• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald?

What would you reccomend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Always preferred Ruby to the others. Not sure if it was because it's the one I got furthest on, but I certainly enjoyed it more. I like Groudon better than Kyogre and Rayquaza, anyway. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    whats the different between the three? i know that emerald got animation i was just wondering whats the different between the editions (i know about the part when you catch different legendary pokemons on the cave)

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2012
    I would have to say Emerald, but Sapphire was my first and I loved that one, but Emerald is just newer and has better features.

Emerald. I started with Sapphire and I absolutely loved it, but Emerald just has better features.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2019
    i personally own sapphire version so i'd say to get it but it's your decision what you want

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2018
    You can't get Groudon or Kyogre unless you trade but I do like Emerald because of better storyline and more features to it.
    You can get Groudon and Kyogre in Emerald, post-Elite Four. If you go to the Weather Institute, the head scientist there tells you about unusual weather patterns (blazing hot sun and incredibly rainy/stormy weather) at certain routes. If you go there, the usual weather there will have changed, and depending on which, you'll find Groudon/Kyogre in a cave that appears there.

In any case, Emerald, since it's the more polished and refined version of R/S. Not only can you catch more Pokemon through the national Pokedex, but you can catch all three of the weather trio, choose which of the Lati@s you get, and once you fill out the Hoenn dex, you get to choose a Johto starter. Plus all the extra little gameplay features and story additions, like the better team Aqua/Magma plot, and finding Steven with a levle 70+ team in the caves southeast of Fallarbour town. (I forget what 'twas called. :3)

Yeah. Emerald. xD

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • Emerald, definitely. More content, choose which Lati twin you want, fighting Steven in Meteor Cave I think? been a while since I played Emerald with a high leveled team. Emerallllllld.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2015
    Emerald, it's much better 'cuse it has 7 towers in battle frontier and in Pokemon
    Ruby/Sapphire it only have 1 battle frontier tower.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I love Sapphire, since it was my first Pokemon game, but I think I'll have to go with Emerald because it's essentially the same storyline but with Rayquaza and the best Battle Frontier.

Ultimate Uchiha

Switchin' It Up
    Years
  • Ruby and Sapphire got boring after a while but even after seven years, I still can't put my Emerald down. I've played through it a ridiculous amount of times and still haven't fully beaten it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Emerald over the other 2 games because of the expanded storyline post-game. R/S only had Rayquaza and the Battle Tower post-game.

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
  • I totally recommend Emerald, since it had more features than Ruby/Sapphire did. Though sadly i've never owned a copy myself... On top of that I thought Brendan's and May's outfits looked better in Emerald, but green is my favorite color and Emerald is my birthstone so yeah. xD Plus just like in Crystal the Pokemon had their own animations, and it was great to see that feature again.

Marlo

Missing Person
    Years
  • I played and still play Ruby, but I'd recommend Emerald for what it is. It felt nicer to play as sort of an updated version.

For myself, I'm still Ruby.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2012
    Emerald!

I would absolutely recommend Emerald. I'm pretty sure I have one million hours clocked ^_^

Years
  • I would have voted Ruby since it was my first game but Emerald's animations for sprites and longer gameplay won it out for me.

Years
  • First off, I'm pretty new to Pokémon in general, so I don't have a large quantity of games yet. I really want to get at least one from every generation. So today I ask, should I get Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald? I don't just want to buy one because I like the color better, and I would like to hear from those who have played them. I have done a little research, and it sounds like Emerald does nothing but good for the game, but I'm still not 100% sure which one I should get. Any reason of answer would be greatly appreciated. :)

Katero, if I were you, I would buy Emerald because Emerald is just like Ruby and Sapphire combined but it has some changes on it and additional features. Just like what the guy with the Venusaur avatar said, Emerald is Ruby and Sapphire + bonus content. :)

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Emerald is an improvement over Ruby and Sapphire in every way. I don't really see why anyone would buy either Ruby or Sapphire over Emerald. You have the Battle Frontier, improved Pokemon graphics, both mascot legendaries, Match Call, and the list goes on. I loved Emerald and I thought it was a major improvement over Ruby and Sapphire.

Back