• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SAVING A LOT OF DATA!

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    I've become more patient to loading times now that I'm more mature and aware of how much work goes into making a game. I found Pokemon's load times to be very mild compared to some games and I only really dealt with it in Platinum; it just made me dread using my PC sometimes when I just needed to do a simple thing like moving items.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    That message drives me crazy whenever I done making my progress and take a break from playing in my DS. Why the heck gamefreak makes such saving delay!? it's pointless..

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I really hated how long it took to save a lot of data in Gen IV. It definitely felt like it took far too long lol. I was extremely surprised at how quickly BW2 saved, and even more surprised at how quickly XY saved, so we've definitely come a long way.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • It could be much worse, it could be you have to GO to a Pokemon Center to save. If that were the case, Pokemon would NOT be my game.
    Actually that would be an interesting mechanic imo. Make Pokemon more like a traditional RPG. Gives me an idea for a challenge...

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Isn't that exactly what you had to do in Pokemon Colosseum?

Granted, the difference between a handheld game and a console one is that you generally play in much longer bursts when sitting in front of a TV, and it was apparently disliked enough they brought back the option to save anywhere in XD.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Diamond and Pearl are well known as rather slow games, and the saving speed just puts that opinion into practice. The exaggeration was unrequired, but it proved somewhat true. Thank you for giving my fingers some good time to practice how to tap on a table, Game Freak.

Years
  • I always dreaded this message because save times were awful during the fourth and fifth generation days (moreso D/P/Pt). >_>; It wouldn't make me want to shatter my DS or anything of the sort but the wait times were too long for me to the point where I tried not to save very often, haha.

Psh just keep it as "saving." I'd much rather see that instead. Thank god the save speed was improved in the sixth gen.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I didn't really like the fact that it had to tell you that it was saving a lot of data because somehow that made it a lot worse.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I hated that message. I thought that since the technology improved, saving would be faster than Gen 3. I was wrong. It got to the point that when I first saved in Pokemon X after playing Pearl for a while, I thought I forgot to save.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Whenever I see that message, I panic and make sure that my hands are as far away from the power switch and that it still has enough battery to survive. Then again, I always do that whenever I save, except I panic considerably less, seeing as there isn't much time to panic. xD But this particular message is really annoying especially in D/P, because it happens everytime and for some reason I always fall for it and be all cautious.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    idk if I've lost all memory or I am just a patient Patricia. I remember that message coming up in d/p and having to wait a little extra time to save, but it never bothered me. I only remember this happening during the initial new save game file so idrk what everyone is talking about.

Back