• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Sakamoto desu ga?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

• Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto
    First year high school student Sakamoto isn't just cool, he's the coolest! Almost immediately after starting school, he began attracting everyone's attention. The girls love him, and most of the boys resent him. There's even a boy in the class who works as a model, but who is constantly upstaged by Sakamoto! No matter what tricks the other boys try to play on him, Sakamoto always manages to foil them with ease and grace. Though Sakamoto may seem cool and aloof, he helps others when asked, such as in the case of the boy in his class who was being constantly bullied. No matter what difficulties Sakamoto encounters, he moves through his high school life with confidence and class.

Type: TV
    Episodes: 13
    Aired: Apr 8, 2016 to ?
    Premiered: Spring 2016
    Broadcast: Fridays at 02:28 (JST)
    Producers: TBS, DAX Production, King Records
    Licensors: Sentai Filmworks
    Studios: Studio Deen
    Source: Manga
    Genres: Comedy, School, Seinen
    Duration: 24 min. per ep.
    Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Spoiler: Cast and Crew

Hikaru Midorikawa as Sakamoto

Akira Ishida as Yoshinobu Kubota
    Hitomi Nabatame as Yagi
    Jouji Nakata as Kakuta
    Kana Ueda as Mii
    Ken Takeuchi as Kenken
    Koji Yusa as 8823 (Hayabusa)
    Kujira as Shigemi Kubota
    Mai Nakahara as Megumi Fujita
    Masahito Yabe as Shige Kobayashi
    Mikako Takahashi as Erika
    Mitsuo Iwata as Fukase
    Nobuyuki Hiyama as Mario
    Saki Fujita as Tanaka
    Showtaro Morikubo as Yūya Sera
    Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Yasuda
    Tetsu Inada as Maruyama
    Tomoaki Maeno as Morita
    Tomokazu Sugita as Acchan
    Yukari Tamura as Kana

Yui Horie as Aina Kuronuma

Staff:

Japanese staff
    Japanese cast
    Director: Shinji Takamatsu
    Music: Yasuhiko Fukuda
    Original creator: Nami Sano
    Character Design: Atsuko Nakajima
    Art Director: Masatoshi Muto
    Director of Photography: Junko Sakai

Color design: Hitomi Sano
    Editing: Rie Matsubara
    Theme Song Performance:
    CustomiZ (OP)
    SuneoHair (ED)

TRAILERS
    Spoiler:

I was not expecting to watch this at all

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I watched this last night and it was the best decision I've made for this season. The comedy is great and I'll be looking forward to this.

Reactions: noa

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I think it is just me but...the comedy here hasn't exactly worked on me. Granted, I read the parts in the manga that got adapted in ep 1 but...I was expecting myself to laugh more. I found it amusing when I read it but didn't laugh. Thought it'd work better when animated but...naah, nothing of the sort.

Here's to hope it manages to increase its ridiculousness each week. Maybe then I'll find it funny. Idk.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • This show is such a treat!
    I went into this season expecting Jojo to be me top pick but I can tell this is going to be a serious contender. This is exactly my kind of comedy. The humor and art direction somehow take me back to Cromartie High School.
    I like how my feelings on Sakamoto perfectly tread the line between "wow, he's so cool! *heart eyes*" and "this is so ridiculous it's unreal." You just can't help loving Sakamoto, and even the jealous side characters are extremely endearing. I love that in the end, everyone falls for Sakamoto!

Also, can I comment on that amazing ost? I can't wait to hear more of it.
    Anyway, I'm excited to see what kind of antics Sakamoto will get into next. :D

Genesystem

Beef Alternative
    Years
  • Three trio was made up of famous voice actors, but the fact that the most unlikely one was Yorozuya was...really distracting.

Like, their voices could've been shifted slightly and they would've been fine- and it doesn't really bother me, but it caught my attention the moment he opened his mouth.

Years
  • The very antonym of delinquent is Sakamoto? Wow.

He isn't just cool, he's the coolest. Anime with such a headline won't be enough to make a perplexing situation. I might be wrong, but makers of Gintama? this would be one hella ride of fun!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I picked up the manga at the bookstore 'cause the volume cover has them line effects.

I didn't regret it.

And now I didn't regret watching the first episode. 8)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • So, talked about this with some friends and I'm still unsure...at the beginning of the episodes when they're playing with the volleyball, is that CG?

Seems unlikely because it's mostly reused frames, but the animation does have a small bit of uncanniness to its smoothness that makes it seem 3Dish.

Also, just watched episode 3. Sakamoto's a fucking nerd and I love it.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • The series isn't as funny to me as it is for most people, I guess. But I'm still enjoying his over the top antics. Sakamoto hiding from that dude's mom was hilarious but her obsession with him despite being married and having a kid the same age as Sakamoto was kinda creepy lol.

shellysunfish

Hoenn and cat Pokemon fangirl
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    I love the manga so much! I was so excited to hear it was animated.
    Then Hikaru Midorikawa (my favorite voice actor) was announced as Sakamoto.
    I'm beyond bliss watching this series.
    Sakamoto desu ga?

mayunaise

sandwich spread
    Years
  • I swear to god this is as if every cliche of a male background character with glasses was made into one being and then ramped up by 10. He is literally so smooth, his smoothness breaks reality, and forms fiction (circa episode 3, literally fazing into the tv). I love it.

Back