• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
FMA and Darker than BLACK are pretty dark for Anime, as well as Death Note.

I love good stories, great action, and maybe some comedic remarks. However, Panty shots / Ecchi and innapropriate things like such I generally try to avoid, as they derive from the plot entirely.

Ahahaha, you think those are dark?

Anyway guys, this isn't the right discussion for the Roleplay Lounge, let's stick to talking about Roleplay, not our likes/dislikes with Anime, there's another part of the forum for that.

Question: In your opinion, how many Roleplayers is too many for a Roleplay and why?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Anyway guys, this isn't the right discussion for the Roleplay Lounge, let's stick to talking about Roleplay, not our likes/dislikes with Anime, there's another part of the forum for that.

Question: In your opinion, how many Roleplayers is too many for a Roleplay and why?

Thank you for changing the topic, lol.

Answering your question, hm... I've always though more than 10 is too much, at least for me, lol. Mainly because I keep forgetting names and stuff and who is interacting with whom :x

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

イチロさん!なまえはキバですよ!

Ahem, anyways.

Yes, they are dark. On FMA, there's a whole chunk of story about how the guy sacrificed his own wife to make the talking chimera, just to get his alchemy licence, and then sacrificing his dog and his 4 year old daughter to make another one, just to redeem his licence. Pretty sickening story, but that makes it interesting.

Hm... Maybe we should have a Dragonball or FMA RP...

How many roleplays? I think I can handle up to five, if they're all regularly active. Still have to deal with school and life, ya know.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
イチロさん!なまえはキバですよ!

Ahem, anyways.

Yes, they are dark. On FMA, there's a whole chunk of story about how the guy sacrificed his own wife to make the talking chimera, just to get his alchemy licence, and then sacrificing his dog and his 4 year old daughter to make another one, just to redeem his licence. Pretty sickening story, but that makes it interesting.

Hm... Maybe we should have a Dragonball or FMA RP...

How many roleplays? I think I can handle up to five, if they're all regularly active. Still have to deal with school and life, ya know.

Ahaha we had a Dragonball RP which had come up a few months back. It never got too far though, it seemed really cool. It was made by GameOver, maybe you should talk to him and work something out?

Anyways, I think you misread the question xD Ichiro was asking how many Roleplayers do you think is correct for a Roleplay here's hoping I didn't misread that lol

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Ahaha we had a Dragonball RP which had come up a few months back. It never got too far though, it seemed really cool. It was made by GameOver, maybe you should talk to him and work something out?

Anyways, I think you misread the question xD Ichiro was asking how many Roleplayers do you think is correct for a Roleplay here's hoping I didn't misread that lol

You read it correct, Deep.

In my case, Atlantis Arising has 12, but for me, 10 is an ideal maximum otherwise the thread starts to become cluttered and things get confusing. I'm just lucky to have such awesome Roleplayers that it hasn't become cluttered......yet.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Ah, I see my mistake.

I think 10 sounds reasonable, though my norm is usually 8. I'm not sure why though.

King!

better
Years
I think it depends on the roleplay, tbh. For things like journey RP's I think 5-7 is a good maximum. But then there are things like the trainer academy which has like a bunch I guess and that seems to work xD I think it all depends on what the creator has in mind, etc. But I think that the max I could handle is about 8...I couldn't keep up with very many n.n'

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
i like small roleplays that are feel exclusive and a small group of friends. Of course, then people miss out. I think thats what i liked most about focus shift, the 6 or 7 of us that started.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
In my opinion, RPs with 10 to 12 RPers, at the most, are the best. With that many, things can flow easy and nothing gets too confusing.

On the other hand (with some shameful advertising), ZeroDarkness and I opened a Bleach RP with a very unique storyline. It would be great if some people showed some interest or may give us criticism on how it could be better.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I prefer smaller role plays, seven or eight people (including myself) max. This is probably because most of my RPs have been one on ones or on a certain pet site, where people post every 10 minutes or so and it's really fast. However, I do agree with the notion that the right amount is however many the creator feels is necessary for the type of RP.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm not really sure on this question. I used to think small RPs with around 4 people were the best. That way it wouldn't move very very fast and even if it did, not so many would get behind. Because!

But, if you are to have only say 4 players, you have to be extra careful with what players you pick for your RP. If one or two suddenly leaves or disappears or aren't posting enough, your RP can become rather echoing. If you instead have 8 or more RPers, there's always someone around to post even if some others aren't posting very often.

I take Arcanum, my current journey RP, as an example. Each player are posting max two times a month because we do rather long posts that take some time and thought to write. There it is good to have as much as 8 players, because there's always someone to post now and then even if each individual doesn't post very often.

In RPs where shorter posts with more interaction are common though, it's probably a good idea to have 6 or less players to avoid confusion. That's what I've experienced at least but I don't claim to be stating facts :3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

I take Arcanum, my current journey RP, as an example. Each player are posting max two times a month because we do rather long posts that take some time and thought to write. There it is good to have as much as 8 players, because there's always someone to post now and then even if each individual doesn't post very often.

Haha, yeah, I guess it's going to be a very long running RP, huh? I think I'm pretty sure about that. c:

Also, loved your VR idea. Kind of similar to digi//tamed, but whatever! It's still pretty cool! :D

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
To anyone of an relevance (meaning anyone I'm currently in a RP with), I'm hoping to get a charger for my laptop soon and when I'll finally be able to post and you guys can stop bunnying me~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Haha, yeah, I guess it's going to be a very long running RP, huh? I think I'm pretty sure about that. c:

Also, loved your VR idea. Kind of similar to digi//tamed, but whatever! It's still pretty cool! :D

Hopefully it won't always be as slow :p but yeah we're far from the end ;)

Thanks! And yes, I loved the idea of making an avatar in a game instead of playing as someone who took the pokemon world as reality. And being stuck inside a game should make a nice twist to the journey.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Hopefully it won't always be as slow :p but yeah we're far from the end ;)

Thanks! And yes, I loved the idea of making an avatar in a game instead of playing as someone who took the pokemon world as reality. And being stuck inside a game should make a nice twist to the journey.

You know what, at first I was thinking about introducing my character from digi//tamed in VR, but he was more suited for a dark RP. I was actually thinking about taking two random appearances from my previous SUs and using them here xD; I dunno, I just think it would be cool/interesting.

And I really think we should have people who are into EV training/grinding here, that would be cool.

@Zerin: I'm pretty sure he meant, "I are bad eengleesh student"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back