• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I feel that the RP corner seems way to cluttered, there's too many active RPs. If only there were a way to filter it to be easier to find stuff. Just my input.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hmmm, there is a way to filter it. I could be tougher when deciding what RPs to allow.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Hmmm, there is a way to filter it. I could be tougher when deciding what RPs to allow.

BLARGH! That might actually be good. I feel that there's way too many RPs, and honestly, some don't seem like they deserved to live (plot-wise/whatever-wise) not gonna name any...*whistles casually*

Grrr...of2schoolIgo...

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
So, I didn't know where else I could post this, I decided that this would be as good a place as any.

I'm Pikakip, I've been part of the forums for about 2 years, and I joined almost exclusively for the Roleplay corner. I've been in more RPs then I can count and I've GMed 2. Anyway, I'm working on an RP with 2 other PC recluses and I wanted to see how it would go over.

At the core it's an Adventure RP, and we have 6 slots available. The end goal of the RP is to beat the elite four eventually, and to win the 'Prize' that Is mentioned in the actual RP. But here's the catch: It's based off of The Nuzlocke challenge.

I'd post more, But I have to go to school.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So, I didn't know where else I could post this, I decided that this would be as good a place as any.

I'm Pikakip, I've been part of the forums for about 2 years, and I joined almost exclusively for the Roleplay corner. I've been in more RPs then I can count and I've GMed 2. Anyway, I'm working on an RP with 2 other PC recluses and I wanted to see how it would go over.

At the core it's an Adventure RP, and we have 6 slots available. The end goal of the RP is to beat the elite four eventually, and to win the 'Prize' that Is mentioned in the actual RP. But here's the catch: It's based off of The Nuzlocke challenge.

I'd post more, But I have to go to school.

That would be so very cool! I joined a Nuzlocke RP a while back, but we never started it. I think you'd have to have proper rules so that people won't make their pokémon invincible though...

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
My,my the rp section seems to have been restored to its former glory, this is a surprise. I might end up making an rp of my own, I still have Lunar Dawn lying around somewhere, that might be fun to put on a more public forum, haha.

But I'd have to tone it down A LOT. /sigh

Meh, I'll think about it. Vita ut Nex, and the Cult might be good to run again, I'll ask Zeta about it, haha. of course playing rp master and making the OOC thread again would be...

HNNNGH OOC THREAD DX

Although I do see a few rp's that are...not to my standards of rping because I am very harsh when judging rp's and sign-ups[because I'm used to walls of written text that take at least 5 minutes to read through] overall, I must applaud the new mod for doing such a good job. ^^

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
@Yuukihime: Erm... I don't think we ever really used the OOC threads... And I haven't checked around here in a while, because... it was pretty bad a while ago... I think I might look through some of the newer RPs.

Also: I might make a Touhou RP, if I can come up with a plotline... Iunno, I was kind of disappointed that Shanghai Alice's didn't get off of the ground, I liked the premise.

That's the problem when RPing a fandom that isn't the fandom this site isn't focusing on, but it's understandable as to why.

baseballa34657

Roleplaying Assasin
Years
@Yuukihime: Erm... I don't think we ever really used the OOC threads... And I haven't checked around here in a while, because... it was pretty bad a while ago... I think I might look through some of the newer RPs.

Also: I might make a Touhou RP, if I can come up with a plotline... Iunno, I was kind of disappointed that Shanghai Alice's didn't get off of the ground, I liked the premise.

That's the problem when RPing a fandom that isn't the fandom this site isn't focusing on, but it's understandable as to why.

TOUHOU! Frikkin sweet! Although I just got introduced to the game, it still is AWESOME. I'd join that RP in a heartbeat.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
My,my the rp section seems to have been restored to its former glory, this is a surprise. I might end up making an rp of my own, I still have Lunar Dawn lying around somewhere, that might be fun to put on a more public forum, haha.

But I'd have to tone it down A LOT. /sigh

Meh, I'll think about it. Vita ut Nex, and the Cult might be good to run again, I'll ask Zeta about it, haha. of course playing rp master and making the OOC thread again would be...

HNNNGH OOC THREAD DX

Although I do see a few rp's that are...not to my standards of rping because I am very harsh when judging rp's and sign-ups[because I'm used to walls of written text that take at least 5 minutes to read through] overall, I must applaud the new mod for doing such a good job. ^^
*blush* Thanks ^^

I am rather loose on accepting RPs... because there are a lot of people who don't want ultra complicated plots or gameplay styles. And we want to let them come here without feeling too intimidated.

I strongly dislike one liners (and often one paragraphs) though. I'm only throwing that opinion out here.

Cubaser

Cercatori d'Arte
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2011
My friend showed me this site, so when I saw that there was a roleplay section, I was like :3. I currently RP on a pretty advanced RP site - about 300 words is the lower-medium end of the average post there - so one-liners really, really annoy me to no end.

baseballa34657

Roleplaying Assasin
Years
Hello Base here to advertise:

Pokémon Nilivon Region: Team Paradox and the Grand battle[PG-16]

This roleplay looks and sounds ubermazing and it's very well thought out. All credit goes to HunterZero as he made the RP and as I am only one of the participants.

SO JOIN!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Only wanted so say I've added/changed the rule about consecutive posting (and thus thread revival) as follows:
>> Note on Double Posting: Consecutive posting is allowed in the Roleplay Forums only if

1) your post has reached the maximum amount allowed in a single post on VBulletin, and can only be continued in a second post, OR
2) you are the GM of an OOC thread and want to revive it after at least one month since your last post.

Any other circumstances must be brought to the moderator for approval before the consecutive post. Because otherwise you can simply edit your last post with the new text.

>> Note on Thread Revival: If an RP or OOC thread has been dead for one month or more, only the Game Master may post in it and by that "revive" it. If a thread has been dead for two months or more though, nobody may post in it. You better make a new RP thread if you want to revive it.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
*blush* Thanks ^^

I am rather loose on accepting RPs... because there are a lot of people who don't want ultra complicated plots or gameplay styles. And we want to let them come here without feeling too intimidated.

I strongly dislike one liners (and often one paragraphs) though. I'm only throwing that opinion out here.

It's just a personal pet peeve of mine, I look at the screen and feel like screaming bloody murder, haha. I'm used to the whole complicated role-play style because I've authored quite a few myself, haha (and still continue to do so). I've very strict with my paragraph rules actually, but where I role-play now it isn't to much of a problem. xD

Manda writes like walls of text in hot pink text which hurts my eyes >_<

Zeta and I will be restarting our RP we made a while back, I will post it once I get home from work. It's pretty mild overall but it's fairly dark so i'll probably stick a PG-16 or PG-17 rating on it. ._.;

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I am looking for someone to form a partnership with and run a new region Pokemon RPG site with. It would have a new region, a new league and new badges. Anyone interested, PM me.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
I need Help with this Idea, it might be tricky so I might need a Partner to help okay so the Idea is that you can make a new Pokémons on a new Region and you can be a Pokémon of that or a trainer of the new Pokémon. (I know very loose)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
why is it that people are always asking for new original rps but there are like 10 pokemon mystery dungeon rps out there?

Before, I would delete most Mystery Dungeon RPs if there were three already out. Especially if the plot was terrible and they didn't have good grammar. I did the same with "new region" RPs as well. Most of the Mystery Dungeon RPs die anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back