• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

S&M Fakemon Project [Stage III: Name and Movepool]

What concept do you prefer?

• Other (specify why you don't like the other three)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
  • I just realized that we might very well have a good baseline for what the fakemon could look like: (And finally the DCC actually got to be useful!)

Okay, no more I promise.

Spoiler:

A little extra (Warning big picture)

Spoiler:

(A bump of this seemed a bit in order to me)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    @ Anti: Needs more Rapid Spin.

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Sorry for butting in, but what about a Ghost/Steel type with levitate.

4 immunities (fighting,poison,normal,ground)

...and only one x2 weakness (fire)

... blocks rapid spin...

Pokedex: It's hands bring terrible disease to those it touches. It lives near cemetaries.

Base Stats

HP:70
    Atk:79
    Def:114
    Sp. Atk:89
    Sp. Def:114
    Spe:30

similar to bronzong, but his base attack and base sp. attack are switched (and it has hands).

Level Up

1. Iron Defense
    1. Flash Canon
    1. Gyro Ball

5. Curse
    7. Faint Attack
    13. Metal Claw
    18. Shadow Sneak
    22. Screech
    30. Psybeam
    36. Memento
    47. Dark Pulse
    52. Psycic
    59. Destiny Bond
    66. Shadow Ball

* TM06 - Toxic
    * TM10 - Hidden Power
    * TM11 - Sunny Day
    * TM12 - Taunt
    * TM15 - Hyper Beam
    * TM17 - Protect
    * TM20 - Safeguard
    * TM21 - Frustration
    * TM22 - SolarBeam
    * TM23 - Iron Tail
    * TM26 - Earthquake
    * TM27 - Return
    * TM37 - Sandstorm
    * TM39 - Rock Tomb
    * TM41 - Torment
    * TM42 - Facade
    * TM43 - Secret Power
    * TM44 - Rest
    * TM46 - Thief
    * TM52 - Focus Blast
    * TM56 - Fling
    * TM58 - Endure
    * TM61 - Will-o-wisp
    * TM65 - Shadow Claw
    * TM66 - Payback
    * TM67 - Recycle
    * TM68 - Giga Impact
    * TM71 - Stone Edge
    * TM76 - Stealth Rock
    * TM79 - Dark Pulse
    * TM80 - Rock Slide
    * TM82 - Sleep Talk
    * TM87 - Swagger
    * TM90 - Substitute
    * TM92 - Trick Room
    * HM04 - Strength

Move Tutor

*Flail
    *Moonlight
    *Sucker Punch
    *Bullet Punch
    *Fake Out
    *Pain Split
    *Roll Out
    *Explosion
    *Nasty Plot
    *Amnesia

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Sorry but we've already chosen a concept, it's on the previous page if you care to look.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I can't imagine this should take too much longer since we're only waiting on aragornbird to contact Anti about his sprite submission. Once that happens we can post the sprite poll and get this thing going again (hopefully)

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I want to make a couple of changes to the level up movepool, since it does need rapid spin and endure + flail feel out of place at the end of the level up.

Level-Up List:

1. Ember
    1. Sand Attack
    4. Fire Spin
    7. Sand Tomb
    11. Focus Energy
    14. Flame Wheel
    20. Rapid Spin
    25. Recover
    32. Rock Slide
    39. Acid Armor
    43. Sunny Day
    46. Flail
    50. Fire Fang/Punch (depending on appearance)
    54. Earthquake
    61. Fire Blast
    65. Will-O-Wisp
    70. Fissure

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Waiting on Aragornbird's sprite, Anti is gonna message him and if he doesn't respond soon we'll just use one of the other ones because this is taking way too long :/

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • We need to finish the movepool stage. Is the current movepool with Skippy's edits controversial?

Also, as someone who has never owned a fourth generation game, I wasn't aware of what TMs existed past the 50 that are in RSE until I looked at the list on Smogon. Since Will-O-Wisp is a TM, I don't really see how we can't let it get it since it's a Fire-type. Outside of that, I don't have much else to add.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I don't really see that many situations in which the Fakemon would be using Will-O-Wisp against primary spinblockers as a use for crippling them (unless they're running FailNoir or something like that) so I don't see any reason as to how Will-O-Wisp would detract from the concept. I mean, if you look at Heatran for an example, it almost never uses Will-O-Wisp because its job as a special sweeper is better done without it. I think the same can apply here.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Well if you give it Recover its moveset will probably be something like Rapid Spin / Lava Plume / Recover / Earth Power or EQ or WOW. So, if it does choose WOW it gets walled by Fires, Dragons (needs to be careful with burn), etc. Though, people might not even use spin and use it as a physical wall. You could always test it, and if it's too difficult to beat then do away with it.

And I'm fine with the movepool (just remove the moves that don't fit with the design), but Dark Pulse and Payback might be unnecessary.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • We don't want this to be a spinner that can poop all over Rotom-A do we? I mean, I know we all hate it and its really annoying, but there is no reason to completely invalidate it, let alone every other spin blocker bar Giratina (lol). I mean, yes we want it to spin effectively, but I'm pretty sure a STAB Fire Blast is more than enough to scare Rotom-A away, recovery moves on it would be a bit ridiculous imo as well as Dark Pulse (I agree with Payback though because its slow and just about every slow mon learns it and it forces it to not just max out spatk or something and spam Dark Pulse). Recovery moves on a pokemon that is as bulky as this would be a bit much because it can just effortlessly switch in, use Recover as <ghost> switches in, then attack it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wow this is getting more and more ridiculous/bad every day. :/

"lets make a pokemon that nulls every defensive ghost in the game (dont bring up Hydro Pump Rotom or i will ban you), give it amazing stabs, movepool and a recovery move, jee that sounds cool"

^is what this has turned into.

Maybe you should all stop bawing about Spikes and how hard the Rotoms are to beat and stop letting it tint your judgement? This was supposed to be unbias totally, if all you're doing is trying to eliminate a certain strategy (for offense and stall) with ANY concept i dont see a point in this thread or future ones. :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Yea, its Sp.Def could be lowered to 42, so defensive Rotom deals 47.3% - 55.6% with Shadow Ball (guaranteed 2HKO with SR). And, the fakemon has to use max SpA and Modest to have a 39% chance of 2HKOing max HP Leftovers Rotom with SR with Flamethrower (it also has to give up Lava Plume). Max HP / 128 SpD Calm Rotom has a 38% chance of not being 2HKOed by max SpA Modest Fire Blast.

I agree with removing Recover, it would discourage the use of Life Orb probably (edit: actually idk, even then its Speed is high enough to be a sweeper (edit 2: still beaten by Gyara, Cune, Starmie, Kingdra, Vaporeon though))...

Still, this is just theorymon...and we are testing it, right?

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Wow this is getting more and more ridiculous/bad every day. :/

"lets make a pokemon that nulls every defensive ghost in the game (dont bring up Hydro Pump Rotom or i will ban you), give it amazing stabs, movepool and a recovery move, jee that sounds cool"

^is what this has turned into.

It's been a long time since I've looked at this due to the sprite delay and movepool discussion stagnation, but I'm pretty sure we watered it down enough to actually lose to Dusknoir and Spiritomb (since Spiritomb runs Special Defense...or at least it did when people used it before Rotom-A replaced it). Its STABs are good but it's not like it has the Special Attack to use them, 95 really isn't that great and if it proves to be too much, "that's why we have the editing phase."

And I don't really see the issue with Hydro Pump Rotom either. Your very own motto is "just adapt" so I mean, isn't it fair to bring it up? I don't see what's so overspecialized or bad about a Pain Split/Reflect or WoW/Thunderbolt or Discharge/Hydro Pump set, and this Fakemon has terrible Special Defense anyway.

Maybe you should all stop bawing about Spikes and how hard the Rotoms are to beat and stop letting it tint your judgement? This was supposed to be unbias totally, if all you're doing is trying to eliminate a certain strategy (for offense and stall) with ANY concept i dont see a point in this thread or future ones. :/

This is absolutely ridiculous. As you even put in your post, it hurts offense AND stall...and balanced...and weather teams...EVERYTHING takes a hit from no entry hazards. Stop saying that we're trying to eliminate a certain strategy if all of them are hurt by it. Stall is probably hurt the most, granted, but you can adapt to beat it...and if it's too strong for that to happen, we edit the Fakemon to make sure that it's not too strong. The truth of the matter is that all you have to shoot this down with right now is theorymon, and it has to be tested before you can just call it a declaration of war on a certain play style.

Also, how is Rotom's defensive dominance tinting our judgment? The whole point of this concept is a better Rapid Spinner...if it cannot beat by far the most common and dominant Spin Blocker in the game, how could this possibly be a good Spinner at all? If we don't take Rotom into consideration we're basically saying "okay, we will just let this concept fail." When you voted for the improved Spinner, were you actually expecting it to be at a DISADVANTAGE against Rotom? Frankly, I think that its inability to beat other spinblockers makes it pretty balanced, or at least as balanced as we can make it given the concept.

-------------------------------

I refuse to lower the Special Defense or HP anymore until this is tested. If you want to remove Recover, fine, that's why we're having this discussion (though honestly my feeling is that it will just make it easy for stall to wear it down and then set up as if it never existed, but if I'm outvoted, so be it).

Also, what's so bad about this having "kind of sweeper stats." Let's see, it has no stat up move, trouble with bulky Waters and special walls, and is really pretty underpowered. It probably wouldn't be a BAD attacker, but who cares, as long as its best use is as a Rapid Spinner, this has been a success. If our concept was a Stealth Rock weak mixed attacking Dragon with great attacking stats and Speed along with a big offensive movepool (this is Salamence in case you haven't caught on), it's okay if it makes a decent bulky Dragon Dancer or Choice Bander. It's not a big deal really lol.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • Hey guys.
    This is my first post on PC in over a year and mostly because I was told to do this. Here's something I did over the weekend. Shiny form on the right.

pccap.png

Might do the backsprites if needed.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Thanks Aragornbird. Now that we have all the sprite entries, I guess I'll post a separate poll with all of our feasible options (I think it's been decided that aragornbird's and Scarf's are the only sprites that are worthy of consideration.)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • After the staff tiebreak, Scarf's sprite has won 3-2, so that's the one we'll be using. While we work on the movepool, we can now discuss names for our cute little snake. Post all your ideas here, I'll edit mine in once I think of something, lol

I hope there will be more entries. Here's mine. (No name at the moment.)
    picture.php

I can change the file format if needed.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • We also need the height, weight, and egg groups, that last one being especially important for the egg moves since it has to match up with other mons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back