• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby/Emerald/FireRed - Non-profit hack warning screen (Sample)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Piracy is copyright infringement, if you stopped that then you would be out of a hobby. You'd have to spend your time just playing the official games instead of making your own (largely) illegal yet fun derivative works and playing other peoples. Piracy is still piracy even if you're not making a profit.

No it isn't. For example , The people who created the Emorangers made a non profit homage of the series ,along with France Five. If Disney and Toei had been overprotective , this would've never happened. Same with these, because the people who created these are not involved with the Chinese bootleggers. so going by this, Nintendo would come after the bootleggers, not the creators on here. This also applies to the various fan films , game anfd fan fiction circling around the web. In order for the corporations to stop it all together, we'd all be living under a 1984 like world government that is controlled by these many corporations, by which fan made materials and or the freedom of speech equals crime or death . If you want to live in communism, go to North Korea.

If you'd like the links here they are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_film

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_work

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galoob_v._Nintendo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    The idea is good but I think the URL should be linking to a more prominent website like wikipedia instead, require that there's an entry similar to the IPS link there.

Why?
    I've seen lots of old yet very good website like PRTranslations die off after a year or two. If one day Rojin site planning to stop doing pokemon stuff, at least the link is still workable cause I doubt a very very stable website like Wikipedia will rest in peace.

Just a one cent thought.

Imposter Oak

"hahaha omg ur so funny" True
    Years
  • No it isn't. For example , The people who created the Emorangers made a non profit homage of the series ,along with France Five. If Disney and Toei had been overprotective , this would've never happened. Same with these, because the people who created these are not involved with the Chinese bootleggers. so going by this, Nintendo would come after the bootleggers, not the creators on here. This also applies to the various fan films , game anfd fan fiction circling around the web. In order for the corporations to stop it all together, we'd all be living under a 1984 like world government that is controlled by these many corporations, by which fan made materials and or the freedom of speech equals crime or death . If you want to live in communism, go to North Korea.

I know that parodies exist, I also know that if the makers of these go too far by using stuff they shouldn't be using (by law), then they're not going to tell anyone their real identities. I also didn't claim that the company would come after the ROM hackers/translators/spriters or participants in other largely illegal hobbies, not unless they're using the trademarks etc to gain profit or on rare occasions. Plus the company gets some advertising. Also communism isn't black and white, there's many different variants of it, even communists have different points of view.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • This is bad idea because i'm going to sale my hack !!!

sicerly live Fake games because it's the way which give me the chance to play nintendo game because there no nintendo in africa and at last time i use to be don't have computer then i buy a fake GBA and fake game card for a very very low price.

Same now for NDS fake Linkers with high memory storage support.

In final i hope my hack will be puted on gba card game by chinses!!!!!

Wait, what? You either:

A) Want to take this to something stupidly illegal by selling a game you got for free?
    B) Want pirates to sell your game without you getting profit?

Your grammar was so bad I can't even understand it. :\

Imposter Oak

"hahaha omg ur so funny" True
    Years
  • Wait, what? You either:

A) Want to take this to something stupidly illegal by selling a game you got for free?
    B) Want pirates to sell your game without you getting profit?

Your grammar was so bad I can't even understand it. :\

At that last bit, I had a browse around and it seems that the official language in Algeria is Arabic, so it's understandable that his English isn't going to be as good as someone who only ever speaks English (or most of the time). English speakers with English as their first language, surrounded by others who know English as their first language generally have it easier, especially when discussing things on the Web.

About the actual patch idea... I can understand some people not wanting to have their work be sold and then not get any profit, even if they did technically steal first. I personally couldn't care less, it's not like I need that money to survive.

If people are going to buy an illegally distributed ROM hack (mine, for example) and they don't know that that's what they're doing, then it's their problem and good luck to the sellers. If the buyer was only purchasing it because they thought it was an official game, then maybe they should have used some common sense in the first place.

So the only thing that the patch achieves, in my opinion, is to piss off the people who didn't use their common sense in the first place! If I look at it that way then I think it's a good idea to make people learn from their mistakes.

But I don't think it should be mandatory that any hacks in this forum should have to include this patch or anything similar. I think it should be up to the hacker.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • Can you make this so that it doesn't REPLACE the bootscreen but rather comes before it?

It does come before it. At least the Ruby one does :)

Added to my hack, though no-one would bother pirating it. If you just happen to be interested, click the red in my siggy :)

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
    Years
  • This is a really good idea. I like it. But isn't it possible to delete the code? Because if pirate's found out how to delete it then it's all quite pointless isn't it...

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    This is a really good idea. I like it. But isn't it possible to delete the code? Because if pirate's found out how to delete it then it's all quite pointless isn't it...

Your talking about the losers who sell or game to make money?
    They wouldn't bother even looking at the game before the sell it.
    And even if they did they're not as smart as Interdth or thethethethe
    The would never be able to remove it.

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
    Years
  • Of course it's possible to delete it.
    Your talking about the losers who sell or game to make money?
    They wouldn't bother even looking at the game before the sell it.
    And even if they did they're not as smart as Interdth or thethethethe
    The would never be able to remove it.
    Well you both know more bout this stuff than me. Although, I think that before you would want to sell a game hack you would want to play it to make sure it at least works. However, I don't think anyone would be bothered to mess about with the game anyway. It's more about the statement being made, it doesn't matter about the unlikely possibilities.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Well you both know more bout this stuff than me. Although, I think that before you would want to sell a game hack you would want to play it to make sure it at least works. However, I don't think anyone would be bothered to mess about with the game anyway. It's more about the statement being made, it doesn't matter about the unlikely possibilities.

Why would they bother?
    The don't really think about anything but selling it

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Somebody on my school tried to sell SG. I asked him to borrow the game, then I inserted the patch. I said I won't buy it. When somebody did, the seller sure was surprised ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back