• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Salutations! Here for fulfilment

Vagabond+

Dream Traveler
    Years
    I'm far from new to this site, but this is my first time sitting down to write and participate. I have a lot of experience and interest in all sorts of things Pokemon, mainly the mainline games and battling. But I recently have wanted to try and chase that spark that made playing the games so enthralling as a kid, so I'm looking forward to finding others who are knowledgeable and eager to continue experiencing what this franchise has to offer, new and old.

I have lots of ambitions. Creating bonds with new partners in the games, logging lots of hours into each save file, working on ROM Hacks that work closely to enhance the mainline experience, starting a YouTube channel cataloging my explorations, and fitting themes and sounds of the franchise into music. This series has meant the world to me and no drama or company missteps can change that.

So... yeah! Sorry if that was all a bit overdramatic, "Welcome To The Hoenn Region!" by Braxton Burks (Pokemon Reorchestrated) came on as I was typing it and possessed me to type a bit grand I suppose 😅

My first goal? Figuring out how to make prettier posts than this one!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Welcome to PC! It's certainly the right place for you :3

Best way to learn our "css" code that people use to prettify their posts with is by quote-previewing others and poking around to see what works! You can google specific tags to learn more about them too, or ask the person who made the post you quoted :3 There's a whole section where you can make threads to your hearts desire and test things out, called Scrapbox https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fn=scrapbox For inspiration, I recommend browsing Roleplay Stage's threads, as there's a looot of cool css going on there, for example in the Trainers RP :D https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=425416&page=17 (and while you're at it, forum roleplaying aka writing together is an awesome way to keep the fun of a 'pokémon journey' up at this day and age!)

What was your favorite pokémon games as a kid? :) Previous Generations is a cozy spot to chit-chat about your memories from them! I see you've already posted a lot there so I hope it indeed reignited your spark some~ But there's also chatter going on about the newly announced games, as well, in the neighboring sections named as those titles. Check it out too? :3

I hope you'll have fun here. See you around!

Years
    Well I don't know if a welcome is fully appropriate considering you seem to already be well versed with getting around the site, but I'm glad to see you formally introduce yourself Vagabond! I'm more of a casual when it comes to Pokemon related discourse, but feel free to hit me up whenever for whatever! And hey, I do hope you find that spark you've been looking for. Participating in a Pokemon-oriented community is a great first step for sure :) (Though it does seem like you've already done a lot else hehe)

It's you and me with regards to making pretty-looking posts here btw. I've already been here a while but it's still sort of confusing at times! PC is so different to other websites and programs I'm used to; we need to be pretty darn hands-on with coding 'round these parts. Astromancer's already given really good advice on where to get good resources and inspiration, and I believe there's also our CSS Help Megathread over at the Internet and Technology section, but I'm not entirely sure if it's updated. Will have to get back to you on that eheh. The ones they gave are great though, start with those.

Anyway, if you ever have any inquiries, don't hesitate to reach out to me or any other staff members you happen to come across around the forums. We'd be glad to help :) With all that said, enjoy your stay!

Vagabond+

Dream Traveler
    Years
    Welcome to PC! It's certainly the right place for you :3

Best way to learn our "css" code that people use to prettify their posts with is by quote-previewing others and poking around to see what works! You can google specific tags to learn more about them too, or ask the person who made the post you quoted :3 There's a whole section where you can make threads to your hearts desire and test things out, called Scrapbox https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fn=scrapbox For inspiration, I recommend browsing Roleplay Stage's threads, as there's a looot of cool css going on there, for example in the Trainers RP :D https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=425416&page=17 (and while you're at it, forum roleplaying aka writing together is an awesome way to keep the fun of a 'pokémon journey' up at this day and age!)

What was your favorite pokémon games as a kid? :) Previous Generations is a cozy spot to chit-chat about your memories from them! I see you've already posted a lot there so I hope it indeed reignited your spark some~ But there's also chatter going on about the newly announced games, as well, in the neighboring sections named as those titles. Check it out too? :3

I hope you'll have fun here. See you around!

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I'll check them out :)
    My favorite games were definitely Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Crystal was my first love and not far behind. Stadium 2, Colosseum and Gale of Darkness all were super important to me as well, but nothing matches my soft spot for the Hoenn region.

Vagabond+

Dream Traveler
    Years
    Well I don't know if a welcome is fully appropriate considering you seem to already be well versed with getting around the site, but I'm glad to see you formally introduce yourself Vagabond! I'm more of a casual when it comes to Pokemon related discourse, but feel free to hit me up whenever for whatever! And hey, I do hope you find that spark you've been looking for. Participating in a Pokemon-oriented community is a great first step for sure :) (Though it does seem like you've already done a lot else hehe)

It's you and me with regards to making pretty-looking posts here btw. I've already been here a while but it's still sort of confusing at times! PC is so different to other websites and programs I'm used to; we need to be pretty darn hands-on with coding 'round these parts. Astromancer's already given really good advice on where to get good resources and inspiration, and I believe there's also our CSS Help Megathread over at the Internet and Technology section, but I'm not entirely sure if it's updated. Will have to get back to you on that eheh. The ones they gave are great though, start with those.

Anyway, if you ever have any inquiries, don't hesitate to reach out to me or any other staff members you happen to come across around the forums. We'd be glad to help :) With all that said, enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the well wishes! Even casually there is so much to do in almost every generation if you know where to look. I'm slowly going through the gens and completing tasks I looked over on previous playthroughs.
    And I appreciate the offers for help. I'll make sure to not be a stranger!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Since Astromancer and Roni gave you the run down I'll just say hi, haha. Welcome to the community! I hope you're able to find everything you want from this forum. <3

Years
    You seem like you'll fit in excellently tbh! Welcome Vagabond+. :D I've never worked on a fangame before but I constantly say how talented those that can are - it requires so much work, and seeing your project finally come to life must be so fulfilling. Hope to see you around!!

Back