• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saving again and again...

Years
  • I usually save in somemthing prone to glitch, like a hack or a fangame.
    I still tend to play it safe, when playing a legit Pokemon game, as well.
    I wouldn't want to lose all those levels I grinded if I drop my DS, or forget whether I saved or not.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • This happens so much... Sometimes I think that when the cursor is on "Save", I just put it there to save, not knowing whether I've saved already. It gets really frustrating at times... I've gotten better at monitoring whether I've saved recently, but Pokemon is the main game where I'm confused as to whether I just saved or not, thus making me incur multiple saves... Multi-tasking makes the whole ordeal even worse.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yup this happens to me alot, I click save and I look away whilst its saving or do something else then I look back and it's on save again and I'm not sure whether I clicked it so I end up clicking it again, and maybe even again if it happens, so you're not alone!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I do that all the time. Sometimes I blank out and end up resaving at least three times. But hey, I don't lose any data in the end :D

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Guilty as charged. Especially if I am in the middle of EV training or if I just caught a hard-to-catch Pokemon or if I just finished a difficult area (I'm still wandering in Kanto without having beaten the Gym Leaders because I'm just taking my time) or if I am playing the Goldenrod Lottery or if I just did Buena's Password, I always end up double saving... just in case.

I once accidentally reset my game in the middle of EVing my Pokemon because my Pokemon got points for fainting someone I didn't need EVs from... only to remember too late that the last time I saved my game was about... 100 EVs ago.

After that incident, I concluded that it is always in my best interest to save often and to save AGAIN if you aren't sure.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2011
    puh! I thought I'm the only one. Hmm I always save in a pokemon center and often more than once. It's kinda an addiction. :D

Years
  • OH WOW!! I didn't realize so many people did it XD I thought I was the only one haha. So yes I'm guilty as charged for saving multiple times at once because I forget if I did even though most of the time I'm pretty sure I did, but it's always nice just to double check :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    If there's any doubt, I save again. I once thought I had double-saved, when in fact I hadn't saved at all. Lost a lot of progress.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • Ha, yeah, I tend to do that when I'm multi-tasking. I'll usually be on MSN or something, then look down at my DSi and be like "...I didn't hear it. -saves-". I don't think I've ever saved more than 3 times in a row, though.

I do tend to save a LOT though. I've made it a habit to save every single time I go into a Pokemon Center. I also save if something good happens, like a Pokemon levels up, or I hatch a Pokemon... I also save after EVERY EV. Just in case.

I also tend to save right before the Bug Catching Contest, but I almost never reset. The last time I reset was before I got the National Dex. I was trying to catch a Scyther at full HP, but no matter how many balls I threw it wouldn't catch.

I had two balls left... Then it fainted my level 55ish Ledian with a Critical Hit.

I reset, owned a random Scyther, captured a level 18 Weedle and accepted my prize... And Saved. xD

Although, back before I beat the game, I never saved before important battles. To me, that was like cheating. I regretted it during the double battle with your Rival, though. My levels were like... Early 60s. All his Pokemon fainted in 1 hit.

I was like "...Well, this is going to be quite beautiful." and proceeded to spam Revives/Max Revives/Revival Herbs and Hyper Potions/Full Restores. I managed to win, but it was mostly due to some lucky critical hits and item spam.

Then I proceeded to go to the E4, and own Lance's mysteriously de-leveled Pokemon just for the sake of my sanity. >_>

In any case, this is getting pretty off topic... Let's just say I have weird saving habits and be done with it!

Years
  • *raises hand*
    GUILTY! *saves pokemon game* ........did I save it?
    ---------
    yep, guilty as charged. I saved about 50 times after battling Lenora O.o

Last edited:

Rosebud2

My Pokemon is Fight!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2012
    No, I guess this doesn't really happen to me. But I do forget to save in the first place a lot. Like once I turned off my DS and lost 10 levels of training on my Golduck in Platinum... that made me really mad

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'm insecure when it comes to my games saving. I always thought my DS was gonna explode or something so I saved it like every 15 minutes or so. But now I have reason to constantly save because my DS is messed up, and when I do get it on--which is like once every full moon--I have to make sure I save because it may very well cut off on me even when charging.

Though, I think I saved more throughout the beginning of the game than towards the end. I just hate putting in hours of gameplay when I first get a game only to forget to save, or something else horrible happen.

Instantmashed

Master Mashed
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    I have this problem. I save pretty much after every action I do lol... buy 5 potions? (save), walk 100 steps? (save), slap team rocket around? (long save)

Back