• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Sailor Moon rewatch?

Years
  • Hullo! I've always wanted to watch the Sailor Moon anime, but I've never actually done so. I watched maybe..., ten episodes of Crystal a few years ago, but I never finished that.

So - I'm proposing a PC Rewatch (or first time viewing) of the original Sailor Moon anime. We can do Crystal if enough people want to, but it was never finished, and suffered from animation problems like:
    12958_1581524697449833158.png

In the US, it's available for streaming via Hulu. This website can tell you where it's available to legally stream in Australia, the UK, and Canada. You might have to just look into it further if you live in a different country.

It looks like there's about 200 Episodes of the original anime - maybe we could do seven episodes or so a week? (Ofc, if you want to do more or less, that's fine!!)

Would anyone be interested?

Participants
    erik destler
    Sailor Moon
    Cherrim
    Dawn

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Crystal wasn't that bad. It wasn't great, but it was fine for what it was--a low budget web anime.

Anyway, I'm down for this. I've been meaning to rewatch lately anyway!

pkmin3033

Dub or sub? If we're watching the original dub complete with the amazing theme song, count me in. Otherwise...pass. xD

Years
  • Dub or sub? If we're watching the original dub complete with the amazing theme song, count me in. Otherwise...pass. xD
    I was planning on watching the dub, but i don't think we'll require people to watch the dub versus sub lmao. it kinda depends on what everyone wants to do~

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The new dub (from the last few years) is uncut, so you won't be missing out on anything if you go with that one. :) I've heard it's pretty good!

Years
  • Yes please.

Crystal wasn't that bad. It wasn't great, but it was fine for what it was--a low budget web anime.

Anyway, I'm down for this. I've been meaning to rewatch lately anyway!

Dub or sub? If we're watching the original dub complete with the amazing theme song, count me in. Otherwise...pass. xD

I'm in! I want to watch the sub because the dub version censors a lot of things.

The new dub (from the last few years) is uncut, so you won't be missing out on anything if you go with that one. :) I've heard it's pretty good!

I've never actually finished Sailor Moon, so I'm down!

I've never watched it, but had it on "to watch" list for years. Count me in.

Kinda forgot about this due to COVID and everything else going on in the world - would anyone still be interested in doing this? I've been binging the series on Hulu with the new Viz dubbing. It's great.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Have never watched Sailor Moon :( count me in if its happenin

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Don't know how far along I'll go with this, but I've been wanting to watch through for the last few years now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    you know what? maybe this can be the next thing i binge

although.... i do still need to finish AA so maybe not. not yet.

have fun though! sailor moon is my childhood, not as much maybe as pokémon, but definitely part of it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm gonna suggest the new dub, it's very good! I was watching the Stars season of that dub in recent months, and I was really enjoying it!

I might have to hop onto the re-watch train if this is still going to happen! (If I'm able to be on when it happens anyhoo)

Back