika." His voice sounded as cold as ever. It wasn't Ralph's fault. His voice always sounded like this. He wasn't angry, he just always sounded that way. Ralph didn't expect to get along with the other gym leaders anyways, he only expected to get things done, no matter what it was, and get back as soon as possible. He didn't want to be gone long. But he didn't want to seem in a hurry either.

Ralph sat down in the chair assigned to him, and waited. He remembered he could have brought one person with him, but decided not too. He hoped he wouldn't need it. Most likely not. None of the others arrived yet, so Ralph crossed his arms and leaned in his chair. Ralph made occasional glances to Chinika. This was the first gym leader he had met out of all of them. Ralph couldn't say exactly what she was like, as they had just met, but hopefully this meeting would shed light on all of their positions. Ralph wondered to himself if any of the gym leaders were really associated with Team Rocket, or if that was a myth. Perhaps this dinner might say, but perhaps not. They wouldn't likely reveal themselves as members anyways.

Last edited:
    Years
    Gym Leader Jack
    Ecruteak City's Elaborate Hall

Jack laid down on the bed he was provided with and was staring at the ceiling. He was deep in thought thinking about precaution she would take to ensure team rocket never even think of going to his beloved Cianwood. Just the thought of Team Rocket disgusted Jack and hoped that the gym leaders at the meeting today had the same hatred of them as he did. Speaking of meeting Jack decided to make his way to the hall of the gym ensuring that he wouldn't be late for a meeting he wanted in the first place.

Jack walked into the hall silently and just started observing what was going on around. Jack took out his pokegear and started reading up on the gym leader who he had identified as Ralph. Jack took these measure because of all the gossip about corrupt gym leaders. "Ralph of Blackthorn City" Jack whispered to himself, if the rumors of deception among gym leaders were true Jack would try to determine who they could possibly be. Jack ruled out Kris, Chinika and Kelvin so if anyone was a part of Team Rocket it would be one of the other four gym leaders.

Jack found his name at the table and took his seat waiting for everyone else to arrive.

Years
    Having arrived a few hours early, Ray takes some time to rest and ensure his earlier presence wasn't detected. He cleans himself up, makes sure he doesn't have anything from the city, and lays down for a quick nap.

Ray wakes up to find Jewel standing over him, watching him. "Wha? What are you doing? What time is it?" She grins, holding a large clock up. "7:30. Just enough time to get to the meeting." Ray gets ready, heading over to the hall. He deliberately avoids the Dance Theatre.

He enters the Elaborate Hall, and notices that it lives up to it's name. A large table waits for the Leaders, so Ray finds his spot. He nods to everyone already there, taking a seat where his name card is. "Jewel, wait outside. Important Leader stuff, and to be honest, you're a little unsettling to be around." Jewel grins, bows, and leaves.

Ray sits quietly with his arms crossed, waiting for something to happen.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    ((OOC: Kind of waiting for PartiallyInsane to post since the Pokemon Center thing was her idea, but I can do a time-skip.))

Miharu Mizushima, Ecruteak City Pokemon Center

After teleporting Kellyn and herself to the Ecruteak City Pokemon Center, she left Kellyn to her grunts. She did not need to be there; if needed, she could always get the information from their minds later. Either way, she had time to kill.

Master, there is going to be a dinner at the Elaborate Hall for the gym leaders. I am not entirely sure if it will be formal or not, though.

Miharu nodded. Thanks for the notice Bishamon. Perhaps I should head home in order to change.

Bishamon nodded, then proceeded to teleport Miharu back to her house.

---

Miharu appeared in front of the Elaborate Hall at exactly 8:01pm. She was wearing a kimono with black as the base colour. There were small, pink cherry blossoms that were the design of the kimono. Her hair was up using chopsticks. She wore no make-up on her face, though. She walked inside.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Kris Kollyns
    Ecruteak's Elaborate Hall
    Pokeguard...

-----

I walked into the Elaborate Hall of Ecruteak. I noticed that there were already five people in the hall, one of them was Chinika. The other four were Ray, Jack, Ralph, and Miharu. Miharu was wearing a black kimono and had her hair up with some chopsticks, which I was pretty sure was unusual for her. Well, I guessed she had decided to wear something a little more formal, I however did not. I was wearing my regular clothes, but it made no difference to me.

I walked over to the table and found my seat. It was between Ray and Ralph. I sat down and Crescar took a position behind me. Sure, he wasn't really a person, but he was still a bodyguard no less. I leaned back in my chair, crossed my arms, and waited.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gym Leader Chinika

Several of them had come now. Chinika walked up to Jack at his place. He looked stern. Chinika suddenly wondered what it would be like to face him in battle. Probably harsh. He was the master of dragon types, that could crush most other types rather easily. Many trainers had great difficulties with his gym unless they came up with clever strategies. Which is another important aspect to pokémon training.

"Jack," she said quietly so that the other gym leaders wouldn't hear her. "Since it was your idea to have a meeting and you and Kelvin were the first ones to see the signs of Team Rocket, do you want to do the honor and lead the meeting? I figure you might have a calmer and wiser approach to it than I."

After the last words, she gave him a strained smile, as to show that she doubted herself. And to tell the truth, she actually did. She had learned to be and authority at her own gym, but to lead a meeting with so many other important people... she normally just led her own grunts.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Gym Leader Aryll
    Azalea Town, Slowpoke Well

Aryll arrived at Azalea sometime later with her Altaria. She was at the slowpoke well, awaiting reports from the other grunts.

"Well?" Aryll hastily asked. "I'm waiting."

"Miss Aryll!" one of the grunts said. "You have received a invitation in the e-mail. Its from Miss Chinika!"

"...What is it about?" Aryll asked, intrigued.

"Its a formal invitation to a dinner of some sorts," the grunt explained. "All gym leaders are to attent. What do you attend to do, Miss?"

"To be blunt, I don't trust her, " Aryll replied. "However, I'll play her little tete' game."

Aryll then looked around the hideout, until she spotted one of the grunts.

"You." she said while pointing at her.

"Yes miss!" the grunt replied.

"You are to be my bodyguard. If anything happens, this is just a safety precaution. Be sure to change into a civilian's outfit."

"Yes miss!" the grunt replied.

It was then that Aryll nodded and exited the well with the grunt trailing behind her.

"Lets take the jeep miss," the grunt suggested. "We should be in ecruteak within the hour or so."

"Don't be long now," Aryll said. "We don't have all day."

"Miss!"

A few minutes later, Aryll was in her traditional dinner dress, and the grunt was in a suit and tie. They were both in the jeep with the grunt in the wheel. He turned the key i nthe ammounition, and started the jeep. He started to drive hastily away.

During the drive, Aryll had her arms cross, thinking about what is expected in the dinner.

"Before the night is through..." she said. "...The battles will take place."

Two hours later, they arrived in ecruteak. The grunt parked the van near the hall where the dinner was to take place. The grunt got out of the jeep, to open the door for Aryll, thus Aryll stepped out of the jeep. A few seconds of walking, they reached the entrance of the hall.

Gym Leader Aryll
    Ecruteak Elaborate Hall

Aryll and the grunt found themselves to the table, not in any interest in talking with anybody. She then sat at a chair in the formal table, with all the other gym leaders.

"...This is Patrick," Aryll explained. "I brought him along as a special guest."

Years
    (OOC: I know two people haven't reached yet but this looks like its dying so here I go)

Gym Leader Jack

Jack listened keenly to the words Chinika had whispered to him and could see a sense of nervousness coming from her. Two words that Chinika said that caught Jack's ears were "calmer" and "wiser" and couldn't help but grin when he heard her say that but knowing that he was perceived as a calm and wise there was no sense spoiling that by getting up and talking about crushing Team Rocket with an iron fist.

"Guess I should" Jack said calmly as he stood to his feet and cleared his throat in an effort to get the attention of the other gym leaders. "Firstly we should be thanking Chinika here for supplying us with a place to have this meeting" Jack always thought that people deserved credit when it was due and the fact that Chinika set this entire thing up in such short notice impressed him alot. "But now to all the serious matter of Team Rocket" Jack looked around at the reactions of the other gym leaders keenly. "I know I'm not the only one who hates those sons of.." Jack tried to control himself just the memories of Team Rocket would get him upset but he had to try and keep his composure. Jack took the flier from earlier out of his pocket and passed it to Ralph the gym leader beside him. "Read and pass it around" Jack wanted to know the opinions of the other gym leaders so he allowed them time to read the flier before returning to his speech.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Gym Leader Ralph

Ralph leaned in as Jack began to speak next to him. He was all ears on this meeting. He would absorb everything said, and then comment when needed, but Ralph decided to keep his talking an opinions to a minimum. It was the best choice for someone in his position, barely trying to kick off his position as gym leader.

"Firstly we should be thanking Chinika here for supplying us with a place to have this meeting. But now to all the serious matter of Team Rocket."

Team Rocket, so this is what this is about, Ralph thought to himself.

"I know I'm not the only one who hates those sons of.."

Jack looked like he was trying to calm himself down as he took out a flier from his pocket and passed it to Ralph.

Ralph took the flier and read it over. Then he did something he probably shouldn't have. He smiled. It was a quick gesture, and he hoped no one noticed it. Ralph did so because of what he believed was a very interesting thing. He thought to himself.

I hadn't realized Team Rocket was in the open advertising business.

It was true, some things don't add up, and this certainly didn't, to which Ralph made two conclusions. They were either a silly band of nobodies that didn't know better, or they were strong and powerful enough that they knew no one could do anything about it anyways. Ralph hoped it was the former as he passed the paper to a gym leader with semi-long brown hair and bluish gray eyes. He thought that was Kris, if he wasn't mistaken.

Back