• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest Pokemon Moments

What is the saddest PKMN moment?

• Darkrai's death

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Team Rocket's fight for freedom in 'A poached Ego'

• The girls kiss Ash!!

• The Phantom's death in Temple of the Sea

• Arodactyl and Kabutop's release in Pokemon Heroes

• Total voters

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    Hey anyone notice how the teary separation of James and Chimecho parallels when Ash and Pikachu were about to separate (but didn't, I know)? Maybe it's just that they played the same song, that Friend one that starts with the acoustic guitar. And that both trainers actually love their Pokemon.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
    Larvitar

If anyone remembers when Ash carried a Larvitar along with him in Master Quest. There was an episode when they met an unown. That Unown revealed Larvitar's past and what happened to it when it was still an egg actually almost made me cry. And this is just a few days ago when I saw it again on TV.

For me it was Misty's departure which was saddest and I took it VERY hard. I got incredibly depressed after watching the episode and felt like doing nothing but crying my eyes out for three weeks afterward. Another thing that happened afterward was that I actually had difficulty eating the amount of food that I normally did. This actually happens to me when I go into a fit of extreme depression, I end up loosing my apatite for a period of time. Another thing I found sad but no where near as much as this was Butterfree's departure and also when I thought Pikachu was going to leave but actually came back to stay. The song featured in the episode Pikachu's Goodbye was sad but did not have much of an effect on me at all. Misty's departure played a role in my decision not to watch Advanced Generation for the most part along with other interests coming into my life at the time.

wow... ummm... ok u really respond to POke'mon like somone would respond to the death of a loved one.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Darn...I wish this was multiple-option instead of a single choice!! Many moments are sad; my saddest is Pikachu's Goodbye :(
    However, Ash's "death" in the first Pokemon movie was really sad, too; I just hate to see Pikachu cry!! :(
    A lot of the other moments I haven't really seen yet, but I'll try to watch them for the emotional experience...

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    Ug the sad part where ash gets turned to stone in Pokemon the movie! :(
    that movies part made me tear

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    Wow so I just watched the episode where Jessie and James lose Arbok and Wheezing and man, they should have more moments like that! That was great! (And sad. But I already voted.)

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    My vote goes for "Other". My saddest Pokemon moment would be when Aii/Amber said farewell to little Mewtwo. It started when all the other clones were starting to die and starting to leave Mewtwo one by one. Combined with the farewell-talk of Aii/Amber makes it even more depressing than that it already was.

As for the other choices:

Manaphy and May's separation
    It was a given that it would happen, so I guess that's what made it less sad.
    To be honest the whole storyline of that movie shared a lot of similarities with the 6th movie (the Jirachi one). Though with everybody doing the lullaby while Jirachi goes back to sleep makes it kinda touching.

Ash's death
    I presume you mean the part when Ash/Satoshi jumped in when Mew and Mewtwo going at full power head to head? Yeah, that would rank number 3 on my list. Especially the part when Pikachu tries to wake him.

Darkrai's death
    When I first watched the movie I did find it sad that Darkrai died. However, I didn't find his death really emotional and it sure didn't help when Darkrai suddenly just reappeared in the end.

Latios's death
    Well, I liked the movie a lot. Latios was okay. His death didn't do much about me. I think it's because he didn't got much focus in the movie. It's was mostly about Latias and Ash.

The time has come- Ash and Pikachu's almost separation
    The part where Ash/Satoshi said to Pikachu to stay was done very well. But from the start of the episode it was expected that those two would never get seperated, so it didn't do much to me in the end.

Sir. Aaron's painful death
    Because the movie has a very extensive background story of Aaron and Lucario (which is why this movie is unbeaten #1 in my book) I can kinda feel that Aaron "abandoned" Lucario for the best of it. It's sad that in the end Aaron died alone.

Lucario's painful death
    The movie started out with the impression that Aaron looked like a cold-hearted person who abandoned everything. Seeing as how that contradicts with the memories that Lucario have of his master, he had trouble accepting that. It would be heart tearing to see how someone who you would believe "ran away", only to find out that you were wrong about that person.
    When Lucario died while Ash/Satoshi held his hand, that really was a sad moment. This one is ranking #2 for me.

Mew's death in 'mastermind of mirage Pokemon'
    I guess it would fall on #4 for me.

The three legendary bird's capture in Pokemon 2000
    Didn't do much to me.

Team Rocket's fight for freedom in 'A poached Ego'
    Gotta say that seeing Team Rocket going to the extreme to guaranty that the Pokemon can make it off was emotional, despite J&J&M aren't my favourite characters.

Misty and Brock's goodbye
    I guess it was touching to see them both leave.

The girls kiss Ash!!
    I'm not into shipping...

The Phantom's death in Temple of the Sea
    Phantom didn't die, he was there mostly for comic relief, so I hardly find it a sad moment.

Arodactyl and Kabutop's release in Pokemon Heroes
    They didn't do much to make me feel sad for them...

Years
    Anyone remember the episode in which Ash and his Pokemon get trapped in the mountains and all of his Pokemon are trying to keep him warm? That was quite the sad moment for me lol. I was young though o_o But of course that is no excuse when it comes to Pokemon the first movie when Ash almost dies...I did get shivers then XP and I always do I think. I quite like Ash as a character ^_^

Yeah, I remember that lol- that would be mine too.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    There are two extremely sad moments in Pokemon for me. One was when everyone died in the tree in the 8th movie. Even though they came back, it still hurt. However, the Pokemon crying (Combusken especially) ruined the scene.

Back on topic, I am probably inclined to mention Latios's death, because this is Pokemon! Having someone actually die for real is a huge dischord as Tajiri himself said he wanted to avoid mentioning death. But the one I nominate is Team Rocket leaving Arbok and Weezing behind to protect the colony of Ekans and Weezing. The scene with Jessie and James attempting to "Fury Swipes" Tyranitar despite wearing gloves covering their "claws" is still one of, if not the most unsettling scene in the entire anime as it's one of those things that should be funny, and would be in any other situation, but here, it just adds to the depressing tone of the scene. To add insult to injury, the twerps missed seeing their noble acts. I can't believe that people would put some character's departure over this or any death scene.

I completely agree. This was THE saddest moment in the anime. Not to mention Arbok and Weezing stayed for so long and then suddenly they were leaving. Plus, 4kids placement of Tears of Life made me freggin cry. IMO 4kids made the scene not just said but depressing and a bit haunting. The original music was just sad, it wasn't traumatizing.

To this day, whenever I want to cry, I play the Tears of Life.

Also, call me random but an episode that touched me deep down was from a Johto filler "The Poke spokesperson." It was that one scene where Simon is in the storm shelter and those three Pokemon talk to him and then the next thing you know, they're gone.
    ;_;

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2009
    Saddest moment was on the 1st episode. When it began raining and ash had pikachu and they were running from the spearow and he crashed on the bike. Pikachu just layed there, helplessly, and ash tried to get it back into the pokeball. Then he tried to confront the spearow and pikachu came to the rescue. Then it was a good ending from there. "sniff"

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2008
    It was pretty sad when they captured the legendary birds. They were somewhat tortured.

Back