• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Raiders

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    @ Liquid_Thunder: [Italian]Aspetterò la tua hack prima di decidere, allora.[/Italian] - I'll wait for your hack before taking me decision, then.

@ Kid nino: No, no. That map it's not enough, sorry. I don't like all that grass, especially in that unnatural way as well as those unaesthetical rocks. Moreover, there are too much people and the two houses are too small.

@ Rashoumon: I've seen you Fakedex and I have to say that some Fakemon inside are quite good even if they could need some little adjustments. Well, in you skilling you wrote "Spriting (custom Pokemon)" but we don't need really Fakemon: instead we could need some trainer sprites. If you would join us, will you make some trainer sprites then?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Name: JoyRide
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ:JoyRideSPPF
    ^grounded^
    Skills:Spriting (found out my text sucks)
    Proof of Work:
    ROM Raiders

It may look a bit blurry but thats because Photobucket does that to my pictures
    Past Experience: Well I have tried making 3 Hacks before. All 3 failed due to Scripting errors due to I am a horrible scripter. But no one found any Graphic errors.
    Other Notes: I decided to try out again due to I need to learn to script before I try to make another hack so I will be able to help others. I will edit my post with more images ^_^ and I forgot to make the image show the people >.>
    Scripting Errors on the Map-
    1. When you leave the gym you come out of your rivals house
    2. Instead of going on the route for Prof.Oak to come out you just walk out your door. But he takes you onto route 21 and enters an invisible building but when you come out again you come out of your rivals house.
    3. When you go up to the doors of the gym it says Viridian Gym Doors are locked something like that but the sign is ok ^_^.

On a side note you see that there is no longer a pond in Pallet? Well I took it out because I made a strip of land that connects to Pallet on Route 21 where you find the Kanto starters from level 1-5. (they had to come from somewhere right?)

Last edited:

dark navi

Elite Mapper
    Years
  • ok, whell, here is goes, my second entry...

Name: Jake (dark navi)
    Email: [email protected] (also MSN)
    Skills: Mapping and samll scripting(sign, basic people)

Proof:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Sorry about saying"scripting" in general, I just learned how, and I can do signs, give scripts, and some other basic ones.

Last edited:

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    @dark navi hmm, I see some errors in the map. and could you give us an example from your scripting too?

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    O basta anche uno script fatto da me? Ne ho uno abbastanza lungo, ci sono anche multi in mezzo :°D

EDIT
    Code:
    #org 0x857508
    checkflag 0x1FB
    if 0x0 0x857690 'Flag non settata
    if 0x1 0x8C2B18
    release
    end

#org 0x857690
    lock
    faceplayer
    nop
    applymovement 0x20 0x79B89C
    message 0x857540
    boxset 0x2
    message 0x8C2B6C 'Domanda
    boxset 0x4 'Box non si chiude
    multi 0x1 0x5 0x26 0x2 0x1
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x0 0x8C2D2C 'Se seleziono uno questo
    if 0x1 0x91352C 'Seleziono 2, invece questo
    message 0x9DCB40
    boxset 0x5 'Domanda
    compare LASTRESULT B_YES
    if B_TRUE goto 0x97EB20
    if B_FALSE goto 0x97ECFC
    end

#org 0x8C2D2C
    message 0x9DCB40
    boxset 0x5
    compare LASTRESULT B_YES
    if B_TRUE goto 0x9DCB94
    if B_FALSE goto 0x97ECFC 'Non c'è bisogno di uno nuovo
    end

#org 0x91352C
    message 0x9DCB40
    boxset 0x5
    compare LASTRESULT B_YES
    if B_TRUE goto 0x79B4E4
    if B_FALSE goto 0x97ECFC 'Non c'è bisogno di uno nuovo
    end

#org 0x8C2B18
    message 0x79B538
    boxset 0x2
    end

#org 0x97EB20
    setflag 0x1FB
    message 0x79B618
    boxset 0x2
    fanfare 0x174
    waitfanfare
    nop
    givepokemon 0x19 0x1E 0x0
    release
    end

#org 0x9DCB94
    setflag 0x1FB
    message 0x79B6F8
    boxset 0x2
    fanfare 0x174
    waitfanfare
    givepokemon 0x6A 0x1E 0x0
    end

#org 0x79B4E4
    setflag 0x1FB
    message 0x79B74C
    boxset 0x2
    fanfare 0x174
    waitfanfare
    givepokemon 0xD0 0x1E 0x0
    end

#org 0x97ECFC
    goto 0x857690
    end

#org 0x857540
    = Ehi! Sei ganzo! Vorresti uno dei miei\n 3 POKéMON? Non ti preoccupare, tutto \pgratis! Se la tua squadra è piena il \nPOKéMON verrà inviato al PC.

#org 0x8C2B6C
    = Scegli uno dei 3 POKéMON!

#org 0x9DCB40
    = Vuoi veramente questo POKéMON?

#org 0x79B538
    = Ehi! Come sta' il mio POKéMON?\nTrattalo bene!!11

#org 0x79B618
    = Hai ricevuto un PIKACHU Liv.30!!

#org 0x79B6F8
    = Hai ricevuto un HITMONLEE Liv.30!!

#org 0x79B74C
    = Hai ricevuto uno STEELIX Liv.30!!

#org 0x79B89C
    #raw 0x56
    #raw 0xFE

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    @ JoyRide: Err... your proof of work (the map) doesn't match with your skill (spriting)

@ Rashoumon: Not bad ^^ Could you show me some other edits, maybe?

@ dark navi: Wuggles is right: there are some errors on the map. BTW, what's making that old person on the gym's roof? XD Regarding your scripting skills, the answer to your question is yes: fix the errors on the map, script it and post the scripts used. If you want you can make a little video too.

@ Liquid_Thunder: [Italian]Beh, per lo scripting direi che ci siamo... magari commenta linea per linea lo script (in inglese, così anche gli altri capiscono :P). Posta però qualcos'altro riguardo le altre tue abilità.[/Italian] - Well, for scripting I think it's enough... maybe comment all the lines in your script (in English, so the other people can understand them too :P). But please post something else regarding your other skills.

Last edited:

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
    Years
  • I hardly ever trainer sprite unless I have the motivation, but here's my most recent, I guess-
    ROM Raiders

This team I think would give me a reason to trainer sprite and maybe improve my skills in it. Plus, I totally support hacks :D

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • Hmm, that trainer sprite is pretty nice, Rashoumon.
    It needs some work on the head and weapon though..
    But, the idea is cool :) I would like to hear the others' comment..

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    @ JoyRide: Err... your proof of work (the map) doesn't match with your skill (spriting)

@ Rashoumon: Not bad ^^ Could you show me some other edits, maybe?

@ dark navi: Wuggles is right: there are some errors on the map. BTW, what's making that old person on the gym's roof? XD Regarding your scripting skills, the answer to your question is yes: fix the errors on the map, script it and post the scripts used. If you want you can make a little video too.

@ Liquid_Thunder: [Italian]Beh, per lo scripting direi che ci siamo... magari commenta linea per linea lo script (in inglese, così anche gli altri capiscono :P). Posta però qualcos'altro riguardo le altre tue abilità.[/Italian] - Well, for scripting I think it's enough... maybe comment all the lines in your script (in English, so the other people can understand them too :P). But please post something else regarding your other skills.

qeustion I can do basicly anything involving Maps so I geuss thats mapping not spriting O_O

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    @ Rashoumon: Nice one, even if it needs some lil' light/shadow improvements, like on the legs or on the weapon.
    But I want to give you a try so... Congrats! You're a ROM Raiders member ;)
    I'll update the staff list later.

@ JoryRide: I supposed that. Talking about your map, that's true: there aren't errors. Hovewer, it looks a bit too simple. I'd like to see more "complicated" ones.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    Uhm, I'm posting a screen from my hack, the title screen, edited. Also the palette were edited.

Title Screen and Palette Editing
    ROM Raiders

Sprite Editing and, again, Palette Editing
    ROM Raiders

Mapping and Tileset Editing
    ROM Raiders

Mapping?
    ROM Raiders

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Hmm, I like it ^^

only some errors, like the headmissing people in the third screen ^^
    and the weird colored guy in the fourth screen..

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2007
    Name:Nighton

E-Mail:My [accidental] Username

MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ:No, none at all.

Skills:Basic

Proof of Work:I deleted everything I made, but some were pretty good!

Past Experience:Uhh...a few weeks. I just wanna see if I can help.

Comments:Well, I really wanna learn from this :) If I could join, I would grow better, and eventually, become fatter, and then....well.....ummm...pwn at hacking.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    @ Liquid_Thunder: Even if the screenshots show some little errors, they're quite good after all. Could you show me some more screens?

@ [email protected]: Sorry but I'd like so see some proofs of your work before deciding anything.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2007
    Okay! I'll remake some...with screenshots :)

Proof:

http: // youtube . com / watch?v=zjwlMqrUmu8 (remove the spaces)

Also please call me either Nighton or GanonMidget

Oh crud, sorry for double post!!!

EDIT:Okay, I know your not here...and maybe not here very often. Could you reply to this soon?

EDIT by FG: Posts merged. Do not double post. Use the "Edit" button if you have something to add to your message.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    hm, Andrea is off I think..

but I don't think it's really hard to walk on tree's and on water..

but that shiny mew... did you've cheated that?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    @ Nighton: Your "basic" skill is too much general. Try to define it better. Also, the video doesn't show so much proofs of your skills.

@ Aquila: Mapping is not whay we really need at the moments but it seems that most people are able to map somethinh :P
    As you said, there are some errors in the second map which are located on the lake part. I don't like so much all those ordered bushes. Besides, all the two maps looks quite simple. I'd like more complex ones. Could you make some new, maybe?

Back