• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scary Zelda Commercial

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
  • normally when a person thinks of Nintendo they think of really nice games meant for children. Well i was looking up some old game commercials on youtube and found this
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=f5Mf2mp6fms&feature=related

Incase someone doesnt know this is the commercial to the legend of zelda majoras mask. in this game you have 3 days to stop a falling moon with a huge face on it. turns out this is not fanmade and actually aired. I guess this shows you that nintendo has somewhat of a darker side to their advertising. anybody else have thoughts on this commercial? i have to admit it ran a chill down my spine...

EDIT: also heres the japanese commercial if someone's interested.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls8ac3rQWSs

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    That game was pretty dark for a Nintendo game anyway, so I'm not too surprised by the commercial.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I remember watching it in a promotional video, and it creeped me a lot. But actually it's completely related to the theme of the game, I mean, it is probably the darkest Zelda ever (even more than TP), so it's natural for it have such a creepy ad.

The Graceful Assassin

Years
  • Wow. That was so random, yet really creepy.

Where was this aired? I don't think I ever saw it in America. o.o;

to be honest i dont remember seeing this either. But from what i have heard this commercial aired back towards the release of this game. ( i think in 2000) people have claimed to remember it.

another thing games like this could have come about because some people thought the world was going to end in the year 2000.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I remember there being similar ones with higher production values.

Nintendo even had some viral sites going on to promote that game.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • ...Somebody hold me...

Anyway sweeties, I don't remember this commercial, but if I saw this 8 years ago, it'll probably haunt me for a good while.

The Graceful Assassin

Years
  • i think the reason why most people have not seen this commercial is cause it has a darker theme to it. So it could have aired on more adult tv stations. ( maybe because of the whole world ending thing). i do have this game and back when i was younger i was terrified of the game, and of the moon...

Years
  • The Japanese ad was scarier than the amaerican one. Though the american one is a little more intense with the countdown and such the Japanese one deffianntly gives me the chills with the moons face XD

I don't remember seein anything for teh Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask but I remember putting on the masks for the species scared me alot, the faces Link made terrified me XD

But yes deffianntly the darkest Zelda game in my opinion, but it was the funnest to play too =D

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • That ad reminds me of one of those armaggedon movies, only with a little silliness added.
    I wish that Nintendo would come up with ads as interesting as that instead of the rubbish we get now (especially the European ads).

The Graceful Assassin

Years
  • That ad reminds me of one of those armaggedon movies, only with a little silliness added.
    I wish that Nintendo would come up with ads as interesting as that instead of the rubbish we get now (especially the European ads).

it was really meant to be seen as an armegeddon type thing. it makes you wonder why nintendo tryed so hard to promote this game in the past. i dont think the commercials for twilight princess were nearly as good. also perhaps this game should have been rated E10+ rather than E. this game scared many small kids ( like myself) prior to its release in 2000.

GreenCyndaquil

Master Trainer
    Years
  • That game was annoying during some parts
    But Majora's Mask is easy if you spent all that TIME getting all the Masks
    Then playing Hide and Seek
    (Well sorta It is mainly just going through obstacle courses)
    with the 4 Moon children than giving them the EXTRA Masks
    (I ALWAYS give th BUNNY HOOD to the LAST CHILD----TO SAVE TIME)
    Than I am not sure what to do next I for got

The game wasn't THAT creepy
    TP is weirder
    (TP has:Zant throwing Temper Tantrum, Zant Exploding, Becoming a Chicken, theres creepy Agatha and her bug kingdom and Links ability to not kill bugs in his Pocket
    and Not being able ton Transform Then walking 2 steps then you can transform )

(Then MM has: A HAND IN THE TOILET and thats about it)

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    ...thhat mmooonss faaccce... x_x

I don't remember seeing these commercials in America. The Japanese one was epic XD That moon was going to crash into that guy's building. The American one was epic as well.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Heh.......not really all that scary for me. Majora's Mask was a dark Loz game for sure, but TP topped it.

Back