• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Raiders

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Hello! My application is here! Yay?

I thought that I would drop in my application. This group seems appealing to me, and the other reasons are ones that Andrea already knows XD. If you take me in, I will be very happy and hope I will be helpful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name
    Martin Kolenic

[email protected]

Contact
    MSN: [email protected] | ICQ: 474310008

Time Zone
    GMT+1 using Daylight Saving Time

Skills
    Mapping, Spriting, Scripting

Proof of Work

Mapping
    A simple map of size 20x24 tiles. Some custom blocks used, mostly made from default game resources. The G/S/C series small tree revamped and reshaded by me. The emptiness, most obvious around the centre of the map, has a reason (people walking there). If the small tree tiles aren't suitable for the application map, may they be replaced with default tiles.
    Spoiler:

Spriting
    A Mew Pixel-over. Based off Ken Sugimori's official art. Low quality due to 16-color limitations (suggested use for titlescreen - fits the tilemap - only for use in this group, if accepted)
    Spoiler:

Scripting
    A simple radio script. Tested on HackMew's XSE beta version, should be fully functional.

Spoiler:

Past Experience
    • Pokémon: Next Generation (an old project that some of you might remember)
    • Founder of the RHA hacking group (which is closed due to inactivity of members... what a shame)
    • Helping with radio system in Pokémon Liquid Ocean (a simple radio script shown as a proof)
    • Some mapping in Pokémon Liquid Ocean (not sure if still used)
    • Other minor activities
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    @ Poke-Roy: I'm sorry to say but the other maps don't look good since they're a bit too squarish and unnratural in some cases. Could you make some other maps, maybe? Not only cities one but routes as well.
    Also, since you talked about tile editing/scripting I'd like to some some related proofs too.

@ Martin Yiu: The map you posted looks fine, even if the grass should need a retouch to make it less "artificial". Could you post a route map?
    Regarding that Mew pixel-over I have to say it's quite good. Maybe it would be even better after a bit of work and a palette change.
    The posted script is pretty simple and it's not commented. Could you comment it?
    Also, could you try to make a more complicated one, fully commented? It could involve movements, multichoice or whatever you like. Best wishes!

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    @ Martin Yiu: The map you posted looks fine, even if the grass should need a retouch to make it less "artificial". Could you post a route map?
    Regarding that Mew pixel-over I have to say it's quite good. Maybe it would be even better after a bit of work and a palette change.
    The posted script is pretty simple and it's not commented. Could you comment it?
    Also, could you try to make a more complicated one, fully commented? It could involve movements, multichoice or whatever you like. Best wishes!

Okay, thanks for comments, Andrea, I will take your advice and make the route map. I will fix the Mew a bit and will change the palette. And about the script, I will try to do one, commented as you want (I didn't know that it's needed XD). Not today 'cause I am now writing from a computer with 56K modem *blush* but I hope I will manage to do it tomorrow evening or Tuesday afternoon. 'Till then, good luck!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011

Okay, thanks for comments, Andrea, I will take your advice and make the route map. I will fix the Mew a bit and will change the palette. And about the script, I will try to do one, commented as you want (I didn't know that it's needed XD). Not today 'cause I am now writing from a computer with 56K modem *blush* but I hope I will manage to do it tomorrow evening or Tuesday afternoon. 'Till then, good luck!

You're welcome ^^
    I'll wait patiently for your proofs.

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
    Years
  • It's the code of my script...
    Writed in the Kyofu Kawa ScriptEd ^^

Code:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x79ED60
    checkflag 0x1891
    if 0x1 call 0x6D8940
    lock
    faceplayer
    fadesound 0x180
    applymovement 0x4 0x879E68B
    pause 0x80
    applymovement 0x4 0x879E68D
    pause 0x100
    applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x879E702
    pause 0x90
    msgbox 0x879E510 '"ALEXMAD: Hey, que co..."
    callstd 0x6
    trainerbattle 0x3 0x1C7 0x0 0x8834020 0x8834010
    jumpstd 0x1A
    jumpstd 0x51
    nop
    nop
    msgbox 0x879EB10 '"ALEXMAD: Bueno, creo..."
    callstd 0x6
    applymovement 0x4 0x879EBF0
    pause 0x100
    setflag 0x1891
    release
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x6D8940
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x79E510
    = ALEXMAD: Hey, que coincidencia.\p¡¿Vienes\ntambién por aquél raro POKéMON\nde Glaceon?!\p\c\h01Á\ \h01: Sip, y dudo que alguien como t\h27\npueda quitármelo.\p\c\h01ÀALEXMAD: Bien, creo que eso se\ndecidirá en un combate.\pAnda, pelea...\n\c\h01À\ \h01: Claro, y  engo con\nmuchas ganas de patear traseros ahora.\p\c\h01ÀALEXMAD: Lo mismo digo, pero creo que\nel trasero pateado será otro.\p\c\h01Á\ \h01: Eso lo  eremos, MAD.
    #org 0x834020
    = Ouch, parece que has\nmejorado un buen.
    #org 0x834010

And This a Video
    Alexmad Battle

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2019
    Name: Krazedkat
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ:same as above
    Time Zone:Central Time Zone (saskatchewan)
    Skills: Mapping
    Proof of Work: Still Looking for some
    Past Experience:My own hacks (Pokemon Shining Gems -hack of pokemon fire red-never b4 posted)

Years
  • @ Poke-Roy: I'm sorry to say but the other maps don't look good since they're a bit too squarish and unnratural in some cases. Could you make some other maps, maybe? Not only cities one but routes as well.
    Also, since you talked about tile editing/scripting I'd like to some some related proofs too.

Alright I'll start working on it..:D
    I'll post them as soon as possible..;)

:EDIT:
    Here is one:
    ROM Raiders

I made the blue house(s) so you can walk or cycle over it:D
    And if it isn't a good idea to let people walk over houses I made them that you can make them seperatly to..I'll post the houses later on..:D

Here are the tiles..:)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Imma here! Again!

So, I am proceeding very slowly, but I improved the mapping section application (although I know that you have enough mappers, I still want to try it).

The same 20x24 town now with added 20x32 route map. I know there are some oddities, but you know that I am just that crazy to let them be as they are and hope for some advice xD. If you have screen resolution 1280x1024, the maps should blend well into each other (triple checked) and therefore they might look like one image, but they aren't.
    Spoiler:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    @ Lex_14: Well, you should comment the script you posted. And I also like to see some complex scripts.

@ Poke-Roy: Both maps you posted have some tile errors and the grass looks too uniform. Hopefully you can do better maps therefore I give you a last chance. Don't waste it.

@ Martin Yiu: Nice work but like I told Poke-Roy you should pay more attention to the grass. Ok, I'm looking forward for the other proofs.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    It's a nice map, but there are WAY to many grass patches. Also could you get rid of the sides of the houses? It looks unnatural for a roof to touch the ground.

Good job though, maybe a nice small town would be better?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Name
    Martin Kolenic

Timezone

GMT + 1

Contact

WLM and ICQ, both in profile. PM can be used, too.

Position

Scripting, mapping, spriting.

Proofs of work
    Mapping
    A town and a route.The town should be a starter town and the route is made without POkémon encounters - no grass - so the alternate beginning can be made.
    Spoiler:

Scripting
    A follow me script changing the weather and text depending on the gender. Best used with a person in the starter town map posted above.

Spoiler:
    Spriting
    Revamped G/S intro sprites with all frames except background. Done by HackMew's request for Pokémon OroSole.

Spoiler:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    @ Poke-Roy: Well, I'm sorry to say but your maps aren't perfect yet. Please take what I said like a costrucive criticism. I would be glad to see you around here once again with better maps. Improve your skills and come back. Until then, I wish you good luck.

@ $_$: Pretty nice proofs. Really. Could you try to make the G/S/C hero/ine big sprites - the intro ones?
    Oh, and could you post the script you used in the video, commenting it?
    Thanks in advance.

@ Martin²: Really good ^^
    I would say that the "lock" command doesn't lock the player (since it's locked anyway; the caller is locked instead) and the offsets you choose are a bit too "space-wasting".
    But well, you aren't applying just for scripting so it's not really a problem. Welcome to the ROM Raiders team!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • I'd like to apply for spriting.

Here is proof:
    ROM Raiders
    ROM Raiders
    ROM Raiders
    ROM Raiders

I'm better at OWs from my view, but you can think differently.

Name: Russell, A.K.A. Esmas, P.K.A. Necrod
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ: [email protected]/no/no/no
    Time Zone: GMT - 5:00
    Skills: Spriting, little mapping.
    Proof of Work: Look above.
    Past Experience: Rocket's Revenge, Ruby Destiny: ROL, and a whole ton of other hacks.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    @ Esmas: Your sprites are nice. I'd like to see more of them, though ;)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Sure, just give me some time to upload them all, okay? (or am I on the team or are you just asking for more?)

- Edit -

ROM Raiders
    ROM Raiders
    ROM Raiders
    ROM Raiders

The two guys on the right are indexed, so feel free to use them you want.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Sure, just give me some time to upload them all, okay? (or am I on the team or are you just asking for more?)

Hehe, don't let your imagination run away so fast with you :P
    You aren't in the team yet and that's the reason why I'm asking more proofs.

Back