• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School: most dreaded place on the planet!

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    School's usually exciting the first couple of weeks, meeting new people, getting to know your classes and teachers, etc., but then after that it's like whatever. I do like school, because it makes me do something productive.

I'm pretty good in school, as I got straight A's all throughout middle school. No minuses either. Lol I'm not considered a nerd, just the classes are easy. I'm gonna miss school when it ends. Speaking of which, I go to my orientation tomorrow.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
    So you guys are all basically all brave, courageous lions. Huh.

I maintain good grades, As in everything except math-related classes where I usually end up in the B range. I just hate being there. Funny thing is, I've never been picked on to an extent where I should hate school so much nor have I ever really been picked on at all. It's just scary and dreadful, I just push through every day blindly (except when I'm working) hoping it will go by faster, and damn does it work.

Was just talking about this with a friend earlier!

Kind of sad to say, but school makes me nervous and upset whenever it's time to go. >: I'm shy, so I dread professors making us introduce ourselves, presentations, and etc. That's really the only thing that makes me dislike school - a lot of my classes now make me present in one way or another and I just can't seem to work around that shyness haha. I know things like public speaking are unavoidable but oddly enough my being shy really only shows itself in class, not in interviews/etc.

But other than that, I'd say I settle in well! School on its own isn't so bad.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I actually liked school... it was the place I got together with friends and got away from the house and family. Also, I never really had any "nightmare" teachers till college, so that might have had something to do with enjoying school more than most.

Years
    I get real anxious about going back to school at first, but I usually get over it quickly. I'm itching to go back.

I can say, yeah, there's people I'd rather not see everyday for the school year, but I really like being busy and learning. I love english, history, presenting, and art classes. Math and science aren't my favorite classes, but I'm okay with those classes. What I'm waiting to change classes is, is with CHOIR. I don't sing out loud and I'm certainly not start getting graded on my singing! Other than that, I can't wait to go back to school. =]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I haven't been to school in three years, and the thought of going back makes me feel sick to my stomach. I'm not sure why, something about going back to that life just fills me with dread.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I feel every time I go back to school after a hoilday, It feels like the holiday didn't happen at all. Getting into the routine of the school day is very easy and it only really takes a couple time to get used to it again.

As a experience, I'm enjoying school currently after coming back. Moving to the upper part of the school makes the past years at school feel like a waste of time. I hated school back in July as everyone was finding a way to tick me off ;it was not a good experience.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    I really just do not like school. Such a bother! Graduating was pretty much the best day ever for me. School was never my thing... I sometimes have bad dreams about actually never graduating, or "forgetting" to take a class in high school so now I have to go back, or things like that :P I was a pretty okay student, maybe could've done better but I didn't feel like putting in the effort. First day back made me anxious in elementary/middle and starting high school, but starting in 10th grade I was sort of neutral about it.

This is my second year of no school, and I am enjoying fun stuff like eating lunch out with my parents everyday, going grocery shopping, learning to drive, staying up all night because I can, and other such things.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It's boring. Just another day, really, but I go to the local college and don't do dorm life or anything.

No anxiety at all, I just show up and write stuff down.

Khawill

<3
    Years
    I actually like school, not because of classes, or even the people. I actually enjoy it because I know my life isn't getting any better from it. I doubt I'll find a better time than now (only in HS though so I guess I can't make conclusions now).

Back