• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sarcasm

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
Years
  • Sarcasm is something I tend to do more often in real life for humour but when it aggravates someone I stop, I'd rather not tick someone off and making it into a large argument. I'm a peaceful person when it comes to that type of thing. On the internet though, it's hard to be sarcastic so I don't try to be sarcastic at all but I have been told though that I am sarcastic even on the internet. For me to be around a sarcastic person isn't a problem, it's humorous for myself, then again, I'm easily amused. They chose to be sarcastic, their choice. I can't stop them from being sarcastic. The only time I wish people wasn't sarcastic is when I'm in a good old grump, then I will state the reason why they shouldn't be sarcastic whilst I'm a mood then walk off. But more often that not, I'm in a good mood so I tend to never really be bothered. I've never been a good detector of sarcasm, though...

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Sarcasm when used properly, is quite an effective humor mechanism.

But, I have some rules. First of all being that being sarcastic towards me, with statements at my expense is strictly prohibited anytime you want to be taken seriously, and are not trying to be insulting or rude. I enforce that pretty heavily on anyone who interacts with me, simply because I hate seeing sarcasm being abused, misused, or otherwise used insensitively. If you're being sarcastic in the wrong moment, I usually peg you as rude or arrogant...neither of which gets great treatment at all. :<

Of course naturally if you're in a casual tone, the topic is none too serious, and you're just goofing around and being silly...it is perfectly fine so long as you're not using it offensively. Be certain that I trust you enough as a friend before you go teasing me...I don't like jokes at anyone's expense unless it's playful, and unoffensive to the target...and I have been known to 'gnaw faces off' when someone insults a friend...So be sure to let the target let me know if it's OK if I start 'gnawing' or 'gnashing my teeth' at it.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • face to face sarcasm I like, sarcasm online i don't because I can't tell online sarcasm and end up getting angry at someone who was joking

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Sarcasm makes the world go 'round.

It's even better in the web because no one can really tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

THUS IS THE BIRTH OF TROLLING.

Or at least my minimal, pathetic excuse for trolling. n_n

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I'm hardly ever sarcastic. I just don't see the point.

It makes life that little more fun/interesting :) (no that wasn't sarcasm)

I am sarcastic around friends all the time. I kinda stopped being sarcastic to people who I dont know so well as a lot of the time they dont know when I am being sarcastic and things turn ugly (I am vicious with my mouth in arguments). I tend not to be sarcastic on forums as it is very hard to tell when someone is being serious about something or not.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I act sarcastic around sarcastic people. If it annoys anybody, then I just zip my mouth. I don't talk much anyways.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • Sarcasm is the best. It just has to be perfectly executed and it has to leave whoever you're speaking to feel like a moron.

Sort of difficult to get across in text though, because tone of voice has a lot to do with it.

Years
  • Pfff, I use sarcasm all the time. xD
    And yeah, it can be difficult to tell if someone's being sarcastic online or not. ><

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
  • Seriously, I think the world would be a better place if people just stopped being sarcastic. It's almost never positive and can hurt people emotionally. :/ Nah jk sarcasm is great. I'm sarcastic all the time.

La Denryu

WITTY CAPTION
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    I love saracasm. But sometimes it doesn't really transfer well over the internet.

"We've been doing all this coursework for the past week.."
    "Oh. Fun then."
    "NO, IT'S NOT FUN."
    "....."

So I stick to making sarcastic remarks irl.

Back